Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round?

Now, am I seeing things or do some of you fancy this as well? :p Funnily, when I glance through the array of fixtures on offer this weekend, this is the game with relatively decent value that has caught my eye. Cyprus priced @ 1.50 must surely be as close to a steal as you could get. OK, Cyprus haven't been that impressive with 4 points from 5 games but surely, they can't be that bad a team when they only lost 1-2 to France, could they? Here, they're up against those Maltest no-hopers who really are no better than the San Marinos, Liechtensteins and Andorras. Having been whacked 6-0 by France and are still stuck at the bottom of Group 1 with no points, I honestly can't see past a Cyprus win here - HT/FT at above evens may prove value and might be worth giving a shot IMO. ;) Will probably lump in some other teams to get the odds up to evens though. :b

• 5 weeks later...

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? Worth checking H2Hs if available (haven't done it myself). Unlike San Marino, Malta like to bother at times. for instance they are a bogey team for Czechs who usually struggle to get a result although fancied to cruise it. Comparing results from matches with France is not enough to make it a pick of the round, imo. All in all, cyprus are pretty poor themselves.

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? Malta are not as bad as you think, IMO! If anything Cyprus look way overpriced to me. Cyprus made a meal of winning the home game between these two sides. I think it was 2-1 or 2-0, and I remember I put a little bit on the X2 on that game at huge odds, but only missed out to a some late goals from Cyprus.

Guest kojic2003

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? I placed money on away win two days ago(1.80 in my local bookie!?).Away side is not some impressive team,but they should win here.I don't know too much about Malta.As I know(they played against Serbia in past) their players haven't professional contracts.In other words they are all amateurs and football isn't their main job.Away win absolutely for me.

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? Just checked -- the only close game Malta have played so far in their group was away to Cyprus (2-1 Cyprus with a very late winner). Although Malta haven't won at home, Cyprus haven't won away. The best odds you can get on the web are about 1.65. Another thing is Cyprus are also without a chance of qualifying so this makes the game more like a friendly of two islanders. Doubt I'll have a go myself, but good luck to all anyway.

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? I agree with Luso here! Malta is not as bad as most of you may think. I believe that the bookies have overestimated Cyprus and I think Low Stakes on the Home Win @ 7.00 and Draw @ 4.00 @ BetInternet are worth a try! Also I fancy an OVER here @ 2.20 @ Scandic!

Guest kojic2003

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? You can't watch with how many goals Malta lost against Cyprus.This is not important thing for Malta's games.Point is they are amateurs,they can't play all 90min,because they are not ready for that and it's just a matter of time when will their rivals score the goal.Strong teams will score 5-6 goals,weaker teams will win with 1 or 2 goals diff. against them and that's the fact.Maybe Malta can make some surprise,but I give only 5% for that.And I give 95% for away win here.

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? Well, I wasn't trying to suggest this is in anyway the surest bet available(you'd prob go with Sweden to edge out San Marino for that), but when you consider factors like the value on offer, then this probably is the bet to look out for. ;) It's certainly better than bets like Iceland or Ireland IMO. :p Malta's record read as follows : Overall : 0-0-6 - Scored 2, Conceded 20 Home : 0-0-3 - Scored 1, Conceded 9 Cyprus' record read as follows : Overall : 1-1-3 - Scored 5, Conceded 10 Away : 0-0-2 - Scored 1, Conceded 6 Can't see this in any other light but for Malta to maintain their losing streak - kojic probably mentioned a key point there, Malta's players are amateurs. :smokin

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? As far as I can remember, Malta loses against weak teams, but they always score one or two, so I think that over is the best choice for all who want to bet. Also, first half X may be tempting. This is in agreement that they play while they have strength. So X-2 also looks nice. Cyprus is pretty poor this year though... Good luck all of you :smokin

Guest deancreus

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? 0-2 at the moment. Im also on the OVER here- just hoping they dont sit back on the 2 goals and go for another. They have a man advantage plus Konstantinou on a hattrick so heres hoping for one more......

Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? Cyprus leading 2-0 with 65mins gone - and they have got an extra man to boot. Should do nicely methinks. :lol Certainly a better bet than Ireland, Iceland and Ukraine - all struggled to narrow wins despite being priced in the 1.20's! ;)

Guest deancreus

Re: Malta v Cyprus : Pick of the Round? 1-2 :rollin Sorry if this makes it tense for you edtkh but I needed by 3 goals ;) Im hoping Cyprus go and put it firnly to bed for you now mate :)