Glorious Goodwood DAY 2

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 3.30 Excellent Art (nap) & Archipenko e/w Asiatic Boy has done all his winning this term on the dirt in Dubai and looks a real good horse but interesting to see that he turns 4 years of age today meaning he has to give away a whole 7lbs to the 3 year olds. So if this race was to be run a day earlier I beleive he could still race on the weights the 3 year olds get still. The weight could prove to much considering his little break. Have put Excellent Art into my 10 to follow after being impressive in both of his races this year, The race looks to have some real strong pace in which will no only suit Excellent Art coming of the pace but also Jamie Spencer who knows how to produce this horse. Archipenko if showing any signs of his derby trial form when beating yesterday's winner Yellowstone, will be liking the drying ground and looks a huge price at 40/1 for a place. 4.05 Samira Gold Very lightly raced and looks open to much improvement from her recent 2nd just a lenght behind Yaqeen who is a group 1 performer. Stayed on very strong and this extra 2 furlongs will suit. The ground no problems, stable in cracking form and I'll be hoping Spencer can get a quick double up.

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 RAMONTI..G/WOOD..3.30 has an amazing record when running over 8 furlongs,on good going, (111111) add in the fact most of its wins have been at san siro (in italy) a right handed track with a turn and i believe goodwood could suit it well. there are some potentially class horses here but this front runner has the master of pace on board and can see the others off. As ever, the going is important in my selections.

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 3:30 GOODWOOD I Backed Excellant Art and Ramonti at Ascot but the former is a bit too short at around 7/4 and Ramonti is unlikely to get his own way infront. Coolmore have at least one pacemaker (some might say spoiler). I agree with Jon for a horse that started 3rd fav for the Derby Archimpenko is over priced at around 54/1. He won his 10 furlong trial by using his speed against Yellowstone and may still be suited by a mile. With pacemaker Trinity College, Ramonti, Asiatic Boy who all like to race prominently the race could be set up for Excellant Art and Jeremy. Jeremy ran below form last year at Goodwood but the 5/1 is worth taking. His chance must be roughly the same as Ramonti on Queen Anne form. Suggest £40 @ 5/1 Jeremy (Bet Fred) £5 @ 55/1 Archimpenko

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 2:50 GOODWOOD The Godolphin horse was so impressive when racing prominently to win its maiden in a very fast time. Will be very hard to beat and deserves to be odds on. However, did not look anything like that good on debut when ridden more patiently. Other pace horses are in the field (Ellmau, Lizard Island), so will be looking elsewhere. Can not see Lizard Island being one of Coolmores very best by seasons end, Andrew Balding out of form, Scintillo and Aim To Storm do not look good enough. Il Warrd was quite impressive at Ascot and this son of Pivotal may give the favourite most to do. A forecast is tempting but even though 7 runners... Suggest £30 each way @ around 5/1 Il Warrd (11/2 Paddy Power)

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 4:05 GOODWOOD This looks one to set the video for as they say, with so many progressive types could be form to follow. Samira Gold certainly fits the profile, should have given Yaqueen more to do last time. Got in a poor position in slowly run 10 furlong race. Finished well but that does not mean she will definately be suited by 12 furlongs. Mariotto won well last time and is bred to come into his own at a mile and a half. Surely has a better than 13% chance 13/2 (betfair) represents. Man Of Vision was finishing so strongly at Newmarket he would've been clear in another 20 yrds. I know a man who knows a man connected to the stable who says Man Of Vision is expected to win. 9/1 with Laddies! Also saved on Rafaas 9/1 Corals, progressive since gelded. And one at a massive price Rosbay who won on heavy going last time. If he can translate that form to good going (has form on firm) and continue on the upgrade is certainly not out of it at a whopping 89/1 currently available. Suggest £33 Mariotto 6.6/1 £27 Man Of Vision 9/1 £8 Rafaas 9/1 £3 Rosbay 89/1

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 2:15 GOODWOOD Backed Som Tala in Chester Cup (no luck in running), missed him at Ascot (good 3rd).Improver from in form yard who obviously stays well. The last sentence also applies to Secret Ploy better known as a staying hurdler. Suggest £35 Som Tala 11/2 (6/1 Tote) £15 Secret Ploy 13/1 5:45 GOODWOOD Diamond Diva looks far too big at around 8/1. This improving 3 year old filly won a class 3 open aged handicap last time off 9st 10lbs and gets in on bottom weight in this Classified Stakes. Majuro who has looked up against it in handicaps is worth a speculative wager at 26/1 with a saver on the fav Mutanaaseb at 100/30. Suggest £35 Diamond Diva 8/1 £8 Majuro 26/1 £14 Mutanaaseb 100/30

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2

Its a blue day. Horse: Rio de La Plata

20070801Gwo145006.png Course: Goodwood Time: 2.50

This should be a penalty kick for Frankie, LTO he hardly touched it and did everything right to win at Newmarket. We've not seen the best of this horse yet and can improve again but he wont need to to take this. Horse: Excellent Art 20070801Gwo153007.png Course: Goodwood Time: 3.30 The same can't be said about Ramonti tho who needed to be really pushed to get his nose in front LTO at Ascot over 8f which resulted in Frankie getting his ban for over use of the whip. The vote then goes to Excellent Art who is showing signs of being a class miler. Did well come come from the back after being held up to lead inside the final furlong. This horse suits the ride of Spencer and should take this especially if he gets a clear run. Horse: Samira Gold 20070801Gwo160507.png Course: Goodwood Time: 4.05 Another one that will suit Spencer's riding style, ran on well LTO and the extra trip might just suit. If she gets a good break and gets near the front she could be hard to peg back. Man of Vision ran well LTO and can make the frame also. Horse: Mutanaseb 20070707San143513.png Course: Goodwood Time: 5.45 3 year olds have won 4 times in the last 7 years and the vote goes to the Jarvis raider, he ran well LTO at Sandown having got his nose in front with 1f to go but didn't find any extra. This drop to 7f should suit and he has enough pace to to take this. Turnkey runs well for Adele and can also make the frame

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 2.05 I believe that Som Tala will reverse the Ascot form with Full House but the each way one I like is Whispering Death. It looks as though the ground will be quicker which will suit and I believe that the extra step up in distance will suit its come from behind style as often it has suggested in races like the Chester Cup and Cesarewitch which it has reasonable form that it may want further. 2.50 Rio de la Plata. Although still early it looks as though Goldophin may have a nice two year old. It built strongly on its debut LTO with a very nice win at Newmarket and that form has been boosted since and should hold every chance especially as a potential rival, Lizard Island may not appreciate the quicker ground. 3.30 Asiatic Boy. Taking a bit of a risk here with a horse who is an unknown quantity on the ground although reports suggest it will appreciate the quicker ground and at the track but its fabulous runs in Dubai although maybe not beating much suggest it could be special. Also I am not quite sure if the form of the likely favourite, Excellent Art is a good as it sounds as I believe a lot of the class performers in the St James Palace failed to perform at their best. 4.05 Two e.w are Man of Vision and at a bit more of a risk, Regal Flush. Man of Vision has solid form going back to the winter against Silkwood and LTO was a frustrating second which again shows fair form when left too much to do. Regal Flush has not produced as perhaps suggested but does have a line of form with Zaham on the first time they met when just beaten.

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 2.05: Whispering Death - Performed fairly of late and is lucky in running today due to style of running would hold every chance of bold show over trip that could be ideal. E/W 8/1 Bet365 2.50: Rio de la Plata - Won maiden convincingly and must be the one to beat with maiden form given a solid look by 2nd and 3rd winning well since. Win 8/11 SkyBet 3.30: Excellent Art - Turn of foot to win at Ascot was impressive and with could have won in France previously given a clear passage. One to beat, although Asiatic Boy could turn out to be something a little special. Win 7/4 Bet365 4.05: Spanish Hidalgo - Got a bit to find on running with Mariotto when btn over 1m2f at start July. However, that was first run of campaign and over a trip that could turn out to be shorter than ideal as next time out the selection accounted for York listed winner Wing Collar over this longer trip. E/W 16/1 (Bet365) 4.40: Lisathedaddy - Has won from 3lb higher on the all weather and run a couple of good races on turf despite not quite showing best form. 10lb pull with Gold Hush defeat at Salisbury LTO which would put the selection in with chances of reversing the form. Drop in trip is of interest and has importantly acted with credit at this track also. E/W 14/1 Ladbrokes 5.10: Crystany - Form of maiden run has been boosted by 3rd and 5th winning since and sure to play a prominent role on more suitable ground. Win 3/1 Bet365 5.40: Jedburgh - If capable of returning to 2006 form which included an irish group 3 win, would be very hard to beat so good e/w value in open affair: 14/1 Bet365

Re: Glorious Goodwood DAY 2 My selections for what they are worth are as follows 2.15 - Commeration Day, with the ground drying all the time and a distance that is easierly within it's compass this strikes me as a very solid e/w shot @ around 16's. Trainer believes he is well in on his hurdle ratings and expects a big race. (E/W NAP) 3.30 - Archepecko at around 40's this is far to big a price for a horse which if it could show some of its form from the trails would have a decent shot of being there abouts in this. Hopeful of a place 4.05 - Man of Vision, been a bit unlucky of late and after some good runs. 4lb rise in the weights but should still be competative and will hopefully be thereabouts.

I'd love to see Ramonti take it, won for me at Ascot but that was a tough race. Jeremy ticks all boxes and does have previous course form but going to Ramonti and a tricast of Ramonti, Excellent Art and Jeremy.
3.30 Goodwood
1st 5 Ramonti (FR) 9-2
2nd 7 Excellent Art 15-8 F
3rd 3 Jeremy (USA) 7-2
Tote Win £3.80 Pl £1.20, £1.30, £1.50 EX £12.10 SF £13.24 Winning Trainer Saeed bin Suroor Winning Jockey L Dettori Distances hd, 1 3/4l 8 ran
Weighed In Take a bow my friend, take a bow! :nana:nana:nana:clap:clap:nana:nana:nana Utterly brilliant!

RAMONTI..G/WOOD..3.30 has an amazing record when running over 8 furlongs' date=on good going, (111111) add in the fact most of its wins have been at san siro (in italy) a right handed track with a turn and i believe goodwood could suit it well. there are some potentially class horses here but this front runner has the master of pace on board and can see the others off. As ever, the going is important in my selections. Well done, But unfortunately it's not a tricast race, so it's all going on the F/C. :clap:clap
:clap:clap:clap Well Done.:ok