Confederations cup

Guest Green Moose

Guest Green Moose

Brasilia - Cameroon >2< halftime result 7.00 centrebet Brasilia dont have their best squad here but not bad either, thou couple missing from Cameroons as well... "Striker Patrick Mboma has opted out of Cameroon's team for the forthcoming Confederations Cup tournament in France because of 'poor management'. "I have made this personal and painful decision to sacrifice my participation in the Confederations Cup, hoping that the managers [of the Cameroon team] will change." "Our coaches don't have a free hand in the choice of players. [Coach Winfried] Schafer is very frustrated by this attitude of the officials." "Mboma's decision follows that of Arsenal midfielder Lauren Etame Mayer, who blamed their poor performance at the 2002 World Cup finals on poor planning." Glad to see that players stand behind the coach thou. Well, anyway these friendly games are full of surprices, but would Cameroon leading after first be big one ? And everybody wants to beat Brasilia and Cameroon is no poor team what I´ve seen in past. I see some value here. Should I bet on final result... BRAZIL Goalkeepers: Dida (AC Milan, Italy), Fabio (Vasco da Gama), Julio Cesar (Flamengo). Defenders: Maurinho (Cruzeiro), Belletti (Villarreal, Spain), Kleber (Corinthians), Gilberto (Gremio), Edu Dracena (Cruzeiro), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Lucio (Bayer Leverkusen, Germany), Fabio Luciano (Corinthians).. Midfielders: Eduardo Costa (Bordeaux, France), Emerson (Roma, Italy), Kleberson (Atletico Paranaense), Dudu (Vitoria), Ricardinho (Sao Paulo), Adriano de Souza (Atletico Paranaense), Alex (Cruzeiro), Ronaldinho (Paris St. Germain, France). Forwards: Adriano (Parma, Italy), Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo), Gil (Corinthians), Ilan (Atletico Paranaense). CAMEROON Goalkeepers: Andre Eboue (Beaucaire, France), Idriss Kameni (St. Etienne, France), Eric Kwekeu (Bamboutos). Defenders: Timothee Atouba (Basel, Switzerland), Perrier Ndoumbe (Auxerre, France), Lucien Mettomo (Manchester City, England), Pierre Njanka (Sedan, France), Rigobert Song (Lens, France), Bill Tchato (Kaiserslautern, Germany). Midfielders: Eric Djemba Djemba (Nantes, France), Joel Epalle (Aris Salonika, Greece), Marc-Vivien Foe (Manchester City, England), Geremi (Middlesbrough, England), Mohamadou Idrissou (Hannover 96, Germany), Valery Mezague (Montpellier, France), Modeste Mbami (Sedan, France), Salomon Olembe (Marseille, France). Strikers: Achille Emana (Toulouse, France), Samuel Eto'o (Real Mallorca, Spain), Joseph Desire Job (Middlesbrough, England), Pius Ndiefi (Sedan, France), Parfait Ngon Adjam (Canon Yaounde), Gustave Bahoken (Livingston, Scotland).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Confederations cup I'd tread carefully with this comp, especially with the European season just finishing and a lot of players still in the Spanish primera who havent yet been released. It may be just aswell seeing the first round matches through to get a rough idea of which teams are up for it. I personally wont be bothering with it, but heres a good link for anybody that is..... www.fifa.com/en/comp/even...045,a.html

Hmmm.... The stand out bet for me here is Japan to beat New Zealand. JAPAN vs New Zealand Japan must be fancied at 4/5 IMO. While their current form is poor, there last match was a 1-0 loss to Argentina - hardly a terrible result. New Zealand qualified for this tournament by winning a home tie against an Australian team that comprised of players based in Austrailia - not the regular Austrailian team. IMO that makes New Zealand clearly the poorest team in the competition. Verdict Japan @ 4/5

Guest crowie1969

Re: Hmmm.... Have to agree with FA. I saw NZ playing Scotland recently and although they ended up with a draw, that was mainly down to Scotland being cack on the night. There were players on the park for NZ who were playing Conference football and thats just a step too far away from international football IMO. Japan have Nakata, Inamoto, Takahara of Hamburg and Nakamura of Reggina while the rest of the squad is Japan based. NZ have a mixture of NZ/Aus based players together with players from various European outposts including a keeper who plays for Caversham in England?! Japan may have some problems scoring goals but I cannot see NZ being able to hold them in this game. I would have expected about 1.50 or below for Japan, 1.80 at Premierbet is a good price. I have also taken Turkey at 2.02 on Betfair to beat the USA. The USA coach has already said he is more interested in the Gold Cup competition in 2 weeks time. They are missing first and second choice keepers as well as some other first XI picks. The Turks are also missing some first choice picks but they have listed some of their decent youngsters such as Tuncay Sanli. I expect the Turks to get off to a decent start in this with 3 points against a limited US side. Finally I wouldn't put anyone off backing France to win it. I have taken the 2.3 at Betfair. The squad may be missing Zidane, Makelele and a couple of others but it is still a VERY strong squad with some of their up and coming players such as Cisse, Govou, Mexes, Kapo and Pedretti all in a squad which also has the usual back 4 and keeper plus Pires, Henry, Wiltord et al. Also I do not think they will be taking this tournament lightly due to the fact they are playing at home in it. They look a very very good bet to me considering the squads/strengths of the rest of the teams.

Japan Footie Addict, Japan didn't lose 1-0 to Argentina - they got clubbed 4-1 and that was supposedly just a friendly(it was Korea which lost 1-0 to Arg)! :p Anyway, I still fancy Japan to be too strong for NZ but 1.66(as I can find at most places) is abit short nevertheless. :rolleyes Mind, USA struggled to beat NZ 2-1 with a makeshift squad in a friendly not too long ago and the catch here is NZ are all raring to go with their first team(not that it'd matter when you consider they have strikers who are attending Stanford University :lol ). Japan, on the other hand, are very much an experimental side as Zico is still trying to find the best team for the upcoming Asian games and subsequently, qualifications for the 2006 WC. ;)

Guest Justin O

New Zealand Well, it's a bit of a stretch to say that the US "struggled" in their 2-1 win against New Zealand. Nonetheless, I wouldn't take Japan at that price. New Zealand's "sum" is greater than their "parts" and they could certainly get a point from Japan here. They aren't that far removed from the level of Australia, who they beat out to get to this tournament. If they have to go to the bench and play the guy from Stanford, however, they probably are in trouble though.

Re: New Zealand France-Colombia: UNDER 2.5 goals French Captain, Dessaily, claims that his team has come over the early disqualification in the last World Cup and that they are ready to win the Confederations Cup at home. France is the Cup holder, after winning the title in Japan 2 years ago. However due to injuries or commitments of some players with their clubs, France will miss Zidane, Vieira, Makelele and Trezeguet! Coach Santini pointed out that he will concentrate more on the result rather than playing attractive football! I will bet on UNDER in France´s first match in the tournament.

Guest pietro

Japan at 2.0 You can still get 2.0 for Japan on Ladbrokes coupons. I've just been in and they don't have any price change notices. Looks like a decent price since average odds on Betbrain are 1.71.

Guest OddsAgainst

Re: Japan at 2.0 I would say that is a decent price, the spread firms make them a 1.9 chance, 5% edge there if the spreads are correct.

Guest stebed

brazil v cameroon 1.72 for over 2.5 gls looks like a fair shout to me. Not much science behind this theory, but Adriano (parma) has had an excellent season in italy and has been scoring for fun all season, Ronaldinho is obviously in the shop window and will be wanting to put on a show for prospective buyers. Add to this that both teams can be weak at the back and the africans arent short going forward and i can see bags of goals in this one.

Guest MC Roller

Re: France 1 Columbia 0 I thought France were lucky winners in the end. Columbia surprised me tonight with their positive play and gave France real grief after the break. Lizarazu (Sp?) given an absolute roasting in the second half, how Columbia never scored is beyond me. Columbia look an absolute certainty in their next game aginst the kiwis, although many will be thinking along the same lines so the price might be a bit skinny.

Re: France 1 Columbia 0 MC Roller -- Colombia have just made it six matches in a row with one big fat zero in the column of scored goals. To be fair, was it not for the dubious penalty, the match would almost sure produce a 0-0 result. Not even sure France got a shot on goal in the second. Colombia were positive, that right, but only in the second half. The price I expect in their next match will probably be on the skinny side, we'll see. As long as they get at least a goal, they'll win.

Guest crowie1969

Re: France 1 Columbia 0 Going on the highlights I saw of Japan-NZ then there shouldn't be any problem in Colombia scoring!

Guest peter orchard

Brazil, Turkey Have to disagree, stebed. If there's one side you'd naturally lean towards it would have to be the under in the Brazil-Cameroon game. The Brazilians are nortorious for underacheiving when it doesn't matter and I fancy Cameroon at least with the +1 AH. The USA love to please and tonight they have a half decent side out against a young inexperienced Turkish side. I cut and pasted this from a Norwegian site so don't shoot me, I'm only the whatsit: "Turkey without "Sas, Manziz, Sukur, Emre, Okan, Tugay, Unsal, Nihat" Türkiye: Rüþtü(A), F. Sonkaya( u21), Bülent(A), Alpay(A), Gökdeniz(ny), Volkan(ny), Yýldýray(A), Ergün(A), Ã. Ãœzülmez(ny), Tuncay( u21), Okan Yýlmaz(ny) USA: Joe Cannon, Hejduk, Berhalter, Vanner, Bocanegra, Eddie Lewis, Stewart, Armas, Beasley, Donovan, Mathis" I won't be wagering on this competition so my picks are probably of absolutely nil value but I go with Brazil under 2.5 @ 1.95 and USA +.25 AH @ 1.95 :hat

Guest stebed

peter Looks like a good shout with the USA game 1-1 so far. However ive gone against you in the Brazil game: over for me at 1.8 at b365. Medium single for me.:D

Guest peter orchard

Stebed Turkey 2-1 Usa Just when you thought you knew everything, god jumps in and tells you you know fukc all! Good luck with the over play. No financial interest from my side so I'll be rootin' for ya.

Guest peter orchard

Re: 0-0 HT Forgive me if this seems harsh but I've cut and pasted from an American site. All my own words: Seems to me you guys have miscalculated this tin pot cup the books will have us believe to be an important part of both the football season, and indeed our lives. Don't even start to dream that the Brazilian team in this French based competition is the one that has seduced you in days gone by. It isn't and it won't be. It will be a Brazilian team made up largely of blokes who, having finished their own domestic season, will be happy to pull on the famous green and gold shirt because they're proud to do so but when it really matters they won't be within a hundred miles of selection. Look for the outsider to win this and when looking for a real goalfest then don't look here. You'll be awfully disappointed.:hat

Re: 0-0 HT A bit too harsh and based on one game, it looks (I mean especially re goals). In fact, the Brazil game has been the only one so far which even didn't look like a goalfest. Two matches went over and how the France v Col game finished under is beyond me. Brazilians are shades of their former selves, that's right, but if you watched the game you have to admit it was extremely difficult to break the defence which was formed in two zone rows and very well organised. The thing is the Brazilians probably didn't expect it. But then, Cameroon did their best to do the scoring all by themselves (even in injury time) and were a bit unlucky.

Colombia - NZ Does anyone fancy Colombia -1.5 on the Asian Handicap? I find fixed odds for Colombia a tad too short and the fact that they haven't scored in 7 games a stat that may hamper their chance of beating the handicap. Then again, it's NZ we're talking about here - a team the Japanese cruised to a 3-0 win easily. If anyone's been following the performances of Colombia at this tournament, do share your views on this match. :p

Guest andybud

Colombia vs. New Zealand ... I am looking at taking Colombia for teh straight win at 1.36 with Bet365. Watched teh France - Colombia game and was very impressed with Colombia. Their attacking in the 2nd half was good and down the right wing they had a player with similar pace to Didier Agathe! He skinned Lizarazu every time and how Colombia didnt net I dont know. Down to the woodwork and good goalkeeping I suppose! I feel that if they play the same way against New Zealand then surely they will win. They have a very solid defence (only lost a few goals in their last 6/7 games) and despite their very poor scoring record, surely they will break their duck today. I didnt see the Japan - New Zealand game but saw the goals. One was a cracking 35 yarder and the other two where soft goals. A free header being one fo them from 19 yards to a small Japanese forward :lol Did anyone else see the whole Jpan - New Zealand game? Where they well beaten or were they unlucky at all? Must say that I strongly fancy the South Americans here - maybe 1-0, 2-0

Guest peter orchard

Re: 0-0 HT

A bit too harsh and based on one game
Maybe but I think the Brazilians have a record of underachieving in these competitions which I'd group under the term "friendlies". I know they scored 4 (?) a couple of weeks ago but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule for these hastily assembled Brazilian sides. I also read an unsupported claim that the Brazilian trainer has asked the Brazilian Football Federation for "exemption from the sack" during this tournament. :x I take such statements always with a pinch of salt but after last night's game it might have been a wise move on his part!:D

Guest zm304

andybud: small Japanese forward!! hahaa :rollin andybud, I saw the whole Jpan - New Zealand game on TV live, to tell you truth, I didn't impress the style Japanese played. It was harsh to say Japanese were undeserved to win, but the very very poor New Zealand's show is definitely mainly of the reason. Yes, it is no doubt Japanese players are smaller on the pitch than their opponents, their defender are usually more than 1.75 metres, even our poor Chinese national team's are on the average of 1.80 metres, let alone the goalkeeper. However we often feel struggled and hardly to beat Japanese when we play in the match, why??? :eek The answer I think is that we haven't made the best use of our body-strong advantage when China and Japanese meet each other and the game alwalys go Japanese's way which they are good at. Smaller as they are, Japanese players know how to control the game they want, since the air ball is their disadvantage, they alwayls try to control the ball on their feet. But, once you play the ball over their head, Japanese defender players are in a mass and their goal is in danger. As you can see this had happened in the Jpan - New Zealand game, as long as New Zealand played the long ball across to Japanese's goal mouth, New Zealand's forward seldom can't attached it.(no offense to Japanese )

Colombia - NZ Hmm..after much deliberation, still think I fancy Colombia to beat the 1.5 Asian Handicap. With such a poor squad (www.fifa.com/en/comp/even...l,a.html), God knows how they could make any impact at this tournament. :p Mike Wilson's his name - the NZ forward who attends Stanford University. How on earth could such a team compete at any level? :x

Guest peter orchard

Re: Colombia - NZ Indeed. It's difficult to see how a team ranked 83rd and just behind Haiti could compete on the same field as the Colombians, ranked 5th in the world. However, this is a tinpotcup only second to the intertototinpotcup in its pointlessness. Imagine the French superstars from Arsenal, for example, who play throughout the summer and then complain two months into the domestic season that they're "fatigued"? I don't for one moment believe that the French, (for example) treat this as anything other than an extended holiday and I imagine most (aside perhaps from the Africans) do.:hat