Wednesday night Euro games.

tempting, but 4/5 for Greece is rubbish value. Fair to say the Spanish minds were elsewhere on Saturday what with their domestic commitments. Ukraine also beat Greece in the return leg back in October. Ukraine have struggled to beat weaker opposition so far, but I'd go for a DRAW if anything (think I'll leave it altogether)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kojic2003

Re: Wednesday night Euro games. With so poor odds for many games I can make only combo: ----------------------------------------- Serbia/[email protected] Czech [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] ----------------------------------------- 1.40*1.10*1.15*1.20 = 2.12 :p ----------------------------------------- For other games I'm not sure.After 0:0 in first match against Estonia at home,Croatia@1.85 is in good run and will be motivated to beat Estonians.They are much better team and I believe in away win.Italy@1.90 will not lose against Finland.Covering away win with DRAW@3.20 looks like a safe bet.I see good price on Lithuania@2.25 against Iceland.Price for Romania win@4.75 is little big and I think they can make good result here.

Steve66's post

midweek games -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Had a look at this weeks Euro matches. Whilst quite a few games are very short odds there is some value out there. I fancy Norway to beat Romania at 10/11. Austria to beat Belarus is also a good bet at 8/15. There's also Sweden to get past Poland and Italy to see off Finland. England should win easy enough so I'll put them in with Norway and Austria for a treble.
Don't worry Steve we'll keep you right ;) I'll go along with the Sweden/Italy picks. How would that work in them double/doubles some of you guys favour? (1,x and 2, x) I find Austria a poor side. Beat Scotland mind. We don't play in friendlies though just so the players can get better odds against better teams.

Re: Steve66's post No, I'm not playing Finland because I'm from there, but I'm looking on value which is on finn's odds. 1X/+0.5(or different asian) is my bet on this one, no team in Europe, I mean no team is over 50% favorite against finn's in their homefield. Finland is the biggest underachiever in my opinion if we look on the line-up..it is time for them to show their true potential(at least I trust so :rollin ) Besides, they didn't have to play with full intensity in match against S&M, especially last 30 minutes were soooo boring. Could be a good thing, or bad thing, who knows. ps. Mika Väyrynen played brilliant, one of the biggest factors in S&M win ;) :lol

Guest kojic2003

Re: Steve66's post 1X on Finland?If you want to try with Finland,better choice is DRAW.I think this is their maximum.I can't see Italy lose here.I watched game Finland-Serbia&Montenegro and result doesn't show real situation.Serbia&Montenegro got red card very early,even I still think that situation was only for yellow card.You'll say now that score was 1:0 in that moment.That's truth,but as I(and you) saw Finland had scored first goal after S&M made mistake in defense.Three players from S&M just watched and they didn't even tryed to stop this shot.These mistakes Finland can't expect against strong Italy's defense and they can't expect too much space in attack.And have I give comment about second goal in last seconds of first half? ;) In second half Forssell scored excelent goal and that was the end.Finland deserved that win,but this score don't show true situation or some difference in class.Match against Italy will be different story and maybe Finland have the wrong view of this match after 3:0 against S&M.Probably you don't know situation and atmosphere in S&M(especialy why Kezman isn't in the squad).Our players have'nt big concentration and many times they haven't even motivation in last 4-5 years.I'm saying this because you can't have Finland's posibility from this match.Also I didn't saw some hot atmosphere on the stadium.Maybe Finland can win.Who knows?But somehow Italy always score one goal more than their rivals.Good luck if you take Finland.

Guest qlpol

Estland-Croatia what about Estland at home against Croatia?? Belgium won only 0-1 overthere while Bulgaria was held to a draw 0-0... Now i saw both games and those Estonians can play some decent football if they want... Maybe an extra factor to add is the fact that if Estland can draw or win they have a fairly nice chance to qualify, although i believe that in the end it's gonna be Bulgaria and Croatia or Belgium. Anyways, Croatia cannot afford to lose there and will play under some pressure because they still have difficult games ahead away in Brussels and at home against Bulgaria I think Estland here is possible value with a home win priced around 5 and a draw around 3.5 Any opinions about the game???

Guest system13

Re: Estland-Croatia Belgium win 0-1 in the end appeared as a gift by Estonian goalkeeper Mark Poom making a huge mistake but Belgium should have won that anyway with several goals and deserved the win,same as unlucky Bulgaria that was held to a draw despite all the chances they had,but Poom didn`t give them away anything that time. Like Bulgaria and Belgium,Croatia is a class above Estonia,but they should be careful and very patient because Estonia sure knows how to defend,in fact defense is the best part of their,in general,very average team. I saw the first game between these two teams when Croatia only drew 0-0 at home with Estonia,when in fact it should have won with 5-0.To be honest,Estonia could have taken all three points in injury time from the only counter attack in the whole game,but failed to do so. From that game Croatia has improved a lot, recently they`re on a winning streak,after smashing Belgium 4-0 at home (although the result is maybe too high,Belgium reserve goalkeeper was a disaster on that game and may be held responsible for at least 2 goals) and doing a job with Andorra 2-0,they beat Sweden in Stockholm 2-1,and while one might argue that was only a friendly,I saw a strong Croatian team,especially in the second half when the play was brilliant. So,I see a clear away win for Croatia in Tallinn,maybe draw has some value because of Estonian style of play,with 9 or 10 men behind the ball,but I doubt Croatia will blew it,especially after Bulgaria and Belgium drew in Sofia,that was the result the Croatians were looking forward. And nobody here is considering Estonia as a serious candidate for qualifying,as a matter of fact in all the calculations the away game in Belgium is stressed as a key game for both teams. :smokin

Guest smudge

Re: Estland-Croatia Estland :) [Estonia] Italy will beat Finland. The game against S&M went all Finland's way and it showed in their confidence as a team - that will not happen against the Italians [who have some way to catch up Wales] and we all know what happens to the Finns when they are not allowed to play their football - they will make mistakes and let Italy control them! Finland has some great players from around Europe BUT Italy are just in a different class if you ask me! I'll reckon on Italy win by 2 or more goals!

Guest MattyNeth

Italy and Sweden Certainly can't go against Italy and Sweden, who both must win. I'm going for those two with Turkey and Germany in an acca. Turkey need to win to keep top of the group going into the Autumn, and Germany will win against the Faroes away.

My thoughts It seems to be, though it might be stating the obvious that the key here is to pick out those short priced matches that will potentially bust us. Here's my opinions on the matches fancied by most; (1/4) Republic of Ireland vs Georgia Ireland should win this match, though Damien Duff is a doubt. Ireland were not overly impressive against Albania, though it is clear to all football followers that Albania are a much better side than Georgia, who played Ireland off the pitech in Tirana, slaughtered Russia and drew vs group leaders Switzerland. Ireland were definitely the better team away in Georgia, and at home should pose no difficulties to Ireland. We were the better team vs Albania on Saturday, and I personally would find it hard to see Georgia scoring. Also consider that Georgia have a poor away record in qualifying. Also, it is value to consider that 1/4 was offered for us to beat Albania too, same price for a far higher probability IMO. Verdict Republic of Ireland 2 - 0 Georgia (1/2) Austria vs Belarus This looks like a candidate for coupon buster IMO. Had my suspicions when they went to Moldova and I was right. Austria have been beaten by Moldova and slaughtered by an underperformaing Holland at home. Austria look very suspect and 4/9 and 1/2 etc is shockingly bad value. AVOID, or samll wager on a draw. Verdict Austria 1 - 1 Belarus (maybe 2-1 Austria) Faroe Islands vs Germany (1/8) Hmm..... this is a little worrying I must admit, as the narrowly won 2-1 in Germany, and the Faroes hit the crossbar in the last couple of minutes. No Thanks, I'd want 1/3 or 4/11 by my reckoning, not suprisd at the prices offered though. Beware, and certaintly don't take Germany on a handicap. Verdict Faroe Islands 0 - 1 Germany (or similar one goal wins) Northern Ireland vs Spain (1/5) Undetered by loosing a chunk of this years profits backing them against Greece, I'll definitely be taking Spain to win again here. This to me is worthy of a 1/33 shot no problem. Northern Ireland are absolutely terrible, and hardly got out of there half in the reverse qualifying fixture, which they lost 3-0. Something similiar here, especially after Spain were dragged back to within a point of Ukraine and Greece. If Spaion score they'll win - so Spain will win. 880 minutes without a goal for Northern Ireland now :lol LUMP ON Verdict Northern Ireland 0 - 3 Spain Azerbaijan vs Serbia & Montenegro (1/3) Yep - a fair price here, the Azeris are a very poor side, while Serbia have some very good players, especially up front. Looking for goals in this one, more of them in Azerbaijans net though. Not the biggest cert ever, but 1/3 is better than a lot of other "certs". Verdict Azerbaijan 1 - 3 Serbia & Montenegro Estonia vs Croatia (4/6) This could be a tricky one, though Croatia have really impressed me of late. Estonia are decent defensively, and the question posed is wehether they are likely to score. Croatia should win but not by a load of goals, Ireland, Holland and Portugal all brushed aside Estonia with ease last qualifying campaign, and I think that though a decent side they will be caught out by Croatia who are an improved side since when they first met. Verdict; Estonia 0 - 2 Croatia Hope these help. Finally; This match may be quite tight, but England are generally quite effecient at closing out home games vs inferior opposition (ok I know Macedonia game was an exception). England simply can't afford to loose this match. Don't think you will gat many goals though. Verdict England 2 - 0 Slovakia A score perm of England 1-0, 2-0 and 2-1 is sure to return as profit IMO. Hope my opinions help. :)

Guest johnny

ireland v georgia i agree that the republic should beat georgia, but i have decided no to include them on my coupon. for georgia it is not impossible for them to get something out of this game. they defeat russia 1-0 recently. ok, we (russia) are as poor as p!ss at the moment, and our results are always open to investigation, but it is enough to make me wary of betting against georgia. Thereagain...... i have just seen the BBC website which says that georgia will be missing several key players due to injury and suspension. on the whole.... hope that republic beat them, but still not confident enough to place my money on them.

Guest Da Hannanah

... Am I the only one who thinks the 8/1 on offer for Azerbadjan at home v. sorry Serbia looks value? Serbia are in anything but their strongest line up (Kezman, for one, not in the squad, Mihajlovic got red carded v. the finns), Azebadjan would surely like to finish this group with at leats 1 win and they did manage a draw away in Serbia. There is also a lot of turmoil in the Serbia camp (as always...), and surely they have given all but up on qualifying after the 0-3 in Helsinki.

Guest Loksiu

Re: ... 1 simple 4x1 combo made yesterday. [email protected] (today's game) [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] =1.95 Just want to play safe for today. Germany played an awful game last time, I assume they will play better for this one. So is Spain. As I am an England Supporter, I brought England. I was thinking about the Asian Handicape, however, the spread is just too much for them. -1.5/-2 won't work for England when they play against some crappy team. Good luck, ppl~ :rollin

Re: ... N Ireland Vs Spain (2) 2/9 :eek Gonna raid my bank account on this one. Cant see spain getting anything other than another victory here, they dominated against the greeks but just couldnt score a goal. Gonna try and get some team news to make myself even more confident. Any reasons why they wont win? :hat

Re: ... i would say that the best bet of the night has to be Lithuania to beat Iceland (6/5 available bet365; probably get better elsewhere). Lithuania are within a point of the top, and with Scotland not playing will see this as a chance to move into 2nd at least. They have won two from three home games so far, beating Scotland 1-0 and the Faroes 2-0 (only defeat 0-2 v Germany). Also they acquired a very good point away in Germany drawing 1-1. Lost the fixture in Iceland 3-0, but were down to 10 men very early on - think it was about 20 mins or so. Take away that fixture from the equation and you have a side that does not concede very many goals. Only doubt however is the fact that they are hardly prolific scorers themselves - scoring 4 times in 5 games. Should be a close one but i would predict 1-0; putting my neck on the line but i strongly fancy them to keep a clean sheet.

Guest heniek31

Re: ... Lithuania - Iceland 2 "Lithuania have problems with their squad, as Poskus and Skerla are injured, and Glevechs, Fomento and Cesnauskas are all suspended. Zutautas and Skarbalius will return however. Those absent players have all featured from the start, but not in every match. Iceland use the English contingent - Chelsea ace E Gudjohnsen, Gudni Bergsson, Hreidarsson and Kristinsson. Iceland defeated Lithuania, 3-0, in their previous meeting". That is what I found on one of tipping sites. Good luck.....

Guest Green Moose

Greetings About Finland - Italy, its looking DRAW...Trapattonis boring tactics and Finland will put all they got in this game...but my bet is double... Finland - Italy under2,5 1.70 Greece - Ukraine >1< 1.95 (Centrebet) ------- 3.315 ------- Ukraine leaking defence. Greece is on the roll now. :rollin Rehhagel praise That Greece are in the position they are is, Giannakopoulos said, is down to Rehhagel, the German coach who "has put a great effort into understanding the Greek mentality". "He has excellent qualities as a professional and as a person. There is no magic - he just works hard and conveys his calmness to the players. We played as we had planned to against Spain, very disciplined and very strong defensively, and we wore them down." (uefa.com) One thing what made me not bet on Greecks in the past was their HotInTheHead-attitude :lol , but now maybe things are different. They were always relatively strong hometeam.

Re: Re: :rollin I can understand that taking the "big" name feels secure, but I can see when I'm browsing the boards that people think that there is Veikkausliiga-players playing in starting line-up, etc..so I thought that I would say that finland isn't so bad what everyone thinks. I've already played +0.5 Fin so you can't change my mind :lol ;) And here's the most probable line-up(and team names :rollin ): gk jaaskelainen - bolton d saarinen - 1860 munich d hyypia - liverpool d tihinen - anderlecht d pasanen - ajax mf kolkka - borussia monchengladbach mf vayrynen - heerenveen mf valakari - derby mf nurmela - heerenveen f forssell - chelsea f litmanen - ajax

Guest Green Moose

About Azers... ...yes, I bet them too @8.00 & [email protected]. Serbs are hotheaded & Wales and Italy running away from them at standings...minimum stakes thou ! I think there is still like 7 minutes time to bet on that :p :smokin

Guest crowie1969

Re: Andorra

Am I the only one who thinks the 8/1 on offer for Azerbadjan at home v. sorry Serbia looks value?
Nice one Da Han (and others) - hope you were on at a big price:)

Guest Da Hannanah

Re: Wednesday night Euro games. 9,6 at Betfair at a nice, juicy medium stake + in a few combos tonight ;) A close shave, but a banker all the way :lol

Guest FootballFanatic

Re: Wednesday night Euro games. I have £4 on engerland to win 2-0 (last amount of money in betfair account) and also £4 on owen 1st goalscorer and £3.85 on rooney 1st goalscorer (all my money from blue sq account) Good luck i will need it happy.gif

Re: Wednesday night Euro games. Im on a hundred units for Spain to beat N.Ireland, by 3 or more at 1.95. If they win by 2 then I have 50 multiplied by that price, and the other 50 is returned minus 5%. I have never bet like this before, but hopefully it will be foolproof tonight. I will be sweating watching this one though.