Turkey v England

Guest highlander

Guest ksportz

Re: Turkey I'd just like to ask a question of all the people who agree that Rio F. should have been banned for this game (before his hearing!). Do you think he should now get a 2 year ban from the sport and if not 2 years, how long is a suitable punishment. Mike

NO BET! To all the posters implying Ferdinand's involvement in drug-taking, I would point out that your words are your responsibility, and that recent cases show internet discussion boards are not beyond the reach of lawyers. As for the game, I'd want 4/1 to take an England win, which I won't get. I don't fancy the draw, as Turkey will surely be all out to win this game. Unwritten gambling law says that I don't bet against my team, so no Turkey win either. No bet for me on this game.

Re: Turkey Ksportz. He should be banned IMO. He has to be for the integrity of dope testing. Otherwise forget dope testing at all. Serious drugs stay in the system for a LONG time so the fact that he took the test 32 hours later and PASSED should dramatically reduce the time period of the ban though, as the likelyhood is that in all but protocol he is innocent.

Guest Honestayrman

Re: NO BET! To all the posters implying Ferdinand's involvement in drug-taking, I would point out that your words are your responsibility, and that recent cases show internet discussion boards are not beyond the reach of lawyers. Only facts have been stated by posters Ferdinand failed to provide sample fact

Re: NO BET! Spot on Honestayrman. Rio may or may not have taken drugs, but if he gets off scot free with this, be sure the ones who are taking drugs - and there will be lots of recreational drug users in Football - will have a cast iron excuse to delay the test long enough to disguise any substances. The type of Drugs footballers are liable to get nicked for (Saturday night drugs as opposed to performance enhancing drugs) can all be disguised by consuming other substances which are readily available to buy on the net. As for the game - Turkey should be too strong with a stadium full of home fans, but it is certainly not a betting proposition. The England players may feel they have a point to prove after all the bad press. One to watch only IMO !

Guest highlander

erickson to resign if england qualify agaist turkey (draw or win match) then eriskson is to resign to take charge of chelsea. if england lose, then he will stay on until after the play-off in Nov. official announcemnt to be made on Sat.

Guest budgetbetting co uk

Turkey v England Here we go again lets all write england off ! . Lets not forget that we beat the turks 2-0 at home plus england have never conceded a goal against the turks . I seem to remember england being written off in a must win wc qualifier against the germans ! . The same team that had only lost one wc qualifier at home in their history . FINAL SCORE - Germany 1 - 5 England and before that as alexmac pointed out that great night in rome . Ok we have not been impressed by englands more recent showings against what can only be called 3rd rate opposition ( turkey excluded ) but we always come good when we need to as we did against GREECE . ENGLAND GET AUTO QUALIFICATION . paul. www.budgetbetting.co.uk

Re: Turkey v England

but we always come good when we need to as we did against GREECE .
Sorry to wake you up from your dream but we drew 1-1 against Greece at home with a last min goal- hardly amazing stuff. If I was to have a bet I would go 1X but I will probably stay away.

Guest wosboy2

Re: ! short memories indeed... ..only have to win home last game against team they already beat away.. odds 1-6 on should have been cake walk....what happens down 1-0 losing 2-1 till almost last minute..absolute shocker almost any other international manager would be sacked.........good team get real/////

Re: ! :o :o :o :o :o Oops :o :o :o :o :o My point was that that result is not something to boast about- I seem to have tried to forget it by the looks of it :D

Re: We're on our way.. Guys - what a night! The only reason why this post is reasonably lucid is because I have read it ten times. I am pissed as a cnut. England, England, England. Fcuk Sukur - you dirty diving twat. Fcuk their goalie - you dirty (should have been sent off) cnut. You were going to do what against us? You were going to win by how many? Sorry, how crap is our first team? WE'RE THROUGH - YOU ARE NOT!!!!!! Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, Who are ya, GOD I AM PISSED AND HAPPY. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Sorry Mods.

Guest BarrowMike

Well done lads What a terrific performance from England - reminded us that we are indeed one of the top teams in Europe. No Owen or Ferdinand, but I hardly noticed to be honest. We'll be even stronger with those two back, and a good run in the finals is surely not out of the question. Especially when you consider what a marvellous side Turkey are. I mean, we hardly got out of our own half during the 90 mins.:lol :lol :lol Wave after wave of attacks from the Turks (on the pitch, I mean:b ), their relentless pressure deserved more. :b Seriously, though, I was genuinely under the impression that Turkey were a very strong side. They had no injury problems, and a perfect build-up according to their players, so they have no excuses. They were poor to be fair. All the fans in the stadium were theirs, but the atmosphere didn't seem that bad. I've seen worse in the Unibond! England should have won this game by at least a goal or two, so have to be given credit. I'm an optimist, but didn't expect it to be that easy for England. Shame I can't say the same about Barrow - shite performance, losing 2-1.:o Our fans deserved better - we had more there than Ashton did for God's sake.:smokin Giving them 2 penalties at 1-1 wasn't such a good idea in hindsight.:rolleyes

Re: Well done lads Sorry about my rant last night fellahs - I was smashed :o :o Thought I would just post here on Eriksons commentsa after the game. He seems to be quite clear that he is staying until next summer as long as the FA want him. He even said it was annoying to have to keep repeating himself on this point! You know I have been thinking as well. Granted we have played some very average teams lately but only 1 LOSS in all competative matches under Erikson??? And that was to Brazil in the quarter finals of the World Cup, in the mid day heat that suited them. And Brazil went on to win it. Not bad eh?

. Turkey are a good team but they have a lot to learn in psychology. All you heard for a week solid was one turkish player after another saying we WILL win, we WILL make history! All that does is pile pressure on yourself, as a snooker player for 10 years at quite a high level I soon found out that reverse psychology is all you should be using, it transfers pressure to your opponents and takes some weight off your shoulders. Turkey talent wise are very good, Turkey temperament and mentality wise are poor and this is their biggest downfall. Alpay should ask for a transfer now because he will get slaughtered by Premiership fans and rightly so, an absolute disgrace. >: Well done England, pretty much a replica of Rome 1997, outplayed and out-thought the opposition. :) Well done Scotland although it will be tough for you now.:\ Well done Wales, but again it will be tough. :\ Hard Luck Ireland, but you'll be back I'm sure. ;)

Guest cjamars

Re: Well done lads Good performance by England last night IMHO albeit against a very disappoitning Turkish side. Sukur seems to be picked on teh basis of past achivements and they'd do well to get rid of him. Alpay and Tugay had shockers and seemed intent on single handedly giving the game to England. Thought Terry performed admirably in place of to my mind an overrated Ferdinand but James's distribution was woeful and for every great stop he makes the feeling he will drop a clanger 5 minutes later persists. Well done England and good to see GETTINLOTS confirming all thestereotypes of England being gracious in victory :lol