Re: Norway Cup 25/7 In Norway teams rate the cup much higher than other leagues throughout Europe. That being said the norwegian footy has been critically unstable so far, will point out it being much worse than the infamous swedish one. Me being a native one have chosen to leave it totally alone for a while because of everything can happen at all time. In the Adecco league you can find some more stability if you choose betting on the favourites, but the odds are much to low for my sake. In other words the cup will be close to the league when looking at teams and which players they will use on the pitch. A lot of overs are the best chance of earning some dough, but other bets I would be careful of. If bets will be placed, small stakes are advisable...

Re: Norway Cup 25/7

Wednesday 25 July 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Lillestrøm v Aalesund (17:00 BST)1.564.507.20101%
Lyn Olso v Bodø Glimt (17:00 BST)1.714.005.80101%
Lyn v Bodø Glimt (17:00 BST)1.673.905.60104%
Rosenborg v Odd Grenland (17:00 BST)1.465.208.00101%
Start Krd v Honefoss (17:00 BST)1.504.106.25108%
Start v Haugesund (17:00 BST)1.544.707.00101%
Strömsgodset v Notodden (17:00 BST)1.395.509.20101%
Viking v Brann (19:00 BST)2.363.653.10103%
Thursday 26 July 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="middle">sp.gifBPP
Nybergsund v VÃ¥lerenga (17:00 BST)8.505.501.41101%
Wednesday 8 August 2007
Stabæk v Tromsø (17:00 BST)1.753.504.50108%

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Viking-Brann

I know I have been negative towards norwegian football betting-wise and still are though, but tonight I see a possibility for a good bet when the cup is played.

Viking lost 4-2 to Rosenborg last round. They met a team which traditionally are the best when autumn comes. It is then Rosenborg show what kind of team they are and usually wins a lot of matches. The home team tonight have been rejuvenated the last month playing very good and entertaining football. With 4-2-0 at home and 7-0-3 the last ten matches they have made a leap racing against the top of the table. Their three losses has been away against the best home teams in the league, Lillestrøm, Stabæk and now Rosenborg. A month ago they beat Brann 3-1 at home, even missing a penalty.

Teamwise they have Maurice Ross out (RB) with an injury, Matthias Asper (G) and Øyvind Svenning (RB) have left the club. New signings Vidar Nisja will not be ready for this one and former national team captain Thomas Myhre (G) might get his first start coming from Charlton this summer. I see him as a major boost defensively being quick to react and lead the defense in positioning.

Brann are coming from a 3-0 win against Stabæk at home, but the result does not reflect the match picture. For once the strikers in Stabæk being ineffective missing many big chances and Brann being the opposite. In the league Brann has 3-0-3 playing away so far. Their last win came the 28th of may against weak side Odd Grenland. After that they lost 6-0! to Lyn and mentioned 3-1 to Viking. I have seen them play on tv and they have not convinced me at all. Last weekend they had a ver effective Thorstein Helstad netting all three goals, without him they would probably only got one lone goal. Looking at the players, they have just sold Bengt Sæternes to OB, Helge Haugen has gone to Tromsø and now midfielder Ardian Gashi are reported to sign for Fredrikstad. There is also many speculations in winger Eirik Huseklepps will leave for Stabæk. Midfielder Eirik Bakke is injured as usual. Otherwise they have a full squad to pick from and prepare for the cup clash.

Brann has many matches to think of. Next week (2nd of august) they will play the 2nd leg against Camarthen in the UEFA qualification. And going in to play two important away matches the next week against Strømsgodset and Vålerenga. I have stated in a former post that the cup is highly rated in Norway and when reading Uwe Röslers comments about Vikings game plan he wants to win it. Brann has big cup traditions reaching the final two times the last ten years. Still I suspect coach Mjelde will win the league more. Also knowing that there have been some talks in the papers about players are loosing the belief in their coach and many opinions are said.

I take Viking tonight, based on form, players and motivation. I believe they have more than a fair chance going through to the finals.

• Pick: Viking

• Odds: 2.32

• Stake 4/10

• Bookie: Betsson

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Norway Cup Soccer - Viking/Brann - total Over 3 (+106) for the regulation time held on Jul 25 at 1:00pm [pending] Viking at home have played four straight overs, six straight overall with no clean sheets on either wide of the ledger. Brann is coming off a 8-0 win at Carmarthen in the UEFA Cup, and in league play four out of the five have gone over, and six straight overall. The line is actually the best of all the Cup games, which surprises me. I think it certainly has a good chance to get to 3.

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Just some thoughts: The difference between Brann and Rosenborgs playing style are quite big. Rosenborg using a 4-3-3 formation where wingers often make runs behind the defence and wingbacks coming forward. When that happens the whole midfield will push forward and create a pressure. Brann looks for through balls behind the defence, often seeking a running Helstad. I think that Viking which are more like Brann in tactics will know much better to defend themselves when facing Brann tonight. They had severe problems on the sides when loosing 4-2 against Rosenborg. Vaagan Moen and Huseklepp who I guess will be wingers in the 4-4-2 formation in Brann do not take those runs as Braathen and Konan did in Rosenborg. The problem for Viking tonight will be to hold off an in-form Helstad. If they manage that I can`t see Brann getting many goals. Not to put your bet in question, allthethings, but I think we will get a different match picture tonight than last match they played. Brann will probably pair up Helstad with Robbie Winters, a slick striker who can do much with the ball if he get room, but he is to weak comparing to Sæternes which could keep up one centre-back alone using his skills.

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Teams tonight: Viking (4-4-2): Austbø - Ross, Steenslid, Soma, Pereira - Stokholm, Samuelsen, Gaarde, Berg - Ødegaard, Ijeh. Bench: Myhre, Abelsson, Danielsen, Tengesdal, Pimpong, Sigurdsson, Bjarnason Brann (4-5-1): Opdal - Dahl, Bjarnason, Sigurdsson, Hanstveit - Huseklepp, Jaiteh, Andresen, Solli, Vaagan Moen - Helstad. Bench: Thorbjørnsen, Guntveit, Sjøhage, Walde, Björnsson, Winters. Looks like Brann have chosen a different formation than expected. A much more defensive one for sure.

:unsureWhat is going on with Valerenga ' date='odds are droping on home side ??:unsure[/quote'] Really strange, but it seems to me that Volerenga is going to play with the 2nd squad. Because they have to play in their division for survival, IMHO. Sorry for my English.

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Vålerenga will miss four players which started on monday. Captain and midfielder Christian Grindheim, centre-back Ronny Johnsen, left-back Allan Jepsen and winger Alexander Mathisen are all out. Young winger Kristian Brix did not play against Tromsø, and will not be fit today either. They have back-up players who easily could replace them. An example is former Rubin Kazan player Jørgen Jalland, entering the pitch on monday when Grindheim got hurt, which scored both goals securing the 2-2 draw. Also newly signed centre-back Dan Thomassen (from FCK) played his 1st match monday. Naturally it takes time to get used to the partners in the defence and how their tactics are. A little picture of Nybergsund. They club name are actually Nybergsund/Trysil, two teams which they have merged. In Nybergsund there are 329 inhabitants, Trysil have around 7000. Vålerenga do probably have the biggest supporterclub in Norway besides Brann. And if I am correct they will travel to Nybergsund and be there for their team. Do remember the difference in quality in these teams. Nybergsund being an amateur team with big ambitions playing in the 2nd division, two leagues below Vålerenga. This would be an excellent oppourtunity for Vålerenga to get some confidence towards the rest of the season. The press in Norway focuses heavily on the poor strikers in the team. Yes, I do agree they have not produced they way they have hoped to, but there is a lot of quality in them. Daniel Fredheim Holm, Jan Derek Sørensen and Rune Lange are all players that surely can provide 10+ goals in a season. It will come, I am sure of it, and I am NOT a Vålerenga fan! That being said afraid of people might think it writing this... I don`t believe they will lose this, the difference in quality are to big. Still the AH/EH is still only considered knowing the shady form of their strikers. Odds to low for a straight win, but I will put it in for a double...

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Teams tonight: Nybergsund (4-3-3) Tervaniemi - Hansen, Oltedal, Kleiven, Hornseth - Buer Johansen, Durakovis, Storbæk - Berget, Joyce, Bredvold. Buer Johansen, Berget, Joyce and Hornseth with experience from the top league. Vålerenga (4-4-2) Bolthof - dos Santos, Thomassen, Wæhler, Storbæk - Berre, Jalland, Holm, Fellah - Sørensen, Lange. Vålerenga will field the best team possible. Only Bolthof in goal might be a questionmark, but first goalie Arason is somewhat out of form anyway. The 1st goal against Tromsø should have been a save. A shot from the corner of the box where he was positioned wrong, still he could have reached it...

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Shocking? insane? Go against Nybergsund at your own peril. 13 wins in 14 must tell you something, Valerenga have lost all but 1 of their away games. And honestly, 3rd division vs. 1st division means absolutely nothing in cup games. Nybergsund knocked out Fredrikstad who after all have a better away record than Valerenga. Today the bookies played Santa Claus, and they don't do that too often. Usually you would need some silly accumulator to get such odds. Odds of 8,00 are tastier than the tastiest pie on earth. :rollin

Shocking? insane? Go against Nybergsund at your own peril. 13 wins in 14 must tell you something, Valerenga have lost all but 1 of their away games. And honestly, 3rd division vs. 1st division means absolutely nothing in cup games. Nybergsund knocked out Fredrikstad who after all have a better away record than Valerenga. Today the bookies played Santa Claus, and they don't do that too often. Usually you would need some silly accumulator to get such odds. Odds of 8,00 are tastier than the tastiest pie on earth. :rollin
Could agree with you on their great home form, but the point is that in Norway the cup actually means something. Teams strive to make it through to the finals, and if you compare it with the swedes the norwegian teams uses their best line-ups at this level. It didnt hold off today, but when you look at the match picture Nybergsund scored on their two first chances and when Thomassen got red carded VÃ¥lerenga really got into trouble. Well, I don`t need to give any more explanations knowing Nybergsund played their asses off today. Half the team had muscle spasms at the end of the match, all honor to them... Expecting VÃ¥lerengas coach, Petter Myhre getting the sack in the coming days...:spank

Re: Norway Cup 25/7 Just adding a fact, on 2-1 to Nybergsund, their defender Oltedal had two crucial saves on the line when the goalie was outplayed. Nybergsunds 3rd came of the whole VÃ¥lerenga team was well indside their half which is natural chasing a late equaliser...