Lets get the South American going again guys!

Matt

Hopefully this thread will be as good as the last one where we had a right result, dont think we had a single loser between us and cleaned up on Argentina if I remember rightly. This weekends games :) (last times result in brackets) Paraguay - Ecuador (3-1) Uruguay - Chile (2-1) Peru - Brazil (0-1) Argentina - Bolivia (1-0) Colombia - Venezuela (3-0) one big bet for me :) PARAGUAY to beat Ecuador at 1.66 coral. 1.66 is amazing, some bookies have 1.45 and I think thats generous, I raved about Paraguay's home record in the last thread we did and tipped them at 5/4 to beat Uruguay, they did the business 4-1 and I see no reason why a similar result isnt possible here. Paraguay are stunning at home and our bookies never seem to learn, they have now won thier last 9 competitive matches at home and play very poor travellers Ecaudor who struggle to get results away and only qualified into the last world cup because of thier home games which are played at Altitude. Latest news is thier top scorer Delgado will not be playing either due to his club refusing to let him go as he is injured. Paraguay score goals for fun at home and will yet again be able to start with the formidable strike force of Luis Cardoso and Roque Santa Cruz, Paraguay struggle away as well and know they have to pick up thier points at home so slipping up is not an option for them, pushed to say a score I would say 2-0 or 3-0, either way I see this being very comfortable for Paraguay, take the 1.66 now though as I guarantee it wont be there at the weekend.:)

Guest kojic2003

..... PARAGUAY Gk: Justo Villar(Libertad),Ricardo Tavarelli(Olimpia),Miguel Cárdenas(Sol de América) Def: Francisco Arce(Osaka),Julio César Cáceres(Olimpia),Carlos Gamarra(Inter),Paulo Da Silva(Toluca),Denis Caniza(Santos Laguna),Emilio Martínez(Libertad),Darío Verón(UNAM) Mid: Carlos Bonet(Libertad),Carlos H. Paredes,(Reggina),Angel Ortiz(Guaraní),Julio Enciso(Olimpia),Diego Gavilán(Inter, Brazil),Guido Alvarenga(Olimpia),Víctor H. Ortiz(Sportivo Luqueño) For: Jorge Campos(U. Católica),José Cardozo(Toluca),Roque Santa Cruz(Bayern Munich),Fredy Bareiro(Libertad),Nelson Cuevas(Shangai Cosco),Salvador Cabañas(Chiapas) ECUADOR Gk: Francisco Cevallos(Barcelona),Jacinth Espinoza(L.D.U. Quito) Def: Stolen Ivan(Barcelona),Giovanny Caicedo(Barcelona),Giovanny Espinoza(L.D.U. Quito),Kleber Corozo(The National),Ulises de la Cruz(Aston Villa,England) Mid: Marlon Ayovi(D. Quito),Luis Gomez(Barcelona),Edwin Tenorio(Barcelona),Paul Ambrossi(L.D.U. Quito),Edison Mendez(The National),Cleber Chala(The National),Antonio Valencia(The National),Alex Aguinaga(Blue Cross,Mexico) For: Angel Fernandez(The National),Franklin Rooms(L.D.U. Quito),Ebelio Ordo'nez(The National),Carlos Quinonez(D. River Basin),Agustin Delgado(Southampton) LATEST NEWS: The coach of the Ecuadorian national team, Hernán Darío Gómez called Southampton striker Agustin Delgado at the last moment. This decision surprised everyone because the 'Tin' is injured to his back and is also getting recovered from an injury to one of his knees. The Ecuadorian Football Federation confirmed that the player has been called and a spokesman said: "Coach Gomez has decided to call Delgado and when he arrives to Ecuador he will be seen by the doctor of the national team who will decide whether the player is in a condition to play or not, or whether he can play one of the two games." On the other hand the coach said that Delgado would be used in the match against Peru on the 19th November in Quito and would not be in the squad that will play three days before that match, in Asuncion against Paraguay. Delgado will arrive on Tuesday to then be seen by the team doctor.

Guest heniek31

Re: ..... Just read that Delgado was denied a permission from Sothampton to join his national team as he was well short fitness after back surgery. Saints say that even if he did not play in Paraguay on Saturday and at home to Peru on Wednesday, trans-Atlantic flight would not be good for his back. He is expected to resume training with the Saints in the coming weeks.

Guest MersonthePerson

the other side Well I guess it is up to me to play Devil's Advocate, I have just stuck £20 on Ecuador at 5-1, Reason being, Ecuador narrowly lossed 1-0 in against Brazil away from home, and the won there game against Venezuela comfortably. This is a team that have beaten Turkey, Croatia and Bulagria in the last 18 months, Secondly, we all know that South American football is fixed, 5-1?? Its got to be worth a flutter.

Guest MersonthePerson

well... Your right Mate, but its the gambling that is so hard to give up... I alsdo have 6/5 for Poland to beat Serbia&M on a freezing night in Warsaw, this after their good win over Italy (i know it was a freindly too), still compared to 4/7 for England to win against the Danes, it is a strong bet, what do ya think??

Guest MersonthePerson

oops... Are you an FK Crvena fan by any chance? Would this be the reason you are filled with over confidence? :smokin Do you think you will actually beat the Mighty Poles?? Given that you are from that area (and all of central and eatern europe is the same to us westerners ;) ) What is your Guess on the Croatia v Slovenia match?? I can get 4-1 on Slovenia!!

Guest kojic2003

Re: oops...

Guess on the Croatia v Slovenia match?? I can get 4-1 on Slovenia!!
Are you working for bookies? :) Slovenia can't beat Croatia.Maybe they can get a draw,but I believe that Croatia will win.Dado Prso is in superb form. ;) Anyway,this discusion shouldn't be in this topic. ;)
Do you think you will actually beat the Mighty Poles??
What do you think? :) It's typical "no bet" match!Poland will make many changes in the squad and on the other hand S&M is without Jevric(gk;Vitesse),Cirkovic(Partizan),Jestrovic(Anderlecht),Ljuboja(Strasbourg),Stefanovic(Portsmouth),Dragutinovic(St.Liege),Gavrancic(Dynamo Kiev),Bunjevcevic(Tottenham),Kezman(PSV),Djordjevic(Olympiakos),Mihajlovic(Lazio),and Vidic,Markovic(both Red Star) are with U21 team.Zigic(Red Star) has some injury probelms and he won't to risk,so he will not make his debut in national team.Heh,it doesn't looks so good! :\ But,S&M will not play relaxing here.Coach Petkovic has a good record with national team,and he won't to stop here.We played excelent against Wales(in both meetings) and Italy.S&M will not be so weak:Milosevic(Celta) and Kovacevic(San Sebastian) in attack,with very strong midfielders:Stankovic(Lazio),Vukic(Shakhtar),Mladenovic(Red Star),Ilic,Duljaj(both Partizan),Boskovic(PSG)!And Krstajic(Werder),Sarac(Red Star),Djordjevic(Partizan) in defense,which is weaker than usual,but Krstajic and Sarac are in excelent form,and Djordjevic has showed great performances this season.He played against very fast players like Ronaldo and Bellamy,so he should be in starting lineup.New players are Pantelic(Sartid and ex-PSG player),Ivica Iliev(Partizan) and Banovic(gk;Sutjeska)! S&M will not play without motivation like Italy.

Guest kojic2003

Re: oops... Paraguay - Ecuador NEWS This is what I found in our daily newspaper. It seems that this match vs.Paraguay isn't so important for Ecuador.They are thinking only about their clash against Peru in Wednesday.They have a lot of problems with the squad.Three attackers are out:Agustin Delgado,Otilin and Carlos Tenorio.Midfielder Sanchez and defender Augusto Poroso are out too.They are all injured.Also two players will not travel(Alfonso Obregon and Reaska),because they have problems with yellow cards and Gomez won't to risk.

Guest kojic2003

Paraguay Paraguay: Justo Villar - Francisco Arce,Julio Cáceres,Carlos Gamarra,Denis Caniza - Carlos Bonet,Ãngel Ortiz,Carlos Paredes,Jorge Campos - Roque Santa Cruz,José Saturnino Cardazo

Guest peter orchard

South America Nov 16, 2003 Paraguay - Ecuador Uruguay - Chile Peru - Brazil Argentina - Bolivia Colombia - Venezuela Nov 19, 2003 Venezuela - Bolivia Brazil - Uruguay Ecuador - Peru Chile - Paraguay Colombia - Argentina No more qualification games after this until March next year. My best guess is that : 1. Peru will want something out of the match with Brazil tomorrow and the +¾ ball @ 1,833 looks half decent in view of Brazil's seemingly laid back approach to many of these events. 2. The Paraguayans must be strong favourites to beat Ecuador who'll have one eye on Wednesday's game in the dizzy heights of Quito where they get most of their points. -1 @ 1,826 3. Argentina -2,5 goals @ 2,05 is a decent shot for a team who will be keen to impress the home crowd after last time's disappointment. 4. I think Colombia beat Venezuela but the -1¾ ball is too much for me against a side who did quite well in this competition last time if I remember rightly. Good luck! :D

Guest kojic2003

PERU - BRAZIL:Estádio Monumental, em Lima (Peru) Brazil without Roberto Carlos and Ronaldinho.But I don't see some big problems here.Kaka and Junior will replace them.Peru hasn't the problems. Peru: Erick Delgado - Jorge Soto,Galliquio,Rebosio,Martín Hidalgo - Jayo,Ciurlizza,Solano,Palacios - Mendoza,Pizarro Brazil: Dida - Cafu,Lucio,Roque Junior,Junior - Gilberto Silva,Emerson,Ze Roberto,Kaka - Rivaldo,Ronaldo Peru is strong in attack(Solano-Mendoza-Pizarro),but Brazil could be too much for them.It looks like a OVER in this match.But Dida is untouchable at the moment,so that means that Ronaldo & co. have to score 3 goals. :) Any opinions here? Carlos Alberto Parreira has confirmed that Brazil can't make any calculation against Peru.They will not be happy with 1pt,because they want to beat Peru and to avoid complicatopns like in the last qualifications. Peru has never beaten Brazil in qualifications!

Peru-Brazil Won't see this any other than a Brazil win. 1.57-1.66 odds available at most places reflect a logical bet as Brazil tend to underperform in most of their away qualifiers(maybe with the exception of the match at Argentina :lol ). Expect a narrow Brazil win - under 2.5 would certainly look great value considering Brazil only edged out Ecuador by the slimmest of margins and many of their qualifiers in the 2002 qualifying campaign were pretty low scoring as well. Let's hope they come good this time and not need to wait till their penultimate match to sew up qualification. :b

Guest MersonthePerson

Ecuador Loser Well I have to admint my 5-1 on Ecuador was wasted, however the scoreline seems to suggest that they at least made it an interesting contest, though I suppose keeping it tight, is not the same as threatening to win. Has anyone read a match report??:(

Paraguay | Bolivia Alright, I may be talking thrash but Bolivia have certainly got to be value at 4.50 to beat the 'mighty' Venezuela! Can't believe Venezuela are priced at 1.61 for the Wed WC Qualifier when they've consistently been one of the worse three teams in the South American Qualifying Zone. :lol While Bolivia haven't qualified for a WC since USA'94 and their performances in the last 2 WC Qualifying campaigns have only been marginally better than Venezuela, someone's got to tell me how Venezuela are worth a shot at 1.61! This beggars belief! :x Similarly, Chile are priced at 1.80 to beat Paraguay who are available at a massive 4.00 at most places. :b This must be some sort of a joke - don't remember Chile doing anything of significance in the 2002 WC qualifying campaign and the thought of them beating a Paraguay squad comprising of more or less the same squad that partook in Japan-Korea 2002 is simply too remote to think about. :b Two massively overpriced bets IMO - anyone with thoughts on why neither could be backed at such massive odds? :smokin

Guest MersonthePerson

Home v Away IMHO Its just about Home and Away, both of these teams are very extreem examples of the trend in South American Football, which is Win your home gaimes and lose the away ones. Its only Argentina and Brasil that consistently get good results away from home, and sometimes they even struggle. If you look at all the teams you mention above that they have nearly 100% winning records at home against the other 'weaker' sides, coupled with 100% losing record away from home. I can get 1.9 on Chile and think its a good bet..

Re: Home v Away I actually think Venezuela are value :eek Venezuela to beat Bolivia at 1.72 (hills) Last meetings: Venezuela 4-2 Bolivia (qualifier) Venezuela 2-0 Bolivia (friendly) Ive stated many times on this site that I believe Bolivia are the worsed team in South Amerca, they pick up the odd point at home but away they are truly truly woeful. Venezuela are still one of the poorer sides in this section but they have improved drastically over the last couple of years and in Juan Arango have a player who looks truly capable of testing the top defences in the commebol. Bolivia lost 5-0 in Uruguay and 3-0 in Argentina and they are just dreadful, agaisnt Uruguay they didnt get out of thier own half and Im told Argentina played terrible yet still come away with a 3-0 win. Venezuela came under pressure agaisnt Colombia but secured a terrific 1-0 win and they also were very unlucky losing at Ecaudor spurning excellent chances before losing 2-0 in Quito. Vene are a very much improving side and Bolivias away form and general quality is enough for me to go with a price on teh home team here.

Oppossing Brazil? I cant help thinking that 13.5 available on bf for a Uruguay victory in Brazil is ridiculous. I didnt see the Peru game but they are a vastly overrated team. Sure they have nice attacking players but defensively im not sure - they have Roque Junior at centre half for fcuks sake! They only beat ecuador 1-0 at home and Colombia 2-1 away along with the 1-1 at Peru. On top of this people forget the Brazilians very nearly missed out on WC qualification last time although made up for that in the final's. As for Uruguay - they always strike me as a solid - physical team partcularly displayed in the WC against Senegal I think when they came back to draw 3-3. Their home form is good: 5-0 Bolivia and 2-1 Chile however they got walloped 4-1 away at Paraguay. Looks like fair value at approx 12/1 and a draw saver. Any thoughts?

Guest kojic2003

Chile v Paraguay Chile v Paraguay [email protected] Home win looks like a value!Striker Jose Cardozo(Paraguay) has injury problems and he is questionable,but he could be ready for this match... Defensive midfielder Carlos Bonet had a thigh injury while defenders Carlos Gamarra and Julio Cesar Caceres and midfielder Carlos Paredes were suffering from various strains and knocks.

Guest crowie1969

Re: Chile v Paraguay stebed, I may be completely off track here but I don't think Brazil have ever lost a home WC qualifier. Sure I read that somewhere but don't take it as gospel, just one of these things that seemed to pop into my head.