International Matches 31/03/04

Guest heniek31

Guest heniek31

Prices from bet365: 31 Mar-15:00 Malta v Finland 6.00 3.75 1.44 31 Mar-16:00 Bulgaria v Russia 2.20 3.00 3.00 31 Mar-16:00 Estonia v Northern Ireland 1.90 3.20 3.50 31 Mar-17:00 Serbia & Montenegro v Norway 1.90 3.25 3.40 31 Mar-17:00 Slovenia v Latvia 1.80 3.25 3.75 31 Mar-18:00 Croatia v Turkey 2.00 3.20 3.20 31 Mar-18:00 FYR Macedonia v Ukraine 3.20 3.20 2.00 31 Mar-19:00 Luxembourg v Bosnia-Herzegovina 12.00 6.00 1.14 31 Mar-19:15 Greece v Switzerland 1.80 3.25 3.75 31 Mar-19:15 Hungary v Wales 2.37 3.10 2.62 31 Mar-19:30 Germany v Belgium 1.57 3.25 5.50 31 Mar-19:30 Rep of Ireland v Czech Republic 2.62 3.20 2.30 31 Mar-19:30 Slovakia v Austria 2.10 3.20 3.00 31 Mar-19:35 Poland v USA 2.10 3.20 3.00 31 Mar-19:45 Holland v France 2.37 3.10 2.62 31 Mar-19:45 Sweden v England 2.50 3.10 2.50 31 Mar-20:00 Scotland v Romania 2.50 3.25 2.40 31 Mar-20:45 Spain v Denmark 1.53 3.40 5.50 31 Mar-21:15 Portugal v Italy 2.37 2.87 2.80 Fancy always strong Greece at home...But thats it :sleeping

Guest rooneymagic

Romania! Does anyone else think that this is a value bet Scotland v [email protected] Scotland have been very poor under Berti any reasons why this should change would be appreciated. The only one i can think of is that Scotland are at home.

Guest steve1966

intl matches Must admit its a bit of a lottery backing on these sort of matches. What with players pulling out and sometimes unlimited subs its makes you wonder if its worth it. Anyhow I'm going to have a little flutter on Hungary. I know absolutely nothing about Hungarian football or if they have any decent players playing for them but what I do know alot of the Welsh team will be missing. Giggs has just pulled out making him the 10th player to miss this game. I also think there could still be a little hangover over there failure to make it Portugal. With there appeal failing I think they'll be down in the dumps a wee bit. can any fellow punter shed some more light on this one.:D

Re: intl matches Yes people do bet still bet on friendlys, I have found some of my best bets on friendlys, remember backing Venezuela 4 or 5 times at 6/4 and over at one point in a surge when they were despearate to win agaisnt reserve teams :) You have to be so selective with these games, the usual mugs who back England, Italy, Holland etc in friendly games are still alive and kicking and thats thier problem. BTW........Macedonia look a very good price at 3.20, anyone know any bookies pricing up Albania V Iceland, I tried to get a price in Hills this afternoon and they said they were refusing to price the game up:cry would be grateful is anyone could find one as this looks the bet of the week if you can get evens on Albania at home. :ok

Re: Romania!

Quote:Does anyone else think that this is a value bet Scotland v [email protected] Scotland have been very poor under Berti any reasons why this should change would be appreciated. The only one i can think of is that Scotland are at home.

I'm a Scotland fan and I'll be there, desperate to see us get a result so I won't be betting, but I can't believe those odds. Anything over evens is probably value to be honest. There is no reason why we should improve for this game. Several players are out and the ground will be about 1/4 full. Playing at Hampden hasn't been too good for us either in friendly matches. I believe we haven't scored in a friendly at Hampden for around 8 years(!!), although this has only involved a handful of matches. All our "results" in home friendlies have come when played at grounds away from the national stadium. Like I said, I could never bring myself to bet against Scotland but I would be very happy with a draw tomorrow and to be honest, I don't expect us to get one.

Guest afc2004

International Matches 31/03/04 rooneymagic, I feel that Romania are the best bet of the week. We are so poor, I mean we lost 4-0 to Wales. I hate to bet against us but have got to let the head rule the heart.

Guest steve1966

Australia I actually fancy the Aussies myself especially since I found out there playing the game in England (loftus Rd I think). I think it would be wise though to check the team news first but there are quite a few Aussie players playing in England and if the likes of Viduka and Kewell are in the team then I think it will be worth a small wager. Might also add Estonia at home to N Ireland. Looked at Estonia's form and it aint too bad and at 1.90 its not a bad price against a side who can hardly score:b

Guest medics

Estonia Hi Guys, As usual N Ireland have selection problems with many first choice players withdrawing giving the new manager less to mould the striking force to prepare for the world cup campaign:rollin . Seriously though if Estonia can put the ball in the back of the net then I do believe they are a good bet.

Guest medics

Estonia N Ireland Latest from Local Belfast Telegraph sport: 29 March 2004 MARCH 28. A significant date. Yesterday. The day Roy Carroll played for the out-going champions Manchester United against the in-coming ones Arsenal. Significant because the Fermanagh man was United's first choice goalkeeper at Highbury, not a mere understudy. March 28, 2001, three years and one day ago. That's another significant date . . . the day Roy Carroll last started a game for Northern Ireland. The symmetry is irresistible, don't you think? Carroll for the first time, had the opportunity of turning out for his country as the main custodian of the biggest, richest club in the world. Think of the kudos. Instead, he's one of seven players who have pulled out of Northern Ireland's friendly with Estonia in Tallinn on Wednesday. I trust the injury sustained in yesterday's Premiership clash isn't serious enough to jeopardise the 26-year-old's chances of playing against the Gunners again in the FA Cup semi-final this weekend. Heaven forbid but if I were a betting man, I'd wager my house on him making it to Villa Park. Welcome to international football, Lawrie Sanchez. Even before Carroll's cry-off - the last of the seven - he said: "Now I know how Sammy McIlroy felt. This is the harsh reality." Then: "This was always going to be an experimental team and now several players have the opportunity of showing me what they can do. You have to look positively on these things." A cynic might suggest that, had this been the forthcoming excursion to the Caribbean, or the World Cup qualifier against England, Northern Ireland's squad would have been more fortified today. But I'm not a cynic so, for the record the withdrawals (so far) are these: Carroll, Paul McVeigh, Danny Griffin (called up and then withdrawn because of a serious Achilles tendon injury), Tommy Doherty, Gary Hamilton, Mark Clyde and Colin Murdock. The last minute arrivals are: Ciaran Toner, Michael Duff, Grant McCann and evergreen goalkeeper Alan Fettis. Clyde, who played well in the Premiership for Wolves against Chelsea on Saturday, was particularly gutted; indeed he did an interview with the BBC at the squad's London hotel last night, citing how much he was looking forward to his Northern Ireland debut. Less than ten minutes later the decision was taken to withdraw him following consultations with the international squad's doctor. Any info on Estonia line up welcomed Good Luck All Medics

Guest wesam77

serbia and montenegro will winnn serbia and montenegro - norway 1 the players of serbia and montenegro are Vladimir disljenkovic (Red Star) Predrag ocokoljic ( Tuluz ) Mladen krstajic ( Werder bremen ) Goran gavranic ( Dinamo kiev ) Ivica dragutinovic ( Standard ) Dejan Stankovic ( Inter milan ) Daniel Ljuboja ( paris san german ) Sasa ilic ( selta vigo ) Savo milosevic ( selta vigo ) Mateja kezman (PSV) Darko kovacevic ( Real sosidad ) i think it will be a good game at value @2,00 on Serbia what you think about that ????

Guest Accaman

Re: serbia and montenegro will winnn If that`s gonna be Serbia`s starting 11 I will eat my PC and "all in one" printer, scaner & copier. There we`ve got four (4):eek !!! centarforwards: Ljuboja, Milosevic, Kezman & Kovacevic. I`ve seen many crazy things in S&M football recently, but this will top it all. I am sure it won`t happen. We will see only two of this four in starting line up and Mladenovic and Vukic instead of other two. Still we are strong and I expect a win! :nana

Re: serbia and montenegro will winnn I think i might lay Sweden tommorow. Yes it's a friendly, but there will be hungry players out there for England, some who are also quality like Defoe pushing for the squad in the summer. Nice to see Alan Thompson finally given that chance to :) Sweden are a tough nut to crack, but i feel they are not as strong as has been in recent years to be honest, Freddie from Arsenal pulling out will be a blow to Swedish hopes to. Can't really see England getting beat in this one, although with England, i suppose you never know. A risk, but one that i am willing to take.

Guest ONEDUNME

And A bet for Gerrard for man of the match looks good to me (apologies for infringing Tosh's copyright :lol ) The man really is in form at the moment.

Guest Jonny1723

Re: And I must admit I fancy a draw in the Sweden - England match tonight. England don't have a good win record against Sweden (i think the last time they beat Sweden was in the Sixties!), but they have drawn a lot against them. With England being under strength tonight, and in particular with their 2 top scorers missing (Owen and Beckham), I can see them struggling to score more than one goal. I can also see Sweden having the same scoring difficulties, despite Cambell being out. (Terry and Woodgate would be my preferred partnership tonight) Also, as England are giving debuts to a few players, and with Sven's liking for making a lot of substitutions its likely the game will be a very slow paced affair. I dare say both teams would settle for a draw, and to be honest, this close to Euro 2004 it wouldn't be too bad a result for either side. I'll probably go for a point each on 1-1 and 0-0

Guest ilkerlfc

Latest team news In case anyone's thinking of backing Spain or Albania...I thought you might want to read this. Not trying to sway anyone from their bets. Just trying to share the info :ok Spain v Denmark Spain coach Inaki Saez will field a second-string side against Denmark in order to give a number of players the chance to win their place at Euro 2004. 'I already have my basic first-choice team sorted out,' Saez told reporters. 'At the moment I don't think it is vital for them to play, so instead I want to have a look at those players who might join them in the final squad.' Raul, Iker Casillas, Michel Salgado, Ruben Baraja, David Albelda and Vicente will all be left out. (from soccernet) Albania v Iceland Albania's coach Hans-Peter Briegel plans to test several young uncapped players in Wednesday's friendly against Iceland. 'This friendly will be devoted mostly to testing the young players and I hope they display their best,' said the former German international on Tuesday. 'We need to be identified in Europe and the world so a victory will help us a lot,' Briegel added. He called up defenders Nevil Dede and Henri Ndreu, midfielders Ardit Beqiri and Devis Mukaj and striker Edmond Kapllani from the domestic league to a squad largely made up of foreign-based players for the match in Tirana. Bologna's Albanian striker Igli Tare scored the winner in Serie A title-chasing AS Roma's 2-1 defeat at the weekend. Iceland will be missing captain Eidur Gudjohnsen, the Chelsea striker, and defender Herman Hreidarsson (Charlton), respectively with groin and hamstring injuries. Croatia v Turkey Don't have much info on this one re. Croatia's squad but I can assure you that Turkey are understrength. There are new faces and there's even a temporary manager in charge as they sacked Senol Gunes last week. So presumably the players won't really be up for this one. More importantly Turkey have a pathetic friendly record. P 20 w 3 d 6 L 11 and haven't scored in 13 of those matches. So it might be worth backing Croatia provided you have reliabke info. re. the team selection. good luck all :ok

Re: Latest team news

HI Matt, why do believe Albania are good bet
Well, I was very impressed on the 2 or 3 occasions I have seen Albania play agasisnt Ireland this year and I certainly would consider them a better side than Iceland at the moment, however, I am very put off by Albanias cocahes comments and it looks like I will have to leave the bet alone now :( Will check the teams when they come in and then decide :unsure

Serbia - Norway Just posted over in the nobookie forum, so sometimes I feel obliged to explain my choice :gimme Believe there will be goals, and also believe there are good chances for a home win. The Serbian team had some good results in the last stages of 2004 qualification, and though it was too late to qualify, they are a bit fired up to show that the bad times are over. At the same time, this match is just a friendly for the Norwegian team, so they will probably be testing some unusual formations. And as Accaman indicated, the best part of Serbian team are the forwards. Home win could be worth trying, but goals are much more likely. Over.:drums

Guest da len man

The Dutch What are anyone's thoughts on the Holland - France game? I haven't heard any team news from Holland but France will surely be weakened by the loss of Henry, Zidane and co. Any opinions? I'm not exactly tipping the Dutch but the French are there for the taking IMO (or as much as they ever will be! ;) ) and the Dutch won't want them getting that record especially in Holland. It would usually be a no-bet for me but I just fancy Holland in this one, just a hunch, I will await team news before placing my bet. (Be prepared for a 3-0 win for France now!) Also it would be interesting to see who takes the penalties for Ireland tonight, should they get one. Harte is available at 20/1 in PP for first scorer. (Although after his effort in WC2002 I doubt they'll ever let him take one again! :o )

Guest Dee4life04

International Matches 31/03/04 Was on paddy power saw 5/6 for N Ireland +1 v Estonia. I know N Ireland struggle to score goals and it is only a friendly but I think with Sanchez looking for his first win as Ireland boss i am sure they can get something off Estonia. Looks like a good bet. Would be grateful for another opinion though.

Guest RUUD 10

Re: International Matches 31/03/04 Hope you got that bet on Dee 1648: GOAL - Estonia 0-1 Northern Ireland In first half injury-time, David Healy hammers a glorious shot past Kaalma from 20 yards to put Northern Ireland ahead. Above from bbc NORN IRON! :nana HEALEY! HEALEY! HEALEY!:clap

Re: intl matches POSTED BY MATT!

anyone know any bookies pricing up Albania V Iceland, I tried to get a price in Hills this afternoon and they said they were refusing to price the game up would be grateful is anyone could find one as this looks the bet of the week if you can get evens on Albania at home
and lets all guess which twat didnt manage to get a bet on because he forgot the kick off time was earlier than the others?:sad :sad Im a prick :(

Re: intl matches youve just got to be so careful mate, value can be found, but its rare and you have to be SO selective. I would also advise not backing any match with a "big team" in keep discipline and even a midweek friendly list can be profitable.