Copa America 1st round bets.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest raven

Re: Phew

Im on Venezuela too
:notworthy You're fukced now, ODM. :lol (Reason for the :notworthy s is 'cos I've never lost a selection when Heniek has posted up after me saying he's on the same one. He's still the 'lucky charm.' :o :o )

Re: Phew

Can you confim this Matt? or dont we know untill kick off?
Peru.com is reporting it and Ive always found this site the most reliable for teams news. Colombia: Henao; Martínez, Orozco, Dinas (González), Victoria; Aguilar (Viáfara), Díaz, Patiño (Morantes), Ferreira (Perea), Moreno (Murillo); Herrera. players in brackets are possible replacements and the Colombia manager is quoted as saying it doesnt bother him whether they finish 1st or 2nd :)

Guest ONEDUNME

OK OK :lol OK Ian, let me clear this up before anyone goes and scores a goal. I know I've gone into banter mode (I blame Raven:lol ) but I SERIOUSLY did put my money on the draw - then came in here to find ever uckersF tippen venezuala :rollin The reason I backed the draw is because I havent got a fuckin clue, so I may as well admit it now:o

Guest ONEDUNME

Interesting Not for me it isnt. Thats the trouble with backing the draw, it doesnt get exciting unless they're level with 10 minutes to go. Im cheering for the goalkeepers:lol

Guest boro boy

Copa America 1st round bets. these 2 teams r piss poor - its like a sunday league game - me money is on VEN - me regrettin it already

Copa America 1st round bets. problem for you onedunme is that both sides need to win to have a chance of progressing whereas the draw puts em both out. If this is 1-1 with 10 mins to go expect them both to be playing 1-1-8 formations ;)

Guest dr klemenski

this evenings proceedings gone for a venezula value at 3 betfair and a peru and 2.2 on the betfair like peru, columbia's lack of motivation and rested players give the hosts a chance to nip in to grab the 3 points , giving me a free punt on venezula. thats the theory, will see how easy breakfast goes down tomorrow! bedtime.

Guest Mr Bookie Buster

Copa America 1st round bets. Why not just lay off the Draw in Betfair now OneDunme while you still can. Both teams really need to win, a draw is no good so at the end of the game, they will probably go all out for it. My advice anyway is to lay your bet off.

Guest ONEDUNME

Re: Copa America 1st round bets. Thanks Mr BB but I've thought of that. Trouble is, the odds are shite because everyones thinking the same way. As it happens, Ive backed over 2.5 goals as well, so if it all goes tits up, at least Ill get my money back. And after all, just because they both have to win, doesnt mean that one of them will:ok

Re: Copa America 1st round bets. Elkin Murillo Amor 11 Arley Dinas 13 Oscar Díaz Asprilla 6 Andrés Felipe Orozco 5 Juan Carlos Henao Valencia 1 Gonzalo Martínez 22 Gustavo Andrés Victoria 20 Abel Enrique Aguilar Tapias 18 Néider Yesid Morantes Londoño 10 Jhon Eduis Viáfara Mina 15 Edwin Arturo Congo 16 Colombia resting a series of players here, max stakes for me on Peru! :)

Re: Copa America 1st round bets. going with straight double tonight. Mexico/Argentina at 2.88 canbet Ecaudor have been awful in this tournament so far and Mexico will want to win this group tonight and they can do that by beating Ecaudor comfortably, Ecaudor have lost both games and been outplayed in both, expect the same tonight. Argentina lost thier last game 1-0 but they still retain the quality to beat Uruguay imo, Argentina will need to win to avoid meeting Brazil in the next round and I expect them to win tonight agaisnt thier oldest rivals. :eek

Re: Copa America 1st round bets. Bold call there, Matt. Got to disagree with you, I'm afraid. :b Every man and his dog - naturally - would expect Mexico and Argentina to walk their final group games, but stranger things have happened. Essentially, I've seen 2 different Argentinas in the Copa so far - the mediocre, boring side that is devoid of all creativity and essentially struggles to break teams down, and the awesome side that rightly lives up to the standards set by their illustrious predecessors. Take the Ecuador game for instance, they scored early on, didn't do much till Ecuador equalised then BANG - 5 goals in under half an hour from a side that never stepped out of fifth gear. :rollin In their next match, they never recovered from the early goal they conceded to Mexico as they simply couldn't contrive that something extra to break down a solid, dependable Mexican defence marshalled by the ever-reliable Marquez. Uruguay haven't done all that badly so far, drawing 2-2 with Mexico and edging Ecuador 2-1. Their form seems just that bit better than their WC qualifying form at the moment and knowing they'll raise their game against their biggest nemesis in Copa(considering both Argentina and Uruguay are the teams to have won the most Copas), I really wouldn't rule out Uruguay getting a result here - especially if Argentina sees a result in their favour for the Mexico game which would end before they take to the field. :\ As for Mexico, I think they're a far more consistent and have a more hardworking side than Ecuador. However, you never know how a side as inconsistent as Ecuador would approach this match. Mexico have nothing much to play for bar winning the group - Ecuador, on the other hand, have got their pride to play for(may not mean much, but after watching Venezuela try that little bit harder today than they did in the first 2 matches...). While I'm not for a moment suggesting Ecuador are world beaters, they do seem capable of pulling a few shock results every now and then(they beat Brazil en route to qualifying for the 2002 WC, beat Croatia at the group stage of WC2002 when their fate had already been sealed). Hence, if Mexico's desire should slip a little(and should Ecuador decide to give Mexico a good match), they may well sneak a draw. :b Personally, I'd be laying BOTH Argentina and Mexico on the exchanges - more in the hope that one will come unstuck which would rake in a pretty tidy profit. :drums Good luck whatever your picks!

Guest raven

Re: Copa America 1st round bets Tricky looking games tonight. :unsure Mexico v Ecuador (1) 1.73 @ Canbet. Was going to give this a miss but the fact it's the first game tonight has swayed me into backing the Mexicans. It'd be dodgier if it was the 2nd and Mexico only needed a draw. Anyway, they can progress to the next round with a win tonight and leave Uruguay and Argentina to their own business. Last competitive meeting of these 2 was a 2-1 win for Mexico in the WC. In a friendly back in March, Mexico also won 2-1. (Meaningless fact: In Mexico's 6 Copa's they've never fared any poorer than the quarter-finals.) Team news may be a concern with a lot of Mexico players on yellow cards. I'll be waiting for this game to end before any bets on Argentina. Argentina v Uruaguay I think a draw would let Uruguay through and Argentina probably through also as 1 of the best 3rd placers. Need to check this though...... Great rivalry also a factor to consider as well. Montero out for Uruguay is a good thing for Argentina. In fact, if Tevez plays it's probably going to be a bet on Argentina ...... No bet until after the first game and Matt posts team news. :)