Brighton 08/07/07

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 Horse Name: Resplendent Nova Racecourse: Brighton Time: 3.30 Back down to a very winnable mark of 70 which is the same mark as his last visit here which he was a ready winner. As a 4yo old he battered everything by 3L's and could well run a big race today from a decent draw. He's been running consistently well on the AW being placed in every race this season and can transfer that to this 'good' ground.

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 Horse Name: Cactus Rose Racecourse: Brighton Time: 3.00 Roger Charlton has a 50% SR at the course and a 100% SR with runners in the money. He sends just 1 runner today, he ran a cracker of a race on his 2nd start since his debut at Newbury and is open to plenty of improvement and can lose his maiden tag today

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 Horse Name: Look to the Star Racecourse: Brighton Time: 2.30 Its got no form so am I completely mad for picking this Channon horse? Well some may say I lost my marbles years ago and I can't really argue that point but this horse is well drawn and its interesting that Mick Channon saddles 2 here the other being 'not so good drawn' Channon has a 20% SR here with 4 winners from 20 runners so lets hope I've picked the correct one.

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 3:30 ... Manaal Won at Ripon in a class 3 on G/F (todays class 4 on G/F) is a Course and Distance winner and Trainer has an overall 60% strike rate at the course (64% with 3yo's) Following on from Fridays and Saturdays winners and the yard bang in form - Sir M Stoute could follow up here - as we know he's a brilliant trainer and tends to send horse to courses that have a great chance of winning - Brighton is one of those lucky courses.

Re: Brighton 08/07/07

Horse Name: Cactus Rose Racecourse: Brighton Time: 3.00 Roger Charlton has a 50% SR at the course and a 100% SR with runners in the money. He sends just 1 runner today, he ran a cracker of a race on his 2nd start since his debut at Newbury and is open to plenty of improvement and can lose his maiden tag today
With you all the way on this one Carl - know the law is the main danger.

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 2,30 Brighton SHIEK'N'KNOTSTERD EW has run 3 times so far & certainly has shown that it would prefer at least another furlong. It gets that today & this race doesnt look any better than what it has faced so far. With a predicted price of around 14/1 in an 9 runner field, this could represent good ew value Also, dont discount Ryan Moore having another good day. He rides this track well & will be buzzing after yesterday.

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 3.30 BORDER EDGE......... No doubt he has an affinity with these downhill tracks as he can boast turf wins at Lingfield, Epsom, Bath and Brighton. Although not getting any better at the age of nine, he has won three times in each of the last two seasons and is now running off a mark lower than for his last win. I'm always prepared to forgive any horse one poor run, especially on a sticky surface at Newbury, and his effort there should only ensure we get a better price than expected. The booking of Eddie Ahern looks good. The ground is no problem. Only negative i can find his the distance, but with a fast pace expected this shouldn't be a problem. At 25/1 with william hill and 20/1 geneally i will backing to small stakes e/w:hope

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 3.30 - SCARLET FLYER - Ticks all the right boxes for me in this Class 4 race. A win and a 2nd from 3 runs on the track , won twice at 7f . Running well at present ,having won a Class 4 race at GOODWOOD over 7f then a close 4th at the same venue in mid June LTO. Rated 73 today and has won at 1lb higher. Quite a few of his opponents today seem to be out of form at the present and the Fav could be a bit over-rated . :hope

Horse Name: Cactus Rose Racecourse: Brighton Time: 3.00 Roger Charlton has a 50% SR at the course and a 100% SR with runners in the money. He sends just 1 runner today, he ran a cracker of a race on his 2nd start since his debut at Newbury and is open to plenty of improvement and can lose his maiden tag today
nice 1 carl :ok

Re: Brighton 08/07/07 As per EW fancies :- Realy Naughty (3.30 Brighton) 16/1 widely available Yet to win a race but did finish 2nd twice on the bounce before a poor run here on Tuesday. Softish ground was against him that day and T. Quinn slightly surprisingly elected to make the running on this hold-up horse. Has place prospects today on better ground and ridden with more restraint. The promising William Buick takes a handy 5lbs off.

BIG GAMBLE today just been told about ERIDANI in the 4.00 from a journalist friend already in from 33's to 14's, looks like an absolute steamer. take it how you want, the price is still large !
thanks for sharing, can't see why this is being backed though. can anyone else see why?

thanks for sharing' date=' can't see why this is being backed though. can anyone else see why?[/quote'] DT, Stable is in cracking form at the minute, and it's dangerous to dismiss anything for Bells yard presently. Also only had 3 runs in maidens so suspicion he just ran it to get a mark, and a lowly one at that. Have to admit that it is difficult to be confident about it, but you never know.

3.30 - SCARLET FLYER - Ticks all the right boxes for me in this Class 4 race. A win and a 2nd from 3 runs on the track , won twice at 7f . Running well at present ,having won a Class 4 race at GOODWOOD over 7f then a close 4th at the same venue in mid June LTO. Rated 73 today and has won at 1lb higher. Quite a few of his opponents today seem to be out of form at the present and the Fav could be a bit over-rated . :hope
3rd @ 9/2 :\ Got your E/W Richowl :ok

thanks for sharing' date=' can't see why this is being backed though. can anyone else see why?[/quote'] well it didnt run well, only excuse ive heard is they thought the ground would have been a bit easier as it firmed up as the day went on. No comfort to those that backed it from 33's to 9's!