AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th)

Friday, 6th July
Essendon v Geelong Telstra D (N) 3.6 Betfair 1.35 Sportingbet 101.9%
Saturday, 7th July
Collingwood v St. Kilda MCG (D) 1.84 Pinnacle 2.09 Pinnacle 102.2%
W Bulldogs v Port Adelaide Telstra D (D) 1.74 Betfair 2.3 Pinnacle 100.9%
Adelaide v Hawthorn AAMI (N) 1.76 Betfair 2.23 Pinnacle 101.7%
West Coast v Brisbane Subiaco (N) 1.09 Portland 10.4 Pinnacle 101.4%
Sunday, 8th July
Sydney v Fremantle SCG (E) 1.64 Betfair 2.47 Pinnacle 101.5%
Carlton v Melbourne MCG (D) 2.15 Lasseters 1.8 Norm Short 102.1%
Richmond v Kangaroos Telstra D (T) 2.55 Pinnacle 1.63 Betfair 100.6%
Price is dissapearing on Carlton and IMO for good reason. Suggested Bet: Carlton 2.15 Lasseters, Betworks.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Yeah...couldn't understand why Melbourne are favs either... ...mind you, stats somewhat surprising in that they show Melbourne improving and Carlton going backwards... ...maybe I put them in the wrong way!! :unsure Like 2 favs this week, 1 dog and 3 or 4 totals... Will be back with some numbers a bit later when I see some spreads. oh, speaking of lines I don't really understand...Kangas BIG favs over Richmond??! I know I'm not the bravest punter in the world (ie. probably won't jump on the Tiges!)...but how could anyone take the 'Roos at 1.50 or less!! :spank

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) I went through the squads last night and Carlton get Melbourne with a clear edge in player quality - seems funny to say whem Fevola is an out. Walker's available and they'll perhaps give Kennedy a run, and goes without saying that extra youth could possibly be added. Melbourne have a more realistic reason to tank and I doubt we can expect ins that will trump Carlton. Holland can come back (to try hard, as always), Moloney's not right (someone correct me if I'm wrong), Pickett - well, best not! There's Dunn, Millar but they really need some mobile types, so they'll have to play Chris Johnson and perhaps a couple of rookies. Robertson is carrying injury. They likely will have their weakest side for the season. I don't believe the replaced coach syndrome will come into play. This isn't the same as when players were glad to see the back of Ayres and Schwab. Eight day break from Perth and I'm looking for Carlton to respond off the last two and the Fev stance. They've shown this season they are a side prepared to bounce back. If it's wet, Carlton like to play no nonsence footy, so it shouldn't go against them. -------------------------------------------- Kangaroos I like if I see 1.67. Richmond give it a good go and had their chance against a vulnerable Saints but consistantly obvious is they have too many players who lack that bit of polish. Kangaroos are more complete players across the board. Only chance I give Richmond is if Kangaroos aren't switched on, which is always possible, particuarly off last week's situation. My feeling is that they'll show up.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Just noticed Carlton price is gone from Betworks (2.07, 2nd top) but still available 2.15 Lasseters, which shouldn't last long. I rate it Carlton 1.87, at this point in time.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Yeah, the open spaces of the 'G seem not to hurt Carlton defensively as the quick rebounding Dome... ...and I think it's pretty clear that Melbourne are a much worse side without Nietz... Still, going with the stats...Melbourne were dead-set unlucky last game. 8 more I50's, 3 more shots...of course the emotion/Neitz being out there...in their last 5 they've av'd 51 I50's compared to 47 all up, and their D has improved from 1.83 entries per shot to 2.01. Carlton have allowed 2 more I50's per game in their last 5 compared to the season...although they did perform remarkably well last week!! (More on that later) Agree, with Nietz out and Robbo not 100% I don't think Melbourne have the fire-power to over-run Carlton's terrible defense. And yeah, their 'big' change of coach game was last week, not this one. Basically, it all addds up to a rematch of Melbourne/Richmond to me. Carlton won the last 2 meetings as big 'dogs... ...you know what, Ash is dead right. Blues! Geelong -21.5 Like this one. As mentioned, Essendon lucky to sneak the win last week. Geelong are a far better team...holding their opp to 44 I50's (+11) in their last 5...av 61 I50's (+11) in the dome this season. Their defense has been outstanding all season, and I still maintain their forward line function much better indoors. I expect Geelong to have at least +10 I50's and 10 more shots in this game...was prepared to take as much as -33...will jump on the 21.5 for sure. Saints/Collingwood...I can't see any reason why Collingwood won't win this game (besides some of them ending up in prison). Despite all the wailing about "half our backline is missing!"...their last 2 games have been the BEST defensive efforts all season! They av. a score every 2.06, previous best was 2.47 @ Adelaide...2.76 and 2.70 in the last 2. St. Kilda av. just ovewr 60 ppg outdoors this season (just 20 shots per game!!), tough to see them doing any better here. Hamil may be back (and...), McGuire as well, doesn't much help their forward line. I like the under myself...hoping to get a decent number...I think it's a safer option, but realistically, Pies @ 1.80 look winners. Dogs/Port...2 of the worst performing teams in the last 5 games. I was hoping for a decent price on the Dogs, but quickly lost interest

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) It didn't feel at all right to be honest - very quirky feeling in the tummy. I agree, the selection can only be from the following possibles: robbed, umpiring, hit post, assy, dole que, drugs, crime, police, firearm, prison, lap dance, wankler, ...

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) No, no...always happy when someone tries to make up a new word. Besides, I happen to like it!...Winkler. n. An old, washed up ******. The other thing that no-one seems to be mentioning is that Lloyd is out Friday night. Honestly, I see Geelong -21.5 as a pretty solid bet in the scheme of things. And the other thing I was going to mention was the stats from the Freo/Carlton game. Baring in mind that Freo won by 77 points... Carlton 57 I50's to 53. Carlton 43 clearances to 28. Carlton 13 effective hitouts to 7... MADNESS!!! This has to be a first!...One thing it does highlight is Carlton's TERRIBLE defense. A shot every 1.39 entries... Again, not sure Melbourne can take full advantage, but I'm not sure I'd be all that confident being on the side of evil! :D

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) btw...I was going to launch into a rant about Brodie Holland being another black spot on the recent Collingwood history... ...but I thought better of it, 'cause hey, if you can't masterbate outside a primary school in the privacy of your own car, then where can you do it?

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Was that Brodie Holland Taza? I thought it was Leon Davis. :loon image001.jpg I would keep the Collingwood rants to a minimum Taza cos you never know if one of the Collingwood cheer squad are reading PL. You wouldn't want Joffa on your doorstep mate, especially at night :rollin

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Ash...you're the value punter amongst us...Tell me the Saints aren't well above the odds to be the lowest scoring team this round. 15.00!! Clearly Brisbane are heavy favs...Hawthorn @ 8.50 I can kinda see too...but 15.00?! Pies ben great defensively all year...Saints struggle to score (forget the avalanche v. Richmond)...really struggle to score outside, and they had a 44 point shocker last time out at the MCG v. Hawthorn. I don't like losing bets...:eyes ...but at this price I'm tempted to be slightly looser than normal. :D (Maybe with a Brisbane saver ;) ) Thoughts?

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) How ironic that Ben Cousins pulls a hamstring on the eve of his comeback. The footy gods have a habit of catching up with those who should have been punished, but weren’t. Some key games this weekend that should get rid off at least one finals aspirant. Tonight’s game at the Dome will severely test the Bombers. They have a tough month ahead but have got themselves into a great position and need to win 4 more games to qualify for September. It’s a momentous game with Hird’s 250th and Ramanauskas’ return. Of their recent narrow victories, they haven’t faced a team that has been in good form. Tonight they face a team without a noticeable weakness playing at their favourite venue. There is still a doubt on Bartel, but they have numerous options through the midfield unlike their opponent. Lloyd missing hurts the Bombers big time against a star defence. The Bombers will hang with Geelong for a half, but the Cats will eventually blow them away. Collingwood were terrific last week and just came up short against the Hawks. They just didn’t get enough out of their defensive midfielders. They will face similar difficulties against the Saints especially with their tall forwards. Koschitzke and Riewoldt will be tough to handle and the Saints midfield is the best it could be. I’m a little worried about Collingwood having a downer after their last 2 matches, but they have a chance to take the Saints out of the finals race or seriously risk their own top 4 hopes. It could go either way, but the consistent scoring of the Pies has me tipping them. The top 4 chances of Port and the Bulldogs are on the line at the Dome tomorrow. The loser will be battling to make the finals. The Dogs will be happy to return to the Dome after a 6 week absence when they beat Collingwood. This match will come down to one battle. Scott West v Kane Cornes. If West is held, the Dogs are in strife particularly with key midfielders missing. Port are capable of exposing the Dogs badly, but I remember their insipid performance against Carlton at this venue 4 weeks ago and I can’t get it out of my mind. The Dogs should win an interesting battle. The Crows always seem to find a way to stay in contention. Just when you are about to right them off, they manage to win games they’re not favoured to. This week they host the Hawks who are coming off a huge win over Collingwood. Goodwin and Burton return for Adelaide and they both have great records against the Hawks. Boyle and Osborne are missing for Hawthorn and will need to use Croad up forward. It will be a low scoring game, but the Crows cannot afford to drop this and win by a few goals. The rest of the games don’t particularly interest me although I can’t see Brisbane scoring more than 8 goals against the Eagles. I don’t trust the Swans because they are playing injured players, but I still think they’ll win. I respect the Tigers and they’ll give the Kangaroos a huge run for their money. Team Strength for Round 14

Strong 92% Sydney 89% Kangaroos 88% Geelong 87% Hawthorn Weak 73% Richmond 67% Collingwood 64% Brisbane 62% Melbourne

Score Predictor & MY TIPS

Essendon 86 GEELONG 116 COLLINGWOOD 89 St.Kilda 76 WESTERN BULLDOGS 106 Port Adelaide 99 WESTCOAST 108 Brisbane 61 ADELAIDE 82 Hawthorn 87 SYDNEY 99 Fremantle 93 Carlton 93 MELBOURNE 89 Richmond 87 KANGAROOS 81

Suggested Bet

COLLINGWOOD Win WESTERN BULLDOGS Points (-12.5) SYDNEY Line (10.5)

The best of luck to you all.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) I think you right on the money with the Pies Crisp. This is a real danger game for them as the Saints have consistently beat us in recent years.

#

Year

Rd

Team

Score

Versus

Score

Gnd

Result

Marg

Collingwood

9.9 (63)

vs

St Kilda

19.8 (122)

TD

Lost

Collingwood

10.10 (70)

vs

St Kilda

21.17 (143)

TD

Lost

Collingwood

10.11 (71)

vs

St Kilda

16.13 (109)

MCG

Lost

Collingwood

13.13 (91)

vs

St Kilda

21.12 (138)

TD

Lost

We have struggled to kick a score against them, and although the Saints are not flying as high as recent years, they are still a solid outfit. Koschitzche and maguire back for St kilda hasn't helped Collingwood either. We are going to struggle to hold Reiwoldt and Gehrig as it is. We will need to cut off the supply from midfield, and our midfielders have been performing admirably. We havn't beaten St Kilda since 2003, but three of last four losses has been at Telstra Dome where St Kilda have an imposing record. They are not as good at the MCG. Going back to 2000 Collingwood have won four out of five at the MCG. If the Saints stick the big 3 down the forward line, then St Kilda are capable of kicking a winning score. Pies going into the game with only one ruckman in Fraser after Richards was dropped, and they lose the Flasher in Holland. This game has danger written all over it for Collingwood, and I wouldn't be taking the current price they have on offer for the Pies. St Kilda are much better value. :dude

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) From the above table... Kangaroos have only had 5 losses and they have all been to teams in the Top 8 and the chances of Richmond beating them are quite slim when you take that fact into consideration. The Roos have also beaten teams in the top 8, the Tigers havn't. Kangaroos at around $1-55 is a gift. Hawthorn has played 5 teams in the top 8 and have beaten all of them. Adelaide have played six teams in the Top 8 and only won two. The Hawks are paying $2-20 or so this weekend and that is clearly value on their exposed form this season, having only lost to teams outside the Top 8. If the Bulldogs decide not to turn up then the $2-35 or so about Port Power is a good price considering Port have won 9 of the last 10 clashes between these two teams.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Bjv...previous results... ...of course match-ups are a part of it all...tactics etc...but in context; 3 of the last 4 the Saints have been 1.14 (-38.5), 1.15 (-36.5), 1.17 (-32.5) favs. Last year they were 2.00 "outsiders"...but the game was at the Dome. Sometimes it's best not to look too much further than current form... ...although some pre-big-game pessimism are clearly in play here ;) Interesting on the Form Ladder there with the Kangas tho mate...I think the Tiges are a decent chance... ...happy to stay away tho. Good numbers are good numbers. :ok

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Hope your right about the Saints Taza, and hope the numbers stay low, but they always seem to find something against the pies. probably hate us like everyone else and just want to beat us. :D We seem to struggle with their talls, but Pies are playing well enough to win though. If you think the Pies are good enough then that is good enough for me! Think the pessimism is incase we get beat :loon Roos form has been ultra impressive when you see who they have beaten, and who has beaten them.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th)

How ironic that Ben Cousins pulls a hamstring on the eve of his comeback. The footy gods have a habit of catching up with those who should have been punished' date= but weren’t.
I thought he missed 13 matches through suspension and took a 300k pay cut. I wouldn't classify that as having not been punished.

Ash...you're the value punter amongst us...Tell me the Saints aren't well above the odds to be the lowest scoring team this round. 15.00!! Clearly Brisbane are heavy favs...Hawthorn @ 8.50 I can kinda see too...but 15.00?! Pies ben great defensively all year...Saints struggle to score (forget the avalanche v. Richmond)...really struggle to score outside, and they had a 44 point shocker last time out at the MCG v. Hawthorn. I don't like losing bets...:eyes ...but at this price I'm tempted to be slightly looser than normal. :D (Maybe with a Brisbane saver ;) ) Thoughts?
Hard for me to say unless i go to trouble of framing a market. I gather your on already for a few grand as I notice lasseters are in to 13.00 Looking at couple of books, Global have Saints ranked 5th for lowest and Sportsbet have hem 7th. Obviously they to disagree with Lassseters who will have ranked the Saints 11th when they had them at 15.00 (I'm asuming it's Lasseters you see). Obviously a wet track won't hurt the prospects of the bet, providing Saints do lose and i rate them a 2.05 chance. Tonight, Essendon have real weak team IMO. Stanton and Winderlich are wrong players to have out and the replacements don't inspire. Essendon know they can't win IMO, going on the body language and word use of couple players at press conferences. A blowout won't surprise tonight. I've been waiting on late changes (which I'll chech in a sec) and will possibly take the HT/FT double, although 'cap is some temptation.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) 15.00 @ TAB. I'll be arrogant enough to suggest I may have moved a line or two in my time...but this ain't one of them! :D

The Bombers will hang with Geelong for a half' date= but the Cats will eventually blow them away. .
:ok Look, I won't carry on any more after this I promise...but the Didak thing... ...yep, MONSTER punishment if you're a Uni student!...probably just telling an 'elite' sportsman what he should be doing in the ****ing first place. Disgrace. Poor...I'm over it...who cares, he's a nuff-nuff player anyway... Ash...If we here at the Lounge want a market, then I suggest you quick-smart frame one... ;)

Overall Standings

#

Team

P

W

L

D

For

Agt

%

Pts

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

Match Totals

Quarters

Halves

#

Team

W

L

D

WR%

W

L

D

WR%

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

Quarter Averages

For

Against

Team

¼

½

¾

FT

¼

½

¾

FT

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

Scoring Statistics

Avg Score

Avg Margin

Total Score

Round Total

Team

For

Agt

Win

Lose

High

Low

High

Low

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

Margin Breakdown - Basic

U 15.5

O 15.5

U 39.5

O 39.5

Team

W

L

W

L

W

L

W

L

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

Margin Breakdown - Detailed

1-19 pts

20-39 pts

40-59 pts

60+ pts

Team

W

L

W

L

W

L

W

L

Geelong

Hawthorn

West Coast

Collingwood

Port Adelaide

Essendon

Kangaroos

Adelaide

W.Bulldogs

Sydney

Fremantle

St Kilda

Brisbane

Carlton

Melbourne

Richmond

15.00 @ TAB. Ash...If we here at the Lounge want a market, then I suggest you quick-smart frame one... ;)
Sorry mate. I've just re-jigged the computer to play a sound when someone needs a market. I'll leave it on while sleeping. :D Split my bet between -23.5 @ 2.00 and HT/FT. Two points down with a minute left to half time and Mackie just has to slot the shot from 50. Misses, so still 1pt down bearing in mind the AOR snuff out for HT/FT bets ... Fletcher has possesion (so my bets ******) ... Mooney misses the gift (the bets still ****** & my cat was sleeping but is looking at me real funny just now) ... Fletcher Daicoses the next one to the boundary ... :nana:nana:nana.

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Excellent read on the Cats/Bombers game Crisp and Taza Crisp said the Bombers would stick with the Cats for a while before Geelong eventually blow them away. Top analysis and exactly what happened. :clap Taza suggested the Cats -21.5 and they won by 50 or so. Taza also said he expected Geelong to have at least +10 I50's and 10 more shots in this game. I am not too sure about the Inside 50's but Geelong had 15 more scoring shots with 38 compared to the Bombers 23. I am sure Taza can provide the I50's for the game to show he was most probably right with that too. Great work :clap Some top information provided by the above mentioned two, and people should follow them closely in all their previews, especially when they both agree that the same thing will happen :dude

Re: AFL Football - Round 14 (July 6th - July 8th) Bloody hell! A glowing recommendation, there Bjv...Maybe I should mention nice things about Collingwood more often! :lol (haha. Thanks mate. We did nail that one pretty well...a few key injuries didn't hurt ;) ) Collingwood/Saints under 166.5 (effectively 1.70) [saver 167-186] As mentioned a few times already, I just don't rate the St. Kilda scoring ability, esp. outdoors. They av. just 44 I50's a game outside the dome, and score every 2.16 entries...even with some big scores lately it's only 2.18 in their last 5 games. Only very straight kicking in Perth helped them out, and everyone scores big on Richmond, esp. at the Dome. Collingwood playing their best D of the year. St. K. defense still very good...well, their midfield really, but Rocca out won't help things for Collingwood who have scored just 81, 76 and 86 in their last 3 anyway. A big threat of some decent rain won't hurt things either.