Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 Amy Louise 3.35 Catterick The key to the race will be how soft the ground is, assuming that the meeting even goes ahead. The selection won twice on heavy ground over 7f (class 5)and also won last time out over a mile on good to soft (class 3)with a disappointing run before that over 6f which was too short at Ripon. Conditions and trip look ideal and this could be a real stamina test. The fact it won last time out over a mile makes me even more confident. Kevin Darley rode it to victory last time out and can go in again on it as it is only up 3lb in the handicap. WIN NAP

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 19:20 Kempton Thinking Positive(Nap) John Gosden trained 3 yo. Jockey bookings indicate this is the stable first string. Last time out finished well clear of the rest of the field in 2nd to a smart looking type. This step up in trip should suit, based on breeding, and the way it has travelled in it's races to date. I'm on a shocking run with my naps at the moment, so don't follow me! :cry I have had some success over the years with maidens who finish 2nd or 3rd well clear of the remaining field LTO. So I'll be concentrating on those in the near future, let's see how we go. :hope

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 KEMPTON 4TH JULY 2007 6.20pm INDEPENDENCE NIGHT HANDICAP (CLASS 5) Dick Ivory's nine year old Fromsong has been showing enough on the turf this year to suggest a return to the Awt is going to be beneficial, again this another horse that has not won since 2005 and was rated as high as 97 when winning on the Awt ,the run at Windsor when finishing second to Efistorm over an extended 5f on good to firm ground and only went down by half a length,also ran a good fourth to the same horse at Sandown off a mark of 78 on good to soft ground, and eventually finished two and a quarter lengths behind, is coming here off a mark of 88 and is a respectable mark to win off this afternoon has a big chance with inform Jim Crowley and should be there at the business end. GL - Wups

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 3.35 Catterick - Amy Louise Hard to split Countdown and Amy Louise both should really finish 1,2. But I'd rather back Amy Louise rather than Countdown, She loves testing conditions and has won over the 7 furlongs a few times so the drop in trip will be no worries here. Very experienced jockey on board who won on her last time out. Countdown seems to run well here having two runs over c&d on soft finishinig 1st and 2nd. Might have a savour on the reverse forecast.

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 6.20 Kempton - Macademy Royal Won on seasonal reappearance on polytrack over this distance under today's pilot defeating 3 subsequent winners. Had valid excuses for recent defeats (appeared unable to handle ground conditions/surface). Big chance at the weights on return to polytrack over optimum distance. WIN NAP

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07

7.30 - Leopardstown - Wake Up Maggie. 1PT Win. Horse won well in a group 3 at Lingfield last time out and no reason why she can't win again here.
That is my nap too for a 1 pt win. Form of that win could have been boosted better but it was a comprehensive win and should go well again.

Re: Daily NAPS ~ 04/07/07 Evening Time. 7.30. Leopardstown. 2 from 2 and although has fitness to prove after a break of 269 days, I feel he'll come back and show improvement which can see him win this race. Up a little in trip which shouldn't bother him, and he loves this ground, so granted he's fit enough, he should improve and go close! looks a fair bet at around 5.3 betfair.