** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June)

Not sure how to post the prices... thought I'd get it started...

Friday 15 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Canterbury Bulldogs v Brisbane Broncos (10:30 BST)1.7221.002.75100%
Manly Sea Eagles v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:30 BST)1.2826.005.00102%
Saturday 16 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged." align="center">sp.gifBPP
Cronulla Sharks v NZ Warriors (08:30 BST)1.4426.003.25105%
North Qld Cowboys v Melbourne Storm (10:30 BST)2.7521.001.66102%
Penrith Panthers v Sydney Roosters (10:30 BST)1.4821.003.00106%
Sunday 17 June 2007
Parramatta Eels v St G-Illawarra Dragons (05:00 BST)1.2526.004.50107%
Wests Tigers v Gold Coast Titans (06:00 BST)1.4023.003.40106%
Monday 18 June 2007
Newcastle Knights v Canberra Raiders (10:00 BST)1.6121.002.80103%

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) First thoughts... watch out on Melbourne price plummet to about $1.2 if news comes out officially that Thurston gets ruled out of clash at Dairy Farmers... have heard of it as a possibility on Sports Tonight... Likely will not be ruled on untill just before the game and it is just as likely that Thurston will play with injury however he surely can't be at his best and I am tempted... ah to the point that sporting bet have removed the market from their options... interesting... TAB has their price set as 1.53... ... I am going to leap out and take the 2.4 on offer at bet365 for Melbourne/Melbourne HT/FT as w/o Thurston NQLD is likely to crumble and lose something like 48-4... not saying lump it on them... but Melbourne are Favs anyway... the only thing to stop them is Thurston and if he goes... so will the flood gates... wrote a little more on my blog but much the same... same result anyway... ... The rain stopped midweek but the heavens have opened for the weekend and it is pouring down again tonight, set to do so all weekend.. so with all other games in sydney this weekend no bets for the other games...:ok

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June)

fair enough reasoning however the rain will surely effect this game... how much we shall see....
Any rain IMO will favour Brisbane. Bulldogs main threat is SBW and in slippery conditions his threat is nullified. Brisbane have big forwards who are less of the ball player type and more of the crash and bash variety which rain will favour. Also Dogs dropped Tonga for disciplinary reason and some debutant is up against Justin Hodges. The last time a newbie centre marked Hodges was against Penrith when Michael Jennings let Hodges score 4 tries.

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) Evening people. Apparently Manly are struggling with the flu and a tonne of players were in doubt this afternoon, couple that with the rain and I think Souths can keep this match close, especially with their defence. 1 Unit on Souths +11.5 As already stated the Bronco's backup great from Origin games and I think they can take the average Dogs, thinking the rain should keep this game close as well. 1 Unit on Broncos 1-12 1 Unit on Broncos +2.5

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) Unlucky on the 13+ Crouch I was fairly pissed that Souths didn't get within the 11.5, the Manly side were begging for Souths to score and reduce the margin but the Bunnies didn't have the composure to execute. Thought they were harshly done by when that try in the first half was denied for a forward pass, looked dead-set back/flat too me. Don't like too whinge when bets don't get up, but I thought Souths got the rough end of the stick. :(

Unlucky on the 13+ Crouch I was fairly pissed that Souths didn't get within the 11.5, the Manly side were begging for Souths to score and reduce the margin but the Bunnies didn't have the composure to execute. Thought they were harshly done by when that try in the first half was denied for a forward pass, looked dead-set back/flat too me. Don't like too whinge when bets don't get up, but I thought Souths got the rough end of the stick. :(
I agree dingotech. Definently thought Souths deserved more than the 2 points they scored for the night. Their defence in the second half was pretty impressive and 2 forward passes lead to dissallowed tries, definently thought the first was no problem at all. Souths wouldn't have lost too many fans out of that performance.

Hard luck on the 13= Crouch,but great call on the Broncos. Unlucky Dingotech,better luck today. Good Luck fellas.
Thanks Jumbo, didn't matter anyways, was ahead for the night with the broncos bets. You getting on anything this weekend champ. :dude

Hard luck on the 13= Crouch,but great call on the Broncos. Unlucky Dingotech,better luck today. Good Luck fellas.
Cheers guys on the commiserations. Late tries have cursed me of late so I'm due a favourable one. Very hard luck on Souths +11.5 too. With the game so wet this was a very smart bet and it's just a shame Souths couldn't have been the ones to score the late try. Not too much confirmed today but I am on the Cowboys at 2.42 and will also be on the Cowboys 13+. Cowboys have won the last 3 clashes at Dairy Farmers and I believe the Origin fatigue will more heavily effect the Storm than it will the Cowboys. Obviously I'll likely need Thurston to back up but if he does I think this'll be in with a shout. More later, gl all.

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) Incase Thurston does not play (Which I am not relying on as he is so key I cannot see him Not playing unless his hand has fallen off) I have put a 10er on Melbourne win 36+ @ 20ish... I fancy it greatly if thurston is out...

Thanks Jumbo, didn't matter anyways, was ahead for the night with the broncos bets. You getting on anything this weekend champ. :dude
Yeah mate as always,I had the Eagles 12 or less last night and i'm taking the Roosters to win against the Panthers tonight and also with the weather being shite in Sydney i've gone for the Sharkies by 12 or less as well.I have'nt even looked at the other games tomorrow yet and I ain't touching the Cowboys/Storm match,The Cowboys have a great record against the Storm in Townsville,so i'm keeping away. And in the Union i'll be on the All Blacks - 1000 against Canada,lol and The South Africans to beat Aussie by 13+(Sorry fellas) Good Luck with your selections fellas.:ok

Yeah mate as always,I had the Eagles 12 or less last night and i'm taking the Roosters to win against the Panthers tonight and also with the weather being shite in Sydney i've gone for the Sharkies by 12 or less as well.I have'nt even looked at the other games tomorrow yet and I ain't touching the Cowboys/Storm match,The Cowboys have a great record against the Storm in Townsville,so i'm keeping away. And in the Union i'll be on the All Blacks - 1000 against Canada,lol and The South Africans to beat Aussie by 13+(Sorry fellas) Good Luck with your selections fellas.:ok
I think most gave up on the wallabies a few years ago... i know i did...

Incase Thurston does not play (Which I am not relying on as he is so key I cannot see him Not playing unless his hand has fallen off) I have put a 10er on Melbourne win 36+ @ 20ish... I fancy it greatly if thurston is out...
Your joking right?

Your joking right?
lol not at all... i think outside the box... have u seen cowboys play recently... w/o thurston (and bowen i guess) they are cannon fodder... even with thurston on the field they do not show much... cronk is killing it... basically 1 unit is 1/5 of an average bet at 19/1 ill take the action... i mean did you see thurston and the bulldogs work together to beat the bulldogs the other week... there was no1 else helping... again probably bowen.... if cowboys - Thurston can get that many points scored against them by roosters... melbourne are a possibility of doing it... now they will not let in as many points as roosters did... and really at 19/1... I am only talking about a 5% at most chance.... so no i am not kidding...:ok

I think most gave up on the wallabies a few years ago... i know i did...
I would'nt write them off yet mate,they have the talent,they just can't put it together and age for some of the older players might hamper them,but stuff the Union this is the Greatest Game of All thread.AAArrrgggghhhhhhhh,RUGBY LEAGUE RULES ALL.:tongue2

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) Cronulla win by 13+ margin Cronulla have been playing well and it was a great defensive display to hold out the Dragons on Monday. Now they meet a poor Warriors side who really have only Price who can hold his head up high. While it has been raining pretty heavily for the last couple fo days, this should help the smaller and more mobile Cronulla forwards to cause plenty fo problems for the more lumbersome opponents, who have got no continuity or ball securoty whatsoever, and will be exposed more so in these slippery conditions I expect Kimmorley and Dykes to regularly send the Warriors pack around with well placed kicks and look for them to tire badly as they have done so during the year, in the second half. Cronulla will be too smart and consistent for them Panthers win by 1-12 margin Two very inconsistent sides meet after Penrith's poor loss to Souths while the Roosters walloped the Cowboys. However, the Cowboys were missing their State of Origin players and were easy picking for the Roosters who showed they can score. As for Penrith they couldn't control the ball in the conditions and played pretty badly compared to the good form they had prior to that game. I'm thinking that things will right itself and the form the two teams displayed will occur once again, that is, Penrith will spread the ball as they had and score some easy points against the poor defence of the Roosters while the Roosters will go back to committing mistakes that they used to do quite regularly. Only difference here is that they will also score a few tries as now they have that confidence of scoring quite a few last week. Panthers to win this by about a converted try with the added advantage of a home ground. Melb Storm win by 1-12 margin Both teams see their players return form State of Origin duty and you would expect that they would be pretty tired in the scond half. This is where you look to the depth of each side and where the Storm has the better players. The Storm are renowned for closely watching the opposition gun players as Thurston and Bowen, and i think they will have limited oportunitties to make a difference. Last weeks gutsy result by Storm means they can call on some good quality players to provide a spark if some of their stars fail to fire due to fatigue. You should see quite a bit of dummy half running in this game and Smith sees to be the best one to utilise this and take advantage of some tired Cowboys. Storm to win this by about 8 or 10 with Smith carrying over his good form for the Maroons being the main difference

Cronulla win by 13+ margin Cronulla have been playing well and it was a great defensive display to hold out the Dragons on Monday. Now they meet a poor Warriors side who really have only Price who can hold his head up high. While it has been raining pretty heavily for the last couple fo days, this should help the smaller and more mobile Cronulla forwards to cause plenty fo problems for the more lumbersome opponents, who have got no continuity or ball securoty whatsoever, and will be exposed more so in these slippery conditions I expect Kimmorley and Dykes to regularly send the Warriors pack around with well placed kicks and look for them to tire badly as they have done so during the year, in the second half. Cronulla will be too smart and consistent for them Panthers win by 1-12 margin Two very inconsistent sides meet after Penrith's poor loss to Souths while the Roosters walloped the Cowboys. However, the Cowboys were missing their State of Origin players and were easy picking for the Roosters who showed they can score. As for Penrith they couldn't control the ball in the conditions and played pretty badly compared to the good form they had prior to that game. I'm thinking that things will right itself and the form the two teams displayed will occur once again, that is, Penrith will spread the ball as they had and score some easy points against the poor defence of the Roosters while the Roosters will go back to committing mistakes that they used to do quite regularly. Only difference here is that they will also score a few tries as now they have that confidence of scoring quite a few last week. Panthers to win this by about a converted try with the added advantage of a home ground. Melb Storm win by 1-12 margin Both teams see their players return form State of Origin duty and you would expect that they would be pretty tired in the scond half. This is where you look to the depth of each side and where the Storm has the better players. The Storm are renowned for closely watching the opposition gun players as Thurston and Bowen, and i think they will have limited oportunitties to make a difference. Last weeks gutsy result by Storm means they can call on some good quality players to provide a spark if some of their stars fail to fire due to fatigue. You should see quite a bit of dummy half running in this game and Smith sees to be the best one to utilise this and take advantage of some tired Cowboys. Storm to win this by about 8 or 10 with Smith carrying over his good form for the Maroons being the main difference
Mate be careful on cronulla 13+ it is comming down in buket loads in syd... prob 100mm over night and it is gale type sht out there .... really harsh.... I wont be going out side today accept to go down to the pub to watch the game... and I am pretty hesitant about driving their...:ok

Re: NRL Rugby League- Round 14 (15-18 June) Agree with the Roosters pick. They have won the past 3 at CUA Stadium against Penrith and so odds of 3.00 are more than acceptable to me. For similar reasons it's why I have taken the Cowboys - They are 2.44 at home to a team they have a good record against when playing at DFS. That in itself represents value to me and hence why I've taken.

Makdaddy: i'm from sydney so i know how much it has been raining. Sharks just love the water and especially when they smell blood in it :rollin
my bad... i am just trying to help... guess i stik my nose in a little 2 much....