** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

£10 to £1 million???

NIGWAFC

Okay, bear with me. This may sound a bit foolish, but am thinking of attempting to make £1 million starting with just £10. Im looking for bets that are more or less nailed on. Okay I know the odds arent gonna be great, but if I work on average odds of about 1.75 then starting with just £10 it would take about 30 consecutive wins to come up trumps (no chance I hear you say!). However if each bet can be selective, with no time given as to when each bet is going to be made, with the emphasis being on a 'good bet' then maybe, just maybe, this may be feasible. Being more familiar with soccer than any other sport, I also want to stretch this out to other sports/events. I'll be scouring through all the posts on here in an attempt to identify what each and every bet will be. However this is also where any other input would be greatly appreciated. If you know an event/sport that is going to offer a 'good bet' then please let me know. I'll post each and every bet on here so folk can (amusingly) follow my progress. At the end of the day if it doesnt come off then so be it, but for starting with just £10 it'll be a laugh if nothing else (especially if it falls at the final hurdle!). Please post any suggestions below :ok

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Cheers. To be honest hadnt checked all the threads and it looks like this has already been attempted (see just a few threads down!). Didnt mean to nick anyones glory trail, but I s'pose it just goes to show how many folk are chasing that elusive rags to riches dream! As for as to when I'll bottle it Ive already decided that - theres no way Im gonna go for the 1 million - it just sounds good eh?. A more honest and probably reasonable target is to make enough to pay off the mortgage, which currently stands at 32k. By my estimates that makes a need of around 15 consecutive bets. I'll keep this thread going anyway, and having been scouring other threads along with current prices am considering the 1st bet being Malmo to beat Halmstad - though am just a bit wary of the draw. Have to be careful not to be too eager though, and may - for that reason - wait for something else to take my fancy.

Re: £10 to £1 million???

Okay' date=' have plumped for the 1st bet being FF Jaro to beat FC Viikingit @1.95. Good odds for a team playing a relatively poor one. Lets see...[/quote'] 2-0 :clap well done NIGWAFC excellent start strict discipline is what's required, dont bet for the sake of it, wait for the right bets to come along, even if that means waiting for some time(even weeks). at the end of it you will either be very happy and mortgage free or checking in to the local looney bin :lol GOOD LUCK :hope

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Yep a great start :nana - and totally agree about the selective bit, which is exactly what Im gonna try and do. I was also thinking last night as to just how selective I was gonna get, especially when/if I get to say 20k and am going for the final bet! Definite twitch time! With the good price/start I estimate I need another 13 correct to reach my target/dream. I'll scour round to see if theres anything going today, but reckon the chances of getting 2 correct in 2 days may be asking a bit. Must resist the temptation of doing this quickly, and ensure the correct bets are selected. Oh and a big thanks also to G:G whos excellent insight into the Scandinavian leagues helped get me off to a winning start :clap Dont forget if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations let me know.

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well Ive had a gander and to be honest nothing really takes my fancy, so its time to put that selective theory to the test and leave all alone. I was considering backing Dance Spirit @1.85 at Market Rasen 3:00 but not being a racing expert and having been unable to find much info on it have decided against. So unless someone persuades me otherwise in the next hour or so its time to check.

Well Ive had a gander and to be honest nothing really takes my fancy' date=' so its time to put that selective theory to the test and leave all alone. I was considering backing Dance Spirit @1.85 at Market Rasen 3:00 but not being a racing expert and having been unable to find much info on it have decided against. So unless someone persuades me otherwise in the next hour or so its time to check.[/quote'] Good decision not to bet on something you was not sure about..:ok As the horse got beat.:eek

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Okay next bet time. This time its tennis. This afternoon sees Fabrice Santoro play Kristof Vliegen in a 1st round match in the Ordina Open. Fabrice has already fallen from 1.62 favourite down to 1.53 and there are plenty of people jumping on him. Having checked his form hes certainly more consistent than Kristof, so albeit not exactly being a tennis expert, the form/guide/market is enough to tempt me. The odds of 1.53 arent perfect, but our 1st bet allows us to take a small drop below the 1.75 average we need. So all of £19.50 is going on @1.53 to return a possible £29.84. Fingers crossed :hope

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well, bit of a strange one yesterday. Fabrice retired in the 2nd set at 1-1 having lost the 1st 6-3. This effectively means the bet was void so the stake was returned, meaning the whole bet is still on. Close shave possibly but then again his retirement suggests he either got or was carrying an injury, which will also explain why he lost the last 3 games of the first set in quick succession. Anyway back to the drawing board and another search for bet number 2.......

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well, its tennis again. This afternoon in the Nottingham Open sees Robert Kendrick v Dmitry Tursunov. Dmitry is a clear favourite to win the game, and their rankings are 24th and 88th respectively - quite a gulf. The price of 1.4 for a straight forward Dmitry win is obviously a no-goer being nowhere near the 1.75 were looking for, but to win by 2 sets @1.8 is extremely attractive, and if Dmitry is going to win then its either gonna be 2-0 or 2-1 - why not 2-0 if hes such a favourite? Having checked a tennis punting website theres plenty of people lumping on this today, so I'll follow the trend also. £19.50 will return £35.10. Lets wait and see then eh - come on you Russky! Just as a seperate issue, I havent studied the form/results of similair matches hence am not too sure exactly how accurate tennis odds/prices are. I do recall however reading the tennis thread on here a number of months ago and reading of folk doing rather well with them, so at present Im tempted to take the chance. With it only being the 2nd bet and not a hefty stake Im prepared to chance it at this stage - had it been the latter rounds then I will definately have done more research. If it comes in then I reckon it may be well worth studying the tennis a bit further before progressing with more. ;)

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Result! Dmitry stormed the 1st set 6-1 and took the 2nd 6-4. :ok So thats now 2 out of 2 and Im now on the way to realising the dream! ;) The bank now stands at £35.10 and the search will start for bet no 3.

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Hey good idea, but maybe a little over ambitious? Good luck though. Will look out for your 'nailed' on bets as I may have a bit of them. In the last 14 days I have managed myself to get from £250 to £1390 which isnt bad at all!! averaging nearly £100 a day which would accumulate to £35,000 a year, however I was in loss from last season and still getting that back before I work out a strategy of what will be wanting to earn £400 a week.

Result! Dmitry stormed the 1st set 6-1 and took the 2nd 6-4. :ok So thats now 2 out of 2 and Im now on the way to realising the dream! ;) The bank now stands at £35.10 and the search will start for bet no 3.
:clap :clap Well Done.:ok Now stay focused:)

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Okay, I know this sounds as if Im being a bit eager jumping on another bet today, but I did notice this yesterday and was already thinking about it before yesterdays bet. In the cricket Hampshire play Warwickshire in some semi-final or other - and by all accounts Hampshire are bang in form. I missed the earlier price of 1.67 but have taken the current of 1.61 - the fall suggesting more folk are jumping on this as a lot of tipping sites has this as their 'bet of the day'. I was swayed finally by Kevshats excellent write up on the cricket thread which goes as ; "The Rose Bowl hosts the re-run of the 2005 final between Hampshire and Warwickshire. Hampshire ran out victors on that occasion so the Bears will be wanting revenge. Hampshire finished top of the South Conference while Warwickshire were 2nd in the North Conference. Hampshire welcome back Kevin Pietersen to their side. I would imagine he'll play at the expense of Michael Carberry although that's not confirmed yet. It's the last match of Stuart Clark's contract as he heads back to Australia after this game. He destroyed Surrey last week and he'll be looking to do the same to this Warwickshire batting lineup here. Alongside him with the ball is Mascarenhas who is as tight a bowler as you see and Tremlett who's hit a real purple patch of form. Stick Warne in too and you can see why Hampshire are in the semi finals. I'm still a bit concerned about Hampshire's lack of batting but Pietersen boosts that. Warwickshire must be confident coming into this match. They had the option of playing Ian Bell and chose not to. Weird decision that. However they've been scoring runs without him. Jon Trott and Tim Ambrose are in great touch and have carried the Bears this season. Kumar Sangakkara hasn't done much yet but he has the potential to win this game on his own. This is Dale Steyn's last game for the Edgbaston side and he'll want to end his spell with a bang. However his support with the ball is dodgy to say the least and at the Rose Bowl you need a good attack. Hampshire are the form side, the home side and the more aggressive side. Even as a Hampshire fan I see only one winner here and confidently predict the Hawks will be flying to Lords in August. " Kevs no mug and I know him from our footy tips (oh and also our poker haunts), and hes pretty clued up on his cricket, which when coupled with others recommendations all points to a 'sure' bet. The 1.61 is enough when balanced with the 2 bets already won and will return £21.60 so its fingers crossed time again. :hope Regarding the tennis (which Im becoming interestingly keen on as there cant be a draw result!) I actually drafted a whole list of games today. None of them though really stand out, and Ive decided to just check the results and see how many of them actually come in. Just for interest these would have been; Julien Benneteau to beat Robin Haase 2-0 @2.10 Dinara Safina to beat Michaella Krajicek @1.72 Nathalie Dechy to lose to Nadia Petrova 2-0 @2.10 Results later....... ;)

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well, barring a complete disaster bet number 3 is in! (infamous last words eh?). Must admit though I was a bit concerned at one point - Hants had drifted out to over 3, and Warwickshire were favourites to take it, with apparently Hants score of 206 being a low one (I aint no cricket expert so didnt know whether that were good or bad!). Anyway apparently Warne stole the show and bowled out their ace batsman - good old Aussies eh? So that'll put the bet on £56.51 after 3 rounds - a nice start indeed. The only other comment is, rather bemusingly, each and every one of the tennis 'nearly' bets came in - lol! :lol If only Id decided to stick em all on Id be up to the 7th bet and have a nice hefty balance of £428.65 :eek Ah well! Multi-betting though - even though it came in today - is one that Im trying to veer away from, as undoubtedly thats where the whole system would fall. So lets just put it down to a flash in the pan. Still interesting though that the tennis is throwing up some nice markets/prices - definately one to bear in mind for future bets and well worth some more insight into. Now whats bet number 4 gonna be????

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Okay, just spent ages writing up a full detail of bet number 4 only to see it vanish at the last second! Grrrrrr...hate it when that happens! :@ So just to let you know number 4 is Julien Benneateau to beat Michaael Berrer 2-0. Im not confident of this one to be honest, but lets wait and see. £56.51 @2.25 could return £127.15.

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well hes certainly doing this the hard way. In the 2nd set he lost his 2nd serve and was 4-2 down. Hes come back to break serve again to level to 4-4, and his next serve was 40-0 up then Berrer came back to level at deuce before Julien nicked it. Now 5-4 up - if he can nick Berrers laast serve its in the bag - apologies for the running commentary but this is rather exciting! oh and nerve wracking - god knows what I'll be like if this was one of the higher stakes! :rollin

Re: £10 to £1 million??? What a star! He broke his serve in the last game to steal the match!!!!! :nana :nana :nana Boy I dont fancy doing that again in a hurry - that was wwwwaaaaayyy too close! Good job Im away for a few days - it'll give me time to have a break and not go diving in again. So the dream lives on and were now up to £127.15 after 4 bets - woooohooo!!! :cow Catch you all next week - and dont forget if anyone has any suggestions give me a shout :ok