** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

£10 to £1 million???

NIGWAFC

Re: £10 to £1 million???

Cheers Aldric. I know what your saying Davydenko hasnt played a lot on grass. However he cant be ranked 4th for nothing and has won plenty of matches elsewhere, ie clay, etc. He only lost narrowly to Federer in the Roland Garros semi final earlier this month 7-5, 7-6, 7-6. His first round match saw him beat a 79th seed 3 sets to nil - tho granted these were close. As for Guccione yep, hes deffo a grass player having played most of his games on grass. However hardly any of these have been against any notable players. The game on Monday was against a British guy ranked 102nd winning 6-7, 4-6, 4-6 - I didnt catch it but it certainly doesnt suggest it was an oustanding performace - lets be honest any British guy would make him look good :ok At the end of the day Im banking on Davydenkos experience to see him through, hence my reasoning for the bet.
I shouldn't really comment on selections, you should see my performance recently :lol As I said good luck I hope you win but I don't see this as a 'banker', if this was on any other surface Davy would be 1.10 and that says a lot. :hope

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Well you werent wrong Aldric. Guccione stormed the 1st 2 sets :sad However a great come back from Davy boy as he took the next 3! :eek So were off again, with bet number 1 in. Heres hoping for another good run.....

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Okay I aint gonna give this up, so here goes with attempt number 3.... Now I know were not supposed to post after the result, but I chucked £5 (using a freebie bet) on DC United to beat Kansas on Wednesday night at a nice price of 3.1, which returned £20.50. As a result Im gonna chuck £20 on 2 games tonight. The first is Derry City to beat Sligo. Derry have had a bit of a bad run recently and are desperate to start winning again. They've recently appointed a new manager and the trend is such that their odds of a win tonight have dropped steadily, with a lot of folk predicting them to beat Sligo. Further investigation has revealed that Sligos keeper is a major doubt tonight, and that for me - along with Derry being the home team - has tempted me to back them. The 2nd is Sirius to beat Jonkopings at half and full time. Again their price has been falling rapidly, and G:Gs and FinLadias excellent write ups in the Swedish section makes Sirius more than tempting. I know these leagues can often throw up suprises but if were to get off the mark again were gonna have to take a risk or 2. Still early days for the bet, but a £20 stake would return £83.13. Not bad after 3 bets - if they come in that is :) Lets wait and see eh?. ps anyone catch in the Mirror ealier in the week about some bloke doing the same thing starting with £100 and won something like 115k after 14 consecutive wins - just shows its possible!

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Okay attempt number 4 :rollin ; Gonna be LASK Linz to beat FC Karnten in the Austrian league. Linz apparently stormed their division last season and were promoted to the top tier after an absence of about 8 years. Their opponents were sold over the summer and have lost half their squad, being replaced with players that were in the same division as LASK last year. With LASK also being the home team and a large crowd expected - with it being their first game back in the top league - a LASK win is sorely tempting. An early price of 2.0 was missed so have jumped on at 1.85. £10 returns a possible £18.50

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Yes, you are right semi - I hold my hands up and admit I have maybe been jumping the gun somewhat. But hey one can learn from ones mistakes! Anyway moving on, and albeit not wanting to miss a good 'safe' bet, reckon have a good un for number 2. Tomorrow sees Mexico take on the Argies in the Copa America. Argie are clear favourites for the game, but - as Brazil encountered the other night - a draw is also feasible, and the odds for a Argie win or a draw are extremely poor. However throw in to the equation that both the Argies and Mexico have been scoring goals for fun suggests that this game is going to throw up another few tasty shots or 2, and with neither being reknowned for the defensive qualities the offer of 1.7 for over 2.5 goals is a must. Im pretty confident on this one, hence am sticking my neck out and am gonna throw this one on. One final note is that Im - no matter how tempting - am gonna select no more than 1 bet on any given day. And as semi suggested, if it takes weeks before a tasty one comes up, then so be it!

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Next bet time, and its Halmstead to beat Orebo at 1.6. Quoting somebody in the know; "Halmstad won their last two games: 3-0 to Orebro away (8 Jul 07) after thrashing defending champs Elfsborg 3-0 on home turf on 3rd Jul 07, and seem to have regained their confidence after the disasstrous 2-0 away loss to Gefle. They are sitting 3rd in the league, one point behind Kalmar, and four pts from the top tabled Elfsborg. They are on form - 4-1-1 in the last six games played, and will see this as a must win vs poor Orebro. The visitors are desperate for pts being threatened by relegation but are winless in three, losing their last two: 2-0 away to Kalmar, before they were tharshed at home by 3-0 just last week even on their artificial pitch which has been a problem for many teams. Thus anything but a home win here will be a surprise, and I expect Halmstad to collect all pts on Monday" along with another that goes; "Halmstad is in a very good shape and has a really good record when they play in their own Stadium(5-1-0).Also,Erebro doesnt play well in the latest matches and lost the previous gave from Halmstad with 0-3 and when play out of their stadium Erebro has a no win( 0-3-3)" Sounds good enough to me!

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Hi NIGWAFC. I have been following your interesting thread.I think a good idea would be after your first couple of wins to keep £20 out of the bank,this would give you two fresh starts,but hopefully you might never need them.Then say,if you got upto £330,000 you could say,well I got £330,00 for nothing.

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Halmstad won 3-1 :clap Bank now £50.32 Oh and Paddy, nice idea. Though that would basically mean Id be taking one of my winning bets away (I think). As it is, I aint gonna miss £10 so am more than prepared to continue - if it takes me 20 attempts to succeed then yep, itd have cost me £200. Hmmm that sounds rather a lot now - I'll see how I go on and if I get to say attempt number 10 then may initiate your idea. Right now for the look out for bet number 4! Dont forget suggestions always welcome!

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Bet number 4 is Gent to beat AaB in the Intertoto later on today. A good right up from someone in the know has been stolen here; "Gent came this round with two victories against Cliftonville on the other hand Aalborg passed the previous round against Honka with away goal difference. Belgian team grows every year. They were a mediocre team few years ago but now they become an important team of the Belgium League. This year they made again good transfers and became stronger then last year. Team only has some problems at central defense position but I don’t think Aalborg threat them so much here. Unlike Gent, Aalborg squad is not as strong as last year. They hardly eliminate Honka in previous round where Honka didn’t take so much serious Intertoto games because of heavy fixture. Gent will be without suspended Christophe Gregoire and Djordje Svetlicic. On the other hand Aalborg side will miss injured keeper Karim Zaza. Suspended Martin Pedersen and Mattias Lindstrom are the other misses. Aalborg wasn’t enough satisfactory in previous round. Gent is a technical and good home team. I see value on home win here." Theres quite a few folk jumping on Gent, and although theres always a danger of a draw the above info has more than tempted me to jump on at a price of 1.7. So all of £50.32 will be on a Gent win. Fingers crossed time :hope

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Hmmmmmm...18 mins left and after being 1-0 up its now 1-1. Though the guy who equalised was immediately sent off for some bizzare reason - can they sneak the winner in the last quarter against 10 men???? Lets hope so....:hope

Re: £10 to £1 million??? Nice project! If you're lucky than your bank grow up in geometrical progression. This allows you to reach your goal - one million pounds. However, I hope you success your project and if it will be, than I will be in! :)

Re: £10 to £1 million??? yeh mate great dea, u have imspired me aswell, although i got my bank to 30 quid and got pinched by FCK in the danish league i have a figured a good way to increase the bank rapidly is to lay teams rather than back them. laying a team at 1.5ish gives a bet of 3/1 and we have both been betting long enough to realise now that 1.5 bets are not the dead certs we once thought they were good luck mate im gonna try ny own again, but yeah it is definitely possible, many moons ago i hit eight consecutive winners but those days dont seem to come along regularly anymore:rollin good luck :clap