** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Wsop 2007

Football-Tipper

2007 38th Annual World Series of Poker
spacer.gif
No-Limit Hold'em (Event 10)
Thu, 07 Jun 2007 14:55:29 Phil Hellmuth Eliminated Partho "Spiderman" Data raised to 10,000 from middle position. "No trick, I have to raise it" said Phil Hellmuth as he made it 25,000 from the small blind. Spiderman called. The flop was the 4d.gif3s.gif2s.gif. Hellmuth turned to Spiderman and said "Did you flop a set on me?" before betting 15,000. Spiderman immediately moved all in and Hellmuth started into one of his classic rants. "You go crazy with two fives? I haven't bet this much in this tournament in a single hand yet!" Hellmuth counted out his chips, shook his head and asked Spiderman "What do you have? Did you really go crazy? A-Q suited?" At this point, the player in the 4 seat called the clock on Hellmuth. The Poker Brat predictably went into a tirade. "How long have I taken? That's not right! Will you let me focus? You're abusing the clock, you'll get a 20 minute penalty if you do it again!" Hellmuth finally called and showed his signature hand, the 9c.gif9s.gif, while Spiderman turned over the Ac.gifJc.gif. The turn was a 5, making Spiderman's wheel. Hellmuth fell out of his chair and started rolling around on the ground. "Yes! Yes!" shouted Spiderman. "That stone cold idiot tried to bluff me!" moaned Hellmuth as he hit the rail. :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Re: Wsop 2007 Monnette Penalized for Ripping Up the Queen of Hearts John Monnette raised to 12,000, Justin Bonomo called from the small blind and the big blind called. The flop was the Ad.gifJd.gif2s.gif. Bonomo checked, the big blind checked, Monnette bet 22,500, Bonomo raised to 50,000, the big blind called, and Monnette moved all in for about 200,000 more. Bonomo called and the big blind called all in. Bonomo showed the Ac.gifQc.gif, the big blind held the As.gif3s.gif, and Monnette had them both dominated with his Ah.gifKh.gif. The turn was the Jh.gif, but the Qh.gif spiked on the river, giving Bonomo two pair. Monnette reached over and tore up the river queen as the pot was pushed to Bonomo. He was penalized for the act and must sit out 27 hands. After the hand, Bonomo was up to 470,500 and Monnette was left with 55,000. :lol

Re: Wsop 2007 So, is there a sliding scale of penalties for ripping up cards? 27 hands for the Queen of Hearts - say, 12 hands for the 3 of clubs, but 50 hands for the Ace of Spades? Good to see Hellmuth losing it - he truly is the unluckiest player in the world. To paraphrase the Poker Brat - "If luck wasn't involved, he'd win every time he played" :loon

Re: Wsop 2007 You should see his blog. This is what he wrote: I have decided that I will not write any more bad beats stories here. I am the best tournament Hold'em player in the world, and I do not think that anyone disputes this right now. So you can assume that I will have the best hand in the big pots over 80% of the time, that's just how I roll. No more bad beat stories this month.

Re: Wsop 2007

You should see his blog. This is what he wrote: I have decided that I will not write any more bad beats stories here. I am the best tournament Hold'em player in the world, and I do not think that anyone disputes this right now. So you can assume that I will have the best hand in the big pots over 80% of the time, that's just how I roll. No more bad beat stories this month.
.... classic.... I'm still in stitches over that Dan Neg blog post paradying the Phil man.... I think im gona go read that again now....:ok If u havnt read it... do it!!!!! Here it is: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1175444378&archive=&start_from=&ucat=& Then read the original (hardly as funny but still nice): http://www.philhellmuth.com/phil-hellmuth-poker-blog.html?id=1758