** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Bowles Summer Flat system - ENDED 31st July +10.74% Yield

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system Monday - quite a few on day 1. Thirsk 6.15 Secret meaning Thirsk 6.45 Champain Sands Leicester 5.00 Monashee River Carlisle 3.20 Snow dancer Carlisle 4.20 Darcys pride & Mangano Windsor 7.30 Matuza Windsor 9.00 Pocketwood (likely NR)

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system The 'quick returners' angle is well publicised in several different systems, Bowles. I'd be interested to know if you were able to get on at reasonable prices with this system last year. I use a similar version myself but the market seems to gobble up most qualifiers.

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system I pay attention to anythng returning quickly in handicaps which won or was placed in a handicap within 3 days and not up in class and less then 6/1 . Not a system for me but horses that may provide a bet. GL

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system

Monday - quite a few on day 1. Thirsk 6.15 Secret meaning Thirsk 6.45 Champain Sands Leicester 5.00 Monashee River Carlisle 3.20 Snow dancer Carlisle 4.20 Darcys pride & Mangano Windsor 7.30 Matuza Windsor 9.00 Pocketwood (likely NR)
2 n/r's and a 7/2 winner, with tonight still to run, Good Luck mate.:hope

Monday - quite a few on day 1. Thirsk 6.15 Secret meaning 2nd 10/3 Thirsk 6.45 Champain Sands Unpl 6/1 Leicester 5.00 Monashee River NR Carlisle 3.20 Snow dancer NR Carlisle 4.20 Darcys pride 1st 7/2 & Mangano Unpl 11/1 Windsor 7.30 Matuza Unpl 11/2 Windsor 9.00 Pocketwood (likely NR)NR
Thank you for the interest guys. By the way, for the purpose of the system i only do SP. 3 NR's & 1 winner 50pts staked 45pts returned Bets 5 Wins 1 P/l -5pts

Date Horse Race typeTime/MtgPriceResultProfit/Loss
05.06.07Vegas BoysHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Mistral SkyHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Joy and painHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Bens GeorgieHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07NapoletanoHandicap4.45 Ling
05.06.07Gigs MagicHandicap3.00 Ripon
tuesdays selections:ok

Hey bowles Hope this is successful for you again this year. Just noticed the site in your sig - who else is involved with the site? anyone we know?
Cheers Norfolk havent heard from you in a long time! The site is just a few mates but i do all the admin now & my alterego Bowles10 has now joined the tipsters!

Date Horse Race typeTime/MtgPriceResultProfit/Loss
05.06.07Vegas BoysHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Mistral SkyHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Joy and painHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07Bens GeorgieHandicap3.45 Ling
05.06.07NapoletanoHandicap4.45 Ling
05.06.07Gigs MagicHandicap3.00 Ripon
tuesdays selections:ok
Vegas Boys won the 3.45 @ 10/3 :D Napoletano was 3rd @ 5/1 Gigs Magic was 3rd @ 5/2 60pts staked today 43.33pts returned p/l -16.67pts overall 110pts staked 88.33pts returned Bets 11 Wins 2 P/l -21,67pts

No selections today, Thursdays qualifiers Strike Force - Claimer Hamilton 3.00 unpl 9/2 Prigsnov Dancer - Claimer Haydock 2.20 2nd 11/4 Effective - Handicap Haydock 3.25 3rd 7/1
2 places today overall 140pts staked 88.33pts returned Bets 14 Wins 2 P/l -51,67pts

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system Bowles 10, I reckon the quick returners' system you have put forward takes advantage of one of the few trends that has worked well year after year in recent years.I assume you have already played around on AM's site to back-check it. Another general trend that is worth cashing in on is backing bottom weights in handicap chases and selling handicap hurdles. I feel that it's important to back horses as above that are not in the first 2 or 3 in the betting and are at odds > 10/1 tissue price.By doing so one can often obtain real value,ie prices 5 pts better,especially for runners from small yards. But the negative side is the long losing runs.If you have the patience and the bank to withstand them,you can bash the bookie,even when the ROI at SP is quite a few points below 100. Having said that,good luck with your system! When trying to filter to increase the ROI,I've found it's a risky thing to do. But there is no filter for a runner's non-preferred going.I have a strong feeling that such a filter would be a good one to increase the ROI,but I cannot PROVE that!

Re: Bowles Summer Flat system WAGERINGWAR, Your blog is inaccessible here on the Chinese mainland. I doubt that you knew that before!So are the BBC WORLD SERVICE WEBSITES,BUT THE BEEB DOESN'T GIVE A FERK! I'm interested to know where the quick returner trend is mentioned on the net. But your blog is blocked here!So play the white man and e-mail me at [email protected] ,which isn't blocked YET! By the way,flatstats and jumpstats have introduced their 403 error shit to stop me accessing their sites.Maybe they think I'm in the Chinese Mafia!Far from it,my English is too good. So much for ferkin human rights.Many people back home don't give a toss about them.Hopefully you are not one of them! Mr BOWLES,do you give a ferk?I FERKIN DON'T!

Undauntedtrier, i will drop you a line when i get the chance! Todays qualifiers 8.25 Lingfield MATTEROFACT 1st 5/4:nana 5.25 Musselburgh ROYAL DIGNITARY 3rd 4/1 & H HARRISON 1st 7/1 :nana 6.30 Newbury TIZZY MAY 2nd 3/1
not a bad day today:ok

WAGERINGWAR, Your blog is inaccessible here on the Chinese mainland...I'm interested to know where the quick returner trend is mentioned on the net.
Thanks, you've made my day. I've never been banned anywhere before. Most of the 'quick returners' stuff I've read about has been off-line but it is amazing how many ordinary-looking systems I've seen whose results improve significantly when you apply them purely to horses that previously raced within the last seven days, so it is a powerful filter. Here are two basic propositions to get you started, although the first will depend on whatever calibre of racing journalsim you get in China. 1. Horse lto no more than five days ago; finished in top three and is top-rated in racing press for today's race. OR 2. Multiply number of days since the horse's last race by the number of its last finishing position (eg horse finished second lto, two days ago; 2 x 2 = 4). If total is four or less, then horse is a bet. The only trouble, though is that everyone is onto the quick returners angle now, so prices aren't great. Incidentally, the interval since a horses's last race may not be a purely arbitrary figure. I once heard Richard Pitman say that horses stay loose for two to three days after their last race but begin to stiffen up after that. So while the racing publications tend to highlight 'quick returners' as being any horse that raced within the last seven days, I'm wary of anything that's run six or seven days ago.