** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Good reviews jumbo, i might have a small punt on a Panthers win. I read Manly dont have a good away record underlights, while Steve Menzies is not playing & will be back after the bye against souths. I just feel the unpredictable Panthers can pull a rabbit out off the hat like they did against the Cowboys. The #7 is on the line for NSW so im expecting a blinder by one or both players. I would've prefered the line if at +8.5 for panthers but its shorter so ill take a punt at a Panthers win. GL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Like both of the previews jumbo :ok Brisbane by 30+ margin @ 3.10 (NSW TAB) The Broncos look like they are back to the their best when they flogged an understrength Newcastle side while the Dragons were well beaten by the Raiders. While being at home may help, the Dragons have too many injuries and out of form players to put up an effective resistance to the Broncos. This should be a demolition. Manly win by 1-12 margin @ 3.10 (NSW TAB) Manly are flying high and deserve to be where they are while Penrith are down near the bottom. While on paper you would think Manly stroll this one in, they tend to struggle when they come out to Penrith. 5 of the last 6 games between the two teams were won by the home team and Manly won here last year by 29-22. I expect this to be a close game as Elliott loves giving it to the top teams and he will fire up Pritchard, Clinton and co in front of their home crowd. While Manly should win i can't see a blowout as the Panthers will give them a run for thier money.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Ok I'm on Brisbane -8.5 @ 1.48, albeit at a short line because I feel it's a strong strong bet Brisbane to Score 51+ pts @ 11.00 Panthers to win @ 2.55 As always I've got a couple of tryscorer bets, with Stagg for first @ $29s and Carlaw for last @ $61s. I know you can't have serious bets on tryscorers but when I first started betting I always used to do these bets for little amounts and had some fun times. It's not overly profitable and can be a bit variable but all I need is a couple of successes like Inglis and Hayne last week and I've pretty much covered myself for a couple of months. Good luck all

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Also got to say that we (Brisbane) have signed up Panthers players Peter Wallace and Joel Clinton. They are a couple of good pick ups but I do feel the signing of Clinton perhaps indicates that Petero Civoniceva is on his way to England, which is going to be pretty disappointing.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

Ok I'm on Brisbane -8.5 @ 1.48, albeit at a short line because I feel it's a strong strong bet Brisbane to Score 51+ pts @ 11.00 Panthers to win @ 2.55 As always I've got a couple of tryscorer bets, with Stagg for first @ $29s and Carlaw for last @ $61s. I know you can't have serious bets on tryscorers but when I first started betting I always used to do these bets for little amounts and had some fun times. It's not overly profitable and can be a bit variable but all I need is a couple of successes like Inglis and Hayne last week and I've pretty much covered myself for a couple of months. Good luck all
Don't give up on the First tryscorer bets bro,you were on fire last week and I'm even starting to follow you on them,nice work brother.:ok Thats very sad about Petro mate,very sad.Maybe he should come over here,we already have the oldest forward pack in the comp.lol

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Best of luck everybody.:ok I'm off to play the drums instead of me guitar for me band,tonight, we are playing at a Club in Auckland,I won't say where,but if you like Metallica,Motorhead,Maiden and AC DC then come down,check the gig guides in Auckland for tonight and look for all the above bands mentioned,we are doing covers tonight,we start at 10pm so i'm off to sound check,best of luck with your bets. Rock on Brothers.:drums :beer :beer :beer :beer :dude :dude :dude ,thats how my night should go.

i'm with the potato .......Penrith to beat manly at 2.75 by the way, how often do you see a line Bris -14.0 at 1.85 ? how many times would you see it in a season??
Good Luck QuietLife. You don't see that line much anymore,but it used to be alot for the Broncos,Enjoy your bets mate.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Good luck again y'all. Brisbane -14 isn't a line you will see too often but last year to see the Dragons +14 would be unthinkable. Funny season this one. Anyway a bit of news, for the Dragons Ryles has come in and Cooper is out. I think Lulla for Cooper and Ryles for Wicks. EDIT: Cooper not out, wrong info

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Some late changes for Manly, Steve Matai & Tavis Burns both out .. apparently a virus has affected a few players in the Sea Eagles this week .. leant on the Panthers before hearing this, now I'll play them ... Penrith +6 vs Manly gl

Some late changes for Manly, Steve Matai & Tavis Burns both out .. apparently a virus has affected a few players in the Sea Eagles this week .. leant on the Panthers before hearing this, now I'll play them ... Penrith +6 vs Manly gl
win :cheers On a not so savoury note, the performance of Brisbane tonight ... In the 20 years I've supported this club, tonight's loss is going to rank right down there with the worst ... :zzz At 4-8 with two-thirds of the Origin series left to play and having been on the recieving end of the upset of the season, I think it's fair to say their premiership campaign, if not their top eight hopes, are dead and buried ....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Don't you hate late changes,and don't you hate losing money even more?? I lost a bit last night,but thats the perils of the job,I know it but it does;'nt make it any better,sorry to all for those schockers. I'm not really on the League today as I can see far more value in the Union today,well I am on one match,but if you want to have some fun and you live in NZ or Aussie,go to betshoot for a full day of betting on Rugby Union internationals,but I will have a look at all the NRL matches for today,just for all you looking for a bet,so here we go.... Roosters vs Knights As the game last night showed us all,there are no certainties in the NRL and this match is alot the same,the Roosters did great to beat the Sharks in Golden point last week and the Knights ,well we all know what happened to them. The Roosters are starting to find their feet again,or certain players are anyway,Mini,Fitzgibbon and Wing imparticular,but as we saw from Soward last weekend for the Roosters and last night for the Dragons he had a major influence in both those matches and he is not there tonight for the Roosters.They stil should get the dough here tonight,but I would'nt expect a 60 point hiding this week. No side in the NRL likes to be beaten and to get flogged is even worse,I doubt we will see that happen tonight,these players are very good and will really try hard to not let themselves be on the end of another flogging tonight.Although with all the troubles at the Knights it's still very hard to have much confidence in them,but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt,as I doubt the Knights will lose by a large margin tonight. The fact is in this league that anyone can beat anyone and it's harder now to tip with any certainty than every before,But I think the flogging given to the Knights last week is reason enough to look for a vastly better Knights performance todayThe Roosters may be playing better,but they are still not back to their best and i'll give this match to the Roosters but only by about 6,so.... Roosters by 12 points or less.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Melbourne vs South Sydney This is another game where I';m expecting it to be a lot closer than people think,the Storm lost by 1 last week,the Bunnies lost by 7 to the Titans,so what can we expect from these two sides tonight?? The Storm are almost unbeatable at home but they are short on players in the Forwards,or maybe I should say experience.Last week they started with Quinn in the second row,this week he is back out to the centres,but they are still without Crocker and Kafusi.The Storms real edge lies with their backline and their kicks to the wingers or Matt King to score their trys,they do it all the time and it works for them and with Folau marking Merritt you will see it again. I know I always give Souths the benefit of the doubt,but I see positives in them in every game I see them play,The Bunnies forwards will relish this crack at the Storm especially in the forwards,they get Peachy back and Williams is gone,but that could well help the bunnies as Williams as good as he is has been to hesitant this season and the Bunnies need to try something else.The Bunnies forwards are looking very strong at present and I can see them being in this match with the Storm for a long period of the match. While the Storms backline can't be faulted and should win the game for the Storm,I think the Bunnies forwards could well throw a spanner in the works for the Storms forwards.This Bunnies outfit have not been out played by anyone this season and I think it will be the same again tonight,not many give them a chance to often and yet they never lose by to many,they have only lost one match by 13+ this season and I don't think they'll lose by 13+ tonight either,so.... Storm by 12 points or less. Folau first tryscorer.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Cowboys vs Sharks. Now this is the game i'm very intrested in,there are alot of things to consider for individual players here in both sides,Gallen,Bird and Kimmorley who after last nights match by will really need to pull finger are all in contention for the Blues and what a side to be playing with Thrston and Webb who is asking to play tonight,this match will be good. The Cowboys have their worries,with a poor completion rate,bad error count,the worst missed tackle count,but they do have Bowen and Thurston and as we have seen that can be enough.This game will be very physical and I would expect not much between the two sides at the end of this one. The Sharks are missing Dykes and Thompson noe Dykes can be covered and rather well with Bird,but the real problem is Thompson,usually when they have moved Bird it has'nt meant to much as both Thompson and Gallen have been in the pack,but now Bird has moved and there is no Thompson to cover and his loss is very big,he does alot of work and will be missed. The Sharks usually go well against the Cowboys and I expect them to play well again today,but I also expect Thurston and Bowen to combine and win this match in a thriller,but this match will be well worth a watch as their are so many players in contention for Origin,The Sharks defence has been good but their attack very one dimensional,the Cowboys are the opposite,thier defence has been crap,but you can't fault their attack.I'm gonna side with the Cowboys here by about 6,so... Cowboys by 12 points or less. Good Luck to all for today.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Bad start to the wkend for me, i cant believe how one week brisbane can score 71 then turnaround and score 4. Fukn rigged IMO. Luckily i made someup on penrith. Im laying off the footy 2nite might look into some soccer bets.

Bad start to the wkend for me' date=' i cant believe how one week brisbane can score 71 then turnaround and score 4. Fukn rigged IMO. Luckily i made someup on penrith. Im laying off the footy 2nite might look into some soccer bets.[/quote'] ....nrl.... 1 week does not necessarily give reasoning 2 the next...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Sorry boys, i was out on the town last night celebrating my best mates birthday last night and didn't get anytime to do my own research this friday night. I started to hit the piss at around 1.pm and didn't stop until about 5.30 am this morning. I only remember seeing manly getting beat can't remember the score just that manly lost because it ruined my $200 manly 1-12. Now if you havn't noticed i'm a massive st.george fan, always have been,a lways will be till the day i die. Some of my happiest life memories is sitting on kogragh hill with my dad and my brother as a kid singing "Oh when the saints go marching in", as they ran onto the field every home game. Now when i made the biggest mistake of my life vs the Titans when for the first time in 2 years i backed agaisnt my mighty dragons and lost. I felt so bad inside the minute i made that bet and i still think about it everyday. Now at 4pm yesterday i entered a Sydney TAB in the city and backed the Eagles 1-12 and call it creepy or just my drunken mind state after i collected my ticket for my second bet DRAGONS 1-12 $200 @ 7.00 i felt this overwhelming shiver run up my spine and i thought to myself SydCitykid if i lose my measly 400 i don't care but atleast if i lose i can still live with myself. I just woke up can't remember anything about last night but i no i havn't seen the dragons result. I looked in my wallet and found my tab ticket withh 200 @ 7.00 Dragons 1-12 $1400 and laughed and flicked on foxsportsnews. Am i just realy drunk still or did st.goerge the team that had no hope beat Brisbane 11-4? I thought i was seeing things! I won't get to see a replay so can someone please tell me how the f%$k did saints win? Did SOWARD have a blinder? Did Brisbane just play like dogs? Or did my Dragons forward pack Muscle up? Please anybody fill me in! Thankyou and go those mighty saints!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) alright, I think the roosters will win vs the Knights but not by more than 12, so my bet will be Roosters 1-12 @ 3.25 Secondly I think +15.5 start to the bunnies is big value @ 1.90 Lastly i think the TITANS Hd2hd @ 1.50 Sorry no time to review i'm going back to bed for an hour. GL TONIGHT BOYS! _______________________________________________________________ Whats the point of having money, if you aint got any friends to share it with