** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

Friday 1 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Penrith Panthers v Manly Sea Eagles (10:30 BST)2.36 1.33118% Related markets...Match Result
St G-Illawarra Dragons v Brisbane Broncos (10:30 BST)2.90 1.23116% Related markets...Match Result
Saturday 2 June 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle Knights (08:30 BST)1.41 2.12119% Related markets...Match Result
Melbourne Storm v South Sydney Rabbitohs (10:30 BST)1.15 4.20111% Related markets...Match Result
North Qld Cowboys v Cronulla Sharks (10:30 BST)1.40 2.20117% Related markets...Match Result
Sunday 3 June 2007
Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders (05:00 BST)1.70 1.81115% Related markets...Match Result
NZ Warriors v Canterbury Bulldogs (05:00 BST)1.71 1.75116% Related markets...Match Result
Monday 4 June 2007
Wests Tigers v Parramatta Eels (10:00 BST)1.61 1.96114% Related markets...Match Result

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

Club

P

W

D

L

B

F

A

%

PTS

Sea Eagles

Storm

Wests Tigers

Cowboys

Sharks

Eels

Raiders

Knights

Rabbitohs

Warriors

Titans

Broncos

Panthers

Bulldogs

Dragons

Roosters

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Not sure what to make of everything but a couple of interesting things: The Knights look shot to bits, and I don't just mean the scoreline on the weekend. Clint Newton asked for a release as coach Brian Smith said he wasn't wanted next year and rumour has it that there's some unrest. Don't know if it's true or not but there you go. Also, Luke MacDougall has joined the knights and will play for them this week after being realsed by the Dragons. The Dragons have this week signed Jamie Soward from the Roosters. Ricky Williams has been told he's free to look elsewhere and as stated Luke MacDougall has been released. Soward is the 2nd halfback the Roosters have released in as many weeks after also releasing Josh Lewis. That really only leaves Mitchell Pearce to guide the Roosters' ship. Joe Williams has been dropped by Souths and will play Premier League. Not quite sure why I say this but I found it interesting. Onto the games and I'll keep an eye on the Broncos handicap. The Dragons are this week without Hornby, Ryles and Young as well as their other problems. Their team looks crap. Not based too much on form but I think there's a bit of golden point history between the Dogs and Warriors. I'll be speccing on that and with no Mason I see no reason why either team should be favoured with confidence.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) I'm only going to give a short run down of the games from last weekend,as it's to much to write,so heres a very quick rundown iof the games,with a short analysis by myself... Bulldogs vs Cowboys 4 Penalties 8 10 Scrums 8 23/38 61% Sets/Completions 24/44 55% 156/ 1485 Runs/Meters 183/ 1450 8 Line breaks 7 301 Tackles 225 40 Missed tackles 56 16 Offloads 15 16 Errors 16 Most tackles:Ryan 33 Most Hit ups:Patten 20 Line Breaks:Tonga 2 Off loads:Williams 5. Summary:Once again the Bulldogs flatter to decieve their supportters,they made more line breaks,less mised tackles,more offloads,more yardage and did better with their completions,and yet still lost the match.Very hard to pick up wexactly what the problem is for them,although Thurstons efforts could well have something to do with it,3 of the Cowboys trys came directly from Thurston giving the last pass. An intresting footnote though is that the Cowboys are top in the NRL for missed tackles per game and Faumauina is the Cowboys top offloader and he is now gone for the next 3 weeks due to suspension,another intresting note is that the 3 star players in the Cowboys in Thurston and B.Bowen and M.Bowen were responsible for 12 of the Cowboys errors.Those 3 players are responsible for more than half the Cowboys total errors this season. Raiders vs Dragons 10 Penalties 5 7 Scrums 10 34/49 69% Completions 19/37 59% 182/ 1518 Runs 152/ 1179 7 Line Breaks 4 308 Tackles 333 30 Miss Tackles 33 10 Offloads 10 17 Errors 17 Most Tackles:Ellis 41 Hit Ups:Tounge 17 Line breaks:Purtell 2 Offloads:Logan 5 Summary:The Dragons are going from bad to worse and very quickly,the Game itself was very even,but the Raiders made their line breaks pay,while the Dragons did nothing with theirs,both sides are bad with errors and missed tackles and those are stats that don't change for these two sides,the whole season they have been like that.Another intresting note here is that Ellis topped the tackle count and he was an interchange player.The Dragons have a few very good forwards but have no attack and it looks unlikely that they will fix those problems anytime soon.The Raiders on the other hand are making up for their errors with commited play and are really going well at present.Watch out Titans this week. Titans vs Souths 7 Penalties 5 6 Scrums 6 35/43 81% Completions 26/40 65% 162/1358mtrs Runs 157/ 1300mtrs 2 Line Breaks 3 302 Tackles 315 25 missed tackles 21 7 Offloads 4 9 Errors 9 Most tackles:Friend 39 Hit ups:Lafranchi 22 Line Breaks:Prince 2 Offloads:Lafranchi 2 Summary:A very even match all said and done,but the Titans completions won the match for them,the Titans also made hay from their offloads which lead to two trys.Total meters were very even,but once again the Bunnies lack of making good plays let them down again.Souths defence is still very solid but untill they can score points they will continuie to lose. Sharks vs Roosters 8 Penalties 8 9 Scrums 8 34/47 72% Completions 29/44 66% 179/ 1639mtrs Runs 188/ 1522mtrs 5 Linebreaks 2 359 Tackles 355 32 Missed tackles 37 9 offloads 14 17 Errors 17 Top Tackles:Fitzgibbon 51 Hit ups:Gallen 24 Line Breaks:Pommeroy 2 Offloads:Wing 3 Summary:The Sharks did everything but win in style,they had a better completions rate,missed less tackles,made more yardage,but errors cost them dearly,the Sharks make alot of yardage,but their offloads are pathetic,the 17 errors was the most for this Sharks side in a while,but thats no excuse,they had chance after chance to blow this game out of the water and yet did'nt.The Roosters are getting better,due mainly to Mini,Wing and Fitzgibbon,Anasta had 6 errors on the night almost half the entire error count for the Roosters.Both sides can only get better,the Sharks imparticular. Manly vs Melbourne 5 Penalties 2 5 Scrums 5 32/41 78% Completions 24/36 67% 184/ 1490mtrs Runs 169/ 1500mtrs 5 Linebreaks 3 325 Tackles 375 44 Missed tackles 36 9 Offloads 8 12 Errors 12 Tackles:Stewart 46 Hit Ups:Kite 24 Line breaks:Robertson 2 Off Loads:Matai 3 Summary:Manly should of won this match by more than 1 point,their completion rate was great but other areas really let them down and turned what should of been a comfatable win into a hard fought win.Melbourne did more with their possesion than Manly and made more ground with lees plays.The one area that won the game for Manly was their not giving away penalties,which they have been good at all season,they are the least penalised side in the nrl,which means no easy meters from penalties,so opposition must work their way down field with their 6 tackles.It should be said that if you look through the whole match,that the Storm deserved the win,but Manlys great control over their own penalty count,saved them,but only just. Panthers vs Tigers 4 Penalties 6 7 Scrums 8 26/37 70% Completions 31/40 78% 167/ 1500mtrs Runs 166/ 1420mtrs 7 Line Breaks 8 321 Tackles 299 38 Missed tackles 49 10 Offloads 14 12 errors 12 Tackles: Farah 44 Hit ups:Halatau 16 Line breaks:Jennings 2 Offloads:Fulton 4 Summary:This match was very even,with the real difference being Hodgsons field goal attempt,the Tigers missed 11 more tackles than the Panthers,but came up with 4 offloads more than the Panthers which helped them get over the line.An itresting note is that after the match Sheens was very upset with how the Tigers are playing,and so he should be,the Tigers while winning are allowing other sides into their matches,the Tigers look very good but they can seem to just go quiet in periods of their matches,however in the last 15mins of their matches the Tigers are the most dominant side in the entire league.Their match against the Eels this week should be a good one. Broncos vs Knights 3 Penalties 2 3 Scrums 5 35/42 83% Completions 18/26 69% 1917 Meters gained 983 15 Line breaks 2 200 Tackles 321 31 Missed tackles 55 23 Offloads 12 8 Errors 8 Tackles:Reynoldson 33 Hit Ups:Thorn 23 Linebreaks:Hunt 2 Offloads:Hunt 4 Summary:Not much to say here really,apart from the Broncos were great and the Knights were crap,watch out the Dragons this week,if the Broncos turn up it could well be a very simalar scoreline. Eels vs Warriors 7 Penalties 6 10 scrums 5 39/47 83% Completions 27/39 69% 195/ 1584mtrs Runs 141/ 1256mtrs 2 Linebreaks 1 286 Tackles 417 26 Missed tackles 45 11 Offloads 5 9 Errors 16 Tackles:Luck 49 Hit Ups:Hindmarsh 18 Line breaks: Burt 2 Offloads:Riddell 3 Summary:Forget the scoreline for a second and look at the game itself,the Eels had a fantastic completion rate at 83%,they made more than 300 extra meters than the Warriors and made 131 less tackles than the Warriors,the Eels made 6 more offloads than the Warriors and the Warriors made 7 more errors than the Eels.Considering the errors all 5 that lead directly to Eels trys and this match should of been an absoloute flogging by the Eels and yet it was'nt.The errors are the main difference as that is where the Eels trys came from,like I have been saying not many sides can make as many tackles as the warriors and still be in matches,the scoreline flatters the Eels,but what it also says is that the Warriors scramble very well,but in attack they are pathtic.The Eels could well get shown up big time against the Tigers this week. Thats not all of it,but it's as much as i'm prepared to write,a few of the games were very equal,while a few were very one sided,in 3 games the team whose stats were the worst actually won,there are a few good looks this weekend and i'll be keeping my eyes open for the odds in a couple of matches namely Broncos/Dragons,Eels/Tigers and Titans/Raiders. I hope some of you find this a good read and should give you all a guideline of thisd weeks comming action.I have been doing this for a while now and find that if you treat this like a job,you will profit,if you do it for fun,then you will get a few lucky calls,but mostly you will fail,do your home work people and lets make some money this weekend.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Thanks for sharing that with us jumbo, how long does it take to go through all the stats etc ? So do you base your judgement on the previous game stats, compare strengths/weakness, wait for gameday info etc... then make your prediction for the following week ? If i comapre Broncos/Dragons stats from last week, it should tell me to pick Brisbane this week. But i know there is more to it ...

Not sure what to make of everything but a couple of interesting things: Onto the games and I'll keep an eye on the Broncos handicap. The Dragons are this week without Hornby, Ryles and Young as well as their other problems. Their team looks crap. Not based too much on form but I think there's a bit of golden point history between the Dogs and Warriors. I'll be speccing on that and with no Mason I see no reason why either team should be favoured with confidence.
Crouch, they're giving Brisbane -8.5. Cronulla 2.65 is good value, i expect the sharks to bounce back from roosters loss.

Thanks for sharing that with us jumbo, how long does it take to go through all the stats etc ? So do you base your judgement on the previous game stats, compare strengths/weakness, wait for gameday info etc... then make your prediction for the following week ? If i comapre Broncos/Dragons stats from last week, it should tell me to pick Brisbane this week. But i know there is more to it ...
Sweet as Bozz,It does'nt take long at all really,especially now after all this time,I pretty much know what i'm looking for and what helps and what does'nt. Everything you mentioned is correct,apart from I take their last 3 games and compare them against each others strenghts and weakness and then wait for team news and see whos in and whos out. Something I did'nt mention but I will now is that the Broncos may of flogged the Knights but in the first half,when poseesion was fairly equal the Knights cracked open the Broncos on 4 occasions down the right hand side,which is where the Broncos have conceeded a fair few points this season,also Tate had a good game but also came up with 3 errors,which is his average for the season,so he's not getting any better. The -8.5 on the Broncos looks pretty safe,as the Dragons from reports are really undermanned for this match,but you had better get in quick as by game time that will of blown out to maybe 10 or 12.

Crouch, they're giving Brisbane -8.5. Cronulla 2.65 is good value, i expect the sharks to bounce back from roosters loss.
And that 2.65 on the Sharks looks like gold:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) After going and having a look at the team sheets for the Dragons/Broncos,get in early on the 8.5 as the heavy hitters will soon attack that heavily,the dragons are missing Ryles,Hornby,Young,Head and their backline consists of teenagers apart from Cooper,their halves are a new pairing and won't be game ready and their forward pack looks decimated,the -8.5 is gold at present,you'd all better hurry up as i'm about to go and hit that line as soon as it's availible in the UK with 10k. I can honestly see this line going as high as 14,depending on how much the heavy hitters put on it.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) You were spot on jumbo Brisbane line dropped to 1.70 & now its off the market. It will prob jump from -8.5 to 10 or 12. lucky i jumped in early but there is no guarantee. Even the parra line is down to 1.80

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Yeah mate,but it did'nt take a brain surgeon to work that one out,the Dragons are looking very weak for this match,I would allow the linbe to go as far as 14.5 but any higher and it's a risk,it will be intresting to see what Crouch thinks about the line,myself I will allow 15 at the most,but anymore and it might be a no play.I'm like you Bozz,I got in early on the 8 with 5k,so that has'nt helped the line for others,but thats the perils of punting,get in quick and feel safe or take your chances once the rest of the world wakes up to it. Thats what I mean about treating it like a job,watch the lines,watch the money and decide quick.treat it like a hobby and the best odds are already gone. I doubt whether the line will go above 15,so it should still be safe,I can't see the Dragons getting within 18 of the Broncos,or at least 3 trys.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Bugger. Really annoyed I missed that line, wasn't home so couldn't snap it up. Damn :( On other news Brent Tate has signed a 3yr deal for the Warriors worth 400k a season. Not disappointed to see him leave though and frankly the Warriors have lost the plot if they think Tate is worth 400k.

Bugger. Really annoyed I missed that line, wasn't home so couldn't snap it up. Damn :( On other news Brent Tate has signed a 3yr deal for the Warriors worth 400k a season. Not disappointed to see him leave though and frankly the Warriors have lost the plot if they think Tate is worth 400k.
Tell me about it,we need a playmaker not a centre,very strange buy there.:eek

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Any thoughts on how much YOU would let the line on the Dragons/Broncos go out bro? I'm of the opinion that even 16 could well be safe,the Dragons are decimated and look to be easy pickings for the Broncos. It's even worse for us tipsters though as by kickoff the line will be so big that I don't know if i'd tip on it or not, I've said on Betshoot to get in as soon as the odds are released in the UK but the line will be at 14 by then,I thiunk thats still decent as the Broncos should really roll what looks to be an almost reserve grade side for the Dragons. I'm glad I backed my gut and jumped on the -8 but that line was set so low,it amased me,hard luck bro on missing out on that line,but I still see some value up to 16 at least.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) At -8 it was definitely a bit of a lock. -14 and I think you've got a bit of a marginal edge but -18 or longer and I think it's pretty much a fair line. Brisbane will definitely win but at some point the game might just break down and I'm not too sure tbh when that point might be. I'll have some more thoughts tomorrow hopefully.

Any thoughts on how much YOU would let the line on the Dragons/Broncos go out bro? I'm of the opinion that even 16 could well be safe,the Dragons are decimated and look to be easy pickings for the Broncos. It's even worse for us tipsters though as by kickoff the line will be so big that I don't know if i'd tip on it or not, I've said on Betshoot to get in as soon as the odds are released in the UK but the line will be at 14 by then,I thiunk thats still decent as the Broncos should really roll what looks to be an almost reserve grade side for the Dragons. I'm glad I backed my gut and jumped on the -8 but that line was set so low,it amased me,hard luck bro on missing out on that line,but I still see some value up to 16 at least.
Jumbo, just read your thoughts on Dragons/Broncos game on Betshoot web site and you have the game at WIN stadium when they are playing at OKI jubilee stadium.

Jumbo' date=' just read your thoughts on Dragons/Broncos game on Betshoot web site and you have the game at WIN stadium when they are playing at OKI jubilee stadium.[/quote'] Thanks for the correction Pete,what can I* say,I was just trying to hurry before the line went out even more,although the line seems to of stopped at 12.5 now,I'll try harder to pay more attention to what I write,I douybt the venue will make any difference at all though,but you were correct to say something about it to me,Thanks mate.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Want to see why the odds jumped out so fast yesterday on the Broncos?? Heres some bets that were laid in the space of 2 hours... 20,000 on Broncos -8.5 @ 1.90 15,000 on Broncos - 8.5 @ 1.85 11,000 on Broncos -8.5 @ 1.90 7,000 on Broncos -8.5 @ 1.75 7,000 on Broncos - 8.5 @ 1.70 6,000 on Broncos -8.5 @ 1.70 5,000 on Broncos 13+ @ $2 3,500 on Broncos - 8.5 @ 1.80 So as you can see the bookies had no choice but to lower the price and up the spread.Alot of money on the Broncos there,mine included.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) good luck to them jumbo here tate signed for warriors, vatuvei was dropped for crockett if you gonna have a punt on soccer euro qualifiers, take croatia to beat estonia 1.45 (the later have 0 points gd 0-10) while croatia 1st, have england, israel, russia & maco right behind them (im croat myself so ill get some team info later)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) I'll keep my eyes open for it,thanks mate. Yeah Bozz mate,the Warriors brought Tate,a decent buy really,but we need a playmaker not a centre,but you never know,. Tates married to a Maori Girl so he can't be that bad,he'll be one of the bro's around here.lol

Thanks for the correction Pete' date='what can I* say,I was just trying to hurry before the line went out even more,although the line seems to of stopped at 12.5 now,I'll try harder to pay more attention to what I write,I douybt the venue will make any difference at all though,but you were correct to say something about it to me,Thanks mate.[/quote'] I think that by playing at Oki it makes the Broncos an even better bet as the Dragons have a very good home record at Win stadium. Keep up the good work Jumbo.:clap

good luck to them jumbo here tate signed for warriors, vatuvei was dropped for crockett if you gonna have a punt on soccer euro qualifiers, take croatia to beat estonia 1.45 (the later have 0 points gd 0-10) while croatia 1st, have england, israel, russia & maco right behind them (im croat myself so ill get some team info later)
the vatreni look good things in the soccer. i think they win by at least two bozz :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) The vatreni sure do, they have a good coaching staff in bilic, asanovic & prosinecki & a good blend of youth & experience. Cro should put them away, at least 2 goals sounds about right. :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) croatia sounds alright actually.. i wuld have got on broncos -8.5 but im not touchin them -13.5.. cant trust them after only 1 good win this season.. might consider the sportstab price of 1.50 for -8.5 liking the last 4 games as 1-12 for both teams, they shuld be close

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Another weekend of the NRL,lets start... St George vs Brisbane I have'nt got tomuch to say on this match,you all know where I stand on this match and it's with the Broncos by plenty. The Dragons are missing so many good players at the moment and to make it worse the majority of the Dragons players missing are their playmakers and influential forwards,their backline consists of Juniors really and their forward pack which still has Woolford,Creagh and Poore is missing some of their main meter eaters,I give the Dragons little hope here tonight and if the Dragons do the unthinkable and win here,it would be classed as one of the greatest efforts ever for the Mighty Red and Whites. i have been very critical of the Broncos this year,and have bet against them more this year than any other,but their last 3 outtings have been better,they beat the Knights a few rounds ago now,were very competitive against the Sea Eagles without their Origin stars and last week devoured the Knights,also add in that 7 of these players were involed in a win for Queensland and this Broncos side are getting that winning feeling back again. Last week the Broncos played a Knights side berift of a couple of Orign Players and they thumped them,this week they are playing a Dragons side with two new playmakers,4 frontline forwards out and a backline that consists of some very young talent.The Broncos have been trying harder in recent games and don't be to suprised if the Broncos rack up another 50 here tonight,I find it amusing that everyone was all over the Broncos last week and are finding reasons to not think the same will happen this weekend as this Dragons side is even more undermanned than the Knights were last week,another reason I find this amusing is bacause the Broncos home form has been very bad at home and better away from Suncorp. You go through these sides from top to bottom and the Broncos come out light years ahead of the Dragons,don't forget this is a Broncos side that has been losing and now are winning whether it be for Queensland or the Broncos these players have not had that feeling for a while and I doubt very much that they will want to lose that feeling anytime soon,I'm looking for another strong showing from the Broncos tonight and will be very surprised if the Dragons get within 20 of the Broncos.Another thing I should add is that the Dragons backs are the least productive of any of the sides in their last 4 matches they have averaged as a backline less than 120 meters per game.Ashton Sims has been making more ground on his own and he's not even playing tonight. The Line on this match has gone out to 12 or 13 in some places and I would still advise to hit it,but the real bargains have already gone,so maybe out this match on the backburner and have a flutter on some excitement maybe,as their are some better bets this weekend than this one,so for some fun take... Broncos to win by 43+ @ $11 TAB(NZ)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Ah,I'm back from Boxing and ready for the next look.... Panthers vs Sea Eagles The Panthers won every aspect of their game against the Tigers last weekend except the place it matters on the scoreboard,the Eagles lost in most aspects of their match against the Storm but did what the Panthers could'nt and won their match,both sides had very hard matches last week and that could have some affect on this match. The Panthers had their chances last Sunday but failed to take them,they could of and should of been up at the break,but poor option taking let them down.The Panthers looked very beat up by the end of that match ,but their forwards are playing very well and will be a test for the Eagles tonight. The Eagles on the other hand had a very hard match against the Storm and I would expect some of the effort shown in that match to make the Eagles a tad bit lethargic tonight.The Eagles had to play very well last week and this match has danger written all over it for the Eagles,the Eagles are missing Rose who is actually a bit of a loss for them,he has been a great meter eater for the Eagles and his contribution will be missed against the Big forward pack of the Panthers,however theres news that the "Beaver" or Steve Menzies may return tonight and that is only good news for Eagles supporters. I think this match will be close,but i'm swinging in the Eagles favour here,they have a great defence and a very good discipline record so far,and they will need it to get the money here tonight.The panthers are worty of the upset here tonight,but the Eagles have a very good centres combination and the Panthers forwards in Pritchard and Puleatua will find that the second runner ploy will not be to effective against the Eagles centre pairring who are both very good defenders in Matai and Bell.But there are a couple of matches this weekend that hold a massive bearing for some players and this match is the first of those ones,Gower is still in contention for NSW with Kimmorley and Orford is also an outside chance,a big game from either of these players will serve them well in the selection stakes.But for me the real key to Manly is Watmough and Monaghan,these two players are very commited in their style of play and I think that these two players will be the saving grace for the Eagles tonight.Expect a slow start by the Eagles and then a big effort in the second half to get them home,Just. Manly by 12 points or less or Panthers + 7.0,depending on who you support. Some excitement maybe..... Panthers/Eagles, ht/ft double. Pritchard to score anytime. Good Luck everybody,lets hope for another good weekend.