NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th)

Late to post but I'm on Newcastle +12.5 / Cowboys +12.5 - $1.82
win :cheers Wonderful effort from the Knights to win that game in Gosford ... Just shows how far a bit of courage and ticker can take a football team ... Brisbane Broncos, take note ... :spank

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Not big write ups for me today,as i'm crap at present and it's pissing me off,I got my mains in Cowboys 12 or less,so i'm very happy with that and the match was excellent,but for today just 3 short picks,with no explanation... Warriors 1-12 Steve Price to score at anytime And Raiders to win as the mains. Good Luck everyone,I'll be back tomorrow,but I'll promise you all a very big weekend next week.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) GL mate Im leaning toward the dogs 2dy after copping so much criticism during the week but nonetheless its a hard game to call. Might take the safe option with the dogs +2.5 as i feel it will be a close game. :hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) hi guys, ive been following your nrl thread for along time and ive got a querry so i've signed up. On friday i put 300 on broncos to finish in the top 8 at 1.53 and then that night they lost to the dragons, so im just wondering what your thoughts are on the broncos . you guys reckon they'll still make the 8 ? should i know put money on them to miss out on the 8 to cover it up ?

hi guys, ive been following your nrl thread for along time and ive got a querry so i've signed up. On friday i put 300 on broncos to finish in the top 8 at 1.53 and then that night they lost to the dragons, so im just wondering what your thoughts are on the broncos . you guys reckon they'll still make the 8 ? should i know put money on them to miss out on the 8 to cover it up ?
I think they'll make the eight ... A lot will depend on how they fare in their next five matches ... However I wouldn't hedge yet .. the books will be very cautious with Brisbane and even if they're in a situation where they need to win six or seven straight to make it, I still think the books will be loathe to write them off ... reckon if you play the waiting game on this and Brisbane continues to flounder, you'll get much better value on them to miss ...

thanks grip , but wat do u mean wait and get better value ? if i wait and broncos flounder, wouldnt i get lower odds and it wouldnt be as much value anymore ?
... he is saying that even if Broncos dont do so well this probably wont reflect in the odds... not straight away anyways so waiting for more info is the best course of action... bookies will always expect broncos 2 bounce back and will therefore hold the price up somewhat....:ok Cant help but back the eels 2night.... just look the better team IMO and have not lost 2 tigers @ telstra.... not high stakes but I am confident...:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Tigers vs Eels well what a disastarous weekend this week,hit the mains on Saturday,but everything else went pear shaped fast,lucky we dfon't have the draw on h2h in NZ so the Huddersfield match this morning was great,but hopefully we'll get some last second luck on the last match this weekend. Most of you would of already read my thoughts on Betshoot,but to say again,I like the Tigers tonight,they are playing smart football at present and playing to their strenghts,they do not have a massive forward pack,so they rely heavily on each other to do the little things correct to make the whole team look good.They have been the only side who in every match this year have been competitive. The Eels are playing well,but lets look at last weekends match against the Warriors,parra had more than 65% possesion and made less than 180 tackles than their opposition and they won by 30,yet you take away the 5 mistakes that led directly to trys and the Eels only scored 6 points and they had alot of ball in good places last week. Because this is an all Sydney match I'm prepared to say that the Eels will stay close to the Tigers and hold them close,the other reason i'm very keen on the Tigers is because Tim Sheens is still driving this side very hard,their isa no slaps on the back and he does'nt reward his players with light trainnings for wins,he instead tells them where they made errors and makes the Tigers train harder in these areas,their will be no hand shakes or pat on the backs for this side untill the real job is finished and thats in September.The Eels do have a strong side,but I still favour the Tigers to get the win by 4 point,so... Tigers by 12 points or less Good Luck everyone,next week should be a goody with all the changes and we should make some easy money. See you all then.

thanks grip , but wat do u mean wait and get better value ? if i wait and broncos flounder, wouldnt i get lower odds and it wouldnt be as much value anymore ?
I mean relative value ... In other words I think you'd still get a pretty good price on the "broncos to miss the top eight" prop even if / when they're in a situation where they need to win 6 or 7 straight ... books will be loathe to write brisbane off imo ..

... he is saying that even if Broncos dont do so well this probably wont reflect in the odds... not straight away anyways so waiting for more info is the best course of action... bookies will always expect broncos 2 bounce back and will therefore hold the price up somewhat....:ok Cant help but back the eels 2night.... just look the better team IMO and have not lost 2 tigers @ telstra.... not high stakes but I am confident...:ok
Yep & agree on the Eels ... think the Tigers' form might just have peaked, while the Eels are still on the up ... contrast in styles tonight - Eels packing a fair punch in the power stakes with their pack at present, while the Tigers are up-tempo ... Surely the absense of Marshall has to bite sooner or later ...

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Thats pathetic value on the Broncos,who are comming second last in the standings,even if they make the eight won't be in the four and they were beaten by a schoolboy side on Friday night,and they are going through Origin right now,$1.58 on the Broncos to make the eight,I'd put some money on the Broncos and I know this is a massive call,to NOT make the eight.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Eels -3.5 @ 2.10 Wests have won their last 6 games and are playing very well and especially consistently well. Parra have won their last 2 and 6 of their last 9, and like their opponents are coming with good form into this game. However one gets the feeling that the Eels are building momentum while the Tigers may have peaked and are due for a loss. The Eels have a strong pack and while the Tigers pack are not that bad either, the Eels pack has some good ball players and especially from their bench. The Tigers lose out with the absence of a creative player in Marshall and that takes away some of their spark while Burt has been in great form for the Eels. Also, the Eels have won the past 5 games over the Tigers and their last 3 clashes at Telstra. I think the Eels win a close one, by a try will be enough :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) Can't resist ... Lets see if the Eels can usher me across the finish line and into punting retirement .. am a whisker shy of the +$$$ goal I set myself 14 months ago and a win tonight can get me there .. would probably make more sense to back a 'shorty' and hit the target flush, but i'll stick with a standard play in the "bread and butter" $1.80 - $2.20 range ... Eels to beat Tigers - $1.83 good luck!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 12 (June 1st - 4th) ... bit silly of me to take overs in this match aswell.... while if Parra holds their lead I will still make a profit it will be comprimised by this secondary bet... it seems like everytime I take the over/under line when backing a team aswell I come out 2nd best... any1 have any thoughts on this type of hedge U/O bet? Its racking my brain whether or not I should abandon doing this at all....

Eels -3.5 @ 2.10 Wests have won their last 6 games and are playing very well and especially consistently well. Parra have won their last 2 and 6 of their last 9, and like their opponents are coming with good form into this game. However one gets the feeling that the Eels are building momentum while the Tigers may have peaked and are due for a loss. The Eels have a strong pack and while the Tigers pack are not that bad either, the Eels pack has some good ball players and especially from their bench. The Tigers lose out with the absence of a creative player in Marshall and that takes away some of their spark while Burt has been in great form for the Eels. Also, the Eels have won the past 5 games over the Tigers and their last 3 clashes at Telstra. I think the Eels win a close one, by a try will be enough :ok
Pretty much worked out as i saw it except it being a close game. Well done to all who backed the Eels. :ok

Can't resist ... Lets see if the Eels can usher me across the finish line and into punting retirement .. am a whisker shy of the +$$$ goal I set myself 14 months ago and a win tonight can get me there .. would probably make more sense to back a 'shorty' and hit the target flush, but i'll stick with a standard play in the "bread and butter" $1.80 - $2.20 range ... Eels to beat Tigers - $1.83 good luck!
win :cheers mission accomplished .... for now ;) Don't think I'll be able to stay away once NBL season rolls around though ... $$$$$