** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The Martingale Football System

Morris

http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20302 I was interested to read this article in the archive section and wanted to do another test of the system. I hope no one minds? I will be using basically the same principles as 'Football-Tipper' to draw differences and similarities between the 2. So it will be: A starting bank of £1550 and 5 bets. 50 100 200 400 800 I mostly try and bet on any football I can. I think the less you know about the 2 teams playing the easier it is to place a bet and win. But for this experiment I will be betting on all types of sport to try and give me a wide variety of value whilst betting. I will be mainly using Ladbrokes odds, and those will be the ones posted up here for all to see. So I will go off and search for 1st my bet until told otherwise, all comments and opinions are welcome.

Re: The Martingale Football System Welcome to PL, Lucky1. One question for a start - did you actually read the whole thread you highlighted? It was a loser in the end, btw. What also worries me is this statement: I think the less you know about the 2 teams playing the easier it is to place a bet and win. Might be I'm missing something, but this sounds a complete lottery when it comes to deciding on the bets to me. BTW (you might have found it in the original thread). Martingale is a loser. Full stop.

Re: The Martingale Football System Thanks for the :welcome . And... no money will be placed, just a test to show myself and other people what can happen? So I could actually change the 1550 pounds to points if that confuses anyone? Anyways I think I have decided on my first 'bet'. It is going to be a TENNIS tomorrow French Open. S Wawrinka to beat R Ramirez-Hidalgo at Evens. First bet 50. Potential Return 100.:ok

Welcome to PL, Lucky1. One question for a start - did you actually read the whole thread you highlighted? It was a loser in the end, btw. What also worries me is this statement: I think the less you know about the 2 teams playing the easier it is to place a bet and win. Might be I'm missing something, but this sounds a complete lottery when it comes to deciding on the bets to me. BTW (you might have found it in the original thread). Martingale is a loser. Full stop.
Yes I certainly did read the whole article and found it interesting. And yes, you could say lottery (Lucky1), but I do check up form guides and league positions etc. But It does make sense If you think about it. You are more likley to umm and arrr about teams you know in more detail due to their players etc, rather then if you have 2 teams you do not know much about. But, this is just my opinion, and I still bet on both familiar and non-familiar teams.

Re: The Martingale Football System Wawrinka won. But it was looking a bit ominous after he lost the first set 6-0. But then he came back to win in 5. Bet 2 - A Roddick vs I Andreev This is not Roddicks favourite suface, but with his serve and him actually being the no 3 seed for the tournament, he surley cant screw up in this 1st round match up. Bet - A Roddick to beat I Andreev @ 5/4 £50 Potential returns: £112.5 After the 1st bet Current bank - £1600 Profit - £50 Wins - 1 Losses - 0

Re: The Martingale Football System 'he surley cant screw up in this 1st round match up.' Well he did and now I am back to break even. Bet 3 - Derry City vs Waterford Waterford have not won away all season and only have 1 draw away. They concede an average of 2 when they go away also only score 0.25 on average. Derry seem to be better and are higher in the league - thats good enough for me :ok . Bet - Derry City to win HT/FT - 1/1 - £100 Potential Returns - £200 After the second bet Current bank £1550 Profit £0 Won -1 Lost - 1

Re: The Martingale Football System I'm just wondering why your first bet is £50? I mean if anybody is seriously considering doing a martingale style system I would recommend starting at a minimum bet. At uni I did see a friend make a slow and steady profit using the martingale system, he did it on horse racing, backing the favouite in each race (providing the odds were around 7/4 or better) but his first bet was only 10p!!! so he went: 10 20 40 80 £1.60 £3.20 £6.40 However I'm in no way endorsing the martingale system, I think its incredibly risky even at these stakes.

Re: The Martingale Football System Thanks for your :welcome and also Soloshchenko I am only doing this a test and generally following the same rules as 'Football Tipper' to see how it goes. If I ever considered using this system after this, then I obviously would do it to that minimum that you were talking about and not to this extent. Thanks for your concerns and your replies, but still this thread does seem a bit dead and insignificent so I might consider asking for it to be closed and carry out the testing offline. Thanks anyway :ok

Re: The Martingale Football System

Thanks for your :welcome and also Soloshchenko I am only doing this a test and generally following the same rules as 'Football Tipper' to see how it goes. If I ever considered using this system after this, then I obviously would do it to that minimum that you were talking about and not to this extent. Thanks for your concerns and your replies, but still this thread does seem a bit dead and insignificent so I might consider asking for it to be closed and carry out the testing offline. Thanks anyway :ok
Generally speaking mate, many punters just lurk around the boards without posting on here so even tho you might not get many replies, many will probably be watching as the martingale system normally generates a bit of interest (negative usually!). I'd like to see you do the test on here and I'm sure many others would be interested how you get on mate. As long as its a paper trail (and you've clearly stressed that) theres no harm in it. GL and I forgot to say before :welcome

Re: The Martingale Football System Thanks Soloshchenko, wished I has actually continued today, due to the fact I predicted a few good Tennis results. I guess I'll have to continue for my many watchers :tongue2 Anyways here I go... Derry City actually drew with Waterford, I dunno if that was an upset or not? lol. but that means I am losing ATM - exactly what everyone said nearer the start :clap Bet 4 Anaheim Ducks vs Ottawa Senators Though I would try my hand at some Ice Hockey, see how it goes. I hear that the Ducks are at a good value for a bet. Bet - Anaheim Ducks To Beat Ottawa Senators (60 mins only) 23/20 - £200 After the 3rd bet Current Back £1450 Profit -£100 Won - 1 Lost - 2

Re: The Martingale Football System sorry guys, systems and strategy is for serious stuff. Martingdale is trash, everyone knows it. i'm moving this to Glory Hunters where it belongs, by all means have fun, but remember the most dangerous feature of a martingdale is that can deliver profits for a while and look safe.

Re: The Martingale Football System ^^^^^^ Ok Cheers for that mate and thanks for the advice on the system :ok . Anaheim Ducks Won, which mean I am probably back to round about a tidy profit. Bet 5 France Youth vs Ivory Coast youth. I know France have some good youngsters so I though I would try and revert back to something which I know a little bit about. Bet - France Youth to be winning HT/FT - 11/10 - £50 After the 4th bet Current Bank £1880 Profit +£330 Won - 2 Lost - 2

Re: The Martingale Football System France youth won and so did that bet in the end, so I have won more than I have lost now :drums (3 to 2) woo! Bet 6 Cucuta Dep vs Boca Juniors Boca are a decent team in South America and qualified as higher seeds for the Copa Libertadores than Cucuta Deportivo, so look good value to win this match and take a lead into the second leg at home. Bet - Boca Juniors to beat Cucuta Deportivo - 10/13 - £50 After the 5th bet Current bank - £1985 Profit - £435 Won - 3 Lost - 2

Re: The Martingale Football System Cucuta Dep won in the end. 3-1. Bet 7 V William vs Jankovic Venus Williams is at good odds considering she is a class player, I think she has a good chance of beating her opponent, even though she is seeded higher than her. Bet - V Williams to beat Jankovic - 7/4 - £100 After the 6th bet Current Bank - £1935 Profit - £385

Re: The Martingale Football System Well Williams lost in 3 sets, meaning I am starting a bad losing streak. Bet 8 Tipsaravic vs Robredo Tipsaravic impressed when he knocked out Safin in the last round, and I think he can also cause the same sort of upset to Robredo today. Bet - Tipsaravic to beat Robredo 7/2 - £200 After the 7th bet Current Bank - £1835 Profit - £285 Won - 3 Lost - 4

Re: The Martingale Football System Hahaha, Tipsaravic lost in straight sets and now it is all going horribly wrong. Bet 8 Portugal Youth vs China Youth Bet - Portugal Youth to win HT/FT - 11/10 - £400 After the 8th bet Current Bank - £1635 Profit - £85 Won - 3 Lost - 5

Re: The Martingale Football System Well, it looks like that one is a dud as well Think its in the second half at 0-0. So it looks like this might be my last... Bet 9 Leeds vs Warrington I am doing a handicap and Warrington are getting a 18 point headstart, which I think will be a good value bet. Bet - Warrington(+18) to beat Leeds - 10/11 - £800 After the 9th bet Current bank - £1235 Profit - -£315

Re: The Martingale Football System Well, last minute try gets me back to even money and above so and I can continue for few more days atleast:nana. Bet 11 Quilmes vs Rosario Central Top quarter vs bottom quarter of the table, Central should win easily and are at a good price to do so. Mabey they are resting players or something, but still look a decent price and value for this near end of season fixture. Bet - Rosario Central to beat Quilmes - 6/4 - £50 After the 10th bet Current bank - £2762.27 Profit - £1212.27

Re: The Martingale Football System Roasario Central won 1-0 in the end. Bet 12 Hernandez to beat Bjorkman 3/1 I bet against Bjorkman when he was playing Karlovic, but he won in 5 and im thinking he can do the same again today. Bet 12 Bjorkman To beat Hernandez - 3/1 -£50 After the 11th bet Current bank - £2287.27 Profit - £1337.27 Won - 5 Lost - 6

Re: The Martingale Football System Sorry about the confusion in the last post^^^^^. It was actually Bjorkman at 3/1 and he was the man I was betting to win. He won in 4 sets in the end and I am now on a good winning run:hope . Bet 13 Ferrer vs Verdasco They are both in good form, but I am backing Verdasco to win in this encounter. Verdasco to beat Ferrer - 5/2 - £50 After the 12th bet Current bank - £2487.27 Profit - +£1537.27 Won - 6 Lost - 6

Re: The Martingale Football System Verdasco won in 4 and now I am beggining to look more optimistic about this system. Has not been to bad so far, and if this was not a paper trial, I could easily walk away now with a tidy profit. But, obviously, I will continue and see what happens. Im quite happy with the last two results (a 3/1 and a 5/2):nana Bet 14 Botafogo RJ vs Gremio Its near start of the season (3 games in) and its hard to tell who is doing good and what teams are capable of beating who. But from common knowledge and football knowledge I know hat Gremio are a good South American team, so should fair well in this match-up. Gremio to beat Botafogo - 3/1 - £50 After the 13th bet Current bank - £2662.27 Profit - +£1712.27 Won - 7 Lost - 6

Re: The Martingale Football System I might be missing something here.:unsure If you started with a bank of £1550, and your current bank is £2662, how is the profit £1712? Good luck with this btw, I do think it will fail but all the best anyway.

Re: The Martingale Football System hmmm, good point :eek . ermm, i have a look through and see where I went wrong. ahhh, I had a typo on one of the bets (Between bet 11 and 12) where I got the current bank wrong. So I have been adding on my winnings since then to a lower bank, which has made it come out like this. Thanks for pointing that out :ok : So After the 13th bet Current bank - £3262.27 Profit - 1712.27

Re: The Martingale Football System Well Gremio lost 3-0 surprisingly, but then again It was a punt in the dark. Ber 15 Volandri vs Robredo Fillipo Volandri has been in excellent form recently, beating Federer at the Rome Masters in straight sets and getting through to this round after beating the 7th seed Ivan Ljubicic. In the head to head it is 3-3, but Volandri has won the last 3, so I fancy him to win again here today and to carry on his excellent form. Bet -Volandri to beat Robredo - 6/4 - £100 So After the 13th bet Current bank - £3212.27 Profit - +£1662.27 Won - 7 Lost - 7

Re: The Martingale Football System Ahhhhhhh. s**t, yeah you are right. I didnt take off the stake, and just added the returns onto the bet before the stake. Here was what I made it (obvs with the mistakes) bet 1 - Win - 1(Stake 50) 1550 went to 1600 bet 2 - Lose - (Stake 50) 1600 went to 1550 bet 3 - Lose - (Stake 100) 1550 went to 1450 bet 4 - Win - (Stake 200) 1450 went to 1880 bet 5 Win -(Stake 50) 1880 went to 1985 bet 6 - Lose (Stake 50) - 1985 went down to 1935 bet 7 - Lose (Stake 100)- 1935 went down to 1835 bet 8 - Lose (Stake 200) - 1835 went down to 1635 bet 9 - Lose (Stake 400)- 1635 went down to 1235 bet 10 Win- (Stake 800)- 1235 went up to 2762.27 bet 11 Win-(Stake 50)- 2762.27 went up to 2887.27 bet 12 Win (Stake 50) - 2882.27 went up to 3087.27 bet 13 Win (Stake 50) - 3087.27 went up to 3262.27 bet 14 Lose (Stake 50) - 3262.27 went down to 3212.27 Thanks for pointing that out.:wall I feel like such an arse :@ . That probably explains why It was doing so well.:spank Sorry for being a tit and wasting everyones time. Feel Free to remove this thread and I will hopefully pluck up the courage to start again when I'm not a newbie punter.