** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

10p to over £1million pounds

Using betfair if you was to bet a minimum bet of £2 and managed to win every bet for 19 bets at odds around evens, you would be a millionaire not taking into account commission. £2 Bet1 = £4 Bet2 = £8 Bet3 = £16 Bet4 = £32 Bet5 = £64 Bet6 = £128 Bet7 = £256 Bet8 = £512 Bet9 = £1024 Bet10 = £2048 Bet11 = £4096 Bet12 = £8192 Bet13 = £16384 Bet14 = £32768 Bet15 = £65536 Bet16 = £131072 Bet17 = £262144 Bet18 = £524288 Bet19 = £1048576 aint that amazing lol think about it 19 winning bets in row and your a millionaire. 19 bets dont seem alot but i can imagine it'll be fooking hard ! lol with 10p it would 24 bets. So imagine you take one months wage £1000 and try and do this within your life time. So you get £1000 / 0.1 = 10000 bets 10000 bets = 27 years + to do this lol in the unlikely event every single 1st bet lost Anyone dare to try ? lol __________________

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds would be a laugh but very unlikely - if it were that easy none of us would even bother with the tipping side of this site! the other side aswell is that last bet - you've turned 10p into 1/2 million - you gonna risk it?? interesting thought though!

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds

would be a laugh but very unlikely - if it were that easy none of us would even bother with the tipping side of this site! the other side aswell is that last bet - you've turned 10p into 1/2 million - you gonna risk it?? interesting thought though!
i know what you mean, human emotions with mess your head up lol but way im looking at is, you live once so have a bit of fun. What is £1000 compared to the amount you'll make in your life time lol never say never. Easier than the lottery perhaps :loon

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds ok oriental and welshman.the concept is great and i wish you every success, but lets say you get to BET 16 for example you would now have £131, 000 are you really going to have the bottle to risk all that on the next even money bet, that could lose you the whole lot?!!, :D

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds Werdnatrebor You have just displayed a classic example of the "fear of success". Worrying about the consequences of success. What is so difficult about that 17th wager? Won't the 6th, 12th and 14th bets be difficult as well! Anyway, if Welshman makes it thru 16 bets who's going to complain if he decides to take the money and run? Good luck Welshman. Just think "I'm only risking 2 pounds"

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds Best of luck with your bets! I've often looked at this kinda thing and wondered just 'what if'. Evens bets often appear so easy to call too so it seems unfathomable that one will go wrong. Yet sure enough it does and everything crashes back down to earth. I will be watching eagerly and may well have my own in the background. Just hope someone manages to hit it big! Oh and if people think it may not be possible just think of the thread with all the Under 2.5 goals that went on some good run! So it is possible to get a great streak!

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds I'm now on step 2.... bet £2 on Boca Juniors to win last night... can provide screen shot if anyone thinks I'm aftering. Anyhow that was my first one so now on to the next step! :nana Chose Boca Juniors as they were over the requisite odds and I didnt really think too much of the Paraguyan opponents! As the bet was slightly over evens I will just bet the £4 that is expected at this layer and will bank any remaining pence. Want a game that plays this afternoon as I'm trying to chase the dream as quick as possible! :lol Maybe a mistake but as has been said elsewhere... most I would lose is £2 so I'm not overly concerned! :tongue2

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds Guys, sounds like fun :cheers . Count me in. Will all of us joining this little competition public their picks here? However I sugest to use 50% of the bank each time. That way we will play for little longer. Also it's allowd to Bet or Lay to odds over 2.0 My corrency is Sek so I will start with a bank = 2000 Sek instead for £ Anyone else going to try :loon

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds I like to think it this way, we only live once, why not make our lives abit more interesting ? with a bank of £1000 to use within our life time thats 27 years to try and get it right, its bound to happen sooner or later lol Werdnatrebor Id like to think its a once in a life time opportunity to do this, abit like sitting in the who wants to be a millionaire seat but for 27 years lol. With the liquidity issue, i can only think of big events like finals or something.

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds I agree the liquidity won't be easy to gain but maybe then you can divide the bet.... that way if both wins then you've achieved the next target... if only one succeeds then you have your whole stake still!! If both lose then hell, you were on to a loser anyhow!

I like to think it this way, we only live once, why not make our lives abit more interesting ? with a bank of £1000 to use within our life time thats 27 years to try and get it right, its bound to happen sooner or later lol
Not too sure about this!! :unsure £1000 is 500 efforts ?? 500 efforts in 27 years means 18.51818 attempts per year or 1.54 attemps per month. In my reckoning thats 1 effort every 20 odd days. I reckon even the most disciplined punter would find it difficult to stick by these timescales

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds Ok, this is on my quick march method (which I fully expect to full flat soon, but worth a go!) I am selecting U2.5 goals in Yokohama FC v Oita! The glamour relegation battle Japanese league tie that it seems to be, the two sides don't seem to be able to buy goals at the moment! In the last three home games, Yokohama have scored one goal! In their last three away games Oita have scored two goals! So a total of three goals in a total of 6 games! Admittedly defensively they leak but against another team that struggles to score in my opinion this will be low scoring. There is liquidity of £7 @ odds of 1.88 which although just under would still keep me going over if I make my bet of my current balance from 2nd bet of £4.32. A win here would take me to £7.66 after 2 bets. 34p short of the £8 target but still on track for the million after the bets given that completing all bets at evens would actually return over £1m over the timescale provided. If this does not come off tonight then I will start again and post it but I hope that this will be step 2 of the successful turning £2 into £1m! EDIT... somehow my maths wasn't so good and it would actually return £7.93 which is a huuuge 7p off target! lol

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds And so after all the write up possible I find myself starting again thanks to a 2-1 result in the specified game. Form seems to not always count for anything, just as an excuse for why we are making our bet.

Re: 10p to over £1million pounds someone on a site called wagerline recently won 100,000 dollars for being the first person to pick 21 selections in a row. These were all around evens i reckon because they were handicaps and totals in basketball i think...so its possible, i will probly try 10 when i get home, could be fun.

I might just have a pop at this, Sounds interesting. I'll start my own thread as I dont wanna hi-jack any body else's Staffy you wanna go 2's up on this with me mate.
I'm with you carl. :ok