** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold

robilaruk

Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold  

1. 1.

• easy call/shove - its a no brainer
    • Fold and hope one of them busts out

its bubble time - whats my play? as always the Boss HH posts your starting stack, so take 150 of me for the SB call/shove - or fold? and reasons why please - this is a very tricky hand I think Damo 150.00/300.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit ) - 18 May 2007 21:09:16 Seat 1: Metal_King (5705.00) Seat 2: LizziePL (585.00) Seat 5: calsu (7530.00) Seat 9: dieseltek (1180.00) LizziePL post SB 150.00 calsu post BB 300.00 ** Deal ** Metal_King [N/A, N/A] LizziePL [Ac, 10s] calsu [N/A, N/A] dieseltek [N/A, N/A] *** Bet Round 1 *** dieseltek Call 300.00 Metal_King Fold

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold cheers, maybe it is not as tricky as i thought! LOL will be interesting to see what others think Damo

Easy all in for me - dieseltek is a player I want to be going up against' date=' not the other two and ATs is more than good enough.....[/quote']

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold All my chips are in now - unlikely to get a better opportunity of tackling 3rd place. If he has a better hand, I'd have expected him to shove all in from early position, to guarantee getting at least the blinds. However, I am ready for the horror story of him slow playing a big pair.:loon McG :unsure

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold All-in! If you fold you're pretty much all in with the next hand anyway being on the BB meaning you either push now with a good hand or wait one hand to be pushed all in with most likely a rubbish hand. Not an ideal hand but there are a tonne worse imo. Push.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold LOL - i wont post any horror story - just interested to know what folks think about how this should be played (i'll post any bad beat in the appropriate thread ;)) cheers McG Damo

All my chips are in now - unlikely to get a better opportunity of tackling 3rd place. If he has a better hand, I'd have expected him to shove all in from early position, to guarantee getting at least the blinds. However, I am ready for the horror story of him slow playing a big pair.:loon McG :unsure

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold sorry, wanted to give a more meaningful answer I was lazy 1st time - and gave too much away 2nd! Damo

lol - Damo - Every time I refresh this page (3 times so far!!) your response in post 3 has changed!!!!! :tongue2

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold I am on the SB this hand - so button next - does that make a difference Damo

All-in! If you fold you're pretty much all in with the next hand anyway being on the BB meaning you either push now with a good hand or wait one hand to be pushed all in with most likely a rubbish hand. Not an ideal hand but there are a tonne worse imo. Push.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold steal?? I would agree with that - have barely a BB left - I don't think I am thinking about stealing anymore - just wondering if i should call here or not given the current situation and what has happened:ok cheers Damo

I don't think you will be able to steal anymore with that stack ' date=' you can't get any better cards, so there is no point in folding to catch them later. all-in[/quote']

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold

I am on the SB this hand - so button next - does that make a difference Damo
Ooops, school boy error! Playing poker atm so a little distracted! So you're on the button next and have the possibility of a full round.. without losing any chips. When i put it like that then a fold sounds the best option however it's still unlikely you'd get a better hand then A10s and with your stack, one other caller still push.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold thanks nade I think you are probably correct about my chances of getting a better hand - just wondering if my measily stack will get anyone to fold tho Damo

Ooops, school boy error! Playing poker atm so a little distracted! So you're on the button next and have the possibility of a full round.. without losing any chips. When i put it like that then a fold sounds the best option however it's still unlikely you'd get a better hand then A10s and with your stack, one other caller still push.

Re: Pop Quiz (part XVIII) call or fold thanks all for the responses what I thought was interesting is that you all said 'easy call' given my stack and my hand, with comments made about I am not getting a better hand to play etc. I agree I might not get a better hand but will I get a better position? it seems that no one has thought through what others might have and/or their postion in relation to me? (I apologise if I am wrong here) - for instance, how many realised that the massive stack is on the BB and is seeing the flop for free unless I shove? so what happens if I fold? the BB might shove and puts dieseltek AI if he calls the BB might shove and get dieseltek to fold the BB might check, hit or not hit a hand and beat diesel/get him to fold either way I am not in any worse state than I am already in really as: diesel is AI at some point, wins and doubles up diesel is AI at some point and loses and I am ITM diesel folds at some point and is on the BB next hand with only 480 left after posting the BB what happens if I call? the BB shoves, diesel calls and I fold, hoping the BB knocks him out the BB shoves, diesel folds and I call - that is what I really want! to be HU against one player with A10 the BB checks and we see a flop - if I hit any part of it I am AI and :hope the BB checks and I hit a monster on the flop, I check and hope someone bets :hope , in which case I am AI I miss the flop and end up folding after the BB/Diesel makes a bet There is only one scenario that really appeals and that is the BB shove PF, diesel folds and I call to play HU & I don't think that is the most likely thing to happen - plus if I call and miss then I am no threat to anyone at all with my measily 285 chip stack, and they all gang up on me to knock me out (like I am a threat anyway! :lol ) So what happens if I shove? I have 435 left after posting the SB, so after making up the BB I am shoving for 285. The BB might fold!! if he does he is a muppet, with his stack he is calling ATC, in fact the correct play is to re-raise AI and get diesel to fold or create a side pot if diesel calls The BB folds and Diesel folds :ok excellent result for me The BB re-shoves and diesel folds , so I am HU :ok The BB calls and diesel folds (womble if he does :eyes ) so I am HU :ok The BB folds and diesel calls so I am HU:ok The BB calls and diesel calls and I am up against 2 :spank The BB calls, diesel shoves and the BB calls and I am up against 2 :spank (again if the BB calls me and then folds to a reshove he is a womble!:eyes ) so there are more positives here than just calling, so calling IMHO is not the correct play, but I can't quite see me getting HU PF at all given my meagre stack, the BB is playing here no matter what and diesel is calling as well (unless the BB shoves after I do) So on the face of it, I can't get either the BB or diesel to (realistically) fold by shoving, so I am playing A10 against 2 players, which is not what I want at all :spank and the other thing swaying my decision is that diesel only called..... (well spotted GaF :clap ) he is short stacked and called UTG on the bubble! what does that smack of? either AA/KK and wanting calls for chips:eyes or somthing shite like 910s QJ 66-22 etc that he doesn't know how to play:eyes so he limps hoping to hit or get raised PF to call with I assume (I am assuming he will call, otherwise why limp with garbage?) In the end, it seemed the best chance I had of getting ITM was to fold. Diesel could be knocked out by the BB or diesel might fold and then pay the BB/SB and be AI before me or the two big stacks tangle and the smaller one busts out etc and you can blame Valiant23 for this! his post here has made a massive difference on how I approach STT's in this situation http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32378&highlight=show+money cheers Andy :ok Damo :cheers ps feel free to pick holes in my logic! LOL