** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

What the hell do i do?

Nade

My life and passion Sheff Utd somehow went down, what am i to do now? Play Poker? I don't know if i can stay focussed but i need to get my mind off the doom and gloom of it all. MTT are long and need concentration so they are an option but as some will know my record in them as rubbish, maybe this is a turning point, maybe a point in my life when it all changes - i focus on some MTT i improve rapidly, i advance to the WSOP in 2008, maybe even 2007 and become a poker pro. Now that's being positive ;). Cash games? they'd probably just end in disaster to end a bad day. I think concentration on MTT is the way to go, i'll use peoples advice on here to conquer the world. :cheers

Re: What the hell do i do?

Scissors, paper, rock. They have play money tables and cash tables up to $10.
Lol. I didn't know that was an option, but i'm not feeling particularly lucky today so i'll give it a miss, cheers though :ok

Re: What the hell do i do?

Keep any poker to low stakes if you're in a bad frame of mind mate - it will affect your discipline. You're a prime candidate to go on tilt all night!
Indeed, It's keeping me focussed though atm, don't want to think of owt else! And doing nicely in the $5 MTT i entered but we'll see what happens.

Re: What the hell do i do? what can i say mate.words fail me. as an ardent wednesday fan :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow :cow see ya next year m8 :ok

Re: What the hell do i do? It turned out it was a rebuy :loon but i didn't need one anyway. 615 registered top 80 got paid, i finished 122. Played so tight all the way through, doubled up on the first hand which helped, got up to 4.5 soon after and kept it solid. After the break went up to over 8k. The downfall came in one hand when i went all in with AQs in about middle position with the blinds up to 500/1000 unfortunately got called by KK and AK, nightmare scenario :loon an ace came so i had 800 left! then my blind was 82. Oh well, taught me to stay tight to get far but had no idea what hands to play when it got far into the tourn as didnt want to go out!, was waiting for the top 5 but got excited about my AQ! Not even going to say anything about the one above.