** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series

OK a few bets on the second test for me: 5pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts 104&Over 5/6 Bet365 Following Kev on this one, don't think I need to add any more really, should get plenty of overs in and will probably bat twice. 5pts R.Sarwan's Performance Pts 71&Over 5/6 Bet365 Sarwan is a top class batsman who scored at a good rate at Lords before getting out, on first impression he seems to have taken the responsibility of captaincy very well also. I feel that this target is very low on batting alone and there is always a chance of a catch or even a wicket if he backs himself. 2pts West Indies to win 10/1 Bet365 Well I've been talking the Windies up for the past few weeks and it was encouraging to see the way they batted at Lords so I fancy a speculative punt on this one at these odds. The bowling I feel will improve with overs and Headingley should provide more assistance in this area and the fielding can't get any worse. England's bowling seems reliant on either Sidebottom or Anderson to come in and do something spectacular so the biggest problem is Windies taking 20 wickets - I do think though that there is a bit of value here.
Shithouse. Bravo ended up with 95, Sarwan got crocked, and the drunk bet on WI winning would have been more likely to come through if I'd bet on the other WI winning. Need to have a good think about my cricket betting as it is eating up any profit I make from other sports.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series chin up mush! Bravo was close and Sarwan got injured, just one of those things. No Idea why you took the Windies to win, but you were right in your analysis that England needed Sidebottom to come in and do something spectacular which he did. Perhaps just take 1 line for the next test? Sarwan is now out for the series as is Flintoff. We could have used him at Old Trafford. Hopefully Harmy will get some bounce there now his confidence is up a little and lets hope this rain goes away!

lets hope this rain goes away!
Au contraire! Rain = clouds = swing = England in 3 days max = 3-0 ;) . Hoggard seems to be out of the 3rd test now so Sidebottom looks booked in for Old Trafford.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series mais c'est Old Trafford et... Sun = hard pitches = bounce = England in 3 days max = 3-0 ;) Seriously though Harmy really needs to come through for us in the next test, he has a great record there. Shame Flintoff won't be fit they'd hate facing him there. Sidebottom looks set to stay which is only fair but I'm not sure if he'll have the same effect again.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series Ok Harmison does look a good shout to be England's top bowler as he has a good record at Old Trafford, the pitch there normally helps him and he showed a bit of form getting 3 wickets in the last test. He's availabe @ 5/2 on Stan James. Having already bet on him for top series wwicket taker though I'll be leaving this one. Is the draw worth a sneaky punt? Especially for those of us on Eng -2.5?

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series Kev is unable to get online tonight so he told me to post his bets up for him England to score 500 runs or more (1st innings) @ 2.10 Ladbrokes 10pts Paul Collingwood performance 77 and over @ 1.83 Bet365 10 pts Ramdin top West Indies bat (1st innings) @ 14/1 Boylesports 1pt each way :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series England close 296-7 thanks to Bell and Prior, game still in the balance but any chance of 460+ gone. The plus side is that Prior's 40 brings him just 14pts away from the 316+pts series bet. Lets hope conditions are still favourable for bowling tomorrow as there is plenty of life in this pitch!

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series Combination of loose batting and good bowling has restricted us. This looks a gimme. 10pts England 1st Inns Runs - Under 360 10/11 Boylesports England closed day 1 on 296/7 so they still need another 64 runs to pass 360 which looks a long way off. England have Harmison and Bell at the crease but there's only Monty and Ryan Sidebottom to come which isn't much to salivate over. West Indies took the new ball 4 overs before the close of play so they will have a new nut to get into the tail with. Harmison can't really bat unless it's in his half and he'll have a slap but most of the stuff that comes down to him will be short and there's nothing after Harmison. West Indies have bowled well and I fancy them to finish us off for under 360.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series bad luck Kev - terrible dropped catch from Jerome Taylor cost you that one. still, some very entertaining hitting from Monty and Sidebottom sees England to 370, a decent total. Harmison's strike before luch leavs the Windies 17-1, with basically all those 17 coming in wides from Harmy!

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series ^^^^ Yeah unlucky mate. I dont think our tail has batted that well for a few years, they looked defo likely to get around 320/330. Next dismissal to be an LBW - Ladbrokes 'Bet in play' - 4/1 The ball seems to be doing a bit and Cook and Vaughan are prone to LBW's by the way they play. (Cook - 26% and Vaughan 12%) lol, thats doesn't really back up my point about Vaughan. But, if you take the way he got out in the first innings, he got his bat nowhere near the line of the ball, so he could be susceptible to getting out this way. I'll try and post up some more if I can find any value bets.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series Collingwood's catch to dismiss Gayle saw his performance in but I'm still looking at a -13.7pt test match so I'm going to try these 2. One to try and get myself out of the mire and the 2nd as a cover for the handicap. 10pts 3rd Test End - Between Lunch & Tea Day 5 7/5 Sporting Odds This looks to have some value about it. West Indies require another 154 runs going into the last day and England requires 5 wickets. If the Windies were to win, an unlikely scenario but not an impossible one, they have no chance of getting the 154 runs they need in the 1st session but would be odds on to get them sometime between lunch and tea. If England were to win, possibly the more likely scenario, then they need 5 wickets which again may be tricky to get in the 1st session. Windies have two competent batsmen at the crease in Shiv Chanderpaul and Denesh Ramdin. They've already put on 52 for the 6th wicket and seen the new ball off pretty much. The new ball is 16.4 overs old and so it will have already started to lose it's effect. England won't get another new ball so the match has to be won with this ball. If the two at the crease can get themselves in again they might be tough to remove and then after these two there's a bit more resistance to come in the form of Darren Sammy who has a 1st class average of almost 25 and Jerome Taylor who has already hit a 20 in this series. A lot requires on Chanderpaul for this bet but once he's in he's a pain to get out and I just think with the tension around and everything else that there's enough left in the game for it to go into the 2nd session of the final day. 5pts Lay England to win 3rd Test 1.27 Betfair There's 2 reasons why I'm laying England here. The 1st is to cover my series handicap bet but the 2nd is because they are very short. England have been spraying the ball around all series and runs have come freely all along. Ok Stephen Harmison had a good day on Sunday but that doesn't mean he's turned the corner and the less said about Liam Plunkett's bowling the better. The simple fact is if England don't bowl the Windies out they'll lose the game. Shivnerine Chanderpaul is back and batting nicely and he has Denesh Ramdin and Darren Sammy to keep him company. If these 2 in now can get the required total - currently 154 - down to double figures that will be a huge boost and the Windies will really fancy their chances. The pitch is turning and the odd ball is turning sharply but on the whole the Windies batsmen negated Monty well on day 4 and will think they can do so on day 5 too. England should really be 1.40 at least to win the test from here so we're getting value on the lay and with an England win far from a certainty it's the right play to lay England.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series looking good to end between lunch and ta kev - but which way will it go? It will be a major embarrasment if we manage to lose this, but you can't fault the windies, they've played brilliantly so far! Chanderpaul is looking invinvible!

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series England won fairly comfortably in the end which was good. The Windies held out until after lunch which was perfect so I end the test -1.05pts. 4th and final test is at the Riverside on Friday. England have named their squad with the only change being Hoggard in for Plunkett.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series 4 for me in this test. 10pts Lay Draw 1.44 Betfair England have the series won coming into this game but make no mistake about it they'll be all out for a 3-0 series win. Quite simply the draw is miles too short here. Sure there's a chance of a washout on one of the days but we should get a good 3 and a half days play in which has been enough in the 2 tests already played at the Riverside. England welcome Matthew Hoggard back into their side which will be a relief for Michael Vaughan as he'll have at least 3 reliable bowlers on display. He'll be hoping home surroundings help to bring the best out of Steve Harmison too. With the bat, Andrew Strauss has come under a bit of pressure and with the one dayers coming up giving Ravi Bopara a chance to catch the eye, Strauss may well feel he needs some runs in this test. Other than that England will look to play the way they have been and wrap the series up 3-0. West Indies have an injury doubt over 3rd test hero Darren Sammy. All the talk is that he'll play but how fit he is remains to be seen. Finally in the 3rd test this West Indian side showed a bit of fight and gave England a real scare. They'll hope Shivnerine Chanderpaul can score more runs in this game and if Edwards and Collymore bowl well you just never know. However despite rain threatening on the 1st 2 days play I still think there's enough time in the match for a result. England are now at full strength and can wrap this up in 3 days if needs be. As the draw is so short it simply must be layed. 10pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts 82&Over 10/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dwayne Bravo has shown what he can do with bat and ball already in the series. But for the threat of rain his target would surely be a lot higher but that doesn't worry me as I still feel he'll play a significant part in this match. He's got 204 runs and 6 wickets in the series to date and I think he'll add to both columns here. He's also taken 5 catches too. He's clearly the best fielder in the West Indies side not to mention the best all rounder and I expect a decent game again for Bravo and I think he'll cover this. 10pts West Indies +120.5runs 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Bet365 Batting in the early part of this match isn't going to be easy at all and I can see both sides struggling to make a 1st innings score. 300 may well end up being a decent score in the conditions which would make this a handicap the Windies really should cover. As long as Chanderpaul gets in they should be looking at 250-275 so as long as they restrict England to 375-400 then they will remain in the handicap with comfort. It's a huge ask in these conditions to cover 120 runs and one I feel will be beyond England. Windies with the cap to have a 1st inns lead. 1pt ew D.Ramdin Top WI Bat 16/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) (1st Inns Only) Keeping with the rest of the series I'm on Ramdin each way for top batsmen here. He's shown signs already in the series that he can handle the English attack and here possibly more than anywhere else the potential for a top order collapse is rife. If that collapse happens then Ramdin batting 7 is nicely placed to capitalise. Denesh Ramsin has a century to his name on this tour already and I think he's a live runner for top bat.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series England over 325.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365) Little pressure here for England and I don't see Windies attack causing enough problems to stop England getting to this total, the mark is up around as high as 360 elsewhere.

England over 325.5 @ 5/6 (Bet 365) Little pressure here for England and I don't see Windies attack causing enough problems to stop England getting to this total, the mark is up around as high as 360 elsewhere.
Nice one mate. I dare say you had your heart in your mouth at lunch but Collingwood and Prior pulled it through for you. Luckily the last wicket went dead on 400 so the 1st innings handicap came in. The forecast tomorrow looks much better than it did and I reckon we'll get enough play in for England to wrap this match up. The draw is still 1.49 which is incredible given that Windies still need 30 to catch England up. 2 wickets for England and this one's done :ok

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series well I was actually doing exams all day so I had little time to worry about it! I always fancied we'd pull through though actually as Prior has been on great form all series and Collingwood was on home territory. I'm not so sure as you are about England winning. We seem totally unable to shift Chanderpaul and all of Bravo, Samuels and Ramdin can bat. If Gayle stays in he can quickly take the game away from us and if the ball stops swinging we have nothing. As such, I have put a cover bet in on the draw @ 5/6 when Windies were reduced to 30-3.

Matt Prior must get 316pts to beat the Bet365 quote and with England's seamers likely to produce plenty of edges behind he should pick up enough catching points to make the runs very gettable for a player of his ability. The odd 30/40 should do it. Outside chance of a stumping off monty aswell. Prior over 315pts in series @ 5/6 (Bet >365)
this is a comfortable winner :cow Prior covered with the bat alone! I expected him to rely more on catches of which he hasn't got many suprisingly.

I'm not so sure as you are about England winning. We seem totally unable to shift Chanderpaul and all of Bravo' date=' Samuels and Ramdin can bat. If Gayle stays in he can quickly take the game away from us and if the ball stops swinging we have nothing.[/quote'] The ball never really swung in their innings tonight. I can't see it not swinging tomorrow though with cloud cover expected but if it does stop swinging they've already shown throughout the series that they can't play Monty. Realistically they need to make 350 to put us out of the game. Anything less and regardless of how many overs we have to face their attack is capable of leaking runs at the required rate. I can't see them making 350 on this wicket against this attack which is the best attack we've put out this series.

4 for me in this test. 10pts Lay Draw 1.44 Betfair England have the series won coming into this game but make no mistake about it they'll be all out for a 3-0 series win. Quite simply the draw is miles too short here. Sure there's a chance of a washout on one of the days but we should get a good 3 and a half days play in which has been enough in the 2 tests already played at the Riverside. England welcome Matthew Hoggard back into their side which will be a relief for Michael Vaughan as he'll have at least 3 reliable bowlers on display. He'll be hoping home surroundings help to bring the best out of Steve Harmison too. With the bat, Andrew Strauss has come under a bit of pressure and with the one dayers coming up giving Ravi Bopara a chance to catch the eye, Strauss may well feel he needs some runs in this test. Other than that England will look to play the way they have been and wrap the series up 3-0. West Indies have an injury doubt over 3rd test hero Darren Sammy. All the talk is that he'll play but how fit he is remains to be seen. Finally in the 3rd test this West Indian side showed a bit of fight and gave England a real scare. They'll hope Shivnerine Chanderpaul can score more runs in this game and if Edwards and Collymore bowl well you just never know. However despite rain threatening on the 1st 2 days play I still think there's enough time in the match for a result. England are now at full strength and can wrap this up in 3 days if needs be. As the draw is so short it simply must be layed. 10pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts 82&Over 10/11 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Dwayne Bravo has shown what he can do with bat and ball already in the series. But for the threat of rain his target would surely be a lot higher but that doesn't worry me as I still feel he'll play a significant part in this match. He's got 204 runs and 6 wickets in the series to date and I think he'll add to both columns here. He's also taken 5 catches too. He's clearly the best fielder in the West Indies side not to mention the best all rounder and I expect a decent game again for Bravo and I think he'll cover this. 10pts West Indies +120.5runs 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Bet365 Batting in the early part of this match isn't going to be easy at all and I can see both sides struggling to make a 1st innings score. 300 may well end up being a decent score in the conditions which would make this a handicap the Windies really should cover. As long as Chanderpaul gets in they should be looking at 250-275 so as long as they restrict England to 375-400 then they will remain in the handicap with comfort. It's a huge ask in these conditions to cover 120 runs and one I feel will be beyond England. Windies with the cap to have a 1st inns lead. 1pt ew D.Ramdin Top WI Bat 16/1 Boylesports (1/4 1,2,3) (1st Inns Only) Keeping with the rest of the series I'm on Ramdin each way for top batsmen here. He's shown signs already in the series that he can handle the English attack and here possibly more than anywhere else the potential for a top order collapse is rife. If that collapse happens then Ramdin batting 7 is nicely placed to capitalise. Denesh Ramsin has a century to his name on this tour already and I think he's a live runner for top bat.
3 out of 4 Kev that's some fantastic tipping.:loon :ok Plus it lands the -2.5 Handicap:ok And I get me 3-0 up aswell:cow

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series Nice also to see Collingwood hit the winning runs and deny Vaughan a half-century.Though Vaughan with 48 off 51 balls you can bet that in the interviews that follow there will be references to why he couldn't score that way in one-dayers. Oh yeah and if he refers to himself in the third person he can fcuk off i.e Michael Vaughan: "Michael Vaughan knows he can still cut it at one-day level" noooooooo Michael Vaughan:"I know I can still cut it at one-day level" say that and i'll be a lot happier.But tough you still can't play so ner.

Re: Cricket: England vs West Indies Test Series :cow well the main bet of England -2.5 came through in the end:cow roughly equal on the smaller bets throughout the series i think, still annoyed about Englland losing that 1st wicket on 38. the less said about my reaction to Sidebottom's selection the better!