** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Topic International Dart's League

Well finally a bookmaker has come up with some prices for this.Not outright winner but respective group winners. Now the format is a Round Robin group event each player playing the other 3.

International Darts League: Group I Winner
Tuesday 8 May 2007 - 19:00 BST
Related events...Group I WinnerGroup J WinnerGroup K WinnerGroup L Winner
Best odds/All oddsv6004.gifv6143.gif
Adams, M3.253.25
Dudbridge, M3.253.25
Anderson, G44
Robson, G44
International Darts League: Group J Winner
Tuesday 8 May 2007 - 19:00 BST
Taylor, P22
Barneveld, R3.253.25
Van Gerwen, M44
Fitton, D1717
International Darts League: Group K Winner
Tuesday 8 May 2007 - 18:00 BST
Lewis, A2.872.87
Mardle, W3.43.4
Whitlock, S44
O'Shea, T4.54.5
International Darts League: Group L Winner
Tuesday 8 May 2007 - 18:00 BST
Wade, J1.91.9
Eccles, T4.334.33
Waites, S5.55.5
Webster, M5.55.5
I'd be sobbing if i was in group J though. One for me Group L Winner Scott Waites 11/2 BetDirect. 5pts. This bloke has been on form all the way through the current BDO tournaments and lies second in the ranking's to Martin Adams.He's got to 3 finals this year alone beating Adams and Anderson on the way to those.He regulally averages over 90 in his games and top's the 100's in most of them. High scoring and solid on the double's he should be a good match up against James Wade and has beaten Marc Webster in nearly every game they've played together same with Tony Eccles. He was beaten 6-2 by Barney in the first round robin group but 6-3 wins against Martin Atkins and Ross Montgomery give him momentum going into this next stage.Probably a good thing being beaten by Barney as he's by-passed the group of death. He's also gonna be my tip for the BDO Championships(I got him at the start of the year at 300/1 from BetDirect)

Re: Topic International Dart's League Nice one Sharpey. You beat me to it! Good luck Darryl Fitton. I wonder how many ladders you walked under to land yourself in that group :\ . Just 1 for me. 4pts A.Lewis to win Group K 15/8 Betdirect Adrian Lewis enters this 2nd stage having won all 3 of his games in the 1st group stage, conceding only 9 legs in the process. While it wasn't the strongest group going, Martin Adams and Barrie Bates both needed beating. We've seen in the Premier League in recent weeks what Jackpot can do and he's head and shoulders above the other 3 in this group. It's good to see Mardle come back to form but he didn't look too convincing to me in his match with Mervyn King in the last round. Lewis' biggest danger could well be Silverback, Tony O'Shea who topped a group which included PDC stars Colin Lloyd and Mark Dudbridge. Over these short sprints though Adrian Lewis' scoring power is massive and he looks to be the best bet of the 2nd round groups for me. Taylor vs Barneveld tonight. Should be worth a watch :D

Re: Topic International Dart's League Looking at today's matches: Robson to beat Dudbridge. Dudbridge was possibly lucky to get through his group. He never even averaged 85 and Robson on his day is a tough player. Waites to beat Webster. Purely on price, 13/8 is too big for a player like Waites in a match like this. Waites impressed when winner of the Dutch Open and has played well all week. Barneveld to beat Taylor. Always risky to go against Taylor but purely on this tournament alone, Barney has been more impressive than Phil who already lost to Webster and struggled to beat Baxter.

Re: Topic International Dart's League Blue Square are the bookies that are doing match prices. Match 1 James Wade 8/15 Tony Eccles 11/8 Match 2 Adrian Lewis 8/15 Wayne Mardle 11/8 Match 3 Barney 5/4 Taylor 4/7 Match 4 Michael Van Gerwen 1/2 Darryl Fitton 6/4 Match 5 Gary Anderson 8/11 Martin Adams Evens Match 6 Tony O'Shea 11/10 Simon Whitlock 4/6 Match 7 Mark Webster 4/9 Scott Waites 13/8 Match 8 Gary Robson Evens Mark Dudbridge 8/11

Re: Topic International Dart's League Having seen the 1st round matches so far there's 2 I'm happy to be on tonight. 10pts R.Barneveld to beat P.Taylor 5/4 Blue Square Barney looks a nice price here. The format of the competition would assist Barney and going by the 1st round stages Barney is playing much better darts. I saw all 3 of Taylor's matches and he never really looked all that impressive and his defeat by Mark Webster only goes to prove that. Barney has come through a fairly easy 1st group in impressive style and in his home land has a good chance of winning this one. There wasn't a great deal between them in the Premier League last week and that was Taylor near his best so with him not quite being at his best in this tournament is well worth taking on in what is an even match. 10pts S.Waites to beat M.Webster 11/8 Blue Square The average man on the street won't know a great deal about Scott Waites but those in darts know all about him. He's progressing very nicely in the BDO ranks and currently sits 2nd behind Martin Adams. Mark Webster is a talented youngster who has a decent future in the game and took advantage of a poor Phil Taylor in his 1st match in his previous group. He came through a tough looking group in impressive style but doesn't have a good record against Waites. There isn't much between the two players and if anything Waites is the better player so to have him at 11/8 is strange. It's definitely value and I expect to be collecting once the match is over.

Re: Topic International Dart's League Barneveld V Taylor Barney to win 2pts 5/4 Off home soil Taylor has not been playing great darts and Barney's beaten him in the last 2 times they been over to Holland. With vocal support behind him and with Taylor's shaky showing at this event so far then the money has to go on Barney Michael Van Gerwen v Darryl Fitton Gerwen to win 1/2 5pts. Again home soil will help Van Gerwen,though both players know the big test comes after this game.Fitton did beat VG in this tournament last year but he's prone to missing double's and VG will punish that. VG came through the qualifiers for this and has now played 6 games without losing and with the extra board time that he's had the momentum lies with him. Anderson v Adams Adams to win Evens 2pts. Both are World Class darters and both have come through tough qualifiying groups with Anderson beating Mardle,Scholten and King.Adams only just qualified due to some bad finishing by Barrie Bates but Adams is always a shaky starter and now he's through the first round his game usually clicks.Exceptional support for Wolfie in Holland due to the amount of Exhibitions he does over there should give him extra impetous to beat Anderson. Scott Waites v Marc Webster Waites to win 13/8 5pts As i've mentioned before Waites is an exceptionally underrated player and his solid throwing and double finishing puts him slightly infront of Webster. Webster though has already beaten Taylor in this event and is a high class player but he is up and down and I draw more confidence out of Waites who is very consistent. For more information on this tournament and a cracking up-to live scoreboard(take note Planet Darts you sacks of toss) go to. http://www.infodarts.nl/index.php?p=129&n=20 Live scores oooooo Bobby George's lad's on now. http://live.infodarts.nl/livescore.php?tournament=21,20 PS unless your dutch you can change it into English near the top of the page.

Re: Topic International Dart's League Waites has now been cut into 6/5 ,see we can change prices.Or which one of you's lumped on him with a grand. Edit: Someone from Blue Sqaure must be monitoring this thread as they've now added Waites to the BDO Champs list as joint 4th favourite at 16/1. Come on fella make yourself known.

Re: Topic International Dart's League Right i've only just got in from the darts at my pub feck me we finished at 12.00 but got kept drinking and talking till now(5.30.) Well thats the worst tipping i've ever done in my life and if you followed me then i can only apologise.I never saw that coming a mile off.Worst to the worst at least you've got a better form guide now.(it's took me 20 mins to recorrect and write this cos i'm shedded) Though my team won 8-1 and I won my 2 games and got 2 180's.you can tell i'm drunk as a skunk.

Re: Topic International Dart's League Not a great night last night although Lewis did win which was a bit of comfort. I'll go with 2 tonight. 10pts T.Eccles to beat S.Waites Evs Blue Square Both these players lost their opening match in this 2nd group phase and have to win this match if they are to remain in the tournament. Tony Eccles was a touch unlucky last night as he ran into James Wade in decent form while Scott Waites missed 2 darts for the match to see off Mark Webster and paid the full price. Tony Eccles is an experienced player though and a pretty decent one to boot. That was proved by beating Andy Hamilton and Terry Jenkins, both established PDC stars, in the 1st group game and he only lost 6-5 to Van Gerwen although realistically that may have been better than winning as winning would have meant a 2nd group alongside Taylor and Barneveld. Scott Waites came through in 2nd place to Barney in his 1st group but didn't ever really overly impress and was the same last night. Although he's making great strides on the BDO circuit he hasn't shown that form here in this event and I think the experience that the Viper carries can get him over the line here. 10pts S.Whitlock to beat W.Mardle 5/6 Blue Square The Wizard of Oz is playing his usual good darts in this event and should really be favourite for this match as he's a class above Mardle. Mardle has shown lots of fight in this tournament but his drift to the 5 has been as apparent as ever. There is no weakness in Whitlock's game though and I expect the Aussie to win this and clinch a quarter final spot.

Re: Topic International Dart's League I am going to go against Dudbridge again and take Adams to beat him at 4/6. Dudbridge won a controversial match last night 7-6 and scored reasonably well but his finishing was awful. Fortunately for him, Robson was too inconsistent to take full advantage of it. However tonight he faces the ultra consistent Adams who is playing well (105 average despite a 7-1 defeat last night) and he will not let Dudbridge of the hook.

Re: Topic International Dart's League I'll take 3 tonight. 10pts T.O'Shea to beat W.Mardle 5/6 Blue Square Tony O'Shea hit a 9 dart finish on his way to comfortably beating Adrian Lewis last night and that shows he's in decent nick. On his day Silverback is a very under rated player and I fancied him to perform well in this group before the off. Everyone knows about Wayne Mardle who constantly seems to be over rated with the bookies and it's no different here. Mardle hasn't been thrashed in any matches in this tournament but equally he's never really been in contention in many either and it's only the fact that his opponents haven't put him away that has seen him go so close. Either way, O'Shea is the form horse of the two, you could argue he's the better player of the two and he's be a worthy favourite so I'm happy to be on him here. 10pts S.Waites to beat J.Wade 5/4 Blue Square Scott Waites was excellent in beating Tony Eccles last night. I had my doubts around him after he blew victory against Mark Webster on Tuesday but Mark Webster franked the form by thrashing Wade last night. Waites' scoring against Eccles was excellent and he barely missed a double and a repeat tonight must surely be good enough to see off a stuttering Wade who has done precious little on TV since his Matchplay run. 10pts M.Webster to beat T.Eccles 8/11 Blue Square Mark Webster still remains unbeaten in this tournament and is playing good darts. He flopped a bit in the World Championship but has lit this tournament up with his solid play. A win here sees him into the quarter finals as group winner theoretically giving him the easier match there. Eccles is out and although he's a decent player he's not had a good tournament in the main and I think he'll get turned over here.

Re: Topic International Dart's League

O'Shea wins 7-5 :cow
Cracking stuff fella:ok Ive just followed you tonight as they all look good. Still gutted from the other night cos when i posted the apology i'm sure i'd put up tips for Fitton ,Waites and o'shea but must have wiped em again by going back a page.Mind you i was really shedded.

Cracking stuff fella:ok Ive just followed you tonight as they all look good. Still gutted from the other night cos when i posted the apology i'm sure i'd put up tips for Fitton ,Waites and o'shea but must have wiped em again by going back a page.Mind you i was really shedded.
Never a need to apologise mate. That's gambling and sport and such night's happen. I should know, I've had shitloads recently :$ . Waites lost 7-4 but Webster won 7-4 so +5.5 on the night. Quarter Final line up is as follows: Gary Anderson vs James Wade Tony O'Shea vs Raymond Barneveld Darryl Fitton vs Adrian Lewis Mark Webster vs Gary Robson

Re: Topic International Dart's League 3 more bets for tonight. Anyone wanting to bet outright on the tournament needs to head to Ladbrokes. 4pts G.Anderson to win IDL 5/1 Ladbrokes Gary Anderson is finally taking his floor form to the stage and in some style this week. He's beaten all in front of him so far and played fantastic darts in the process. Anderson is averaging well over 100 for the tournament which proves he's scoring well and more importantly he's finishing well. James Wade will be a tricky quarter final opponent but the best thing is he won't face Barney until the final. Anderson is in excellent form and for me he's the one to stop now. 10pts G.Anderson to beat J.Wade 5/6 Blue Square As I've said in the outright preview Gary Anderson is playing superb darts. He's won all 6 of his matches so far and been head and shoulders the standout player in this tournament. James Wade has had peaks and troughs which is James Wade in a nutshell really. If the James Wade that played Scott Waites turns up then this will be a cracker. Any other James Wade and assuming that Anderson continues to perform how he has and this will be a win for the Scot. 10pts G.Robson to beat M.Webster 5/4 Ladbrokes Mark Webster has a very good record in this tournament so far. He's won all 6 of his matches and that includes a victory over Phil Taylor to his credit. He's also beaten James Wade as well but he's done all this with less than convincing averages. His averages in the oturnament to date read: 29.56, 30.93, 30.64, 29.59, 30.92, 32.07. None of which are likely to win a tournament of this nature. Gary Robson on his day can be a real heavy scorer and good finisher and he'd love nothing more than to play his great mate Gary Anderson in the final. Robson's shown he can mix it at this level when he won the World Darts Trophy in 2005, he also took out van Gerwen at the Lakeside in January and I think he'll take out Mark Webster here.

Tony O'Shea sends Barney packing 6-4.
And O'Shea's found out that he is gonna get a Vauxhall Tigra for his nine-darter so he's had a top night. Shame he's never gonna be able to fit in it.:lol

And O'Shea's found out that he is gonna get a Vauxhall Tigra for his nine-darter so he's had a top night. Shame he's never gonna be able to fit in it.:lol
:lol :rollin :lol Lewis beat Fitton 6-2 and Robson played like a twat and lost 6-2 to Webster. Semi final lineup: Gary Anderson vs Adrian Lewis Tony O'Shea vs Mark Webster

Re: Topic International Dart's League I can't be having O'Shea as outsider against Webster even though I've underestimated the Welshman in this. 10pts T.O'Shea to beat M.Webster Evs Bet365 Tony O'Shea is overpriced even at evens in this match. He should be the favourite by some margin. He's already hit a 9 darter this week then last night he came from 4-2 down to beat Barneveld 6-4 which is as good a line of form as you are likely to get in this. Mark Webster won easily last night but a lot of that was down to Gary Robson playing awfully. Robson was suffering with the flu but Webster took advantage. That said O'Shea's been superb all week and he'll win this best of 17 set clash.