NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Great stuff as ever Jumbo and good luck to you and everyone else tonight. To be honest I do feel this is a Brisbane win tonight, but I might just look to a Bris 1-12 with a saver on Sharks 1-12, will have to see. I'm just as confident it'll be low scoring as I am that Brisbane will win so that'd seem like the smart thing to do I guess. Btw Vaga, what Jumbo says is spot on. Numbers and stats aren't anywhere near as significant as say Basketball etc. There are a very limited number of trends that I feel play in the NRL, but those ones I think are more from H2H clashes rather than any seasonal form etc. Anyone can win on any given week. By the way guys, I have developed a bit of an underdog betting system for the NRL. It's probably going to need a bit of tweaking and it might take a while to get going but I reckon I'll have it profitable by season's end. I'll post some details or a link to another thread about it later today.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) It will be intresting to see your system bro,as betting on underdogs is the sure fire way to make profit,so i'll loook forward to that. Good Luck to you as well tonight although we are both saying different things,I have the feeling that it will be a great match regadless of the result,and one of us is bound to get it correct as we have both chosen different sides.lol

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Cheers mate. I put my system in the systems section of this forum. Link is here: http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=791199#post791199 I know this one would have played the last couple of weeks with a couple of upsets I fancied (Canberra v Penrith, Tigers v Storm), so I decided to go ahead and put it into action. Probably going to bite me in the ass this week but I'm hopeful it'll come good.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Sharks v Brisbane bets are; Main bets: Brisbane to win @ 1.90 , Brisbane 1-12 @ 3.25 Side bets: Total Game Points Under 39.5 @ 1.90, Sharks HT 1-6 @ $4.75 Speculators: Pick the Score Brisbane 16-12 Sharks, Brisbane to win by 4pts @ $19

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Manly win by 1-12 margin A pretty consistent Manly side face an inconsistent Parramatta side. Manly are known for having a very good defence and Parramatta have shown that they can get frustrated with a team that has a good defensive line. Also Manly have a great home record as opposed to Parramatta who have only won once away this season. While Manly are expected to win this one, the problem is by how much. Parramatta have shown that they can play some good football when they want to, and there is the possibility that because these two teams share a rivalry from the past, this could ignite the team to play one of their better games. So, rather than take Manly at the handicap i'll take them at the margin. Cronulla win by 1-12 margin As mentioned, this should be a low scoring game which should be dominated by the forwards. Cronulla match up well here with Stuart's influence leading to the Sharks having the highest number of dominant tackles in the league. The forwards are utilised so effectively that they have are the leading team for carting the ball forward, which should set it up for Kimmorley and his kicking game. On one hand you have Cronulla winning a tough and bruising encounter away to the Warriors and now they have to back up from that, and on the other hand you have a below par Brisbane team beating a Souths team in a game with many errors and generally, poor play. As long as the Sharks can back up for this, they should win his as they have shown better recent form than the Broncos. There is nothing between the teams in terms of points scored, tries scored and completion rates, but on average, Cronulla concede 8 points less than Brisbane. Being at home is a plus, and they usually play better there at night too. Should be a close one so take the Sharks to win, but not by much. Like the picks jumbo :ok GL everyone with their's :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Good Luck to Blackcrow and Crouch,best of luck. Thanks Blackcrow for the mention,I also look forward to reading yours and Crouchs and Dingotechs picks,as you all seem to put a fair deal of thought into your guys selections. Where is that Dingotech anyway....

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Hey Guys. Early in the week I was really torn on the Sharks/Broncos match, but the sheer fact that Broncos looked average last week/sharks looked good and it's a Sharks home game has me keen on the home side. Looking at the history as already stated these games are tight so to add some value I'm taking the Sharks 1-12 @ $3.40. I've always been looking at the Manly side this week and having just heard Steve Matai is back I'm looking for them to have a big game against the Eels. The Eels record at Brookie is apparently something like 12 wins in 52 starts, not good form. I'm going to take Manly to win 13+. P.S. Hagan sucks as a coach. P.P.S. Apparently Mark Riddell may be coming back for the Eels tonight, doesn't change my bet though. Good luck guys. :D

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Can anybody keep me updated on the scores on the two matches tonite? I'm in work and unable to access sites where the scores are being posted. Would really appreciate it if you guys could post half time scores or scores every 20minutes or something please. Thanks very much if you can help me.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Manly win 22-12 after winning the 2nd half 20-6. 2nd half kings! For tomorrows matches everywhere i read a preview or study the form, people are putting the Cowboys down as bankers for the home win. I'm thinking of takig them in the handicap -12points. Would like to hear fromm Jumbo, Crouch Potato etc and their opinions. Thanks for the matches updates as well earlier lads.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) How come your going against the grain there Crouch and going for the away win? Dont the Cowboys look strong and have a good record at home. Only thing in favour of Penrith is they have won 8 of the last 12 meetings between the teams?

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Cowboys played on a Monday and Monday teams don't back up well. Plus the Panthers are one of those teams who can on their day spring a big surprise, much like the Raiders did a couple of weeks back. As I said though, my form is shocking atm.