NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Well done lads,hard luck Crouch bro. Good night tonight really.. 1k @ 1.95 =1950 50 on Manly 12 or less = 153 so we are at 2103 minus the stake 1103. For tomorrow I see value bets and will bet them as the night continuies,but being safe is important,so we put the original stake away and continuie with the 1103 and not to be greedy we will put 5oo on the Warriors to win at 1.91,you can get that price anywhere. The Cowboys are the second leg of mt two bets for tomorrow,but I won't post on that untill I place the bet,after the Warriors match,bet the house on them,maybe not the house,this is the NRL,maybe the garage.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Sorry Gerrie bro,I saw your post but wanted to watch both the games so I kept away from here,good to see crouch hooked you up,good stuff crouch bro. See you's tomorrow. Gerrie check in the morning bro,i'll do some write ups at about 11am,NZ time.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

Manly win by 1-12 margin :) Cronulla win by 1-12 margin :) Feels good when the result plays out on how you expected it to. Well done to everyone else who made some money too :ok
It sure does brother,great work.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) I was really thinking of going heavy on the Cowboys but Crouch Potato is putting me off with his analysis. I've seen the Panthers and they have been fairly awful, but the cowboys do have a reckon of screwing things up once the teams are picked for the origin and they supply the NSW coach and Queensland assistant coasch and many players. Remember last year??? They were going along nicely and then collapsed once the origins were picked. Maybe the Cowboys should be avoided tomorrow? Heh?

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) There's far better bets on the board this weekend than Penrith with the points imo .. No question they have the talent to hang with the Cowboys if not win straight up but do you really wanna gamble on which Panthers team turns up in Townsville? Good luck ...

Manly win by 1-12 margin :) Cronulla win by 1-12 margin :) Feels good when the result plays out on how you expected it to. Well done to everyone else who made some money too :ok
A margin double ... ! Cash those quick before they turn into pumpkins!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) The price has dropped a bit on the Cowboys -12 points so I am thinking now only of backing the Cowboys to win the match. People here talk of the Panthers coming good however the Cowboys will surely be out to impressed. Have won 5 games in a row. Are at home. Pushing for the top of the league. Can panthers cause a shock. I would like to read Jumbo's thoughts?

No offense to anyone here' date=' but come on Sharks 2nd half!! Took them on the ML after reading the good posts here.[/quote'] Marcus bro,no offence,but the game go's for 80mins bro,watch the whole game first before you start questioning peoples opinions,the Sharks won and everybody on here got it correct as they did the Manly Game. Do you watch the NRL bro,if you do you will know that picking winners in this comp is hard if you think it's not then you are watching the wrong comp mate,don't get offended but come on bro,if you follow us,thats your decision,I won't take responsibility for your loss if we lose because i've more than likely lost more than you.Anyways bro,we got you off to a good start,now lets see whats on offer today..Post a tip bro,wrong or correct it's the effort that matters.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Onto todays looks... Knights vs Warriors Quite possibly two of the hardest sides to watch at the moment,with one side winning and losing games and the other looking like world beaters one second and then world enders the next. The Knights do have a very solid forward pack and decent backs,their main problem is that Kurt Gidley is not getting involed untill late in matches,I don't like his play,but you have to give him credit as he can turn nothing into something,but why wait untill the last 20 to try it? The Warriors are short on personal today with Witt,Martin and Mc'Kinnion still out,Hohia comes in as does Lawrie,Lawrie is a great story of never giving up on your dreams,he trys very hard and derserves his place in the 17,with Price,Wiki,Rapira and Anderson with Luck the Warriors have a very strong forward pack and with Ropati at stand off and Hohia in the centres they will go well here. Even with the Warriors losses in personal I think they will win here today,they were more than upset about last weeks performance against the Sharks and I think they may come out tonight and really try to hurt the Knights early.These two sides stack up very well to each other,but the Bulldogs exposed some gapping holes in the Knights defence and don't be surprised if the Warriors take those same options.The Warriors have won their last two here by 4 points,I think the Warriors will win by about 10 today,I can also tell you that at trainning this week the Warriors were fighting with each other which is actually a good sign,it means that the Warriors are upset with their performance last week,so look for a big effort from the Warriors tonight. 500 on Warriors win @ 1.94 Souths vs Raiders Were'nt the Raiders unlucky last week,to be leading by that much and given chance after chance to win,but failing to take any of them.Souths will really want to put this game beyond doubt early and forget their two heartbreakers,I think we will see Souths first big score today. The Raiders do play with commitment but it's to no avail if their attack keeps stuttering along like it is,Withers is a greta player but his option taking is abysmal,I do actually like the Raiders but I see them running into a very upset Bunnies side today,looking foir some redemption. Souths have great stats but untill they can produce a big effort on attack,they will still lose games at the death.Souths have shown that they are near on unbreakable in defence,but they are brittle in attack,although in truth against the Warriors they could of won by more than the 8 they were up by and against the Broncos they showed they could get to the Broncos line,but had no idea on how to attack it. Their are specific ways to attack the Raiders line and Manly showed it perfectly,strecth the defence then head back in,the Bunnies will try this today and with Hegarty,Meritt and Vagana they have the personal to do the damage.Souths forward pack is very battle hardened and the Raiders may find the going tough against Asotasi,Widders,Cusak and Irvine.I exspect the Souths forward pack and WQilliams at half to play well here today as this is their first game when they are playing a softer side than they have been,13+ might be a stretch but I would'nt bet against it,Souths - 6.5,which is huge I might add,looks to be the safest option,just a couple of small excitement bets on this one for me as I don't see much value in this match. 5 on Merritt to score the last try @ 10 5 on Merritt to score the first try @ 10 50 on Souths - 6.5 @ 1,95 Cowboys vs Panthers There seems to be some confusion over what to do in this match,I have no doubts which way I am headed here. When you look at the Panthers on paper,you can get excited as on paper they are fantastic,but on the field it is a different picture altogether,but don't just blame the players and don't blame the coach either.blame the fact the Jhon Lang and Matthew Elliot are two completly different coaches and the Panthers are just not comming to terms with the new game plan Elliot has given them,it contradicts everythin that Lang had taught them,they will improve,but against the Cowboys tonight,I doubt they will even get the chance. If you think the Panthers forwards are big,then go to a Cowboys match and take a look at these guys they are like walking Giants,I was amased at the Warriors match just how big these guys really are,they are massive.But in truth the real strenght of this Cowboys side is their little men Thurston,M.Bowen,B.Bowen,Faiumu and Jenson,these players although small are the real strength of this Cowboys and their backlin play is fantastic,they all know each other very well and that is why they do so well. In the last 3 weeks Thurston has put Matty Bowen away 4 times and Thurston has had the last pass in all but one of their last 14 trys over the 3 matches,it does'nt help to take Thurston out either as there is still Jason Smith and Matt Bowen to contend with and not many sides can even do that.I have no doubts the Cowboys will win and win big here,the Panthers cannot stop Thurston and Bowen and if the Panthers keep making errors it could get very ugly indeed.The Cowboys are firing on all cylynders at present and the only side who could maybe bring them back to earth right now is the Storm and the Panthers are'nt them,I'm on the Cowboys to win big here,with some small excitement bets.. 5 on Bowen to score first try @ 10 5 on Bowen to score last try @ 10 Cowboys by 13 +,but I will not place that bet untill the Warriors match is finished so I can see where we are at. Good Luck to all for today,lets hope for another good day.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Hey all, thanks for the tips; managed some funds recovery on the 1-12 manly win. Just posting my bets. Warriors H2H 8 points Bunnies -6.5 5 points For excitement I took Jumbo's suggestion of first/last try-scorers for 1 point. Good luck guys! :)

Marcus bro,no offence,but the game go's for 80mins bro,watch the whole game first before you start questioning peoples opinions,the Sharks won and everybody on here got it correct as they did the Manly Game. Do you watch the NRL bro,if you do you will know that picking winners in this comp is hard if you think it's not then you are watching the wrong comp mate,don't get offended but come on bro,if you follow us,thats your decision,I won't take responsibility for your loss if we lose because i've more than likely lost more than you.Anyways bro,we got you off to a good start,now lets see whats on offer today..Post a tip bro,wrong or correct it's the effort that matters.:ok
How was I questioning anything about anyones opinions? I said "no offense" as to anyone that bet on the other side of the game then me. I always say that out of respect to people. Have no clue how you took anything I said there as questioning peoples views on here.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) KiwiMike bro,Did you take the Jetz in the Bartercard Cup?? They were at $10 at kick off,final score Couties Jetz 28 Waitakere Rangers 26!!!!!! YEE - HAA!!!!!!!!!!!:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana

Reasonable query from Marcus000 IMO as I didn't understand your response either ? :)
Do you want a reply do you?? After half time of the Sharks/Broncos match marcus writes "No offence to anyone here,but come on the Sharks 2nd half!!!I trook them at the ML after reading the posts here" So if the Sharks lost,whos fault is it then??Mine?? I bet my own money,I'm sure you do to,at nleast wait untill the games finished before you start saying I took them because you guys said to,read between the lines Kane. I'm getting pissed off at all the nay sayers who want to blame us if we get a pick wrong,I ain't telling you to bet on them!! You bet your money,you lose your money,the same as me if it loses,I'll tell you what instead of following,go and do your own research and post your own tip,people come here in the hope of winning some money,and I try my best to get you some,but for people who never say anything untill they think they are going to lose money,I find that crap disrespectful,tell me,how many people apart from the regualar tipsters have ever said "Thanks Jumbo for thetip",not many only a few,and yet you all expect me to just sit here while you all want to know why one might be wrong!!!! If thats the case then why come here?? The match go's for 80mins,not 40 or 50,sit out the whole3 game before you comment,tell me did the Sharks win?? My bank balance tells me they did. You know I answer everyone with a question on here,but no more,from now on you all be you and i'll be me. Not including the regular visitors just the ones who never say anything except for "That was wrong bro,yous said..." Geez,don't depend on us,do some looking for yourself and then decide,you make the decision on your own money,don't look for blame because you think we might be wrong,where was Marcus response when the Sharks won,there was'nt one was there.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Jumbo, don't let the turkeys get to you. You are 100% right, we make our own decisions and we bet our own $. I'm wholly and solely responsible for my losses and, when I win and if I have taken advantage of someone else's research, I'm grateful. I don't always agree with your predictions but I certainly appreciate your effort in posting as frequently as you do and the considered appraoch you and others like Blackcrow take to all this. On saying all that, given your track record, I wish you'd pick the Dragons more often - then they might win a few knowing your $'s on them!

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Thanks mate,beleive it or not that means alot to me. Sorry mate,I won't be tipping the Dragons tomorrow either.lol It does get to me more tham it should,but mainly because no one sez thanks for the tip,but people are quick to react if it might lose,anyway lets forgive and forget on Marcus and Kane they are alright. I don't handle critics well,you can probaly tell. Good luck with your betting mate.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) You read way too much into things, sorry bro. My comment about my placing the bet due to the great posts on here with information was to show respect to those that contributed on this thread. It was no way me putting blame on anyone if the bet lost and I still have no clue how the hell you get that. As I said the "no offense" part of my post is something I type all the time when I root on a team or player to win as I don't mean any disrespect for anyone on the other side of that match. I guess its like a superstition to me. It was in no way saying I blame anyone if the bet lost in any way. You are reading way too much into a stupid simple statement I made rooting on the Sharks. I know the intent I made of the post because I'm the one that posted it, so stop trying to tell me I meant something when it isn't even close to being the truth.

You read way too much into things, sorry bro. My comment about my placing the bet due to the great posts on here with information was to show respect to those that contributed on this thread. It was no way me putting blame on anyone if the bet lost and I still have no clue how the hell you get that. As I said the "no offense" part of my post is something I type all the time when I root on a team or player to win as I don't mean any disrespect for anyone on the other side of that match. I guess its like a superstition to me. It was in no way saying I blame anyone if the bet lost in any way. You are reading way too much into a stupid simple statement I made rooting on the Sharks. I know the intent I made of the post because I'm the one that posted it, so stop trying to tell me I meant something when it isn't even close to being the truth.
You start by saying sorry and then finish with an insult. Good luck toyou Marcus,you gonna post a tip or carry on about it,I forgive you Marcus,can we drop it now or what.

Also Jumbo what do you think about the super 14 semis tonight? Both South African teams to progress?
Have a look on Betshoot mate,both the games have been picked and are both there,take a look while you are registering.:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) I said sorry that you read too much into it. And I didn't insult you at the end, I was just stating the truth that your trying to tell me what I meant on a post when I am very sure of what I meant on it and explaining to you. I explained what I meant by the post and am done now. It was not me blaming anyone or anything if the bet lost, it was just me rooting on the Sharks and giving respect to the posters here that gave quality information and opinions about the games. Nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing more I can say about this as I've already explained it a few times my intentions of the post. I'm not gonna argue about this anymore as I've made my point known. If you dont wish to believe it then so be it.