NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) New Zealand -2.5 @ 2.10 Both packs have big sets of forwards complimented by some good dummy half runners. Look to both sides to target the weakness of their opposing big packs which is their slow recovery to get back in the line. While Buderus is probably the best player of both teams to exploit this, in actual fact, it is the Knights who have had the most problems in this area during the season, so look to players like Fien to make the most of it. I think the Warriors to be more primed to make up for their loss last week and they head to Newcastle with a good record, having won the last 2 games there, as well as 3 out of last 4 between the two sides. Canberra win No disrespect to the Souths supporters out there, but i don't like this team so i'm only making a small bet here for an upset. One player i have alot of time for is Carney and he's back for Canberra. The raiders are nothing flash but he gives them that bit of spark and unpredictability that every team needs. North Qld 13+ Two teams going in opposite directions. The Cowboys have picked it up a bit in the last few weeks, especially their playmakers like Bowen and Thurston. The Panthers look disorganised, and uninspired. Too many mistakes and to many of their players out of form. Can't see anything but a comfortable Cowboys victory Once again jumbo, we share similar views. GL all :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

New Zealand -2.5 @ 2.10 Both packs have big sets of forwards complimented by some good dummy half runners. Look to both sides to target the weakness of their opposing big packs which is their slow recovery to get back in the line. While Buderus is probably the best player of both teams to exploit this, in actual fact, it is the Knights who have had the most problems in this area during the season, so look to players like Fien to make the most of it. I think the Warriors to be more primed to make up for their loss last week and they head to Newcastle with a good record, having won the last 2 games there, as well as 3 out of last 4 between the two sides. Canberra win No disrespect to the Souths supporters out there, but i don't like this team so i'm only making a small bet here for an upset. One player i have alot of time for is Carney and he's back for Canberra. The raiders are nothing flash but he gives them that bit of spark and unpredictability that every team needs. North Qld 13+ Two teams going in opposite directions. The Cowboys have picked it up a bit in the last few weeks, especially their playmakers like Bowen and Thurston. The Panthers look disorganised, and uninspired. Too many mistakes and to many of their players out of form. Can't see anything but a comfortable Cowboys victory Once again jumbo, we share similar views. GL all :ok
Blackcrow, suggest you invest in a bottle of 'Oldcrow' while that warriors game is on ... not saying it's a bad bet, far from it, but a solid state of inebriation is always necessary when your money rests on the warriors winning .. :beer X 48

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Anybody know what the weather is like in Newcastle? The match points line is set at 40.5 and I'm very much liking the look of overs, but don't want to go ahead if there's a bit of rain etc. about. As for the Cowboys game, I will be on Penrith ML and to win by ridiculous margins, but it's only part of an experimental system and I wouldn't class it as a fancy, rather just something I find plausible.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Won't be around tomorrow, so getting in early with these picks Titans -2.5 @ 2.10 The Titans play a simple game based around getting field position, from good yardage from their forwards and kicking from Prince, and eliminating mistakes and penalties. They are nothing flash but the wins they have had is from playing to the basics very well. The Roosters are a frustrating side with some very good players mixed with some ordinary ones. There is not much cohesion between the players and have largely underperformed as a team this year. While they struggle to match the better teams the Titans are very competitive with the weaker ones and i think they will do enough to beat the Roosters Tigers -3.5 @ 2.10 Very similar review for this game as the one above. However the Tigers have alot more going for them than the Titans while the Dragons are on par with the Roosters. I don't understand why the line is so low given the Tigers performance last week when beating the Storm and they have won their last 3 weeks. Could it be the loss of Benji Marshall or the fact that there are many Dragons supporters out there with more dollars than sense / cents ;) . Each week you hear of a plunge by Dragons supporters who have nothing to show for their side's poor performance. This looks too good to be true as the Tigers have also won 3 of the last 4 clashed between the two sides

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) To the shock and suprise of all posters I'm going to put my $$ on the Knights to win 1-12. :loon The forward packs are pretty close in terms of size so I'm giving the edge to Newcastle due to 3 players, Buderus, Gidley and Mullen. I think people are assuming that the loss of Witt, MacKinnon and Martin won't hurt the Warriors but MacKinnon sure hurt them last week and losing two goal kickers can't help in what should be a close match. Go the Knights :nana North Queensland to kick the crap out of the completely average Panthers, the Panthers form has been very poor over the last few weeks. Gower seems to be trying to hard to try and get into the NSW side and Priddis is just a shadow of his previous form. I'm on the Cowboys to win by more than the -10.5. If you want to talk about inconsistent sides then the Canberra Raiders have been the Kings IMO so I'm keeping well clear of them on the road. Souths -6.5 for mine. Good luck all. :drums

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Yeah, 7 of the last 8 have gone overs and both teams are capable of putting some points on. Warriors have looked a bit lazy in defence at times too so with a small line I feel better with that then looking to pick a winner. GL to everyoen tonight.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Hey boys, Finaly my internet is back up and running so i can get back to posting. I have changed my betting styles instead of having big amounts on hd2hd and multi bets only i have expanded to single bets as well as multis for little amounts. Not to sound like a bshitter hear are my selections so far using 1 unit as 10 dollars 5/10 Units MANLY 1-12 : 163.50 won 5/10 UNITS STEWART to score more try's than HAYNE: 127.50 won 5/10 UNITS CRONULLA 1-12: 155 won 5/10 UNITS CRONULLA 1-4 Hlftime margin: 175 lost 5/10 UNITS WARRIORS 1-12 : 165 5/10 UNITS STH SYD 13+ : 117.50 5/10 UNITS STH SYD 19+ : 187.50 5/10 UNITS NTH QLD 1-12 : 150 5/10 UNITS 2 LEG MULTI SYDNEY SWANS/MERRIT to score more tries than VAGANA : 263.50 5/10 UNITS 4 LEG MULTI NTHQLD/STHSYD/ADL+6.5/CRUSADERS : 357 5/10 UNITS 4 LEG MULTI NTHQLD/STHSYD-6.5/DERBY+0.5/SHARKS : 252 GL BOYS

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) I'm going for a multi of 5 today. 3 NRL games and two Super 14 games. Souths, Nth Qnslnd, Storm, Bulls, Sharks. Odds work out to be about 6.3. Souths I'm expecting them to get a win tonight although I think it could be close. Two close losses is enough and there should be a lot of resolve. Nth Queensland. I'm hoping the home factor gets the Cowboys home over the Panthers. Likewise with the Storm. Super 14. Expecting roughly a 10 point win for the Sharks and a 15 point win for the Bulls. Blues could win but I can see the South africans on fire tonight.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) THX JUMBO! Oh my god how did the warriors butcher that one? I must take my hat of to newcastle i lost my bet, but i am very pleased for newcastle for showing that fight that a certain tennis player by the name of L.Hewwit was famous for! Well done newcatsle

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Super 14. Expecting roughly a 10 point win for the Sharks and a 15 point win for the Bulls. Blues could win but I can see the South africans on fire tonight. i agree with sthsyd/storm/nth qld, and sharks however i realy do think the crusaders will beat the bulls. GL anyway kiwi:ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Bad luck on the Warriors. They should have won that one but they blew it. Nice work by Dingotech too who bucked the trend and took the Knights. Nothing much for me in the next games, just the specs on Penrith ML @ $4.10, Penrith 13+ @ $10.50 and Penrith 16-20 @ $26. I do point out they are just specs :)

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) A lot of defensive work done by the Cowboys in the first half. Stats say they have made 58 more tackles than the Panthers and from watching the Panthers have absolutely dominated. Have this funny feeling they are going to come out well in the second half though.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) :okWow nice call on the panthers game CP :ok The bloody cowboys always do that at home when there expected to win but in saying that the Panthers were brilliant and i take my hat of to them. I have to say i like my mighty dragons tomorrow. Mathew Head looks like he is returning to form and when he is watchout as IMO he is a champion halfback. Also with Hornby back at fullback he can direct the team around as the game play all folds out in front of him. Also his combo with head will be a winning one with hornby coming into 2nd reciever on attack. So i will be taking my dragons tomorrow into the titans and MASSA to win the gp. gl boys :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) New Zealand -2.5 @ 2.10 :wall They threw this game away. Fitness is a huge issue here Canberra win :) Nice doggie wins here but only made a small amount North Qld 13+ :wall They looked very flat. Monday hoodoo strikes again

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Ok nuthin to do with league but when i lost on the league tonight i looked for some sports to do a multi 4 LEGS fernando GONZALEZ hd2hd/SHARKS-6.5/henrick STENSON to beat tiger WOODS rd 3 2ball/CRUSADERS 1-12 I put 80 on it @ 30.17 :ok gonzalez won :ok sharks won by 15 :ok stenson is 6 up with 9 to play :ok COME ON CRUSADERS 1-12 :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Today's selections - Titans 1-12 Still don't rate the Roosters, they are very average this year and their coach doesn't seem to have any answers. I still think the game will be close however as the Titans haven't been that special recently. Dragons +2.5 With Head, Woolford, Cooper and Young all supposedly playing for the Dragons today they have a much better line-up. The Tigers went well last week despite Benji being out but there is a lot of pressure on Farah to cover work in the halves. Hoping to see an improved effort from the Dragons in a close game. Good luck guys. :dude