** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

Friday 11 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Cronulla Sharks v Brisbane Broncos (10:30 BST)2.02 1.68110% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time
Manly Sea Eagles v Parramatta Eels (10:30 BST)1.39 2.32116% Related markets...Match Result
Saturday 12 May 2007
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Newcastle Knights v NZ Warriors (08:30 BST)1.81 1.65116% Related markets...Match Result
North Qld Cowboys v Penrith Panthers (10:30 BST)1.16 2.12134% Related markets...Match Result
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Canberra Raiders (10:30 BST)1.46 2.12116% Related markets...Match Result
Sunday 13 May 2007
Sydney Roosters v Gold Coast Titans (05:00 BST)2.32 1.51110% Related markets...Match Result
Wests Tigers v St G-Illawarra Dragons (06:00 BST)1.50 2.00117% Related markets...Match Result
Monday 14 May 2007
Melbourne Storm v Canterbury Bulldogs (10:00 BST)1.31 2.32120% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 May 11th - 14th)

#

Club

P

W

D

L

B

F

A

%

PTS

Sea Eagles

Storm

Cowboys

Warriors

Sharks

Rabbitohs

Wests Tigers

Bulldogs

Titans

Eels

Knights

Broncos

Dragons

Raiders

Panthers

Roosters

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Thanks Ads25 once again, very much appreciated your setting up the tread every week. First impressions on the weekends action.... Sharks vs Broncos:First impressions are Sharks win here and if the Broncos don't do something it could be by alot. Manly vs Parramatta:Manly have shown an amasing ability of scoring big numbers when they are needed to,I think the Eels may be in for a rather big loss this week,at first glance. Knights vs Warriors:I think the Knights may just get this one,which i'm sure Dingotech will be pleased to hear me say that. Cowboys vs Panthers:The Panthers could well be in serious trouble here. Souths vs Raiders:Which Raiders side is going to turn up today? I don't think it will matter,the Bunnies have had two heartbreakers in a row,THEY WILL win this week. Roosters vs Titans:The Roosters have to stop the rot and get another win,i'm picking that the Cowboys have damaged the Titans forwards and they won't back up well,Roosters to win. Tigers vs Dragons:Dragons may of won last week but it was'nt convincing,Tigers will win big here,me thinks. Storm vs Bulldogs:And the big one which has been saved for MNF,the Storm WILL get back on track here. Only early thoughts,we'll re think later in the week. See you all then.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Depends on quote, but I would heavily favour the Under on the Sharks v Broncos game. Tradition is Under, Sharks have the best defence this year and Brisbane's attack looks awful. Still, Broncos have a decent goal line defence and I don't think the Sharks will thrash us, nor do I feel they have the little men to tear us to shreds.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Jumbo good call on Jazz/GS overs today. Its still early days but I like Storm, Manly & Souths. Well Storm should bounce back after loss, while away teams never win at Manly fortress & rabbitohs are due for a win after 2 narrow defeats. Cant wait to see Lion go up against his former team. Turning to soccer, i like Roma @ 2.4 against Inter in Coppa Italia cup. Motivation factor should get roma across the line in first leg. Well Inter has some key injuries and they may be still celebrating the scudetto. But i will come back with reports etc

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) None of the bookies have the weekend matches priced up yet, however on betfair the market is very slow. Manly Sea Eagles were available to back at 1.45 and the lay was 1.70. I decided to ask for odds of 1.65 to back manly. I totally didnt expect to get the odds matched. An hour later I lowered my ask to 1.54 and its all after being match. I'm delighted I got odds of 1.54 which should be significantly better than what the bookies offer. I think Manly have the beating of Paramatta but Manly at home you sometimes wonder are they going to slip up. For those interested, you can lay Parmatta on Betfair and get around 1.53 for your money.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th)

Jumbo good call on Jazz/GS overs today. Its still early days but I like Storm, Manly & Souths. Well Storm should bounce back after loss, while away teams never win at Manly fortress & rabbitohs are due for a win after 2 narrow defeats. Cant wait to see Lion go up against his former team. Turning to soccer, i like Roma @ 2.4 against Inter in Coppa Italia cup. Motivation factor should get roma across the line in first leg. Well Inter has some key injuries and they may be still celebrating the scudetto. But i will come back with reports etc
I like Roma as well,but the real money looks to be on Chelsea tomorrow morning against Unites. United are resting several key players including Schooles,Rooney,Giggs and Ronaldo.Chelsea may be missing Drogba,Sheva and Robben,but this match is huge for Chelsea and I think they will be very serious about it,to show that they are still great,all the pressure is off them now and I can see them winning like last year in this match 3-0.I'm on them at 2.40 and -1 at 4.50.:eyes

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Actually mate,heres a quick update for you on the odds for that match,Chelsea were at 2.40 last night when I took them after speaking to a friend over in England and -1 was at 4.50 here at the TAB. Now Chelsea sit at 2 and -1 is at 4.10 and dropping fast,if you are keen get on quick.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) I forgot about the Chelsea/Man U game, its on 5am fox tomorrow morning. Yeh the ods on sportstab are 2.00. I know Man U have won the premiership but why they resting players ?

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) I'm unsure about the total in that game and would prefer the start for the Spurs or the total to fall under,as I think the Suns will try and play some defence today,I don't think it will help though,Ginobli was awful in Game 1 and if he plays well with Parker and Duncan the same,I would expect the Spurs to win again. Ferguson is resting players for the FA Cup final this weekend and to give them a rest,but really the EPL is no longer important for them,so why not,this match will mean more to Chelsea than United.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Shuck's I took the Cavs by 8 or less $50 at 2.80 as well for fun,the total looks already passed,so a very good day,if the Spurs can get the spread even better,but i'm well up just from the total,so very pleased.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Since we're talking about other events, I have a confession to make. I'm an absolute Eurovision loving freak. Anyway, it's on this weekend from Helsinki and I have to say I think Ukraine are a standout. I got on them at almost 17s a month or so ago after I heard the entries and the act is classic Eurovision. For the semis, I think Serbia are a good bet at 5s. The contestant looks a bit like a super dyke, but the song and vocals are really good. Oh, I'll probably take a small bet on Carvalho last scorer tomorrow morning. He's got the last goal in the past 2 meeting and I'll be looking to make that a hat-trick. Also AFL/NRL accumlators now seem to be on Betfair - probably no liquidity though

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Crouch Potato, Ricardo Carvalho is out for this match just like he was out against Liverpool, thats why Chelsea are not in the UEFA Champions League Final.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Crouch Mate,I know nothin about Eurovison but the guys on Betshoot are all over it,funny you know it's not sport is it. The web master there likes Macedonia,i've no idea why,but he does. Was'nt the Chelsea/Man U match absoloute crap this mornning,the Football is really bad at present,I know the season is winding down but geez,it was boring. Heres a prediction on the Football relagation battle,Wigan/Sheffield will draw and the Hammers will beat Chelsea and stay up,hows that for a gret escape.Tevez will kill em.

Damn i was counting for overs but didnt happen Anyways 2nite im taking Roma & Chelsea DNB, also taking the handicap. GL
I told you the unders!!!:wall But then again I also said Spurs would cover the 5.:$

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Yeh i haven't had much luck when it comes to picking NBA teams, but i like betting on player performance. FORZA ROMA!! I knew they would win but not 6:2 I took the win & covered the draw so a good start to the day:clap Doesn't West ham play Man U this wkend?

They sure do!!
Actually they don't,I got the two big games for this weekend mixed up. Chelsea play Everton in a massive game foe Eveton,win or draw and europe beckons for the toffees,lose and not to be. The Hammers play Man U. Can they conjure up a great escape??I'll say yes,Man U have the FA Cup to think about.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Guys, dont wanna be a party pooper but could we keep the European soccer talk for that particular thread and keep this thread for NRL only. We're getting a bit off track here Thanks guys, and keep up the good work :ok :ok

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Mate,the NRL has'nt started yet,are you telling us we are not allowed to talk about anything but League?? It would seem that we like a few different sports and we do take care of the NRL on here,what if we talk about other sports on this thread as we all tend to like it?? We do handle the NRL and handle it rather well,but are you telling us what we can and can't do?? If so will we be barred??

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Could be bias here, but I quite fancy Brisbane tonight. The Sharks played on a Monday against the Knights, then some of them played City Country on the following Thursday before travelling across the ditch to take on the Warriors. Now 6 days later they play Brisbane who've had a full week to recover. I could obviously be wrong but I feel that this gives Brisbane an edge, which is enhanced by the fact that I feel this will be a very forward oriented battle that will be slugged out in the forward. I expect a tight, low scoring games. The past 3 games at Sharkies home ground has ended exactly Brisbane 16-12 Sharks. Worth a pick the score bet perhaps. In the last 2 games at least Sharks led at HT. Sharks at HT by 1-6 might be a good value bet @ $4.75 but I definitely think Brisbane to win and Brisbane 1-12 are the major plays for tonight. Other game I haven't thought about as much but I do think that Manly had a big Sunday 2nd half performance last round and might struggle to get up for this one. Eels on the line (+7.5) looks good to me but my feel is stronger for the Brisbane game.

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Are there any key numbers in Rugby League (or Rugby Union for that matter)? As in NFL game often results with a difference of 3,7,10,6,4 points. What do you guys say about Manly (-6.5) 1.91 ? Last week I got Warriors -8 when the rest of the world was -12. My first NRL bet and Warriors got beat straight up.:wall

Re: NRL Rugby - Round 9 (May 11th - 14th) Geez,your earlty bro,anyway.... Sharks vs Broncos. I realise the Sharks have played alot over the last 7 days,but I would still prefer the Sharks to the Broncos,history as Crouch has already said is firmly in the Broncos favour and to be really honest,I hate tipping against the Broncos as they have been the stand out performers for the past 10 seasons,but I fail to see the Broncos winning. If we are going to talk about history,the Sharks had not won in Auckland for bloody ages and yet they won last week and no one gave them any hope of doing so,I do agree that this match will be close,but how close,I'm unsure.The Sharks are really munching the meters up this year and are not giving to much away in defence either,it's a really hard match to call. The Broncos although a great club just don't full me with confidence this year,although this match could very well suit them if it is a forward battle which Crouch has already stated,but I find it hard to find positives in the Broncos,apart from Carroll,Petro,Hunt and Lockyer and Lockyer has been very up and down to date. The Broncos over the last two weeks have been very one dimensional,their game against Souths was very much one out runners and it was like watching two sides who really did'nt want to lose,not two teams trying to win.I do still very much like the Broncos,but I see no reason to start backing them yet,the Broncos defence is getting miles better,but against Souths and the Storm they were never really tested.I think the Sharks will win here tonight in a close battle,the Sharks have a very well balanced side at present and are firing well at home,the Broncos have a great side but are just not getting the job done in areas that they used to be cery good at,the Sharks get Kimmorley and Kearney back in and I would rate the Sharks as a decent chance,it should also not be lost on us that Stewart will have talked all week about backing up last weeks efforts with a win at home for the faithfull and I think they may just get one for them. 1k Sharks @ 1.95. Manly vs Parramatta Which Eels side is going to turn up here tonigt and which Manly side are going tom turn up as well?? The eels are almost impossible to read at the moment,you think you have them figured out and then they go and thrash another side.It's getting to the point with the Eels and Dogs that you could flip a coin and probaly get closer than picking a result based on stats or history.The Eels seem to be very well off in certain areas but Tim Smith still scares the crap out of me,his face balls are just intercepts waiting to happen and although at times he looks like a genuis,Manly have a couple of genuis's of there own. The first 5 rounds it was all about Manlys defence and how great they were,now it's about how many points they can let in before scoring more to win.I'll tell you this much though the Manly side in the last two weeks have been behind at the break and then stormed home to almost nick one and did nick the other,they can score long range trys like no body and it's teriffic to watch for the punters,but I bet Dez Hasler is close to ripping his hair out.But Manly over the last 3 seasons have been the second half kings,although I bet Dezzy would prefer if they were the first and second half kings. It;s a bit of a hard match to call here really as both sides can score points,but the defence is a bit different,Manly have shown they can defend when needed to and score points when needed to,but Parramatta have not truly shown their hand yet,last week the Roosters had chances to score but just failed to get there and it was'nt excellent Eels defence that stopped them,it was terribl play from the Roosters that stopped them from scoring.From the outside looking in you would tend to back the home side here and thats what i'm doing,I won't be betting on this match seriously but I will say that the Sea Eagles will cover the spread,even though it's huge and win by 10.so... $50 on Manly 1-12 @ 3.10 Good luck to all with your selections.

Are there any key numbers in Rugby League (or Rugby Union for that matter)? As in NFL game often results with a difference of 3,7,10,6,4 points. What do you guys say about Manly (-6.5) 1.91 ? Last week I got Warriors -8 when the rest of the world was -12. My first NRL bet and Warriors got beat straight up.:wall
Nah mate,key numbers are'nt even a factor in Rugby League,the comp is so close now that picking a winner is very difficult,i Manly are capable of covering the spread but the best bet of the weekend looks to be Wests - 2.5 against the Dragons. Unlucky with your first bet but I will give you this bit of advice on the NRL.The Warriors last week looked to be the value bet,now I stayed away from that match for one reason,whenever a match in the NRL looks lopsided and very much favouring one side,chances are it will go the other way,you see unlike Rugby Onion and the NFL,these sides are really close in talent stakes and are not seperated by very much,mostly it comes down to the coaching and the players them selves,but you will learn as you go,Good luck for the Weekend,lay on a tip mate,no one here is 100% bro,no one.