hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have?

Masterplan

just spotted this hand while browsing around a few sites today. would be good to see any hand predictions or thoughts on what is going on here. No Limit Hold'em - 11:10:16 GMT - 2007/05/01 Seat 1: giminezster ($39,530.80) Seat 2: lazaking ($43,797.50) lazaking posts the small blind of $300 giminezster posts the big blind of $600 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** lazaking raises to $1,200 giminezster calls $600 *** FLOP *** [2s 8d Ac] giminezster bets $2,400 lazaking calls $2,400 *** TURN *** [2s 8d Ac] [3c] giminezster checks lazaking bets $7,200 giminezster calls $7,200 *** RIVER *** [2s 8d Ac 3c] [Kh] giminezster checks lazaking bets $9,000 giminezster has 15 seconds left to act giminezster calls $9,000 *** SHOW DOWN ***

Re: hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have? I think i'll get my cards, put them into a hat and pick 4 out... :tongue2 Will bang up a suggestion after the Liverpool Chelski match :ok

Re: hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have? I get the impression that the cards matter less at this level - they're just playing each other!! :unsure I think they both had crap - perhaps Lazaking has J 7 and Giminezster wins the $40k pot with his Q 5? :lol They've both got way too much money, that's for sure!! :cry TQM

Re: hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have? Usually watching big ring games on FullTilt the play is absolutely shocking at this level, to the point where high cards are good a lot of the time. I'm going to go out on a limb and give these guys some respect and try to pick out their cards based on their play. Have a gut feeling lazaking might have the 4-5 but all will be revealed soon :lol Anyway here goes;

No Limit Hold'em - 11:10:16 GMT - 2007/05/01 Seat 1: giminezster ($39,530.80) Seat 2: lazaking ($43,797.50) lazaking posts the small blind of $300 giminezster posts the big blind of $600 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** lazaking raises to $1,200 Minimum raise HU, gonna narrow him down to small pair/2 picture cards/suited connectors/suited A or K giminezster calls $600 3/1 odds to call HU, not much he's going to throw away, can have any 2 cards here IMO. *** FLOP *** [2s 8d Ac] giminezster bets $2,400 He's called the initial minraise and bets out the pot, so he's either hit a pair and protecting it against the Ace, or representing the Ace itself hoping the flop has completely missed his opponent. 2 pair might also be an option, a set here is unlikely I think. lazaking calls $2,400 No raise? May well have a rag Ace and feel the pot bet was extreme, worried about kicker problems now. May also still have a small pair and not convinced his opponent hit that flop. Could be calling very weak for a gutshot with 4-5 also. Calling for the bluff on the turn is still very much open here too. *** TURN *** [2s 8d Ac] [3c] giminezster checks Check is quite weak here, discarding the possibility of him having an Ace and putting him on a 2 or an 8 lazaking bets $7,200 lazaking now takes control of the hand by betting the pot, has he improved? The 3 could've made him 2 pair, also not discounting the possibility of a set now and knowing his opponent will call him with any decent hand. giminezster calls $7,200 He's called a big bet on the turn, he might've picked up a flush draw with his pair and calling since he may possibly have more outs to hit, may also think he is still ahead in the hand. *** RIVER *** [2s 8d Ac 3c] [Kh] giminezster checks This check once again looks weak, it doesn't look like his hand has improved much, and if it has then may still feel he's behind, hoping for a free showdown. lazaking bets $9,000 Looks a very nice value bet, under 1/2 the pot. Could also be a bluff attempt, i'm putting him on either a bluff or 2 pair/trips, or does he have the nuts? giminezster has 15 seconds left to act Uh-oh! Time's running out, he's thinking! giminezster calls $9,000 Makes the call, is it good? He will have at least a pair, but not Aces, he may have 2 pair with a busted flush draw but nothing bigger. *** SHOW DOWN *** Possible Hands IMO: lazaking: A/3 K/3 3/3 4/5 Stone-Cold bluff giminezster: Kc/8c 2/x 8/x
:nana:nana:nana

Re: hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have? ok the results. even though he get it the wrong way round, he managed to get closest to both hands the winner is Crouch Potato. Jimany got the 8/x but was nowhere enar the other hand, so runner up for him. here's the showdown lazaking shows [9c Tc] (Ace King high) giminezster shows [5d 8c] (a pair of Eights) giminezster wins the pot ($39,599.50) with a pair of Eights *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $39,600 | Rake $0.50 Board: [2s 8d Ac 3c Kh] Seat 1: giminezster (big blind) showed [5d 8c] and won ($39,599.50) with a pair of Eights Seat 2: lazaking (small blind) showed [9c Tc] and lost with Ace King high

Re: hand from a $300/$600 NLHE game - what hand do they have?

ok the results. even though he get it the wrong way round, he managed to get closest to both hands the winner is Crouch Potato. Jimany got the 8/x but was nowhere enar the other hand, so runner up for him. here's the showdown lazaking shows [9c Tc] (Ace King high) giminezster shows [5d 8c] (a pair of Eights) giminezster wins the pot ($39,599.50) with a pair of Eights *** SUMMARY *** Total pot $39,600 | Rake $0.50 Board: [2s 8d Ac 3c Kh] Seat 1: giminezster (big blind) showed [5d 8c] and won ($39,599.50) with a pair of Eights Seat 2: lazaking (small blind) showed [9c Tc] and lost with Ace King high
Stone-Cold Bluff was one of the hand predictions I said for lazaking :lol Crazy hand though, great call but I'd never have been able to make it!