Laptops

GB80

Re: Laptops

I'm thinking about getting a laptop' date=' which will mainly be used for poker. I'm pretty crap with computers, so I'm just wondering what size hard drive etc I should be looking at. Can anyone help or recommend anything?[/quote'] i use the DELL INSPIRON 1300 which has never let me down,you can get a good deal from www.dell.co.uk

Re: Laptops First thing I'd question is if you REALLY want/need a laptop for your poker ..... what's your main reasoning? How often do you expect to use it away from the desk? With a desktop, you get far more for your money (and will be easier/cheaper to upgrade/expand). I mainly use a Dell Insiron 9100 - I plug a wireless keyboard and mouse into it and a second monitor ..... 99% of the time it's used as a desktop by me.....

Re: Laptops Ta folks, I'll have a look at Dell & Dixons then. I want a Laptop instead of a Desktop for a few reasons, but the main one is that I think I'm going to have a bit more time away from home soon. I'd still use my desktop when I was at home until it dies on me.

Re: Laptops I know it's not normally on to plug other forums, but the MoneySavingExpert forum is definately the place to find a good deal on a laptop. Two deals worth a look right now: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=425664&highlight=dell http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=407974&highlight=dell

Look at www.ebuyer.co.uk - they're very competitively priced for most things :ok
Bought my mum an eBuyer laptop for Christmas, was an Acer. Was good value, but quite disappointed with the build quality - and the size/weight of the laptop. For the sake of a few extra pounds its worth buying a better brand like Dell or IBM.