AFL Football 2007 - Computer Generated Predictions

AFL Computer Generated Predictions - Season 2007 For those familiar with the concept used in my NBL Computer Generated Predictions in the NBL Basketball throughout last season, I have setup a similar program for the AFL this year. The results of the NBL thread (click here) was a 79% win rate (85 wins from 107) and i hope to have a similar sort of success rate with the AFL. To generate the predictions i take into account many different sorts of data which include the following: - Average Score - Avg Winning/Losing Margins - Percentage on Ladder - Total Quarters Won - Total Halves Won - Recent Form (Last 5 Games) - High/Low Scores - Home/Away Results - Last 5 Matches Against Opposition (Head to Head) Once all this data is taken into account, I weight the categories and convert all the data into percentages. By weight I mean, for example, Recent Form would be worth more points than what High/Low scores are worth, or Average Scores are worth more than Total Quarters Won. This way teams the better teams are rewarded. As we are only a couple of rounds in, it may take some time for the scores to sort themselves out, but overtime it should become more and more accurate as we go. I will continue posting the results of each round every Monday at the completion of the Round inside this thread the same way i did for the NBL one. So heres to the future! :cheers

Re: AFL Football 2007 - Computer Generated Predictions Very much looking forward to this Ads. After the amazing accuracy your NBL thread had, combined with the fact that the AFL offers a market for both teams scores, I'm quite looking forward to seeing your predictions and enjoying some great successes. :hope

Re: AFL Football 2007 - Computer Generated Predictions

Looking at your predictions Ads' date=' you got half of the margins right (1-39 etc.) and almost came very close to picking an exact margin. If you don't mind, I'd like to run a system based on your predictions in the S&S thread.[/quote'] No problems mate, fine with me :ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: AFL Football 2007 - Computer Generated Predictions

Is this still going ahead or???
I will go through and update it all when i get some time. Spent a week and a half in the UK and a few days up in Queensland this month so havnt had any time to adjust. Will get on to it shortly :ok