whats your bank for cheltenham

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham

i set a 100 pound bank this year because the last few festivals i have lost a lot of doe by betting in every race
:welcome Jimbo to the PL. This is the place to be for Racing mate. I do have a bank but we tend to use points in here rather than pounds. My best bet is a 10pt bet, i tend to have 10pt or 5pt win bets at Cheltenham. Everyone says why waste your money on such hard racing, i dont agree, i would rather have a couple of hundered over 4 days at Cheltenham than throwing it on nags running round catterick on a monday I would agree that beeting in every race is possibly not the best but which ones do you leave out!! In one race last year i backed 5 horses all to win & made a good profit on a 50/1 winner. Hope you do well & dont forget to share your info in here mate.

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham Welcome to PL Jimbo :ok Its a personal thing. If you can afford to lose £100, then go for it. If you cant then trim it to £50 or £20 or whatever you feel suitable. You dont want to put yourself in a position when your p!ssed off at the end of the festival because you've lost all your bank.

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham Hi, jimbo might be an idea to split your bank into 4=£25 each day.This would mean u could have a bet every day. If u have a winning day u could increase ur bank for the remaining days.Best advise i was ever given was dont bet with wots not in your pocket! Any WELCOME TO PL and enjoy cheltenham.GOOD LUCK.

During the festival I'll double my stakes to 10pts e-w and 20pts win only
Why do that? Surely, if anything, bets should be smaller at the festival due to the awesome quality in almost every race. IMO, it is harder to find good value winners at the festival. I know my bets will be smaller than usual, and that will allow me to enjoy what should be some amazing races.

Why do that? Surely' date=' if anything, bets should be smaller at the festival due to the awesome quality in almost every race. IMO, it is harder to find good value winners at the festival. I know my bets will be smaller than usual, and that will allow me to enjoy what should be some amazing races.[/quote'] Absolutely spot on, Alex. There will be 1 or 2 races I will play at normal stakes (as they are genuinely very strong fancies) but I'll have small stakes on some other fancies for interest. I won't bet for betting sake, but I will probably play in approx 4 races each day (which is more than ideal). Whatever you do, I hope everyone has a very profitable Cheltenham:hope

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham To me Cheltenham is the pinnacle of the racing year and it is the time to use a bank I steadily stash away for this once a year event! I personally bet bigger over Cheltenham than at any other time in the year as I can back horses in the knowledge that everyone of them is going to try their level best, which I know will not happen all the time all year round. However this is my opinion what does everybody else think?

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham I've been selling bits of useless tat on ebay over the course of the last year and have left the money sitting in my paypal account. I have withdrawn it last week and it will be used as my "warchest" for the coming week. If I lose it, no big deal, but there's enough there to allow me some fun along the way. I dont bet on every race either - I pretty much finalised my cheltenham bets last night and i'm left with about 10 or 11 bets from the 24 races. As for doubling or reducing your stakes - i'd just judge that on a race by race basis. if you're confident about a selection, increase your stake, if not, then act a bit cagey and reduce it. I dont think staking plans should be treated any differently just because its Cheltenham.

I bet 5pts e-w and 10pts win only. During the festival I'll double my stakes to 10pts e-w and 20pts win only ;)
Because these races are picked over in great detail by everybody there is generally little value to be found, Why double you stake when it is harder to win ?:eyes

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham I agree with Jonsey, you spend all following these horses and building up veiws on the races so despite the fact the races are ultra competitive you should have a strong insight. Plus you will big prices on horses that have class. I never bet big on the grand National because thats too competitive but the Championship races are worth big punts in my mind.

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham £125 for me - been building it up - whenever I get a nice win, I put some money away. Got it all organised. I will do the same bet every day - 1 win bet and 1 EW bet. WIN BET 4x £2 wins and a 50p Yankee or 5x £2 wins and a 20p Canadian EW BET 4x £1 EW's and 25p EW Yankee or 5 x £1 EW's and 10p EW Canadian Personally, I cant wait - the rest of the money will be for random singles on my fancies.

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham stewart, very similar to how i used to it for years & no probs with that. I have changed over the last 3 years or so & dropped the multiples & concentrated on singles only with a daily nap of 1/3 of my bank for that day & then spread the rest of the money over the day. I have dropped EW bets in favour of backing more than 1 horse in same race. I find this more profitable as i used to get annoyed when my fancy fell or was brought down.

Re: whats your bank for cheltenham I havn't got a bank for Cheltenham this year and am not able to get any time off to watch it. :sad But I enjoy watching racing, especially Cheltenham, and winning a few quid is a bonus. Back in 86' I left my ex-wife in hospital having our son while I went to Cheltenham on Gold Cup day. :lol (21 next week :eek ) Before anyone asks, there is a story to it, I'm not a git. JJ O'Neil winning on Dawn Run....best race meeting I have ever been to. :ok