Evens to win!!!

aldric

Simple strategy: 1) Bet on any sport where the odds are as close to evens as possible. Home teams where possible are preferred and selections will be made on recent form and previous h2h results. 2) Use cancellation staking system. 3) Starting Bankroll 100 units. (I will be placing bets with real money) All bets will be placed on betfair. Cancellation system explained. The idea is to select a sequence of numbers, I am starting with: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the aim is to win the sum of the numbers in the sequence, which is 15 in this case. The first bet is the first and last number from the sequence added together, eg. 1+5 If this is a winning bet you score out these two numbers to be left with 2, 3, 4. If the bet had lost you add the total to the end of the sequence, which would be 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. You keep going until all the numbers are scored out, or you are unable to place the next bet due to having run out of bankroll. If you are confused, hopefully after a while it will all become clear. -------------------------------------------------------------------- The goal is to make 15 units each sequence, however it is likely that this figure will be slightly lower / higher as a result of the varied odds / commission from betfair.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Evens to win!!!

1' date= 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 = 1+6 = 7 units for next bet. Bet 2 Football, English FA Cup BLACKBURN to beat Man City 7 units @ 1.87 to win 5.80 units
WINNER - 2-0 :clap Bank: 99.8 Units P/L: -0.2 Units ----- It is already showing what happens if i don't place bets at evens, I should be 1 unit in profit. I will have to select a few bets at odds of around 2.25 to compensate, however only if the form etc dictates a selection!

will you be looking to lay if the odds are the equivalent to betting on evens - something i didnt look at when i looked at doubling up.
To be honest I really hadn't considered it at all... Good point though as I have seen a lot of matches tonight where even though the odds were around evens their form was awful and I couldnt see them winning. I will definately consider laying from now on. :ok

Re: Evens to win!!! 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 = 2+7 = 9 Units for next bet Bet 4 Soccer, Argentina LANUS to beat Racing Club 9 @ 1.91 to win 7.80. I like this match on recent form, Lanus are top of the form table in the last 10 games (7 2 1) where racing club have only won once in their last 10 games...

Good luck with this one mate! This is only paper trial for now?
Thanks :ok No, I am betting this with my hard earned cash!!! Not the best start though as it looks like it will be 3 losses out of 4...... I should maybe lay all the football teams that I think should win :unsure

2' date= 3, 4, 5, 7 = 2+7 = 9 Units for next bet Bet 4 Soccer, Argentina LANUS to beat Racing Club 9 @ 1.91 to win 7.80.
LOSER - 1-2 (Racing club had a man sent off and scored in injury time!) :wall Bank: 83.8 Units P/L: -16.2 Units

Re: Evens to win!!! 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 = 2+9 = 11 Units for next bet Bet 5 Ice Hockey, NHL San Jose V Edmonton Selection: SAN JOSE -1.5 11 @ 1.92 to win 9.64. This selection was brought to my attention by Expert on the NHL thread.... checking the stats also shows Edmonton have lost their last 6 games. :hope

2' date= 3, 4, 5, 7, 9 = 2+9 = 11 Units for next bet Bet 5 Ice Hockey, NHL San Jose V Edmonton Selection: SAN JOSE -1.5 11 @ 1.92 to win 9.64. This selection was brought to my attention by Expert on the NHL thread.... checking the stats also shows Edmonton have lost their last 6 games. :hope
WINNER - 3-0 :clap Bank: 93.44 Units P/L: -6.56 Units

WINNER - 3-0 :clap Bank: 93.44 Units P/L: -6.56 Units
A nice one! ;) After having an extra hard going on footies for the last 2 days (as you know...), I'm switching my attention to hockey for today. Almost sure I'll bet on Modo to win, following the advise of Bamse81 and G:G from http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44645&page=3. Will you join us on this one?

A nice one! ;) After having an extra hard going on footies for the last 2 days (as you know...), I'm switching my attention to hockey for today. Almost sure I'll bet on Modo to win, following the advise of Bamse81 and G:G from http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44645&page=3. Will you join us on this one?
Thanks to Expert for that pick :ok Thanks Player, they both certainly put up a good argument for Modo to win. I can't see many other games at that time worth betting on so, I will more than likely join the crowd, especially as the odds are right down my street!

Re: Evens to win!!! 3, 4, 5, 7 = 10 Units for next bet Bet 6 Horse Racing, 1430 Plumpton The Hardy Boy to win 10 @ 1.89 to win 8.19 I am going to have to think about this staking as the aim is to win 15 units per sequence and unless I take some odds at 2.20 or so that won't be happening. Hmmmmm.

This isn't going so well!! 3, 4, 5, 7, 10 = 13 Units for next bet Bet 7 Horse Racing, Taunton 15:10 LAY Eden Linty 13 @ 1.99 to win 12.87
Loser - Just came through to win on the line.... :wall I don't think ive had a run as bad as this before, thats 7 bets with only 1 winner :wall :wall :wall Bank: 70.44 Units P/L: -29.56 Units

3' date= 4, 5, 7, 10, 13 = 13+3 = 16 units next bet. Bet 8 Horse Racing, 15:30 Plumpton WENGER to win 16 @ 2.28 to win 19.51 units.
LOSER - On the line again, it was VERY close :wall Bank: 54.44 Units P/L: -45.56 Units ----- This is getting amusing and will be almost impossible to get this back on track :)

3' date= 4, 5, 7, 10, 13, 16 = 13+3 = 19 units next bet. Bet 9 Horse Racing, 1710, Taunon Venice Road to win 19 @ 2.20 to win 21.72 Everyone should lay this as I have selected it!!
WINNER - JUST held on.... good race to watch. :clap Bank: 76.16 Units P/L: -23.84 Units

Re: Evens to win!!! Because of all the losers the stakes will be much higher and I will be lucky to complete the first sequence which is embarassing! 3 wins in a row from here would be nice :) 4, 5, 7, 10, 13 = 13+4 = 17 Units next bet. Ice Hockey, Swedish Elitserien MODO to beat Timra 17 @ 1.91 to win 14.74 With thanks to the posters on the Euro Hockey thread for this selection.