Straddle Bets...oh boy!

Dodger

Re: Straddle Bets...oh boy! It's not in any of the major rules though (on memory alone) for No limit games to include Straddles, if the table agrees then i suppose it is pheasable, but just to up the stakes really.

Re: Straddle Bets...oh boy!

Cheers for the links very interesting' date=' but at the start of the episode, it sounded like there was a vote going on whether they would be excepted. The majority 5 - 3 agreed, in this particular case,[b'] isn't it just a case to see who has the biggest cock? If it were a rule, why would they have to vote? Looks like i have got egg on my face, :$ Still wouldn't allow it in one of my comps though:unsure
And why would this be :rollin

Re: Straddle Bets...oh boy! Sorry .... I don't quite get it :unsure Am I right in understanding that a straddle bet is a minimum riase (made blind)? Why not look at your cards first, then decide whether to minimum raise? :unsure Why would you want to get the action going, and build a pot when UTG? Especially blind? If you want to raise, surely you're better off waiting till you're in position? (and having looked at your cards) :unsure I'm clearly not quite getting it :unsure

Re: Straddle Bets...oh boy! As I see it...very murkily by the way...a Straddle will make you the new BB position. But each player in turn has the option of Straddling again, so if they then become the new BB position then the original straddler could end up hopelessly out of position. I think!

Re: Straddle Bets...oh boy! In cash games things like straddles, rabbit hunting, running it twice etc etc, they are all allowed, players just have to agree to them. Live cash is sort of like a game where the players decide what goes cos its all their own money etc on the line, rules get relaxed.

• 4 weeks later...