Celebrity Fame Academy

Anyone know if there are any bookies taking bets yet? I've heared that Shaun Williamson is taking part, & I know that he's an excellent singer. I've never heared of half the contestants, but Williamson is bound to get to the later stages, so hopfully there will be trading opportunities. Full line up: Angelica Ball, Colin Murray, Fred Mcauley, Linda Robson, Mel Giedroyc, Miranda Hart, Ray Stubbs, Rowland Rivron, Shaun Williamson, Tara Palmer-Thompkinson, Tricia Penrose, Zoe' Salmon. Actually, wasn't Tricia Penrose in Hartbeat? if it's the one I'm thinking of, she can sing too!

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Paddy's are the first (and only so far) to offer odds. Odds as of right now: 9/4 Shaun Williamson 7/2 Tricia Penrose 15/2 Colin Murray 9/1 Zoe Salmon 10/1 Mel Giedroyc 10/1 Linda Robson 10/1 Rowland Rivron 10/1 Ray Stubbs 12/1 Tim Vine 14/1 Angelica Bell 14/1 Fred McAulay 16/1 Tara Palmer Tomkinson 16/1 Miranda Hart

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Nah, Shaun's 5/2 at Laddies. cfa07-laddies.jpg I must be the only one who can't see Shaun's appeal. He may be a good singer but it doesn't mean he's going to get votes. If he walks this from start-to-finish, well done to him by any means but I just can't picture it happening.

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Thanks Sterioman, 5/2 is too short for trading purposes. I think he's a worthy favourite though, an excellent singer (always a good quality in a singing contest!), a very popular actor, seems a nice bloke,he has humility, recently appeared in 'Extras' also he was in Eastenders, so he'll get the popularlist vote for sure! Hope he does his Barry White, that's hilarious! Think I'll use Tricia for trading though, very good singer & in a popular soap. She'll go well & should shorten in price.

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy

Think I'll use Tricia for trading though' date=' very good singer & in a popular soap. She'll go well & should shorten in price.[/quote'] I took the 7/1 about Tricia Penrose & already she's in to 3.8 on betfair. I'll leave her in for 2 or 3 rounds & then trade. I can see a few dark horses there who may well improve.

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Ive taken Colin Murray @ 8.4 on betfair, he's very popular on radio 1, where reigning champion Edith Bowman is running a 'vote for colin' campaign to return the compliment for him doing similar when she won it. Murray is also on 5 live Saturdays & on Channel 5 Fooball. He'll also get a big vote from his native Northern Ireland. He did a pretty good job with The Undertones classic 'Teenage Kicks' on the first night & he'll go a long way in the competition. Can't lose at that price!

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Judging by their performances on Saturday it'll be Ray or Miranda booted off tonight. Miranda's only hope is to 'do an Ade Edmonson' & make it funny. Although Roland died on his arse when he tried that on Saturday! Ray can't do singing or funny! so he looks value @ 7/2

Re: Celebrity Fame Academy Well Ray's awful rendition of The Jam classic 'Going Underground' deserved a stoning! & he can't have been far off the bottom 3 last night! There doesn't seem to be much value around for tonight's eviction, Fred, Ray & Angelica are all terrible singers, with Linda not far behind. They are all likely to be leaving sooner rather than later. Although the Scottish vote will probably keep Fred in for a few more rounds. Colin was very poor last night, I must be careful not to leave my investment too long before I trade, cos I can't see him winning it! The dark horse is Tim, who I've had a small bet on @ 16.0 The most improved singer so far IMO is Zoe', which hopefully will keep her in for a while!!