** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Southwell 2.25

Guest beamer

Guest beamer

Nod's Nephew The main thing I remember about this horse is that it was my 1st bet of 2003. Keen to get the year off to a good start, it was well supported into fav and was duly thrashed. Well he has a long lay off off to overcome, for a horse who needs to be race fit and you would normally be looking to punt this horse in a seller. Well this class F is actually worse than a seller, with a few performers from Regional racing in here and my mate Lord Chamberlain, the highest rated performer, rarely wanting to pass horses at the business end. The biggest question is fitness; if he's not fully fit, he won't win a crap race and pevious stats don't look good. His trainer only has a small string, having only had one runner this season, which finished 2nd on it's debut run @ 10/1. Nod's is also entered in a more competetive race with Egan booked on Friday, a race he may not get into. However, If he were to win today, he would carry no penalty. If you look at winning SR: Nod's Nephew 16% Framtastic 7% Grub Street 7% Gracious Air 6% Lord Chamberlain 5% Sorbiesharry 5% Spy Gun 9% You see what a moderate bunch they are. If you change the filters to slow- slow/ standard over 8f at Southwell the stats get even better for Nod's. The slower the ground the better. He's on a winning h/cap mark, as he's never run off a rating this low at Southwell. 4 of his 8 career wins have been with apprentices jocked up and Nolan appears to be one of the best around on the A/W. He was a better horse in 2002, but he still managed a couple of wins last year. Obviously concerned about the lay off, but in this field around the f/c price, I do think he's worth a fair bet. Any comments appreciated. Cheers beamer