Masters of Darts

Re: Masters of Darts The 40/1 on Merv seems a good price Each-way. He can beat any of these Dutch players at the best of times and will want to show he's competitive for his debut in the PDC at the next months Blue Square South-East regional final.If i've got it right then the 2nd place English player plays the top place Dutch player and vice-versa.So in effect i'm looking for the semis to be Taylor v Van Gerwen and King v Barneveld.Giving King the chance to go through to the final and get my bet in.

Re: Masters of Darts Wouldn't disagree with that Sharpey. I'm siding with the wonderkid though. 1pt ew M.van Gerwen to win Masters of Darts 16/1 Skybet Young dutchman Michael van Gerwen appears here in front of his home crowd and has all the credentials to walk away with the title. There's not a single englishman he can't beat perhaps with the exception of Taylor but in current form I think he can beat him too. Being in the dutch group he wouldn't have to play countryman Raymond Barneveld until the final by which time our bet would already be in. van Gerwen has already has good results on the big stage. He's the current Winmau World Masters champion and put off an excellent showing in the International Darts League last year too. The Lakeside World Championships was a disappointment for him and he'll be out to show here how good he is against the best the PDC currently offer. The best of 5 set round robin matches are a nice length for him to get into the tournament and when the tournament goes 11 and 13 sets he could well light up and blow the opposition away. Definitely one for the future but the present doesn't look to bad and he's well worthy of an each way punt. And now for Saturday's matches. 10pts M.King to beat J.Klaasen 4/6 VC Mervyn King has recently joined the PDC ranks and he'll be out this week to prove that he has made the right decision. That starts by getting his teeth into the dutch contingent here. At his best King is a very good darts play who is not adverse to 3 figure averages. He's a solid scorer and very good finisher and if his confidence gets up he's a tough cookie to stop. Jelle Klaasen had a fairytale story at the Lakeside last year coming in as a qualifier to go on and win the event. Since then though, his career has remained in neutral. In fact he wasn't actually seeded when it came to defending his trophy at Lakeside this year which shows how poor his results have been. On his day he's got a very good game but we don't see him at his best anywhere near regularly enough to consider him here. The king all the way for me here. 10pts M.van Gerwen to beat P.Taylor 10/3 VC Michael van Gerwen seems to thrive against the big names. Only recently in Gibraltar he beat Raymond Barneveld 3-0 losing only the 1 leg in the process. He's also beaten Colin Lloyd in the IDL and all the top BDO players - Adams a number of times, O'Shea, Atkins etc etc. Here he runs into the greatest of them all in an eagerly awaited contest. Recent performances in the Premier League have shown us that Taylor isn't at ease with his game. He's fiddling about with his darts and on a weight-loss scheme and both appear to be having a negative effect on his game. 2 draws in the league isn't what anyone expected and assuming van Gerwen comes out firing, Taylor will need to find something more if he is to keep the young dutchman at bay. I think we are getting a price based on Taylor's invincibility of 12 months ago but he's not in that form currently and the wonderkid is well worth backing here. 10pts V.van der Voort to beat W.Mardle 13/8 Skybet I honestly can't see why van der Voort is such a huge underdog here. In front of his home crowd he should be full of confidence against a Wayne Mardle who has been in terrible form for the last 12 months. Mardle has barely won a match on TV in that time and van der Voort is the kind of guy who could have him under pressure from the start. van der Voort is another recent recruit to the PDC so he'll be out to show he can compete at this level. He's so quick that when everything clicks he can blow players away. While I don't expect him to blow Mardle away, over a relatively short format I do expect him to remain in the game and without many TV wins recently, Mardle could crack under the pressure allowing the tall dutchman to capitalise.

Re: Masters of Darts I'll take 3 tonight. 10pts C.Lloyd to beat M.van Gerwen 11/8 Betdirect van Gerwen has won both his matches so far in this tournament, beating Taylor on Saturday and Mardle yesterday and has only lost 1 set in the process. Lloyd has won one and lost one, beating Scholten on Saturday and going down to Klaasen last night despite leading 2-0. However in that match last night Lloyd hit no fewer than 11 180's so he's clearly playing well. With Manley and King both 2 from 2, Lloyd will need to win this one as he's yet to play Barney. While van Gerwen has all the talent in the world there's no substitute for experience and Lloyd has that. van Gerwen plays at a pace Lloydy will enjoy and I'll have the Essex man here. 10pts P.Taylor to beat R.Barneveld 5/6 William Hill The battle of the captains takes place tonight in a rerun of the world final of 5 6 weeks ago. Barney prevailed on that night but I think revenge will be the Power's this evening. Despite being only 1 and 1 for the tournament Taylor is playing good darts. In both his matches he's averaged over 102 and if we're honest it was only a superb display of finishing from van Gerwen that denied him. Taylor did the same to Scholten last night in taking the 1st set with checkouts of 118, 154 and 143. Barney in contrast has lost both his matches so far, both in tie-breaks, to Peter Manley and Mervyn King. He isn't playing as well as he has done recently on the PDC circuit but he isn't being priced accordingly. In both Premier League interviews Barney has complained how he's not getting enough practice time due to his outside commitments and it's clearly affecting his game. Taylor will want him bad tonight despite the tournament being on a far lesser scale than the world championships and although there's the chance Taylor will bring the best out of Barney, too many factors point to the 13 time world champion. 10pts W.Mardle to beat R.Scholten 11/8 Sporting Odds Wayne Mardle has come into this tournament on fire. He easily brushed Vincent van der Voort aside on Saturday and had van Gerwen on the ropes last night before eventually succumbing to the young Dutchman. Scholten's looked a bit flat this last week or so, it began with his loss to Terry Jenkins in the Premier League and continued with defeats to Colin Lloyd and Phil Taylor here. Catching Mardle on the right night is very difficult these days but I think he'll have too much for the tripod this evening.

Re: Masters of Darts Taylor v Barnevald I'm going to join you on this one Kev. I know Taylor has had some issues recently with his darts and a supposed new diet regime. Barneveld also got the better of him on their last head to head but it was a hell of a close match. Taylor will be determined to get his revenge back and you don't win as many championships as he has without the skill and bottle to handle any pressure from this tie. At 5/6 this represents too much value for me to leave alone. It's the Power for me. Taylor 5/6 @ various

Re: Masters of Darts

He's talking rubbish. You don't need practise time when your playing as much as him.
Think Barneys really on about winding down practise and too much work now that he's a commentator for dutch tv darts. Interesting for Barney to say this though because i've always wondered when they move across to the PDC from the BDO if this is why there game is affected.When he realises' that he's so high up on the new rankings list he will be able to pick and choose some tournaments,instead of having to enter everything last year just to play catch-up,then i think he'll just about stop a case of burn-out. Some nice tipping there Kev:ok .Think i'll pile on them again as I really can't get going in this tournament.Merv at the start is my only biggish bet and since there's no handicap betting that's me screwed.

Re: Masters of Darts Just the one tonight. Was considering Klaasen to beat Taylor but decided against it. 10pts P.Manley to beat R.Scholten 6/5 Premier Bet I'm not sure why Manley is such an outsider here. He's won all 3 of his matches so far and Scholten has lost all 3 of his! In fact Wayne Mardle beat Scholten 3-0 last night averaging less than 90. Manley has beaten Barney already this week so he must be playing good darts. The England group is really tight and someone on 3 wins is likely to fail to qualify. With Manley's final match of the group stage being against Michael van Gerwen he'll want to win this one to secure his place in the semi finals. Scholten has won only 1 set this week so Manley is clear value to dispose of the Dutchman.

Re: Masters of Darts

LEAGUE TABLES

Holland

W

L

Sets +/-

1 Michael van Gerwen

8-4

2 Raymond van Barneveld

7-6

3 Jelle Klaasen

5-8

4 Vincent van der Voort

2-9

5 Roland Scholten

1-9
England

W L

Sets +/-

1 Mervyn King

9-2

2 Peter Manley

9-6

3 Wayne Mardle

7-3

4 Colin Lloyd

8-5

5 Phil Taylor

3-7

Some nice tips again kev:ok Think i'm having a little dabble on Mardle against Barney at that price and in this format it's worth a shot.And also a little dabble on Merv to beat Van Gerwen again the price is just warranting a bet on it. Will be a lot more interesting tomorrow when we know whats needed to get through.a good chance to get some interesting prices. Oh yeah .......GO MERV:ok