** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Interesting staking! Any Sport! ---> BANK DOUBLED!

aldric

Re: Any sport, betting sequence....... Interesting staking!

Bet 38 Football, Championship WBA to beat Plymouth £29.28 @ 1.66 to win £18.40 :hope
WINNER - 2-1 :nana (although listening to the commentary Plymouth should have had 2 penalties in the 2nd half!) Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £490.05 Strike Rate: 68.42% Total bets: 38 Bets won: 26 Bets lost: 12

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot. As i've said before its nice to see some people popping in on the thread, if you have any thoughts on how I could improve things please let me know. I am very open to change!! If it wasn't for the 3 losing bets in a row I would have trebled my bank, however I don't continue to 'double' up I feel this is a more sensible staking plan... I could be totally wrong though!
The only thing that comes to mind is that since betting is a long lasting fight and since retirement from our jobs can wait another 2-3 months :loon i suggest you bank some amount after some bets. Maybe original bank after doubled? Am i too optimistic? ( "Player" can allready do it 3 times !!! :drums ) I believe many others are regulary watching the thread even without posting. :D

The only thing that comes to mind is that since betting is a long lasting fight and since retirement from our jobs can wait another 2-3 months :loon i suggest you bank some amount after some bets. Maybe original bank after doubled? Am i too optimistic? ( "Player" can allready do it 3 times !!! :drums ) I believe many others are regulary watching the thread even without posting. :D
:cheers I'm not quite sure what to say! I totally agree, this should be a long term game and if this proves successful then I will likely bank what I have and start again with an increased starting bank. If I had started with 3k I would be 2k up! That would maybe have got a few more people posting :) I am not sure I will get to double the starting bank, I certainly hope so however I am on an incredible winning sequence of bets at the moment and unfortunately the odds the way they are it is innevitable I am going to lose a few soon. :hope I don't lose 3 in a row again soon, as that makes life hard!

BET 39 NBA LA CLIPPERS to beat Chicago Bulls £32.21 @ 1.61 to win £19.65 (placed at bwin due to same odds and 0% commission)
WINNER - :nana 110 - 98 Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £509.70 Strike Rate: 69.23% Total bets: 39 Bets won: 27 Bets lost: 12

Congrats mate! :clap :cheers You're on a unbelievable winning streak and because this a fantastic strike rate! I guess I need to follow your plays from now on! :D :beer
Thanks player :ok I would suggest that my plays are due a reverse of fortune!! However, I am happy to ride the wave as long as it goes on :) Aldric ---- I am having the night off betting, too tired from work :sad My next bet might not be until Saturday.

Re: Any sport, betting sequence....... Interesting staking! Bet 40 Soccer, Portugal Division 1 BENFICA to beat Boavista £35.43 @ 1.39 to win £13.16 The odds are slightly less than the system should allow, however I have decided to continue with the bet as there are no alternatives. Benfica have won their last 6 home games, while Boavista have only won 1. :hope

Bet 40 Soccer, Portugal Division 1 BENFICA to beat Boavista £35.43 @ 1.39 to win £13.16
LOSER 0-0 :wall Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £474.27 Strike Rate: 67.50% Total bets: 40 Bets won: 27 Bets lost: 13

Bet 41 Football, English Premiership LIVERPOOL to beat Everton £20 @ 1.55 to win £10.48
LOSER - 0-0 :wall The last 2 games the home team have dominated but failed to score.. I was due a change of fortune I guess. Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £454.27 Strike Rate: 65.85% Total bets: 41 Bets won: 27 Bets lost: 14

Re: Any sport, betting sequence....... Interesting staking! Bet 42 English Football, Premiership ASTON VILLA to beat West Ham £31.50 @ 2 to win £30 ------ Out of interest the other games I was thinking of betting on were: Hibs to beat Gretna Motherwell to beat Morton Blackburn to beat Sheffield U.

Bet 42 English Football, Premiership ASTON VILLA to beat West Ham £31.50 @ 2 to win £30 ------ Out of interest the other games I was thinking of betting on were: Hibs to beat Gretna 3-1 :nana Motherwell to beat Morton 2-0 :nana Blackburn to beat Sheffield U. 2-1 :nana
The real bet....... Winner - 1-0 :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £484.27 Strike Rate: 66.67% Total bets: 42 Bets won: 28 Bets lost: 14

Bet 43 English Football, Premiership ARSENAL to beat Middlesbourgh £20 @ 1.78 to win £14.86 Arsenal are playing away and are in great form. I don't rate Middlesbourgh at all.
LOSER 1-1 :wall Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £464.27 Strike Rate: 65.12% Total bets: 43 Bets won: 28 Bets lost: 15

Bet 44 NHL COLORADO to beat Edmonton £28.64 @ 2.1 to win £30
LOSER - 1-3 (4 minutes remaining) :wall Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £435.63 Strike Rate: 63.63% Total bets: 44 Bets won: 28 Bets lost: 16

Bet 45 NHL FLORIDA to beat LA £58 @ 1.88 to win £48.63 It would be a shame if this is the 2nd time I have 3 losing bets in a row. It sure dents the profits!! :hope
LOSER 0-7!!!!!!!! :wall What an awful result....... Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £377.63 Strike Rate: 62.22% Total bets: 45 Bets won: 28 Bets lost: 17

Bet 48 Handball, Romania (womens) SELMONT BAIA to beat Dunarea Brailla £15 @ 1.6 to win £9
WINNER - (I can't find the score anywhere!) :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £386.63 Strike Rate: 63.04?% Total bets: 46 Bets won: 29 Bets lost: 17

Re: Any sport, betting sequence....... Interesting staking! Hey mate, just a thougt of mine, I hope you don't mind: IMO NHL is the most horrible pro sports to bet on from the whole world. Here on any day any team can beat any team, no matter of their position in the standings. It's just like playing the roulette on red/black, odd/even or high/low. I would advise you to avoid NHL as much as possible.

Hey mate, just a thougt of mine, I hope you don't mind: IMO NHL is the most horrible pro sports to bet on from the whole world. Here on any day any team can beat any team, no matter of their position in the standings. It's just like playing the roulette on red/black, odd/even or high/low. I would advise you to avoid NHL as much as possible.
I think you are right, last nights game proved it!! Imagine being favourites at home and losing 0-7!! CRAZY! Thanks, Aldric

Bet 47 German Football, 2nd Division ROSTOCK to beat Furth £16.5 @ 2.3 to win £20.43
WINNER - 1-0 :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £407.06 Strike Rate: 63.83% Total bets: 47 Bets won: 30 Bets lost: 17

Bet 48 Soccer, English Premiership MAN U (away) to beat Tottenham £18.15 @ 1.94 to win £16.25 This bet was placed inplay at Betfair 1615hrs.
WINNER - 4-0 :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £423.91 Strike Rate: 64.583% Total bets: 48 Bets won: 31 Bets lost: 17

Time for something a little different........ Bet 49 Spannish Soccer LAY REAL v Levante lay £20 @ 2.0 to win £19.05 This bet was placed when real were 0-1 down....
WINNER - Real lose 0-1 :nana Starting bank: £300 Current bank: £442.96 Strike Rate: 65.31% Total bets: 49 Bets won: 32 Bets lost: 17