Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Men Hi guys, We continue with the following pick for tomorrow: ATP TOUR, AUSTRALIAN OPEN GAUDIO TO D MULLER @ 1.51 on pinnacle Muller has been completely out of form lately. His last main draw win was in July-2006(!) in Washington. Muller started 2007 by losing on the first round of qualifiers to 2 guys ranked around 200-300 in the world. So you could place a bet on any reasonable player to defeat Gilles Muller but Gaudio is a top-class player who can play well on medium-pace hard courts. Gaudio lost a very close much to Ferrer, last week winner in Auckland, confirming his OK form for the start of the year.

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Men

SportTennis
EventMirnyi-Horna
SelectionHorna(lay) (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.95 (Lay)
ReasoningMirnyi showed last tournament that is very strong and will be hard to beat him on hard.In direct meetings Mirnyi leads with 2-0 and i think will have no problem to defeat Horna again.

SportTennis
EventDancevic-Hanescu
SelectionHanescu(lay) (Lay)
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 3.80 (Lay)
ReasoningHanescu was absent from tennis for so long due injury and is almost impossible to recover at the highest level in first competitive match from returning.Dancevic is younger with 3 years and lost in 5 sets against Hanescu when Hanescu was in great form,but now Dancevic should be able to win this.

Re: Tennis, Australian Open 2007 - Men It means Special Excempt ( not sure if the spelling is right ) Its usually given to Players who would not be in the Maindraw but who achieve good results in a previous Tournament. FE: Koubek went to Final in Chennai and got a special excempt for Sydney.... he would have been forced to play quallies there, but he was in Chennai for so long, that he couldn´t play quallies.... So he got a SE for the Maindraw... ( where he lost to Healy ) I also thinks SE´s are also given to TOP Players who decide very late (after SIGN IN ) to play a Tourney... For Aussie Open 1st Round my personal views are: SANTORO tb. Kunitsyn @1,65 Admiral 9/10 and LAPENTTI tb. Mackin @1,74 Betfair 6.5/10 For the first Match I think Santoro is a very solid and experienced player, only losing in 3 to Malisse on fire is my prove for some form.... Kunitsyn no bad player but for me Santoro in more than one step up.... I dont think Santoro will win 3:0 but it will be very, very hard, if not impossible for Kunitsyn to play the Tennis to beat Santa for 3 sets.... Odds are very good, so i´ll play that one with huge confidence Santoro 3:1 or 3:0.. IMO Lapentti is overpriced IMO, because he is a player who can " take the good run out of a player" ( dont know whats that called in English )... I´ve often seen Lapentti trailing 4-6 0-2 and then his opponents game crushed... You have to play real "Rallys" with 25 shots or more against him, for every point and he can run till the end, thats for sure..... I wouldn´t be surprised if Mackin catches a set ( maybe 1st set ), but Lapentti will run him down, no doubt for me..... I normally give much credit for Qualifiers who already have 3 Matches under their belt, but Lapentti is a though one to crack for someone out of the TOP 100..... 1,74 is too good to miss for me... Opinions? I hope i can cuntribute to this great Forum in the future... Arantxa

Re: Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men

Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventMackin - Lapentti
SelectionMackin
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.30 (Back)
ReasoningMackin made it easily through qualies beating on his way Sanguinetti, Bogomolov and Luzzi.That are pretty good results.Lapentti rarely even plays now on hard so I see small advantage for Mackin here.He is for sure capable of winning this.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGuccione - Rochus
SelectionGuccione
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.57 (Back)
Reasoning50/50 game for me so I will take bigger odds here.Both have pretty decent start to the year and are in rather good form.Guccione plays at home so he will surely make his best here.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKunitsyn - Santoro
SelectionKunitsyn
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.51 (Back)
ReasoningSantoro had really great last year AO reaching qf but I don't believe that he will be able to do this again this year.Kunitsyn is really good player on fast surfaces and Santoro will have really tough nut to crack.H2H is 1:0 for Kunitsyn.This should be really close game and with a bit of luck Kunitsyn can take the win.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKorolev - Gonzalez
SelectionKorolev
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.74 (Back)
ReasoningIn my opinion Gonzalez shouldn't be such a strong favourite here and at this price Korolev is worth a shot.Gonzo losed in the first round previous year and 3 out 6 last appearances he was ending at 1st round.Korolev had really good tournaments at Adelaide and Sydney and I wouldn't be so sure about Gonzo win here.Value on Korolev.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventGoldstein - Nieminen
SelectionGoldstein
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.06 (Back)
ReasoningGoldstein had relly good Adelaide tournament beating Luczak and Hrbaty before losing to Djokovic after really tough match.On the other hand Nieminen losed his only match this year against Rochus.H2H is 2:0 for Nieminen here so maybe it's third match in which Goldstein will win.All in all Goldstein is really good hard court player and he can give Nieminen good fight for sure.
Tip Detail
SportTennis
EventKim - Wawrinka
SelectionKim
Strength10/10
Date15/01/2007
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.80 (Back)
ReasoningAnother underdog which I like :)Wawrinka with two loses so far this season so I don't know if his form is that good as the odds are saying.We'll see.Kim is typical hard courter and he can upset good players.He had few good matches at Chennai and Sydney so I would give him a bigger chances that the odds are saying.

Kendrick to beat the injured Nadal at 6.5 / 7 seems like a brilliant price to me :)
He can well do it, all depends whether his serving holds and then it's anybody's game. Lacks real top tourny experience, though, which is a drawback. But given the price, Kendrick is well worth a sporting wager;)

I'm also sweet on lapentti. Shouldn't there be a thread a day? This will end up being a massive thread in the end if not.
It will be a massive thread in the end, but it's always like this and making an array of daily thread will be much more cofusing, also due to delays etc.This way you can track everything back to the very first day if you wish;)

Re: Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men Tipsarevic is having a stormer, im on nalbandian, watching him fight it out to stay in the match :( Hes cahncing his luck, 5-5 in the 3rd, 40-0 down on serve and he comes back to make it 6-5 Well tipped on lapentti Wish there was sky multi coverage

I would like to see Vliegen, Santoro, Verdasco, Lukzak. Querrey, Spadea, Melzer and Fleishman kick azz tonight... and Delic of course...Gasquet has always problems standing the heat...
yeah mate but what you think they will be continued 2day or played 2morrow?

Re: Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men Play has just commenced on the outside courts, with the continuation of the schedule when new matches were postponed due to heat. It is still 35 degrees and still a possibility of a thunderstorm in a couple of hours. Tomorrow expected to be 37 degrees with more interuptions likely.

Re: Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men hello hello murray and djokovic very impressive it is early but i see them both to go far ... lets see probable scenarios: djokovic to meet federer at last 16 murray to meet nadal at qf for me no doupt,the young serbian could upset federer,as for murray i consider nadal as bog mountain for him,andy plays excellent against big servers,but not efficiently against "clay courters" alike players,and especially here in australia the surface suits perfectly to nadal's style so my predictions are: djokovic to reach at least last 16 phase,with a life challenge in front of him to beat federer and murray to finish at qf ( i can not imagine nadal not to reach qf) marcus baghdatius looks heavily stressed, but tomorrows game against monfils is expected as one of the most interesting since both players are addicted to show, and crowd seems to enjoy that style of these two youngsters. see you all bye bye :clap :clap :clap

Re: Tennis, Mens Australian Open 2007 - Men actually, the baghdatius monfils clash is the event of the day 3 dont miss it;) another glorius day for rod laver arena, a day full of fun and enjoyment,i will be there mentally, no money for this event, no betting just watch,go go marcus and gael:clap :clap :clap