Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women

Is Williams injured or something? She is now 2.18 on betfair
End of the second set versus Peer she was having her ankle heavily strapped. Williams is in fine form, with Peer really taking her to the edge. If she can put away Peer, I'm thinking she could also put away Vadisova today.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Not that sure Vaidisova is worse than Peer (who had a great AO for sure). Vaidisova ended the year 10 places higher in the rankings and has better results and is placed higher again this year. How she is overestimated when even @ AO she had good results before while two years older Peer hadn't is a bit beyond me. With most probable health injuries on Williams' side, I wouldn't touch her, esp. not before the match starts or at least you can see her practising. The thing going against Vaidisova is she will be playing her childhood heroine as she stated in at least one interview before the match. GL whatever you bet though;)

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women because of her recent absence I think people forget what a massive mental hold Serena has over her rivals as a 7 time grand slam champion. I'm also favouring Sharapova over Clijsters due to mental issues. Clijsters was incredibly nervous against Hingis and played probably the most horrible match I've ever seen by a winning player with 63 unforced errors. Mostly really horrible ones too. The type that miss by 5 yards. It's her last ever Australian Open and I think the pressure of wanting to go out on a high is really getting to her. Sharapova will be able to take advantage in a way that Hingis wasn't.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women 10pts N.Vaidisova -1 game to beat S.Williams 10/11 Bet365 Serena Williams has had a great run in this championship but I really do feel it ends here. She played excellent matches to beat Nadia Petrova and Jelena Jankovic but against Shahar Peer it looked like those matches had caught up with her. Serena's not played much tennis in the last 14 months and with this being her 6th game in 12 days her fitness has to be in question now. Her match with Peer went all the way with Serena winning 8-6 in the 3rd. Nicole Vaidisova has gone through her draw very easily. She's only dropped 1 set in the tournament. She's young and fit and moves round the court well. She also has power on both wings which she can use to get Serena moving round the court. The longer the match goes the better it should be for Vaidisova who providing she doesn't let the stage get to her will reach her 1st grand slam final here.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women well well i am the guru of gurus!:nana :nana serena williams oeeoo serena oeeeeeeeeoooo serena oeeeoo:nana :nana :nana i warned you boys about this phaenomeno,i explained why the ugly czech had ZERO chances against the legend, i hope some of you followed ... heheheh, excellent profit once again for my self :ok :ok

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women with all the respect to Tullenos, but under which criteria you rate vidisova above Peer?? perhaps you didnt watch the match williams v peers, well i did ,because again i was heavily on willians.... just to remind you that today,when score was 3-1 in second set, vaidisova was serving, and she did TWO double faults in a row,and then after a THIRD one, very easilly williams took the lead 4-1 almost without playing... the girl obviously is lacking personality, and in no circumstances to compare her with Peer, i repeat the israeli is better without any question,and i expect a great carrer in wta tour for this extremely talented young tiger from israel kind regards.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Womens final should be a cracker, after watching both games today it appears Williams was very composed and is getting better with every game and with the expieriance she has i think the final is very even, Sharapova although she played very good today she had big problems with her second serve and Clijsters played badly.

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women

with all the respect to Tullenos, but under which criteria you rate vidisova above Peer?? perhaps you didnt watch the match williams v peers, well i did ,because again i was heavily on willians.... just to remind you that today,when score was 3-1 in second set, vaidisova was serving, and she did TWO double faults in a row,and then after a THIRD one, very easilly williams took the lead 4-1 almost without playing... the girl obviously is lacking personality, and in no circumstances to compare her with Peer, i repeat the israeli is better without any question,and i expect a great carrer in wta tour for this extremely talented young tiger from israel kind regards.
With all due respect mate - Vaidisova finished last year higher in the rankings and is higher again this year - and will remain at least for now as she got further in AO - also Peer had no good history 2 AO - it's the facts rather than watching just one match (you could get a lot of false favs based just on one-off performance) - but ALL this was written in my initial post, as well as the belief the main advantage of Serena over Nicole would be on mental side - well, 7-6 and 6-4 was not all plain sailing, was it?;)

Re: Australia Open 2007

SportTennis
EventAustralian Open Womens
SelectionMaria Sharapova
Strength10/10
Date28/01/2007
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 3.25 (Back)
ReasoningWon the US Open in September, her 2nd Grand Slam, but apart from The French, she overall did quite consistant in the slams last year, semis in both Australia and Wimbledon if i remember correctly. Of the challengers, well Mauresmo seems a bit inconsistant now, losing against Janvovic this week and Sharapova beat Cjisters easily in WTA Championship 2 months ago. I ignore exhibition events where Cjisters beat her last week but Sharapova should be much sharper for this. So I find it difficult to see a woman capable of beating her without Henin-Hardenne in the field.
best bet ever thank you, this should be easy final, 2-0 sets. :nana

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women AO FINAL Sharapova @1.47 v Williams @3.05 all readers of this forum know that i backed serena to win the aussie open,when price was 16/1, everybody know also that i predicted exactly the couple of final since 19/jan:nana :nana it is written here, go back and read, i reccomended serena as "betting opportunity" so, is no need to pepeat that i am on serena, no need to repeat how much money i earned because of serena,however, this is a final,i can not cover my bet, but i also dont want any cover, i will go to the and as true champion, i am on serena because she is a class above all wta tour, because she is borned to win,and nothing less than the trophy is to her satisfaction as for sharapova, yes she is the second best after serena, i dont like her game, i dont like listening her to shout all the time, actually i dont like any athlete behaving like arrogant, she is doomed to end by the champion, boys not much to say : thanks serena, thanks in advance,give the lesson to the russian cheers boys, serena to win the final @3.05 betfair for me, huge earnings so far, just want to finish as champion,and materialise my promise i gave to donald duck, in case of serena's win bye bye:clap :clap :clap

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women ok,my heart is broken,because i was obliged to defend my original bet : i placed Sharapova @1.5 to secure huge profit one way or onother, thats was the wise move but if serena wins,then maximum pleasure and money* good luck boys :clap :clap :clap * plus a trip to Sweden

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women As much as I would like Sharapova to win, I have to bet against her. Serena just looks like she came here to win it and she going to do it. Its going to be mental battle and I see Serena being much stronger. My guts say 100% Serena as well :tongue2. Serena @3.05 4/10 BF Serena 2-1 @5.7 3/10 BF

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Don't really know whether or not Serena can win but just this once I'm going to have a small bet on her to take this, I don't normally tend to bet emotionally etc but I would absolutely love to see her win this. Hope she wins for you as well quantum

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Serena oleeeeeeeeeeeeee oeeeeeeeoeoeeeeeeeeoooeeeoooeee Serena oeeeeeeeeeoeeoooee a true champion, great:clap :clap :clap what a tournament! what an amazing prediction i did! i will never forget it! it will remain as the triamph of the century oooeeeeee oooeeeeeeeeoooeeeee serena is the champion, i am the champion too.:nana :nana :nana see you later boys, have to sleep now oeeeooeeeeeeeeeeeee

Re: Tennis, Womans Australian Open 2007 - Women Great call on Serena Williams to win :ok Just watched the match and Williams served beautifully and played as if she was possessed. Williams seems to love playing here at the Aussie Open and think it might be her 3rd win. She has proven time and time again her champion qualities, and she showed it again out there today. She played with only one thing in her mind, and that was to win. Much kudos to her :cheers Watched the after match presentation too, and Sharpova was very gracious in defeat, and Williams was also a gracious winner. Good to see!