Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2)

Player

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bet 42 result

Bet 42: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: Finland, Basketball Game: Pyrinto @ Kouvot Pick: Kouvot to win, odds: -150 Wager: $68.90, Possible win: $45.93
Bet 42 result: LOSER! :wall Score: Pyrinto @ Kouvot 99-79 Amount lost: $68.90 New bankroll: $(895.79-68.90) = $826.89 Bets = 42, Won = 26, Lost = 16

Bet 43 Bet 43: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: FA Cup England, Soccer Game: Leicester City @ Fulham FC Pick: Fulham FC to win, odds: -181.82 Wager: $206.70, Possible win: $113.69 ------------------------------ Note: Bet placed at BWIN.

Re: Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2) Player, Well done so far!!! :clap Do you mind if I make a couple of observations? 1) Do you have any criteria for your selections? I am asking as it appears that you are only interested in the odds and that is the only selection criteria. 2) Would it be sensible if after 3 losing bets you return to your 1st bet stake? Doing this should guarantee more chance of lasting a while and not busting.... I saw your entire bank roll bet on Walsall away from home.. (your a braver man than me!) 3) In terms of markets would it be easier to bet on 2 way results? betting on soccer, although will give you better odds is 3 way and makes losing more likely. (I THINK you have only won 1 soccer match so far and that was for your bank). 4) Have a look at betfair for some bets, I have noticed much better odds than you have been getting in some cases... although not all the markets you have bet on are covered there. Anyway, just a few thoughts - hope you dont mind! (I registered just to make them) Aldric

Bet 43 result

Bet 43: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: FA Cup England, Soccer Game: Leicester City @ Fulham FC Pick: Fulham FC to win, odds: -181.82 Wager: $206.70, Possible win: $113.69
Bet 43 result: WINNER! :nana Score: Leicester City @ Fulham FC 3-4 Amount won: $113.69 New bankroll: $(826.89+113.69) = $940.58 Bets = 43, Won = 27, Lost = 16

Re: Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2)

Player, Well done so far!!! :clap Do you mind if I make a couple of observations? 1) Do you have any criteria for your selections? I am asking as it appears that you are only interested in the odds and that is the only selection criteria. 2) Would it be sensible if after 3 losing bets you return to your 1st bet stake? Doing this should guarantee more chance of lasting a while and not busting.... I saw your entire bank roll bet on Walsall away from home.. (your a braver man than me!) 3) In terms of markets would it be easier to bet on 2 way results? betting on soccer, although will give you better odds is 3 way and makes losing more likely. (I THINK you have only won 1 soccer match so far and that was for your bank). 4) Have a look at betfair for some bets, I have noticed much better odds than you have been getting in some cases... although not all the markets you have bet on are covered there. Anyway, just a few thoughts - hope you dont mind! (I registered just to make them) Aldric
Hi Aldric, :welcome to punterslounge, and thanks that you registered only to post your thoughts! (I hope you'll post your plays, and observations in other occasions too.) Let me try to respond you in order: 1.) When I'm making my selections I look at 3 elements: - the odds (50% importance) - the positions of the teams in the competition (25% importance) - how each performed in the last 3-5 games (25% importance) 2.) I was thinking about differrent tactics instead of just going a 4 step progression "go for broke" variant: - one would be that after a lost bet the next one's wager to be set that way to just exactly cover in case of win the lost amount in the first bet, or after 2 losses in row the third bet if win just to equal what I've lost in the first 2, and the same way with the 4-th bet (if lost 3 in row). You see, this way if I would bet on not worst odds than -150, I could squeeze from the system the possibility of the 5-th bet, if I would lose 4 in row. -if lost 3 in row, to divide the remaining bankroll in 2, and go for 2 bets in row with odds between -230 -280, only 2 way bets, with all the available bankroll at the time -your proposed sollution can be looked at too, but I would still go in for at least 2 times the amount my first wager was, after I lost 3 in row 3.) Yeah, maybe would be more easy if I would get rid of football (soccer), but I'm an European living in the USA, and I like football most. Now my soccer betting in this thread stands at 3-3 (still very bad at these odds!), but it was just a miraculous win today in the last minute by Fulham. And, BTW, until today I won on 2 football bets (not one as you say), and Walsall was playing at home (I never bet visitor teams!). 4.) I have account at 6 different books, and was able to open accounts at some books where Americans are denied to have one, just by a trick. I have double citizenship, my native country is European, so I have relatives, and a mailing adress, bank account there. So these books who do not allow Americans think I am resident of my original citizenship country. If they would know the reality they would close my accounts. I never ever considered Betfair, but from what I hear it's difficult to trick them if you are US resident, even if in my situation. Player (Les) :cheers

Re: Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2) Cheers for replying :) It's good to see you are thinking about your system and how to improve it... I only posted my observations to do exactly that. Well done with Fulham, I thought you were out of luck when they went 3-1 down...... it was some comeback. I wouldnt trust my picks, especially when I bet on Newcastle to win tonight!! I have 2 bets on overnight, Soccer, Barueri v SANTOS (to win) Tennis O. Rochus v GROSJEAN (to win). I don't believe either fall in to your system. I wouldn't try betfair, I didn't realise you were in America... I believe it is impossible to place a bet with them if you are in the states. I will keep watching and follow some bets on some wierd ice hockey games :) GL!!!

Cheers for replying :) It's good to see you are thinking about your system and how to improve it... I only posted my observations to do exactly that. Well done with Fulham, I thought you were out of luck when they went 3-1 down...... it was some comeback. I wouldnt trust my picks, especially when I bet on Newcastle to win tonight!! I have 2 bets on overnight, Soccer, Barueri v SANTOS (to win) Tennis O. Rochus v GROSJEAN (to win). I don't believe either fall in to your system. I wouldn't try betfair, I didn't realise you were in America... I believe it is impossible to place a bet with them if you are in the states. I will keep watching and follow some bets on some wierd ice hockey games :) GL!!!
Yeah mate, the result today at Newcastle was a bad joke! I thought a lot who to pick for a win between Newcastle or Fulham, sure I was happy I've gone with the last one... :dude. You could tell that I'm in the USA by the fact that I'm using american odds, and all the time the away team is first and the home team is second in my posts. Just be careful not to follow my wierd (I would say exotic :rollin) hockey bets with too much dough. I started this thread more to have a good time, but it may grow serious in time. As for now these bets are still secondary to me, because every week I have 14-20 "serious" level stake bets, wagering on each $1,000-1,000.

Bet 44 result

Bet 44: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: NCAA, Basketball Game: Georgia State @ Delaware Pick: Delaware to win, odds: -201 Wager: $34.83, Possible win: $17.33
Bet 44 result: LOSER! :wall Score: Georgia State @ Delaware 61-44 Amount lost: $34.83 New bankroll: $(940.58-34.83) = $905.75 Bets = 44, Won = 27, Lost = 17

Bet 45 result

Bet 45: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: NBA, Basketball Game: Sacramento Kings @ Toronto Raptors Pick: Toronto Raptors to win, odds: -201 Wager: $34.83, Possible win: $17.33
Bet 45 result: WINNER! :nana Score: Sacramento Kings @ Toronto Raptors 85-101 Amount won: $17.33 New bankroll: $(905.75+17.33) = $923.08 Bets = 45, Won = 28, Lost = 17

Bet 46 result

Bet 46: Date: Wednesday, January 17 2007 Competition, Sport: NHL (OT Incl), Hockey Game: Phoenix Coyotes @ Colorado Avalanche Pick: Colorado Avalanche to win, odds: -150 Wager: $69.66, Possible win: $46.44
Bet 46 result: WINNER! :nana Score: Phoenix Coyotes @ Colorado Avalanche 3-4 Amount won: $46.44 New bankroll: $(923.08+46.44) = $969.52 Bets = 46, Won = 29, Lost = 17

Bet 47 Bet 47: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: 1. Division Egypt, Soccer Game: Petrojet @ El Ismaily Pick: El Ismaily to win, odds: -181.82 Wager: $35.91, Possible win: $19.75 ------------------------------- Note: Bet placed at BWIN.

Re: Bet 47

Bet 47: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: 1. Division Egypt, Soccer Game: Petrojet @ El Ismaily Pick: El Ismaily to win, odds: -181.82 Wager: $35.91, Possible win: $19.75 ------------------------------- Note: Bet placed at BWIN.
BET CANCELLED!

Bet 47 result

Bet 47: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: Club Friendlies Europe, Soccer Game: Mandalskameratene @ Start Pick: Start to win, odds: -200 Wager: $39.50, Possible win: $19.75
Bet 47 result: WINNER! :nana Score: Mandalskameratene @ Start 2-4 Amount won: $19.75 New bankroll: $(969.52+19.75) = $989.27 Bets = 47, Won = 30, Lost = 17

Re: Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2) I've just seen that on Bet 47 I made a little mistake: Instead of wagering the second time 35.91 I wagered 39.50, but was a good mistake, since it was a winner! :lol My first wager in the progression is always the bankroll/27.

I started this thread more to have a good time' date=' but it may grow serious in time. As for now these bets are still secondary to me, because every week I have 14-20 "serious" level stake bets, wagering on each $1,000-1,000.[/quote'] Well done on your winning bets again!! (both mine won last night as well :clap ) I did kinda guess you were from the states, however I didn't want to presume! I think your strange way of saying is at home is why I thought Walsall was away :) Anyway, I have decided to have a go at something very similar, just different staking and will start a new thread with my first bet tonight (mainly starting the thread to make sure I stick to the rules! it is in the glory hunters thread). GL, I will continue to follow your results with interest! Aldric

Well done on your winning bets again!! (both mine won last night as well :clap ) I did kinda guess you were from the states, however I didn't want to presume! I think your strange way of saying is at home is why I thought Walsall was away :) Anyway, I have decided to have a go at something very similar, just different staking and will start a new thread with my first bet tonight (mainly starting the thread to make sure I stick to the rules! it is in the glory hunters thread). GL, I will continue to follow your results with interest! Aldric
Good luck with your thread, I will follow it too! :hope I am thinking too to start another thread, exactly the opposite of this one :dude, but maybe I won't have enough time to do that too... As you can see, I'm working pretty intensive on this one: 3-4, even 5 bets every day!

Bet 48 result

Bet 48: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: Switzer NL A, Hockey Game: HC Ambri-Piotta @ ZSC Lions Pick: ZSC Lions to win, odds: -191 Wager: $36.63, Possible win: $19.18
Bet 48 result: WINNER! :nana Score: HC Ambri-Piotta @ ZSC Lions 0-3 Amount won: $19.18 New bankroll: $(989.27+19.18) = $1,008.45 Bets = 48, Won = 31, Lost = 17

Bet 49 result

Bet 49: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: NHL (OT Incl) Hockey Game: Washington Capitals @ Carolina Hurricanes Pick: Carolina Hurricanes to win, odds: -210 Wager: $37.35, Possible win: $17.79
Bet 49 result: LOSER! :wall Score: Washington Capitals @ Carolina Hurricanes 5-2 Amount lost: $37.35 New bankroll: $(1,008.45-37.35) = $971.10 Bets = 49, Won = 31, Lost = 18

Bet 50 Bet 50: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: NHL (OT Incl) Hockey Game: Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Sharks Pick: San Jose Sharks to win, odds: -302 Wager: $149.40, Possible win: $49.47 ------------------------------------ Note: This bet is irregular both as the wager and the odds taken. Normally the wager should be 2 x the last wager, and the odds maximum at -200. But after what happened in the NHL today (an idiotic day, where the away teams are winning too many games as underdogs) I'm a lot more confident in this result than other times. So this is why I made this bet, where the wager is 4 x the last wager, and the odds are the worst I have ever taken.

Bet 50 result

Bet 50: Date: Thursday, January 18 2007 Competition, Sport: NHL (OT Incl) Hockey Game: Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Sharks Pick: San Jose Sharks to win, odds: -302 Wager: $149.40, Possible win: $49.47
Bet 50 result: WINNER! :nana Score: Phoenix Coyotes @ San Jose Sharks 2-5 Amount won: $49.79 New bankroll: $(971.10+49.47) = $1,020.57 Bets = 50, Won = 32, Lost = 18

Re: Home favs only (Playin' with the fire 2) Ever considered multiple bets to increase your returns? Just proposing that you combine your selction with one or two (maximu, two) bankers (odds no higher than 1.20. Ex: Celtic over St Mirren That should increase your return, no?