** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL Week 7 thread...

Been betting & capping the NHL all season and this is my second best sport to cap, I just haven't posted until this past weekend... ################################################################# Record 2-1, +$26 Bets: Pittsburgh Penguins -0.5, in regulation, $116 to win $100 The Penguins have destroyed my hapless Flyers 4-0 and 8-2 this season and the Pens, after starting out so well on that 4-game Road trip (that started in Philly and then went out West for 3 games), have now lost a season-high 5 straight...Forsberg will not play tonight for Philly, so I just don't see any upside to picking this team any time soon...Normally, I'd jump all over the Over here, but with Forsberg Out, I will passon the total... Colorado Avalanche, $142 to win $100 Tough call for me whether to lay $142 juice (which I absolutely, positively HATE) or take them -0.5 in regulation with plus juice...REAL tough call, considering EDM has just 1 OT game all year and COLOhas not had an OT since having OT games their first 2 games of the season...But I'll lay the juice because EDM is in a rare 5 games in 7 spot in the NHL, the second one for any team this season...Florida played at NJ on 10/26, their 5th game in 7 days and lost 2-0...EDM also beat COLO at COLO this season already, so since I don't see this happening again with a tough 5-of-7 situational spots AND with COLO in bounce-back mode after being shutout by Nashville, I would say that everything points to the Avalanche here... Grand Salami over 38, $53 to win $50 I have tracked the Salami for years, and as soon as a streak hits 4, either way, it is time to start looking for the reversal...The Under has gone Under 4 straight days and since I see potential for almost all of these games hitting the Over, I'll take a shot with the Over here, and if it stays Under again, I'll probably double-up until it hits, because streaks higher than 7 are incredibly, incredibly rare... Brief looks at other games... Buffalo at Carolina: Buffalo beat the Hurricanes twice already this season, but that was early in the season, when the Champs were having a Finals let-down and the Sabres were scorching hot, in the midst of tying an NHL record for most wins to start a season...The Champs aren't going to want to lose 3 straight to Buffalo and will have the motivational factor to send a message to Buffalo at Home...Buffalo also a chart-play for me to fade because they had a C9 (Covered 9 straight) and that immediately reversed into a NC6 (Haven't covered 6 straight in regulation), so I will ride that streak another day... Montreal at Ottawa: Le Canadiens have won 5 of the last 7 heads up in this series, but Montreal suddenlt doesn't look very sharp at all their last 3 games...Of course, Ottawa hasn't looked any better, winning once in their last 7 games...Ottawa Overs come in spurts and they have gone Over 4 straight (1 was OT-aided), but I have noticed that since last year, these Over spurts generally end after 4 games and Montreal has not gone Over in 5 straight (2 pushes)... Washington at Florida: The Panthers had won 8 straight in this head-2-head matchup before Washington won the last 2...Kolzig is hot and this h2h series has produced 7 Unders in the last 10 meetings...Florida has lost 3 straight so they may have a slight motivational edge here with revenge on their minds, too... San Jose at Los Angeles: A quick revenge spot here for a struggling LA team as SJ just beat LA 7-3 on 11/9 at LA...SJ has won 6 of the last 7 h2h...SJ has been an Under team most of the year because of their 2 outstanding goalies and LA had been an Under machine, too, until their last 5 games, with nary an Under in any of those games altough there was an OT-aided Over and an OT-aided push... ################################################################# Monday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) Colo, 2) Pitt, 3) Caro, 4) Ott -0.5, 5) Fla, 6) LA -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Pitt ov, 2) Colo ov, 3) LA ov, 4) Ott un, 5) Caro un, 6) Fla un -- Salami ov Good Luck...brewers7 ################################################################# clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif

Re: NHL Week 7 thread...

lol i came here to post my nhl today and boom youre here? no shit man what ya doin at my soccer site?? lol never expected to see a Brew post here and i just stopped in for some soccer shit and i see you in here,, GL here too i spose lol
Hey man, how's it going?... For people who don't know it, Magica10 is a rock-solid NHL, NCAA and Italian Serie A punter... GL with your tips Magica10...

Re: NHL Week 7 thread... ======================================================================== Record: 4-2, +$34 Guess I should have been flat-betting, I'd be up another $100...Oh, well, let's try and stay in the black...No time to write-up every game... ======================================================================== Bet: Carolina Hurricane -0.5, in regulation, $108 to win $100 The Rangers are playing back-to-back nights, and fading this situational spot was profitable late last week...Carolina is 1-0 SU & ATS in regulation in this spot (when they have rest and their opponent does not) while the Rangers are 1-1 on back-enders this season, winning at SJ and then losing at WASH last week...Carolina has won against NY in 4 straight Home games, all in regulation time... Good Luck...brewers7 ======================================================================== Wednesday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) Caro -0.5, 2) Nash -0.5, 3) Buf -0.5, 4) Dal -0.5, 5) Was -0.5, 6) SJ -0.5, 7) Ana -1.5, 8) TB -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Buf ov, 2) Was un, 3) Dal un, 4) Nash un, 5) SJ un, 6) TB un, 7) Ana ov, 8) Caro un -- Salami un ======================================================================== clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif

Re: NHL Week 7 thread... Goal is to go 2-1 here with 3 dogs: ======================================================================== Record 5-2, +$134 Bets: Minnesota Wild, $100 to win $123 The Wild are rested and Nashville had a hard-fought come-from-behind win last night and are obviously going back-to-back...Fernandez is back in Net for Minny, while Nashville is going with Chris Mason, who has been solid, but is still the back-up for this team...Nashville is 3-0 on the back-end of bk-2-bks this season, which is outstanding, and I just don't see that continuing much longer...Columbus gave Nashville everything they could handle last night...The Preds are red-hot while Minny has lost 4-of-5, but I like this spot for Minny...Minny did win their only game where they had rest and their opponent did not in OT in their opener... Florida Panthers, $100 to win $106 Another rested team playing a team on the back-end of a back-to-back...Montreal is 1-1 in this spot with an OT win against TOR in Week 1...Florida is 2-0 in this situational spot...Florida has lost 4 straight while Montreal has 2 nice wins in a row and this is also their 3rd game in 4 days, while Florida has had 2 days rest to lick their wounds...Hopefully Belfour plays well here as he is the probable starter... Los Angeles Kings -0.5, in regulation, $100 to win $107 Yet another team with rest playing a team on the back-end of a bk-2-bk...The Flyers are off a huge upset win at Anaheim last night, 7-4 and outscored the Ducks 5-2 in the 1st period...The Flyers are 0-2 in this situational spot and even though LA is 0-1 in their situational spot, they were on the Road for that game and not at Home like they are tonight...Kings are showing signs of life recently, so I will take a shot with them here to win this in 60 minutes over a bad Flyers team off a big upset win last night... ======================================================================== Thursday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) LA -0.5, 2) Min, 3) Fla, 4) Edm -0.5, 5) Tor, 6) Phoe -0.5 -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Edm un, 2) Fla un, 3) Min ov, 4) Phoe un, 5) LA un, 6) Tor un -- Salami ov Good Luck...brewers7 ======================================================================== clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif

Re: NHL Week 7 thread... ======================================================================== Record 7-3, +$263 Bets: Pittsburgh/Buffalo over 7, $100 to win $101 Two fast-skating teams here, so some open-ice opportunities may be created and the Pebguins are starting their backup goalie, Jocelyn Thibault tonight...All the potential for a shootout here...More of a gut-shot play than a trend play...I feel there are just too many scorers on the ice tonight not to have at least a 3-3 game going into OT which gets us a push... ======================================================================== Friday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) Ana -1.5, 2) Cal, 3) Van -0.5, 4) NYI, 5) Buf -0.5, 6) NJ, 7) Was, 8) Clm, 9) Atl -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Buf ov, 2) Cal un, 3) Van ov, 4) Ana un, 5) NYI un, 6) NJ un, 7) Atl un, 8) Was un, 9) Clm un -- Salami un Good Luck...brewers7 ======================================================================== clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif

Re: NHL Week 7 thread... ======================================================================== A freaky thing happened today after I picked my games and ranked them...An NHL capper who I respect posted 3 totals on another forum and his 3 totals mtach up EXACTLY with my top 3 totals...Unreal...Something in the stars there...I HAVE TO BET ALL 3...Have to...Period... ======================================================================== Record 7-4, +$163 Bets: Buffalo/Ottawa over 7, $100 to win $110 Two fast-skating teams here, so some open-ice opportunities may be created and the Penguins are starting their backup goalie, Jocelyn Thibault tonight...All the potential for a shootout here...More of a gut-shot play than a trend play...I feel there are just too many scorers on the ice tonight not to have at least a 3-3 game going into OT which gets us a push... Philadelphia/San Jose over 6, $108 to win $100 Philly starting to score a little bit, but I am worried slightly about them getting much against SJ here, but, SJ can certainly get 6 themselves against a Philly team that is bad defensively...Philly 2 straight Overs out West and SJ Over 3 of their last 4... Columbus/Nashville over 6, $104 to win $100 Nashville seems to be playing wide-open again, so I will take a shot here and hope they have another Over in them tonight against CLM, who is flaky but these two just had a 9 on 11/15...90 shots on goal he last NASH game against Minny 2 nights ago...Hope for more of the same here... Edmonton Oliers, $125 to win $100 Detroit is going on the back-end of a back-to-back and Joey MacDonald is in Net since Chris Osgood is hurt...DET has been terrible out West this season with their only win at VAN (with losses to SJ, ANA and EDM already -- do we need to count a win vs. LA?)...EDM 2-1 in this situational spot when they have rest and their opponents do not...Also a strong chart-play for me to fade DET after winning and covering 9 straight and now losing last night... Dallas Stars, $100 to win $110 The Stars have been one of the best teams in the NHL on the back-end of back-to-back games the last 2 seasons, and are already 3-1 this season...And in this case, BOTH teams are going 2 in a row and Marty Turco is in Net so I will take Dallas as plus-juice any day of the week... ======================================================================== Saturday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) Edm, 2) Dal, 3) Nash -1.5, 4) NYR, 5) Fla -0.5, 6) Buf, 7) Mon -0.5, 8) Phi +1.5, 9) Min -0.5, 10) Tor, 11) Bos -0.5, 12) LA -0.5 -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Buf ov, 2) Phi ov, 3) Nash ov, 4) Dal un, 5) Min un, 6) Tor ov, 7) Mon ov, 8) LA ov, 9) Bos un, 10) Fla ov, 11) NYR un, 12) Edm un -- Salami ov Good Luck...brewers7 ======================================================================== clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif

Re: NHL Week 7 thread... Record 9-6-1, +$163 Sunday, November 19 Bet: Anaheim Ducks -1.5, $110 to win $100 The Ducks have lost 2 straight Home games to inferior teams, but in those games, they out-shot their opponents 86-40...So they are not playing as badly as it seems, but their goaltending has been bad or their defense has allowed some bad goals (I didn't see the games)...Regardless, they are not being outplayed since they outshot their opponents by a 2-to-1 margin...PHOE is going back-to-back tonight so I'll take the Ducks on the puck-line... ======================================================================== Sunday's picks for tracking purposes: Sides: 1) Ana -1.5, 2) Van -0.5, 3) TB -- Salami - Home Teams Totals: 1) Van un, 2) TB un, 3) Ana ov -- Salami un Good Luck...brewers7 ======================================================================== clover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gifclover.gif