Sportingodds - Should they refund me?

GB80

Last night I entered the Champion League Tourny on Sportingodds, and after about 20 minutes I got a message telling me there was an Internal Error and my table window was closing. I tried to get back in afterwards, but couldn't. I did everything I could think of, including shutting the computer down etc, but all I could get was the window to come up with the loading message in the middle, but then close down every time. I've emailed Sportingodds, but they say they won't give me a refund as it was nothing to do with them. Has anyone else had problems like this lately? I just don't trust them anymore. I think I'm about to withdraw my funds from them and just not play there anymore.

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? Was it a windows message? saying you had an internal error and your windows would be closed Or was it a message from the SO software saying there was an internal error and your SO window would be closed? If it's the latter, i'd be demanding not only my money back but an apology for their lack of support and knowledge of their own systems. I've had so many different error messages from the SO software over the past year i can't keep track of them. If it was not an SO message and was actually a windows problem which shut down your SO software and any internet windows - can't really see what they could have done. Doubt it will be this one though. Usually best to take a screenshot if something unusual happens, but that's not much use to you now.

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? It was from the software. Its the 2nd time this has happened, the first was in the PL league game about a month ago, but I didn't really feel like playing anyway so I wasn't bothered too much.

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? Pocket Lady had exactly the same problem last night when she was playing STT's. I too am certain that if unconnected peoples suffer the same problem then this is proof that it is the poker site softwares fault. Thanks to this she ended up bubbling. I think you should get a refund, but then I believe in fairness. :\

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? It happened to me many times, the only time I got any joy from spodds was when I captured a shot of the message, I replied giving them loads of siht telling them how frequent it happened and ended up getting $100

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? Was it Live Help (IPN Support) who said no or Sporting Odds? Suggest you contact sporting odds directly - I'd be surprised if they made an issue over $3.30...... I think Sporting Odds probably KNOW how bad the Boss Software is (hence the planned move), so you'll get more support from them than the "automated" responses Boss give IPN.....

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me?

Was it Live Help (IPN Support) who said no or Sporting Odds? Suggest you contact sporting odds directly - I'd be surprised if they made an issue over $3.30...... I think Sporting Odds probably KNOW how bad the Boss Software is (hence the planned move), so you'll get more support from them than the "automated" responses Boss give IPN.....
Both. Live help told me to email the pokerresponse.com email address who said no, so I then emailed Sportingodds, who also said no. This is what SO sent.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting Sporting Odds Although I appreciate that you may find the out come of this investigation disappointing, I'm afraid that we are unable to offer any refund or form of compensation when it has been found that the disconnection was not caused by our server. In order for your computer to maintain the best possible link there is, it is constantly re-routing, and attempting to obtain the best connection possible. If your ISP (Internet Service Providers) server’s disconnects from us, then there is no longer a live feed to your computer which results in a freeze, which is more then likely the cause of you not logging into the poker room.You can however still connect to other sites, as your ISP does in fact remain connected to other websites. We normally recommend that you remove all cookies and temporary Internet files off your computer, and also run an anti virus and anti spy ware program regularly. If you happen to be using Windows XP then please note that by default, it may have a built in firewall. Alternatively you may have firewall as a security measure on your PC. Since it is not recommended to disconnect this firewall, we need to set it up to make the software an exception for firewall deactivation. Our software is free from any virus or unnecessary files. Click on Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet Connections>Windows Firewall>Exceptions Once here, please click on Add Program and choose the poker software. This will continue to have the firewall running for all other programs other than the poker software. This should enable you to access our poker application without experiencing these issues. If you still encounter further problems, please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will forward the query to our technical department for further investigation. Kind Regards Mark Clohessy Customer Care Team SportingOdds.com Email: [email protected] Telephone: 08000 727 727 (9am - 8pm GMT Monday to Sunday) International: +44 207 553 4164 I've taken my money out (not that there was alot in there) and sent a reply telling them I won't be using them anymore.

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? Gary, So about this. While i'm not surprised about the response from Live Support or Poker Response i apologise for the standard response e-mail from our own support. It does sound like a standard Boss glitch which they routinely deny so if you e-mail me your SportingOdds username to [email protected] then i refund the $3.30. Sorry for the hassle, Joe

We normally recommend that you remove all cookies and temporary Internet files off your computer, and also run an anti virus and anti spy ware program regularly.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA gotta love it when people say that for non-internet explorer related problems.

Re: Sportingodds - Should they refund me? I don't play SO but I do have a Virgin account and the same thing has happend to me a number of times. Managed to get back in after a couple of minutes to find half my stack missing. I found the live help a waste of time as the guy the other end could hardly communicate in English. They never did get back to me about this or the time I reported 2 players at my table for blatantly collaborating.

Gary, So about this. While i'm not surprised about the response from Live Support or Poker Response i apologise for the standard response e-mail from our own support. It does sound like a standard Boss glitch which they routinely deny so if you e-mail me your SportingOdds username to [email protected] then i refund the $3.30. Sorry for the hassle, Joe
Thanks Joe, email on its way. :ok