** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

nba 2nd november 06

00:00 Philadelphia 76ers (1.36) Atlanta Hawks (3.6) 00:00 Chicago Bulls (1.85) Orlando Magic (2.07) 00:00 Indiana Pacers (1.82) Charlotte Bobcats (2.2) 00:30 Boston Celtics (1.54) New Orleans Okla City Hornets (2.74) 00:30 New Jersey Nets (1.4) Toronto Raptors (3.3) 01:00 Detroit Pistons (1.34) Milwaukee Bucks (3.7) 01:00 Memphis Grizzlies (1.48) New York Knicks (2.9) 01:00 Minnesota Timberwolves (1.5) Sacramento Kings (3) 01:00 Cleveland Cavaliers (1.5) Washington Wizards (2.9) 02:00 Utah Jazz (1.83) Houston Rockets (2.11) 03:00 Seattle SuperSonics (1.29) Portland Trailblazers (4.2) 03:30 Phoenix Suns (1.49) Los Angeles Clippers (2.66) 03:30 Golden State Warriors (1.4) Los Angeles Lakers (2.75) I think last night we learned not to really go for the low odds this early on, so I'm looking at the bigger prices for a few upsets, need to research it further but Sacramento, Atalanta, Portland and the two La's seem quite high odds.

Re: nba 2nd november 06 philly v atalanta: Don't get me wrong I'm not advocating the hawks for the title, but I see two sides going opposite ways. Philly tend to win games through the pace of Iverson and others but hawks should have pace of their own. Both sides are weak in the forward positions, and this could be a very close game. I just think the bookies are being a little generous in their pricing of hawks and might be worth a small nibble to cause an opening day upset.

Re: nba 2nd november 06 bulls v magic: Watched chicago last night in action and they were very impressive, their second game in two nights is different though. Will they come out fresher or will the resting magic. Also Magic are the kind of side who can live with the Bulls pace, howard won't be intimated by wallace and brown, chicago should prevail over the long season due to magic being a step or two behind on the road. But both are progressive teams and I would look to be getting on Magic in other games, but tonight this is a clear do not bet for me.

Re: nba 2nd november 06 Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns 10 @ 2.51 Expekt LA Clippers are 11-5 ATS in their last 16 games when playing on the road against Phoenix LA Clippers before playing Denver are 8-2 Phoenix after playing LA Lakers are 5-5 Phoenix is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games gl morselis

Re: nba 2nd november 06 LA Lakers @ Golden State Warriors Pick: over 202 Odd: 1,98 Bookie: Pinnacle This really looks like a value bet to me. I think, the line should be around 210 or higher. The reason why is because Golden State Warriors are all about offense this year. They have a great scoring potencial and with Don Nelson as their head coach, it's pretty clear that they are going to try to outscore their opponents rather than play great defence. Only one of their games in preseason finished with a total points under 215, it was against Portland when it was 204 (still over 202). The Lakers on the other hand really suprised me yesterday, when they managed to win against Phoenix in a 220 points game. Last year it was pretty clear, that if you wanted to beat Phoenix, you had to slow the game down and prevent them from scoring more than 100 points and Lakers should be the first to know it, since they were eliminated from the playoffs by the Suns. Still, they didn't do it yesterday and somehow they managed to win, even without Kobe. So, if you're not playing a good defence, this team is capable of scoring big and i'm pretty sure Golden State is not going to try to stop them defensively, they just gonna try to score more than the Lakers.

Re: nba 2nd november 06

EventOrlando Magic - Chicago Bulls
SelectionChicago Bulls (-2) (Asian Handicap)
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2006
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.96 (Back)
ReasoningChicago won last year's season series, 3-1, and has come away victorious in nine of the last 11 regular-season meetings. Chicago is a clear favorite here. Last night Bulls won against Champions Miami Heat 108:66, that result shows how strong they will be this year, with B.Wallace. Orlando Magic have a very young squad and probably their time will come after 2 or 3 years. IMO Easy away win.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
EventMemphis Grizzlies - New York Knicks
SelectionNew York Knicks
Strength10/10
Date01/11/2006
Bookmaker/PriceExpekt @ 2.93 (Back)
ReasoningThis season, Memphis must open the campaign without leading scorer and rebounder Pau Gasol, who broke his left foot while playing for Spain in this summer's World Championships, where he was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player. A former Rookie of the Year, Gasol averaged 20.4 points and 8.9 rebounds last season but is not expected to play until January. Reigning Sixth Man Award winner Mike Miller averaged 13.7 points and hit nearly 41 percent of his 3-pointers last season. However, he was bothered by a toe injury in preseason. Memphis is hurt, they don't have normal Center. NY looks very strong on the paper, and with new couch I.Thomas they will be able to win against Memphis without two leaders Gasol and maybe M.Miller.

Re: nba 2nd november 06 LA Lakers @ Golden State Warriors 10 @ 3.55 Pinnacle LA Lakers are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games when playing Golden State LA Lakers are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Golden State Warriors are 5-5 before playing Portland gl

Re: nba 2nd november 06 No offence, put it down to the fury I am still feeling over yesterdays debarkle that was the Phoenix Suns... But your statistics of... x is 9-1 before playing against y... WHO GIVES A SHIT? I cannot think of a more unrelated statistic in determining how a specific team will go except for number of hotdogs consumed by the home team's fans on a game that isn't played on a tuesday. Who the hell cares whether they are 10-0 before playing against the atlanta hawks. No team says, oh well we're probably going to win tomorrow, so no one will give a shit if we drop today's points. Stupid stat. :spank

No offence, put it down to the fury I am still feeling over yesterdays debarkle that was the Phoenix Suns... But your statistics of... x is 9-1 before playing against y... WHO GIVES A SHIT? I cannot think of a more unrelated statistic in determining how a specific team will go except for number of hotdogs consumed by the home team's fans on a game that isn't played on a tuesday. Who the hell cares whether they are 10-0 before playing against the atlanta hawks. No team says, oh well we're probably going to win tomorrow, so no one will give a shit if we drop today's points. Stupid stat. :spank
Can I ask you one question??? Who the **** died and made you their God...??? The info and Stats are EVERYTHING when assessing a team's state beforehand. It would be wise for you to apologise for that stupid outburst or you'll just see youself flowing down the same pan as many wannabes with too much cockiness and no info have done before. Lesson no.1 is ALWAYS respect information... Lesson no 2. is "loudmouthed, arrogent tits will be banned for stupid outbursts against somebody who was doing everybody a favour and saving them from looking for info - its what this site is all about!!" consider this to be a VERY VERY STRONG WARNING as to your behaviour :@

Re: nba 2nd november 06 hmmm guess he put the word "No offence meant " to the poster before he started cursing about the stats . We all get awed by the impressive stats from team x vs team y and when the reverse actually happened , you tend to feel pissed . You'll stare in disbelief for a long time before finally getting over it . Been there before , seen it , done it . Got fcuked too :loon Don't think he really meant to curse and swear at the stats which were given . I'm sure he appreciates the stats too .

Can I ask you one question??? Who the **** died and made you their God...??? The info and Stats are EVERYTHING when assessing a team's state beforehand. It would be wise for you to apologise for that stupid outburst or you'll just see youself flowing down the same pan as many wannabes with too much cockiness and no info have done before. Lesson no.1 is ALWAYS respect information... Lesson no 2. is "loudmouthed, arrogent tits will be banned for stupid outbursts against somebody who was doing everybody a favour and saving them from looking for info - its what this site is all about!!" consider this to be a VERY VERY STRONG WARNING as to your behaviour :@

Re: nba 2nd november 06 Orlando Magic with a big 15 point win over Chicago Bulls earlier today. What a big win considering the start the Bulls made yesterday. I was looking at backing the Bulls myself but was weary on how they would go after 24 hours of their last match

Bit harsh frisky. obviously you got done on a bet as well.
What was harsh Kewell was your response to someone elses's post and the accompanied sarcasm and nastyness that went with it, and we are to overlook this because of your fury with a losing bet. People offer up stats for good reason and are designed to help others who are unable to attain them. If you do not like any particular stats then don't read them, or move on to the next post. There is no need to reply with the only reason being to denigrade someone who has made the effort to help others just because of your fury over a losing bet, that's not how we do things here at PL. Kewell if you find that you are prone to these type of personal outbursts after you have had a loss, then you are better off waiting until such time as you are in bright spirits again and can post in your usual good manner, a manner that does not offend anyone, otherwise you will offend people and give PL a bad name and that's not good for anyone. From all reports you have been a fine contributor to PL in your time here and your posts have been well regarded, it is a shame all that good work was wasted by one particular unnecessary undeserved post. As a fellow Aussie your actions reflect on the rest of us Aussies too, and I personally would prefer Aussies to be known in a fond, positive light, not in an arrogant, smart arse light, and hopefully you can take these comments constructively. If you want to continue being a positive contributing PL member then by all means do so, if you choose to go down the opposite path then maybe you would be best served at another forum that wll tolerate that kind of behavior. Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, winning or losing. Hopefully it was only an abhoration and won't happen again :ok

Bit harsh frisky. obviously you got done on a bet as well.
No, I never ever bet on sports that I know nothing about, so No money was lost or gained by me last night. Firstly, let me apologise for that post as I had been on site all day yesterday and admiring how the Forum has grown up so much in such a short spell of time and then I came across that!!! When I came here first, there were about 15 posters in Other Sports and barr one or two, it was "I fancy this....I fancy that...". There were only a few guys who would go to the trouble of looking up the stats and putting them in print for all to see. It was hard work and to be honest, I would not have blamed them if they didnt bother as it seemed that people were ready to rip into them all the time. Gradually...They were lost and I feel that the great work they do elsewhere is now OUR loss.Yesterday, I saw all these new guys who I have had no contact with and I see how much work they are spending with their posts and thinking we are heading in the right direction until I find....
But your statistics of... x is 9-1 before playing against y... WHO GIVES A SHIT?
That completely annoyed me. morselis had put a lot of work into those posts and thats how he was thanked. I have NO INTEREST in US sports in any way but its great to see the guys making a big effort for everybody. If you feel that my post was unjustified then I apologise.

No offence, put it down to the fury I am stillfeeling over yesterdays debarkle that was the Phoenix Suns... But your statistics of... x is 9-1 before playing against y... WHO GIVES A SHIT? I cannot think of a more unrelated statistic in determininghowaspecific team will go except for number of hotdogs consumed bythehometeam's fans on a game that isn't played on a tuesday. Who the hell cares whether they are 10-0 before playingagainsttheatlanta hawks. No team says, oh well we're probably goingtowintomorrow, so no one will give a shit if we drop today's points. Stupid stat. :spank
I give a shit.You should know that USA sports are all about statsand that stats are made for something.Why bother to making stats ifthey are for nothing?They are made for us punters to help us.It's notwithout any meaning that team x won 10 out of 10 before playing againstAtlanta Hawks.You should read again what you've wrote and think aboutit.Betting is all about stats.

Re: nba 2nd november 06 1. I apologise. I love this forum, think it's great, and like I said was furious about the Phoenix Suns and how they managed to blow a 16 point lead. Friskyfitz and Bejayville, I appreciate your last posts each in this thread, and like I said, apologise. Randall I think you are just reacting to my mood and not looking at what the statistic is about. E.g. my hotdog example. 2. Forget everything else regarding my tone etc, can anyone honestly tell me that every statistic matters? I believe that that statistic isn't important and has NO reflection on the outcome of the game being played. Maybe I should start this in a new thread, because people might not be able to move past the tone from earlier on, but I believe that a number of statistics are flawed when looking at a player/teams performance and this is one of them.