** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

nba 2nd november 06

NBA Thursday - 2nd November San Antonio Spurs $2.29 @ Dallas Mavericks $1.63 and Denver Nuggets $2.35 @ Los Angeles Clippers $1.60. *In regards to the editing - yes there was something wrong with this thread already open. The guy who started it, put the wrong date on, therefore anyone opening it will see yesterday's games and not todays....

Re: nba 2nd november 06

Western Conference Match up between Dallas Mavericks vs San Antonio Spurs Due to last season playoff format, both teams met eachother in the second round with Mavericks without home-court advantage still manage to win in best of 7 on 7th match. A pity that they meet eachother so soon but rules have been changed to avoid such thing happen as teams that hold best records will not meet until conference finals. A match up between San Antonio's Tim Duncan is a two-time MVP (2002 and 2003), and Dallas's Dirk Nowitzki finished third in the MVP balloting in each of the last two seasons will be exciting to watch. Both have faced each other 24 times during the regular season. The Spurs have won 14 of them, but the Duncan-Nowitzki matchup has been too close to call. Both have averaged 22.8 points a game. In last season's playoff matchup, Duncan averaged 32.3 points and 11.7 rebounds to Nowitzki's 27.1 points and 13.3 rebounds. Last season Handicap offered to Spurs at Dallas home court have been set as +2.5, +4.0, +2.0 , +2.0 Spurs got most of their Points come from Tony Parker thus handicap have been adjusted to +3 with news stating his doubtful start on this season opener. Recent match up have favor the underdogs Head to Head : Underdog is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings. Road team is 7-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings. Spurs have won all nine openers under Popovich -- the longest current streak in the league and Dallas has won 10 of its last 12 openers. With such tense opener, both teams will not go offence right from the right. Spurs traditionally is an team with defensive mind restrict Dirk. Holding him is as good as holding at least 10points back. Will go for full time +3 on San Antonio with equal stake on Under 183.00

Event

2006/2007 National Basketball Association

Date

03/11/2006

Match Up

San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks

First Half

Handicap : -/+ 1.50 Totals : O/U 91

Full Time

Handicap : -/+ 3 Totals : O/U 183.00

is it safe to say that going for the Spurs +3, and under 183 FT is safe?

Re: NBA Thursday - 2nd November For those of you who have been following the opening week of this year's NBA season, you would know it has been upset city. With this in mind, it is worth reminding everyone how dangerous it is betting on teams at the start of a season. New players, new coaches, new plays, it's horrible. I'm not going near the first match, as it could be anyone's game. San Antonio have lost Nazr Mohammad to the Pistons, and word on my street is Parker is carrying an injury. Dallas have recruited some new perimeter players and could take some time to settle.... just not worth touching in my opinion. Game 2 however I am very tempted to put one unit on the Denver Nuggets to give the Clippers their second loss in as many games. The clippers were one of the most improved teams in the first half of the season last year but dropped off considerably in the second half. On the other hand the Nuggets kept on improving, and with Carmello leading the scoring in the off season for TEAM USA, I think they can take the Clippers here today. Marcus Camby was also my pick for All Star Center last year. This guy is a talent. 1 unit on the Nuggets to defeat the Clippers: $2.35 @ Centrebet Good Punting :ok

Re: nba 2nd november 06

1. I apologise. I love this forum, think it's great, and like I said was furious about the Phoenix Suns and how they managed to blow a 16 point lead. Friskyfitz and Bejayville, I appreciate your last posts each in this thread, and like I said, apologise. Randall I think you are just reacting to my mood and not looking at what the statistic is about. E.g. my hotdog example. 2. Forget everything else regarding my tone etc, can anyone honestly tell me that every statistic matters? I believe that that statistic isn't important and has NO reflection on the outcome of the game being played. Maybe I should start this in a new thread, because people might not be able to move past the tone from earlier on, but I believe that a number of statistics are flawed when looking at a player/teams performance and this is one of them.
Good response Kewell and in true Aussie style :ok I love stats myself Kewell with regards to sports, but it also like tossing a coin and getting 10 heads in a row, doesnt mean it's going to be a tails next time, it's just a tool to use when analysing form. If a team has won ten times in a row against another team then it would make me stop and think why is this happening to this particular team. It wouldn't stop me betting on the team because they have lost ten in a row, but it would certainly make me reconsider my bet and ask why this is happening so often. Anyways, the way you have responded to earlier posts is a very positive one Kewell and I commend you for that :ok So let's just all move on and keep doing what we do and that is providing punting info for others to benefit by, and in the process, respect other people's opinions, and if we disagree with them, then let's do so in a positive manner. Cheers all and go the Victory tonight in the A League :cheers