races info needed

typing on another thread reminded me that i'm helping plan the mighty townsend's stag do for early part of next year. he wants to go to the races and i'm just looking for some info he's picked out either the 10th feb or 3rd march, both at newbury, as being the main 2 he would like to go to (apparently theres big meeting at these 2 :unsure) but is also looking at dates at chepstow, worcester, and stratford. i've been to worcester and chepstow so know what i need to know for them but would appreciate info on newbury and stratford 1) are they close to the town centre/railways and hotels/b&bs 2) are they any good? i'm sure i was gonna ask sommet else but can ask that again. cheers lads :ok

Re: races info needed Newbury Racecourse railway station is a railway station to the east of the town of Newbury in the county of Berkshire in England. The station is adjacent to Newbury Racecourse and sees heavy traffic and additional trains on race days. Otherwise the station is served by local services operated by First Great Western from Reading to Newbury and Great Bedwyn. It was opened on September 21, 1905 and originally only had trains running to it on race days.

Re: races info needed Newbury Racecourse in Berkshire offers some of the best horse racing both on the flat and over jumps. The first race meeting was held here on 26th September 1905. It is home to the Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup and the Juddmonte Lockinge Weekend, Ladies Day in August and a summer season of top-class racing, including three evening meetings and Family Fun Days. Newbury Racecourse is set amid 360 acres of the most picturesque countryside. The racecourse and its extensive buildings, including the state-of-the-art Lord Foster designed grandstand and the newly refurbished Hampshire stand, incorporating the panoramic Hennessy restaurant, boasts some of the best facilities in Great Britain. Superbly located in the heart of the M4 corridor in Berkshire, Newbury Racecourse is a flexible Conference Venue with excellent Event Facilities accommodating events ranging from 10 to 10,000 guests.

Nearby Hotels

1944_bro.jpgSwallow Chequers (1 Mile)* This charming 18th century hotel and its 'secret' walled gardens, provide a unique backdrop to your stay in Newbury. The hotel has a fascinating history and enjoys an enviable position in the heart of the town's shopping areas.
1951_bro.jpgDonnington Valley Hotel (2 Miles)* Donnington Valley Hotel is a fantastic retreat! All rooms have been refurbished to an exceptionally high standard in 2005. From July 2006, a further 53 rooms will be available.
1924_bro.jpgRegency Park Hotel (2 Miles)* The Regency Park Hotel offers a relaxing and contemporary environment for all travellers. Stylish bedrooms, decorated with elegant soft furnishings, are spacious and comfortable.

Nearby Self Catering

1047.jpgKyte Lodge (18 Miles)* Set in the Oxfordshire countryside and south of the River Thames, Kyte Lodge offers impressive 4 star standard accommodation.
1189.jpgHoneysuckle Cottage (40 Miles)* Honeysuckle Cottage is a charming one bedroom cottage tucked away down a private road, which overlooks the Shimmings valley in the delightful market town of Petworth West Sussex.
1013.jpgHannah's Cottage (41 Miles)* This garden cottage in North Oxfordshire was built in 2 phases - the stable and hayloft in 1830, then a one bedroomed cottage added in 1860 gives comfortable accommodation for 2.