** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

Champions League (Oct 31)

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) PSV v Galatasary PSV started their season slowly following the appointment of Ronald Koeman as coach but of late started to play as PSV sides of the past can. They're bang in contention for the Eredivisie title now and the goals are flowing again for them with 17 in 4 games. Ivorian international Arouna Kone is finding the net along with Peruvian Jefferson Farfan. PSV have more or less a full squad to choose from bar the long term injured John de Jong and Patrick Kluivert. Despite his advancing years Phillip Cocu is still the man who makes this side tick and hes still proving hes a top performer at this level. Youngster Ibrahim Affellay is developing into a good player himself and has an eye for goal as RKC can bear witness to this weekend. PSV won the reverse fixture coming from behind to register a fine 2-1 win in Istanbul. Victory tonight and a win for Liverpool will seal the Dutch clubs progress into the 2nd round proper. PSV possess a 100% record in home games against Turkish sides winning all 5. Should be an emotional night at the Philips Stadion with ex PSV player and coach Eric Gerets returning to the club he helped win the European Cup. Turkish clubs traditionally struggle on their travels in Europe and with this in mind and the freescoring performances of late I expect PSV to win this by a couple of goals to continue their good form of late. PSV -1 @ 2.5 bet365

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) im with you on that one gy_manc. werder looked awesome away from home at the wknd and are scoring for fun. read further up the thread that sofia have lost their goalie through injury as well which just makes that one even more of a banker for me. thought before the odds went up that we might get a better price but reckon the bookies are running scared after taking such a beating last time out in the champs league. liverpool look a different team in europe and will be boosted by that pretty comfortable win against villa. they'll also be keen to silence the doubters that still remain after their joke performance against man u. bordeaux look at their depth in this competition. psv are a classy outfit and like liverpool will be looking to clinch qualification with a win tonight. the turks travel poorly and didnt even have enough to hold psv at home. im already on the treble and think im gonna have an extra flutter on werder bremen -1 @ 11/10 with bet365. great price especially as some firms are going as low as 8/13.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) i also consider PSV as the banker of the champions league tonight.thats my selection along with west brom.and some basket and tennis events(btw,i wonder why a tennis room is not available in this forum) without money,i beleive that Chelsea and INTER both will not lose tonight,rest games NO BET for me,:clap GL to all of you boys;)

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Not touching Bayern tonight. Was looking at backing them but they've got major problems in midfield by the looks of it. Goalscorer in Lisbon Bastian Scweinsteiger is suspended, Hargreaves broken leg, Seb Deisler struggling along with Mark van Bommell. Lukas Podolski is also out so it looks like a 3 pronged attack in Maakay, Pizarro & Santa Cruz. They should win but I ain't backing them at the price available.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31)

Levski will field their second goalkeeper, an inexperienced 18 year old boy with a history of receiving cheap goals from a distance. the regular keeper is injured. Mihailov, the son of usa'94 national keeper is blamed for the last draw, 1:1 in the domestic league. the equalizer was a 30 meter shot, not too hard to catch. Levski will be in big trouble with Bremen's forwards shooting from every position. i cannot see anything but an away win here. Petkov, the injured keeper is worth half the team, he saved the day many times in europe last season and this. with him the game would've been an unpredictable one. now i expect an early lead and 2 or more goals diference for the visitors.
Be very careful how you take this news. Nikolay Mikhailov is a good young keeper and very highly rated by scouts across Europe. Every young keeper is prone to one or two mistakes and Mikhailov is no exception. He will either have a blinder tonight (making you curse) or make one or two mistakes to let Werder stretch their lead. Be cautious with this news though as he is a good young GK. I'm playing with the AH tonight and doing: Liverpool AH -1 @ 1.70 (365) At Anfield they have turned the ground into a fortress. Their result at Villa from the weekend will give them a timely boost for tonight. I can not see Bordeaux getting a result tonight. They have lost 5 of their opening 11 matches and sit in mid table. Liverpool should win this match 2 or 3 nil. Werder AH -1 @ 1.52 (365) The news about Petkov being injured is not going to make me do -2 etc on the handicaps. The have a good young keeper how is coming in to replace him. I still expect a Werder win as they are one of the most attacking teams in Europe at the moment. Expect a tight match imo (as Levski still have a lot to play for) and it could end up 2-1 to Werder. If Werder play to their full potential though their might be a bigger score.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) I will try some on Sporting tonight. Bayern is big favorites, but are without a lot of important players( Schweinsteiger ( red carded ); Podolski, Scholl, Lucio and Hargreaves (short term injuries) and Deisler and Ismael (long term) Van Bommel ( doubtful)). Bayern has a good sqaud, but with these players out there will be some problems. Its expected that Bayern will start with 3 attackers, since they dont have enough midfielders. They have played some games with the same formation, with very differents results. No problems in Sporting. Have big problems playing against Germany team, 0-4-9. But they have to win someday... Bayern won the first game 1-0, was a little lucky with that. Probably starting lineups: Bayern: Oliver Kahn; Willy Sagnol, Martín Demichelis, Daniel Van Buyten, Philipp Lahm; Mark van Bommel, Andreas Ottl, Hasan Salihamidžić; Claudio Pizarro, Roy Makaay, Roque Santa Cruz. Sporting: Ricardo; Marco Caneira, Anderson Polga, Tonel, Rodrigo Tello; Carlos Paredes, Nani, João Moutinho, Carlos Martins; Yannick Djaló, Liedson. Most bookies offers around 7.00 on AW, but centerbet has 9.00 and i think thats worth some small stakes. For those that will try some safer, X2 and +1AH should be good options. Good luck!

PSV - Galatasaray SK PSV good play at home all match,national league and champions league.Thıs match very hard,because Galatasaray last chances.Maybe PSV will win this match but Galatasaray team form holded.Last 3 matches won league and cup.It must win this match and ı think gerets will move attacking tacktik 4-1-3-2 maybe 4-2-3-1 but thıs tacktık very hard to score. PSV will play ball calm,because 1 points enough.Galatasaray will play ball fast.I think Galatasaray play atacking and maybe win this match,because important player for attacking. Ãœmit Karan,Necati Ateş,Hakan ŞÃ¼kür,Arda Turan,Hasan Şaş,Sasa İlic this player very impotant star. PSV maybe play counter attack and farfan,kone dangeraus player for Galatasaray defender. I think Galatasaray will win this match maybe 1-0 maybe 2-1. 7,23 odd incredible. Over/under very hard pick. 10/10 Galatasaray WİN
Are you serious?? :eek , No way are Galatasaray a 10/10 pick away to anyone in europe let alone PSV. You have to go back to August 2003 since they had an away win in any European competition which was a 3-0 success against CSKA Sofia. Since that win there away record in Europe reads P - 7, W - 0, D - 2, L - 5. Even in there domestic league this season Galatasaray have only won 1 of the 5 away matches played. Compare that to PSV's domestic home record of 4 wins from 4 and there european home record which includes just one home defeat in the last 3 years (against Lyon!) then I dont see any real reasoning for your bet. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but to me PSV are one of the picks of the night in the Champions League.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) PSV - Gala im going with the home team coz their recent form is just great.... and gala is just now the force they were before. some might argue that playing in CL is different than the league..but then we can always look back at previous records, PSV hard to beat at home ala~ boca J, Gala.. bad away form....... hopefully this all points to a PSV home win coz im on them... and Bremen also cheers~ happy punting also on Bremen -1.25(AH)/Psv -1(AH)/Liverpool -1(AH)treble :ok hopefully all will get through

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) personally at those odds i'd say there is no value in the whole of the PSV game. PSV are the better side, on god form, but the odds reflect that and I've just got done watching the last match between these two sides and they were very lucky to get out with a point let alone three. galatassary were on top for the firsty sixty and then psv had breakaway goals and then were holding on. If you asked me to pick i'd take psv but as with all games this week the bookies seemed to have it well priced. I'd say only valencia seem value as in some places they are 2.0, and despite injuries that seems high for a side who are favoruites and look comfortable in victory last time out.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Bayern-Lissbon Today the Bayern save the 2.Round of CL I think. Home at Allianz Arena Lissbon should not be a problem. After the ranking affair in the forward Bayerns brains are clear. Makaay is in a goog form and I think today he will score. Makaay will Germany demonstrate who is the best forward in Bayern Munich. So the other forwards will play good too - the competition in forward are enorm today 1 bwin 1.40

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Last 5 games of Werder: 30.09 Werder - Monchengladbach 3:0 14.10 Bochum - Werder 0:6 18.10 Werder - Levski 2:0 21.10 Werder - Bayern 3:1 27.10 Mainz 05 - Werder 1:6 Actually Werder scored the least number of goals against Levski. I watched the match and the Germans had clearly underestimated Levski. They were a little confused on the pitch as Levski failed to surrender by default and Werder were somewhat lucky to take the lead in the last minutes of the first half. The Germans were very happy with the three points and they didn't care about goal difference. They were probably thinking about the Bayern match as well. Levski have been warned about the firepower of Werder away from home, several key strikers will miss the match for Levski so I do not expect an open game or win-or-die approach from the hosts. They know a draw will be a great result. Even if Werder takes the lead, I doubt that Levski will forget about defending - they will probably wait for their chance until the last minutes. So be careful with handicaps and Over 2.5 bets.

Levski will field their second goalkeeper, an inexperienced 18 year old boy with a history of receiving cheap goals from a distance. the regular keeper is injured. Mihailov, the son of usa'94 national keeper is blamed for the last draw, 1:1 in the domestic league. the equalizer was a 30 meter shot, not too hard to catch. Levski will be in big trouble with Bremen's forwards shooting from every position. i cannot see anything but an away win here. Petkov, the injured keeper is worth half the team, he saved the day many times in europe last season and this. with him the game would've been an unpredictable one. now i expect an early lead and 2 or more goals diference for the visitors.
Can u please tell us the source of this news ? (in english) Or can please some one confirm this ? If it's true :loon, then IMO , Werder(-1.25) worth a bet

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) 3 championsleauge games...

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventSofia - Bremen
Selectionover 2.5 goals in game
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.72 (Back)
ReasoningWerder Bremen scores goals every game and a lot. This game has abig chance to go over 2.5 goals. I will go for that one.. 10/10 over 2.5 Goals
EventBarcelona - Chelsea
SelectionUnder 2.5 in game
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCentrebet @ 1.62 (Back)
ReasoningThis game we all been waiting for. Last game finished 1-0 Chelsea. I think this game will be close to, and not much golas.. So i will go with thw -2,5 in game. I think 1-0,0-1 or 1-1.. 10/10 under2.5 goals in game
EventShaktor - Valencia
Selectionunder 2.5 Goals in game
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 1.70 (Back)
ReasoningValencia very strong. Dont think that Shaktor will score.. Valencia is favorit and will maybe win a low game score.. 10/10 under2.5 Goals

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Bayern Munich are in with a good chance of beating the handicap against Sporting Lisbon tonight-IMO! Bayern have an excellent home defence - which is often overlooked and overshadowed by their attacking prowess - 2-0 or even 3-0 seems possible to me! good luck all!

Can u please tell us the source of this news ? (in english) Or can please some one confirm this ? If it's true :loon, then IMO , Werder(-1.25) worth a bet
This is correct info:ok, it is confirmed on the UEFA Website. http://www.uefa.com/Competitions/UCL/FixturesResults/Round=2357/match=1116362/report=PR.html Risky as it may be i took the Werder -1.5 AH.

don't know if its available in the international press. I'm from Sofia, Bulgaria, Levski is my team and the info is true(unfortunately:cry ) Petkov missed the last league game due to bent(not sure about the word in english)finger. He and our most talented young striker Valeri Domovchiiski are not even in the group for this match. Actually i was expecting Levski to take first points tonight but these injuries are a dreadful blow to our squad. i will go to the game expecting another defeat. i was hoping that we manage to keep the germans at bay until they get nervous and then score a counter.... now i'm afraid that they will quickly manage to score and the game will be over.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Barcelona - Chelsea Barcelona are not the same team with Eto’o and without him. It’s very visible that after his injury Barcelona don’t have so persuasive results. In match week ago Chelsea was much better team in field and they won 1:0. Last weekend Barcelona back home from Madrid ashamed . Now, Rijkaard want to make some tactics changes and Barcelona will probably play with one lone striker Gudjohnsen . I don’t want to underestimate his performances but everyone who watched Barcelona lately know that he is not some extraordinary striker , he is only average and personally I have opinion he is not player for big teams like Barcelona are . The only player I expect something from is Messi , but he was lately injured and it’s questionable how good he will play.

Probable: 1.Victor Valdes 4.Rafael Marquez 5.Carles Puyol 11.Gianluca Zambrotta 12.Giovanni van Bronckhorst 15. Edmilson 6.Xavi Hernandez 20. Deco 7.Eidur Gudjohnsen 10. Ronaldinho 19.Lionel Messi.

When I talk about Chelsea I just must to mention their excellent midfield . Players like Ballack , Lampard or Cole are like some impenetrable wall for opponent strikes and at the same time they always make excellent job in attack too. Chelsea have second choice goalkeeper Cudicini back in team but “no name” Hilario is did well in previous matches so I believe he will stay on Chelsea’s goal tonight. In attack they will probably lack Drogba but there are some chance for him to play ( maybe not from the start ) . In that line I expect Robben and Shevchenko, but Shevchenko is totally out of form just like Ronaldhino in Barcelona . So, I see this match without much fire power from both sides.

Probable : 40. Hilario 6.Ricardo Carvalho18.WayneBridge 20.Paulo Ferreira 26.John Terry 5.Michael Essien 8.Frank Lampard 10.Joe Cole 13.Michael Ballack 16.Arjen Robben 7.Andriy Shevchenko.

In my opinion this will be a low scoring match and one option is under 2.5 . I think , in the moment Chelsea is more compact team and plays more calculated football so expect result 0:0 , or even 0:1 , and from that point of view Chelsea AH +0.25 ( 2.25 Pinnacle) should be the good choice too. Pick: Chelsea AH +0.25 Stake 10/10 2.25 @Pinnacle

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) I think psv is not better than galatasaray this season in istanbul gs played well in the first half but lost, it's the second game and galatasaray can beat psv this match the ratios of galatasaray is too much there is an insultion for galatasaray I trust galatasaray to win both halfes:clap SALDIR GALATASARAYIM

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) PSV matches normally involve goals - and more goals on top of that - at least in the league! But I think that their history in this competition shows lots of tight low scoring affairs! In the league this season I think PSV have actually kept things much tighter away however! Galatasaray can score a goal aswell of course, ask Liverpool, so the overs at around evens is worth a punt here -IMO! I can't see PSV losing this either -tbh!

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) i think there is potential for a few Ht/Ft 1/2 2/1's tonight in the CL.. Few candidates are... PSV vs Galatasaray Sporting vs Bayern Spartak vs Inter Barce vs Chelsea Shakhtar Donetsk vs Valencia The one i like the most is... Spartak HT Inter FT @ 26.00 bet365 2/10 Will also play.. Chelsea HT barcelona FT @ 29.00 bet365 1/10 Sporting HT Bayern FT @ 29.00 bet365 1/10 Galatasaray HT PSV FT @ 29.00 bet365 1/10 Valencia HT Shakhtar Donetsk FT @ 34.00 bet365 1/10 :ok Now to the serious stuff... Potential for a slight upset is Shakhtar Donetsk at home to Valencia who lost at the weekend to Santander, not a very good result at all. The odds for the home team are simply too high IMO and i will have a little dabble on them. Their home record this season is good 6-0-1, including a 4-1 win on friday against the 6th placed team. Granted the Ukranian league does not fully test a team like Shakhtar Donetsk but you have to get the results. Shakhtar Donetsk @ 4.00 bet365 4/10 Inter need a result tonight, i think they have to take the 3 points realistically because they still have to play Bayern away which will not be easy for them and also Sporting at home which will be no walkover. So a win tonight i think is essential for them to proceed into the next stage of the competition, and i also think they will perform and get the desired result. So i am going large stakes on them away at Spartak tonight. A reverse of the score from the San Siro is worth a go too (2-1) Inter @ 1.83 bet365 9/10.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) I wanna warn you guys in some point. I don't like betting on Galatasaray matches (my team) and I don't like commenting on them either. I don't wanna give a comment about who will win tonight but I thought I should warn you. Olimpiyat Stadı (where we played against psv and bordeaux) is the worst stadium ever. Galatasaray played there one complete season because Ali Sami Yen (the real stadium- HELL) was being restored and we ended up being 6th in that terrible league losing to caykur rizespor 0-5 once. I'm sure if we played in Ali Sami Yen we would have beaten both PSV and Bordeaux. The matches you watched (or you only know the result) against PSV or Bordeaux is no sign for this match. Only take the Liverpool match into consideration before betting. Galatasaray will play better than they played at that shitey stadium. I hope that stadium burns down and we never play there again. Don't forget I'm not saying we won't lose. I'm just saying be careful. Cheers.

Football (Euro Cups)
Eventliverpool v bordeux
Selectionliverpool
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 1.40 (Back)
ReasoningLiverpool are having stop start season but I feel they made a statement last weekend defeating villa comfortably and playing some beautiful football especially in first half. Bordeux dont impress me at all the team is to negative and find it hard to score goals. They are in a must win position and surely I expect this negative side to come out and try to win. Liverpool are maybe one of the strongest teams in europe at home and Bordeaux dont stand a chance