** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League (Oct 31)

Tuesday 31 October 2006
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
Spartak Moscow v Inter Milan (17:30 GMT)4.203.302.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Barcelona v Chelsea (19:45 GMT)2.183.254.00102% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Bayern München v Sporting Lisbon (19:45 GMT)1.434.009.00107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Levski Sofia v Werder Bremen (19:45 GMT)7.253.751.51107% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Liverpool v Bordeaux (19:45 GMT)1.494.009.20103% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
PSV v Galatasaray (19:45 GMT)1.533.807.25106% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreFirst Goal TimeHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Roma v Olympiakos (19:45 GMT)1.454.209.25104% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals
Shaktar v Valencia (19:45 GMT)4.053.352.00105% Related markets...Match ResultHalf-time/Full-time- - -Correct ScoreHalf-time Correct ScoreHalf-time ResultOver/UnderRed CardTotal Goals

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Liverpool to beat Bordeaux I think Liverpool have found there winning touch again in the EPL as they beat Villa quite convincingly but, did not manage to keep a clean sheet. The defense is not at its best but the scoring ability is good, especially with Kuyt and Crouch alongside one another. With a team like Bordeaux who have managed nothing good in the Champions leauge this season or any other seasons, will have no chance at Anfield. Liverpool usually play world class football when playing in the CL. No doubt Rafa will change the squad again as he does every game. Kind of thinking that has an affect on the team when they play. With so many new players in the squad it would be hard for them to jell in to a team and that maybe affect the winning quality football we saw from last season.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) PSV - Galatasaray SK PSV good play at home all match,national league and champions league.Thıs match very hard,because Galatasaray last chances.Maybe PSV will win this match but Galatasaray team form holded.Last 3 matches won league and cup.It must win this match and ı think gerets will move attacking tacktik 4-1-3-2 maybe 4-2-3-1 but thıs tacktık very hard to score. PSV will play ball calm,because 1 points enough.Galatasaray will play ball fast.I think Galatasaray play atacking and maybe win this match,because important player for attacking. Ümit Karan,Necati Ateş,Hakan Şükür,Arda Turan,Hasan Şaş,Sasa İlic this player very impotant star. PSV maybe play counter attack and farfan,kone dangeraus player for Galatasaray defender. I think Galatasaray will win this match maybe 1-0 maybe 2-1. 7,23 odd incredible. Over/under very hard pick. 10/10 Galatasaray WİN

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Spartak-Inter; X - 3,25 @ expekt I don't think Inter will have a easy time to just go to Moscow and pick up the points. I feel that, although maybe not as good a team, Spartak could very well get a point in this match. I'm not so impressed by Inter defending, so I don't think they could hold on to a 1-0 lead tbh. 1-1? Roma-Olympiakos; 1 - 1,45 @ expekt Not going with a -1 because I don't feel as safe with Roma as I once did. They have dropped some points in the league when they were favorites to win. Still they won in last league match and they won this match last time away with 0-1. I expect Roma to win. 2-0? Liverpool-Bordeaux; 1 - 1,40 @ expekt Liverpool won away 0-1. They suprised me a bit this weekend beating Villa 3-1 at home. I think they could grab a win here, but not very sure if they will win by more than a goal though. 2-0? Barcelona-Chelsea; over 2,5 goals - 2,15 @ expekt Chelsea won, and rightly so, at home. I think Barca need to win this game, leaving it a bit open. I'm just hoping Chelsea won't play total defence this time, I'm counting on both teams to attack. Barca has to stay clear of Werder, a team doing very well, and that should give Chelsea some space to get some scoring chances. 2-1? Levski Sofia-Werder Bremen; -1 (Bremen) - 2,05 @ expekt I'm giving this a try. Bremen seems to score goals for fun, they won home 2-0 and with Barcelona dropping points at Chelsea, Bremen should see this as a great chance to go past Barca in the table if Barca loose. I'm counting on Bremen to play to max of their potential winning this easy. 0-3?

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) spartak moskova-inter I think spartak has a chance to win I dont know anything about spartak but inter played a derby game last week and some injured players my opinion spartak will win barcelona-chelsea I think two teams will play defensive under 2,5 gols

Re: Champions League (Oct 31)

SportFootball (Euro Cups)
EventBayern - Sporting
SelectionHalf Time Draw
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 2.52 (Back)
ReasoningBayern, even without key players due to injury or suspension, is a strong team, very difficult to beat. But Sporting is not easy to beat too. They have a strong defense and very nice players in the midfield (Moutinho and Carlos Martins) and a great forward (Liedson). They are playing nice football and are one of the best teams in the Portuguese Superliga. I expect a similar game to the one in Lisbon with no goals in the first half.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Match: PSV v Galatassary Date: 31/10/06 Time: 20:45 cet Recommended bet: PSV -1.25 AH @ 2.23 Pointbet 3/10 PSV need just 1 more win to book their place in the next round, and they should be able to do it tonight against Galatasary. At home in Europe, PSV are a renowned force and not many teams leave the Phillips Stadion with a win or even a draw. In the last few seasons, I have only ever really seen 1 team dominate them here and that was Lyon. The Dutch champions are a class act, simple as that and should get the business done against a Turkish team that just cant play away from home. Gala have just 1 away win all season, and are not getting the business done on the road. This will be a tough trip, and I can see them losing it by as good margin. They did well to fight back against Liverpool, but defensively they were a shambles at times. PSV are a more solid team than the reds and I can see them keeping a clean sheet whilst also scoring a couple. The value is on PSV on a -1.25 AH. At the moment, this looks to be a very generous price and I cant see it lasting as the day goes on. This is obviously no banker but worth low to medium stakes. PSV Injured: Kluivert (C, att), D Jong (C, mid) PSV suspended: None Galatassary Injured: None Galatassary suspended: None

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Levski will field their second goalkeeper, an inexperienced 18 year old boy with a history of receiving cheap goals from a distance. the regular keeper is injured. Mihailov, the son of usa'94 national keeper is blamed for the last draw, 1:1 in the domestic league. the equalizer was a 30 meter shot, not too hard to catch. Levski will be in big trouble with Bremen's forwards shooting from every position. i cannot see anything but an away win here. Petkov, the injured keeper is worth half the team, he saved the day many times in europe last season and this. with him the game would've been an unpredictable one. now i expect an early lead and 2 or more goals diference for the visitors.

Levski will field their second goalkeeper, an inexperienced 18 year old boy with a history of receiving cheap goals from a distance. the regular keeper is injured. Mihailov, the son of usa'94 national keeper is blamed for the last draw, 1:1 in the domestic league. the equalizer was a 30 meter shot, not too hard to catch. Levski will be in big trouble with Bremen's forwards shooting from every position. i cannot see anything but an away win here. Petkov, the injured keeper is worth half the team, he saved the day many times in europe last season and this. with him the game would've been an unpredictable one. now i expect an early lead and 2 or more goals diference for the visitors.
Now that is interesting news!! In this case maybe Werder will score more than once. And their appetite is showing that are able to score more that 3! Let's see the odds: Werder -2 AH @2.75 ! Looks great value to me!

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Here are my 50% chance tips no analysis though cause I don't have great info about every team. spartak moscow - Inter (-0.5) : inter is a better team . they beat milan they boosted their morale. moscow is not a hell or smt. inter must win. so inter will win. 1.86(pinnacle) Barcelona - Chelsea (+0.5) : I think there is only home advantage difference that is going on between these two great teams. But with this form of barca giving Chelsea 0.5 ball is silly. So I take it. 1.86 (pointbet) Liverpool - Bordeaux (+1.25) : Liverpool and PSV are almost clear in this group so they will play relaxed. Bordeaux is still fighting for hope and the third place. So it's hard for liverpool to win by 2 goals. last chance for bordeaux. 1.91 (point) Shakhtar - Valencia (-0.5) : As a Galatasaray fan I know a lot about Lucescu and his style of play. I'm sure he'll at least get a draw here against a Valencia who already without a doubt will qualify this group. 1.86 (pointbet) Levski - Bremen (-1.25) : Bremen should win this match and I trust them the most at scoring goals. They are again gonna win 0-2 or 0-3 imo. 1.84 (point) roma - olympiakos (+1.25) : roma has been out of form failing to get easy results recently. After all this is a CL match and olympiakos is not a joke team. I find the line a bit huge here. roma will win by 1 goal I think. 1.95 (pointbet) bayern - lisbon (+1) : bayern has a great form in CL so far and lisbon can't leave the stadium with any points. But I'm not sure if they will cover the handicap. strikers should be on form. 1.87 (pointbet) 5 stakes on all cause I'm not good away from Turkey :) . GL :hope

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) any attempt by Liverpool to sit back will probrably cost them - look what happened v Galatasaray 3-0 to 3-2 in the blink of an eye! they also slowed down after going 3-0 up v Villa by HT - it finished 3-1! maybe there's a possibility of some in running punts there I don't know but I would be very surprised if they play so relaxed [as aimar21 puts it] that they fall behind to Bordeaux! I just don't think that the french side have got what it takes here! ht/ft 1/1 [maybe X/1?] is what I'm considering! I may back Bordeaux next goal -in running -if it feels right at the time! any thoughts?

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) I agree with the sentiment behind aimar21's opinion as regards Valencia away to Shakhtar though! -IMO - Valencia are an excellent side and it's well within their capabilities to beat the ukranians - but I'm not sure we can trust them to perform here! this is a no bet for me! good luck!

Football (Euro Cups)
Eventlevski v werder
Selectionwerder
Strength10/10
Date31/10/2006
Bookmaker/PriceCoral @ 1.44 (Back)
ReasoningIMO this is the best bet of champions league match day even though werder are away from home. Werder are in incredible from and are playing best attacking football I have witnessed from a german side probably since leverkuseun in 2001. Levski are just mediocre and shouldnt be competing at this level, the best they could achieve from this match is a to score a goal. Away win huge stake is almost garaunrteed, also a riskier pick would be to go for over 2.5 because levski can score

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Some interesting points and most seem fairly valid. Trying to pick a double form the following 3 teams.. Barcelona - This game is too big for the Catalans and with the prospect of meeting Bremen to qualify I can see them winning tonight. Fully expect Chelski to turn up and play defensively. Bremen - This too me is a no brainer, although how many times have we said that and found ourselves penniless, living in the street and staring hungrily at the stray cats.......Just me then!! PSV - Disappointed with G/saray in their home game, don't seem to be the team they were and certainly Turkey no longer holds the fear it used for foreign teams. Expect the Dutch outfit to win comfortably. Favourites at the moment are Barca and PSV purely for the better odds. GL :ok

roma - olympiakos (+1.25) : roma has been out of form failing to get easy results recently. After all this is a CL match and olympiakos is not a joke team. I find the line a bit huge here. roma will win by 1 goal I think. 1.95 (pointbet) 5 stakes on all cause I'm not good away from Turkey :) . GL :hope
HELLO TO ALL OF YOU HERE AND CONGRATULATIONS TO EACHONE OF YOU FOR THE RESPECT YOU ARE SHOWING TO EACH OTHER (VERY IMPORTANT FOR A FORUM) I HAVE TO INFORM MY FRIEND AIMAR THAT I AM A GREEK-CYPRIOT AND I KNOW HOW OLYMPIAKOS IS DOING VERY WELL. OLYMPIAKOS HAS A PRESIDENT A BILLIONER AND EVERY SINGLE LEAGUE THEY GET IS HELPED BY REFEREES AND IS SOMETHING LIKE JOKE NOW IN GREECE THAT OLYMPIAKOS IS GETTING EVERY YEAR THE CHAMPIONSHIP BUT IN EUROPE THEY CANNOT MAKE A SINGLE WIN. AFTER THE DEFEAT BY ROMA AT HOME ALL GREECE IS LAUGHING BECAUSE THEY WERE ABSOLUTELY SURE FOR A WIN (TOO MANY INJURIES AND PROB. IN ROMA SQUAD THEN). AFTER THIS DISAPPOINTMENT IT CAME ONE MORE... ATROMITOS - OLYMPIAKOS 1-0. A DEFEAT BY ATROMITOS. A TEAM THAT HAS THE 5% OF THE BAGGET THAT OLYMPIAKOS HAS. A TEAM THAT HAS NO BIG NAMES IN THE SQUAD AND MADE THERE FIRST HOME WIN AT HOME. THE TRAINNER WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE AND FIGHTING WITH THE PLAYERS AND FINALLY HE TALK PRIVATELY TO EACH PLAYER - ASKING EVERYONE IF THEY HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH HIM AND IF THEY LIKE THE WAY THEY PLAY AND TRAIN ETC - ETC. AFTER ALL THESE AND MANY OTHERS THEY ACHIEVED TO WIN ERGOTELIS 1-0. ERGOTELIS IS A TEAM FROM GRETA ISLAND WHICH IS GOING UP AND DOWN THE A AND B LEAGUE. I FIND OLYMPIAKOS RIDICULOUS AND ROMA IS NOT GONNA GIVE THEM ANY GIFT.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Sulamani - welcome onboard :beer Your comment is very interesting. I agree with you that Roma should take avantage of the game and win in comfortably. However, the price is crappy (1.40) while The Italians are not so much convincing nowadays, as well. What's more I am afraid that Spaletti may field only 1 striker (Totti) and low scoring game is expected then. Finally, taking a look at Group D it seems that a draw here would not have been a disaster for Roma. All in all, home win is very probable but in my opinion still not worthy to be taken with such a low odds.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) This is definitely one of those games that could turn out either way. The first ten minutes of both halves will definitely shape the game. If Chelsea get an early goal that will push Barcelona into a “do or die” mode which will definitely be interesting to watch. A draw with a few nervous moments at the end seems like a reasonable result. Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) I like Olympiacos +1.25 at Roma. Roma played well on the weekend beating Udinese, but they need just a point to secure a spot in the next round, so I don't think they will have their best 11 on the pitch. Also, I think Roma were fortunate to win Greece the last time they met and Olympiacos rested a number of players on the weekend for this match where Roma did not. If Roma win it should be a close one.

Re: Champions League (Oct 31) Inter to beat Spartak ( 2-0) as one bet £10 returns - £75+£10 back Then my Treble for 31st... w bremen - fantastic form levski sofia not best team in world home or away can see a stroll 4-0 bremen psv - good at home watched game other week against galatasary should of beat em 4/5-1 kone upfront looks a real threat i see 3-0 win.. liverpool - very very strong at home will be to good for bordeaux i think another 3-0 win Treble bet £100 returns £375